(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

thanks jasmine... hmm so as a start can i just cook porridge with minced meat? any other thing to add and make it more tasty?

ann: yah.. i actually got it from ebay. quite a steal..

ica, ya i always accompany her when i play the cd. and i will read out the words. if there are any singing, i will singalong and clap. but she is not interested at all.. dun even want to look at the tv. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Oh.. just to check.. is singapore version different from the ones overseas? The packaging seems different to me.

For those looking for the Avent steamer/blender set, Carrefour is selling a bundle consisting of:

- steamer/blender

- toddler bowl(6 months)

- toddler weaning spoon(6 months)

- front teeth teether

- VIA cups

for $160. Sounds like the same set that babycoco has mentioned. But it's valid till tomorrow (10th March 2011) only.

http://www.carrefour.com.sg/promotions/20110225-BabyFair.pdf

There's an advertisement on Straits Times today for the Taka baby fair. This site has a scanned copy http://livinginsingaporetoday.com/15300/baby-fair-at-takashimaya-2011/ (click on picture to see a larger image)

Mummies, i just called gymboree to double confirm Sun trial class. Now she is telling me that 9babies are alot and the class will be very crowded. There are 5 other babies attending. She ask me to spilt into 2 grp, one on Sat and Sun. Meanwhile she call up the 5 babies to confirm the attendance and get back to me. So be prepared that we may need to change. I will inform you gals when the PIC call me back.

Eliss

U shd let k try ... She may like nan cos I heard it taste closer to bm

Taka bb fair

Same as last year. Huggies v gd deal. Pull ups are at e same price as feb's promo of 2 for $25.90.

Pigeon got bite deals. Wet wipes control price

Sweetkiss: I tot u want to go on 12th (Sat)? U ok then i submit ur particular. U PM me ur name, bb name n ur contact no k.

Your Baby Can Read DVD: I have let my bb watched "Your Baby Can Read", "Baby Einstein" and "Brainy Baby". "Your Baby Can Read" is the only one that he really pays attention to. The rest, after watching for a while he'll look elsewhere and start to play with his feet etc. For "Your Baby Can Read", you need to let your bb watch the same DVD for 1-2 months (depending on which vol it is). Even though my bb watch the same DVD so...many times repeatedly, he still pays full attention, which really amazes me. And like what ica mentioned, bb will really have reaction. He loves the singing part most and will always laugh during the singing part. At first, I always watch with him and repeat the words to him together with actions (e.g. when the tv shows "clap", i will clap too"). Now sometimes I just let him enjoy the dvd himself. My colleague's mom used to take care of several babies and he told me that "Your Baby Can Read" is the one that he could really see results in the babies. Which is why my colleagues got it as my bb full month's gift although it's really ex. If can get it at a gd price at 2nd-hand, like Sweetkiss, it would be a very good buy.

Babycoco, yeah, looks like carrefour has a better deal. Okie will go to carrefour tmrw as well. Thanks acidz! Oh with posb credit card, there's 5% rebate too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

what to do if bb choke: now that our babies are on solid, i think it is important for us to know infant first aid for choking. I was actually inspired by Phy as when we went out that day, R was choking a bit and Phy immediately knew what to do and I was so impressed! After researching, I found the website below which provides good explanation with illustration on what to do if bb is choking hence would like to share:

http://www.babycenter.com/0_infant-first-aid-for-choking-and-cpr-an-illustrated-guide_9298.bc

SK:

that method was taught by my mum, normally when she cook, she add it either scallop / carrot / potato / sliever fish / veg... etc...

Any baby here drinking Mamil Gold? I have a few $5 vouchers which I can mail to you if you are keen.

PM or MSN me lah.. =)

Infant first Aid: I just went through the CPR & AED course to renew my license (made compulsory by my company). One of the lessons I took is baby's first aid. How to do CPR on baby & how to deal with them when choking. Find it quite useful.

Baby can read Seems like a good investment to me. Maybe if I can't get a gd 2nd hand deal, I will buy a new set then.

Eliss: Ya, Nan is the milk closest to breast milk. That is why I chose Nan in the first place. Never regretted the choice of FM.

Baby Can Read: I have the DVDs too. My boy will pay attention for the first few minutes, after that he will get distracted and start looking around but whenever a song come on, he will pay attention again! I don't have the flashcards though coz hubby bought the DVDs from China (*errm* - not authentic). Think I should go buy the flashcards to complement the DVDs.

Leapfrog: Any one has Leapfrog DVDs? Does it come with subtitles? Again, hubby got them from China and the subtitles are wrong!

The flash card is only with wording? If thats the case can we jus write on card n show to our baby. Heehee.. Cheapo mummy here :D

Jolyn, that is what my colleague is doing.

She printed out the picture with words and laminate it to show her son and daughter. save $. .hee.. good idea

Morning mummies.

