(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

Ann and peanut

Seem like my PIL house not tat cold i alway feel very warm le. and I already dress him in long pjs without aircon... he had sweaty head..

ya PD did give me some medicine for allergic purpose...

charliebrown: hihi, nice meeting you and Kenji! What a chubby cutie you have =) I actually find the lesson quite relaxing. Maybe because our class got 3 babies instead of 2 so our babies get a longer "break" in between the "quiz" on the flash cards. I heard from sun_tan that the little gym is much more tiring in comparison as there's lot of physical activities. The usual class size is 3. I find the class size just nice. All the babies in our class were very ok during the lesson. Just a bit cannot sit still. At the end of the lesson, Nathan even crawled toward the instructor and she gave him a hug =) But don't think we'll be signing up as the gym part wasn't impressive. The academic part is interesting but I think I'll enrol my bb in something purely academic if I want to develop his academic skills.

Irene: hehe..my bb sat still in the lesson cos he cannot crawl yet! And he just learn to sit just last week. 3 babies is a good size for academic learning! When I went to the little gym, there were abt 10 babies, but their gym is v big, focus on physical exercise only. I see baby N like enjoying himself at the gym leh, crawling, exploring. bb S also, playing in the tunnel. Mine was crying in the gym. lol!

I agree with Irene. Same mindset.. if I would rather enrol my bb for purely academic if I wanna develop his academic skills.

Hi Mummies,

anyone buy this for bb to try:

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5213911.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5213912.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5213913.jpg]

Charliebrown,

Yup nice meetg you too! Ya Kenji is such a cutie! Too bad we are not in the same class, if not can interact more [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] ya I just signed S for academic class starting in jul. So for now won't be signing up for any gym class. But then I still got 2 trial classes this weekend! Gymboree on sat n kindermusik on sun.. Lol but quite interested to know wat kindermusik gotta offer.

jasline: i only tried rice with mixed veggies. my gal eats it but i find them kinda sweet. i prefer the plain white rice but like very "boring" leh.

any mummies tried those bellamy's pasta? although it stated for 7 mths up but my bb has no teeth, and looks so scary to swallow them!

Hi all Jul mummies, I'm aug 2010 mummy. Want to ask how u all sign up for free trial class at gymboree, kindermusik etc??

Kepsis,

Hang in there!! I m still bfing but with miserable ss only. So am supplementing with fm. Ya, it's not easy to pump but I also can't bear to stop. I will continue to pump as long as I have ss. Maybe u can try cutting now 1 pump n start to intro K fm? In this way, then it would not be too tiring for u bah.

Jascmy, those trial classes are not free

Sweetkiss, i bought those pasta, too. looks harmless (brown rice pasta stars). think what i'll do is cook some and try it first - gotta pretend that i've no teeth [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

SK-I bot the same as Ica, but J doesnt like! I cook till very mushy and bring it out.. its dry, but after adding carrot is better.

Maybe carrot got a smell and he dun like but my friend bb like it and she finishes within few mins! dun noe if he dun like the pasta or carrot.. but the pasta don have much taste one.. maybe is carrot.. going to try this weekend again.

He dont like bellamy rice cereal too.. wonder if is the brand? haa.. but they dun noe how to choose brand one marz.. maybe just conincidence

Ica & Vernie, kindermusik class this sun is 5pm instead of 2pm. Please PM me ur name, bb name, dob and contact no if u still keen. Thanks!!

ica: ok! try & let me know yr review.. they seem tasteless.. sigh! i really dunno wad to feed my dd anymore. ytd i gave her bits of mcd hotcakes! she like!

Hello Mommies who are using the Avent Steamer/Blender for your babies,

Do you have any receipes to share? Cos I'm not very good at cooking and thus, is following the few receipes from Avent...but found them quite limited la.

Yesterday tried making for the first time - Simple one with potato and carrot to test if my baby Kendrick likes it. Quite happy that he does and that motivates me to prepare a wider variety to him next time.

Btw, just to check whether if babies on the heavier side shouldn't be fed potatoes or starchy food too frequently? Cos Kendrick at 7mths+ is now 10.2 kg and I think he is on the 97th percentile. PD also said on the heavier side..so I'm thinking whether if I should cut back on the potatoes...hmmm

Anyway, if mommies have any good websites that share baby food receipes, pls let me know ok?

Thanks

cheese, ya lor. our babies should be very curious to try anything. oh, if i'm not mistaken, bellamy rice cereal has some herbs in it. but does J like carrots? maybe you can cook both but don't mix them up first; put in separate bowls and mix and feed as you go along - just in case he doesn't like combo meals

jascmy - it ranges from $30 to $40+. i think The Little Gym is $43? sorry not much help here

cheese: tasteless like abit not appetising hor. how about the pigeon instant porridge? u tried b4? i saw it at taka baby fair.. but instant porridge gives me the impression it has alot of preservatives.

Ica, yalorz. this is the first time he eat carrot.Got nth much in the fridge to mix.. lol. will try again this weekend!

A bit ex.. 200grm and the price is $7+..

the qty a bit only... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Jascmy- Little gym is $42.80. that is all i noe.. haha

sweetkiss,

i made pancakes for the whole family on Saturday.

my boy finished half a pancake.

I didnt put any butter or syrup. Just plain =)

As for the pigeon porridge - i tried as well, its very appetising (smell wise) but not salty, i feel its ok, my boy finished it as well. Good for bringing outside, just have to heat up in a bowl of hot water if you prefer warm.

I havent had much time to prepare food from scratch so I have been feeding Alwyn with bottled food, packets etc mostly organic range and he eats everything

If you really insist on homecooked, can visit this shop at United Square. Petite Bowl

http://www.petitbowl.com/

sun_tan: where did you sign up for the academic class?

Sweetkiss: Think when bb is 8mths can intro more new food right? I've been running out of ideas to cook for bb too, so boring to eat cereal plus veg/fruit puree, or porridge. I have intro chicken to bb, he is ok, at least can eat more of his porridge. I can't wait to let bb try blueberries next cos it is power food. There is a mummy in May thread who cooks v v delicious food for her bb. I always go see. Wish I can cook like her!

Jo_lyn: Kindermusik has any Sat Trial class or only Sundays...?

grace: wow.. thanks for sharing. i always try to cook if possible. but i still give instant food once in a while so bb is exposed to diff flavours. maybe ill try the pigeon porridge. your boy has teeth now? i am always worried to give my girl food that cant melt. scared she choke..

charliebrown: can share hw u cook the chicken porridge? ya so far she's eating carrots, broccoli, pumpkin, silverfish, wolfberries.. these r the only few she likes. i wan to give her meat & fish leh..

grace: wow u made pancake!!! how to make?? that time when my hubby saw me making puree, he asked me to explore it as a business idea hahaha. But think no need to explore anymore since already got people doing it at the Petite Bowl.

charliebrown: sun_tan signed up with Little Genius at JE. Now got promo till end Mar.

Sweetkiss: haha, I follow peanut's way. Throw in the chicken n cook with the porridge. I used n minced the chicken thigh myself, cos the wholesomebaby web says this part has more iron. The cooked minced chicken breaks apart easily, so ok to eat. I dunno leh, but I think bbs use more of their gums to chew at tis stage.

Babycoco, I'm letting go the whole bunch of Cerelac in exchange for pigeon wipes (3x82wipes). Let me know if you still want it coz I'm gonna put it up in the WTS = )

Nestle Cerelac:

Hi I also have the following to give away. Please PM me if interested:

-4 sachet of brown rice (3 expiring in Sep 11, 1 in Jun 11)

-4 sachet of rice (3 expiring Apr 11 and 1 Sep 11)

-2 sachet of oats with prune (expiring Aug 11)

Sean Lau Birthday Party Photography

I did my baby's photoshoot with them and they gave me a voucher that entitles me to a 2 hour birthday party photography service at $200. Normal price is $348 (http://www.seanlau.com/investment/investment.html). I won't be using it, so anyone keen on engaging them for bb's 1st birthday party, let me know. I can mail the voucher to you. First come, first serve. =)

cheese: i added 4-5 red dates, a small handful of wolfberries and silver fish to boil with rice. once porridge is cooked, i put everything (excluding red dates) to blend. then add in my pureed veggie. bb likes! she can finish half a big bowl.

charliebrown: hw u mince the chicken thigh?!! or u ask the butcher to mince?

Brandon got upgraded to forward seating carseat already so anybody who knows anybody who wants to buy a MaxiCosi Cabrofix please PM. The color is Fast Forward, letting go at $180.

Thanks!

SK- thks for sharing! looks like I gotta buy a lot of things! cos my house got nth one... haha... ever since im preggy, given birth, all my sauces, I throw away.. no food de.. only fruits and packet drink only...

Gota stock some wolfberries, red dates! and done few batches of puree but like botak liao, marketing on this saturday to buy all these! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I nv blend the porride le, (Did once before).. just cook till mushy and let him eat.. i only let him eat at most a bowl cos he seems to be a small eater... have to spilt 2 times to feed if not the porridge turns cold de

irene,

heehee i made the pancake with the mix. Add milk and eggs. heeheehee.

i know abt the eggs part (so if you are worried separate the york and white)

sweetkiss, my boy has 2 tiny bottom tooth.

pris,

i just sold my cabriofix last week heeheehee

and the adapters for the bee too!

Sweetkiss: oh I use the back of the knife to tok tok the chicken thigh meat lo, but of cos u can buy minced meat.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] so ok for bbs to eat wolfberries ah? I also dun blend the porridge.

Irene:eek:k, thanx!

cheese: oic.. i realized the only way for me to cook porridge till mushy is to keep boiling it. but i read that nt gd to boil the rice for too long? so i always cook till just nice then i pour away excess water and blend le..

my house also! i dun cook de. only once in a while when i'm not working. i buy veg every fri to cook for sat & sun just for bb. usually i will be buying like, one carrot (30cents+) and one broccoli etc. maybe this weekend i try potato and asparagus. dunno if i shld puree and add in porridge or give as finger food (where the webby recommend)..

Pris,

I am totally on WA...haahah anytime feel free to WA me.

Jasmine,

You not scared ah..my cooking lei..not your mum's delicious food...hahaha

Pris, the expiry date still ok right? No problem, will exchange with pigeon wipes. Or you want diapers? I realised I have a lot of diapers, dunno if I need that many. I have Drypers Pants M. Does Brandon use that?

Charliebrown,

Yup I signed S for Little Genius. Go have a look. If interested can sign up then S n K can go for classes together! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

wolfberries: asked PD last week and she said ok to give wolfberries! i think it makes the porridge real yums

i dont blend porridge either. i just cook over the stove until semi soft, then transfer to slow cooker. slow cooker supposed to preserve nutrients in the food so i guess ok la. my girl likes to mash the food with her gums so i dont like to blend her food too much anymore..

Back