Baby Can Read: I got an offer from a person who can give me the whole set and flashcards at low price but replica and photocopy..this person really earning fast bucks here lo. If I wanna do that, then I just borrow from you mummies and duplicate liao.

cheese, the baby can read series hor, no pictures in the flashcards coz the idea is to let baby recognise words rather than pictures

Ann, ya lor. i bet the seller only need to coughed up a very small amount to have them duplicated

actually, the flash cards have different colour backgrounds, all bold colours, like red, purple and the fonts are different types and in diff colours. my take on this is that it is done in this manner so that baby can recognise the words in diff settting. e.g. if you use only 1 font type and only 1 colour throughout, then when baby is given the same word, but diff font, diff colour, baby may not recognise it. or maybe i'm wrong. hee

re: bb can read

i have both flashcards and dvd. i find dvd convenient. i started #1 on bb can read after 1yo. my #2 is now watching baby signing times... i like [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

babycoco, you can just get the DVD if you want - cards, books, CDs are sold separately. Cards, books are revision materials. Especially good for SAHM.

hubby went crazy buying this series coz of what he saw - cousin's 3yo son could read any word thrown at him, though he might not understand. The mom is a SAHM. the little boy could read the instructions (the words lah) on a lego box. and when asked further, the father said he could read the papers. and when we were at the Taka Baby fair last year, before i popped H, we were browsing thru the aisle where this series was displayed and this mommy, who was also browsing, shared with us that was the only series that worked and that she had tried several others. so hubby lagi convinced!

the seried is called "your baby can read" NOT "your baby can understand" LOL. but eventually understanding will come, by association, i think

oh ya, with the flashcards, what we're supposed to do is - after watching 1 vol, test your baby on recognition i.e. placed several word cards on the floor, say out the word, and see whether baby is able to pick out the right one

Ann, after reading your post on how K loves his yoghurt, i went to buy - the same one, yoplait for babies. my mom just reported that H liked it! lapped up everything. we let her tried the vanilla one. thanks for sharing [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

now is to watch out for any allergic reaction. we went ahead despite the PD asking us to hold off till H is 1yo, just in case. over the weekend, went to cousin's place (she's a PD) and she said can give H yoghurt. but i told her that H had eczema and what her PD said. she said it's ok - yoghurt is milk after all

i must say that Cold Storage Jelita is well-stocked with baby food. oh, there's another brand of baby yoghurt, Muller. went yesterday and saw that Organix also has carrot sticks, corn rings as finger food

Wow.. How come my baby cannot pay attention to it? She is super lazy lo. Can hold a box of heavy wet tissues to play, can play with her milk bottle full of water, yet when it comes to feeding she will only open her mouth and refuse to feed herself! I tried to put her hands on the bottle but she will push the bottle out and rather not drink!! Very naughty, dunno why!

Your Baby can Read DVD - like irene's bub, my girl enjoys the song too! in fact, she has learnt to associate the word "clap" with the action because of the song "if you're happy and you know it".

I'm very pleased with the DVD really. I bought the set as a gift for my sister's kid previously who picked up the phrase "arms up" quite quickly hehe

hi,

i have the following to exchange for enfapro stage 2

1)Nan Pro 2 (expire 30/4/2012) 400g

2)Simlac 2 (expire 09/05/2012) 400g

3)Dumex Mamil Gold 2(expire 26/10/2012) 400g

4)S26 Promil Gold 2 (expire 19/1/2012)400g

5) Friso Gold 2 (15/10/2012)900g

if interested,please pm me

Hi, i have the following to exchange for similac 2

1. S26 Promil Gold 2 400g exp 19 Jan 2012

2. Nan Pro 2 400g exp 30 apr 2012

3. Mamil Gold 2 400g exp 17 Aug 2012 & 3 Jun 2012

collection west area. thanks

watching tv- my mum watch twn variety shows in the pm and my nephew watch disney channel but my boy all dun like. he will only focus when he hear the 'ai" drama songs

same same.. galen too.. whenever there's the drama song start.. he will listen til it stop.. then continue to play his own stuff..

the only tv programme he watch, is the leapfrog dvd only.. lol~ the cartoon network all these, he is no interest...

Ann, vivi, chez - haha! my girl, too. when that song is played, she'll stop whatever she's doing and looks at the screen. when it ended, she'll continue with her activitiy

Hi mummies.. Just realized that I just can't adapt well to work since I gave birth. Even though it's been 8 mths already. I've even changed my job & my work is much less stressful than b4.. In fact my job has flexi timing. But I just feel upset when I come work. I dunno wad I'm thinking man. And my memory has been so bad I seem to forget things or find it hard to absorb new things when previously Im not like that!! Any one feels this way?

SK- u are not alone. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I feel sad at work everyday... everything seems not right and work is so stressful for me.. think we have to balance out with work and family?

cheese.. actually i also dunno lei but just feel that my career is not picking up. i feel very lost! i thought changing job, new environment will make me be more enthu about work but nope.. my friends are already doing well & im still stuck at where i am.. not going anywhere. and everything about my life is always my girl come first..so company got gathering after work, i cant go and im like the anti-social one here. so not being close to colleagues also tend to affect my job in a way.

Sk, im like u lei. cos i need to rush down to fetch ah boy at ifc and even if they are out for what function, im always the one that cant make it...

i can make it unless my hubby do not have meetings on the day itself... im drifting apart frm them and im the one that always go off on the dot...

well, just try your best to stay focus.. im trying hard too :x

OMG! I thought it's just my boy... It's his all time favourite! Everytime he hears the AI song he will be v focused on the tv, as if he understand what's showing. We tried tt so many times n everytime his reaction is the same. I though cos when I was preggy I watch that show almost everyday so he is very farmilar with tt song. Ha ha.

SK u r not the only one, I feel the same way too, kept wanting to b a sahm, so subconsciously keep finding fault with my job, only till recently then 'wake up'. Found tt it's impossible if I wanna give my boy the best, so nw slowly accepting the fact n learning to balance. Mon to fri is for work, sat will work only if I hv to, sun is strictly family time.

morning mommies,

anyone of you get push n walk walker to ur bb?

does it useful? thinking to get 1 for my bb but wonder is it dangerous if she push it n walk alone

Back