(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

mummies, how do u brush bb's teeth? i bought the pigeon 3 step brushes, but i think the step 1 is not meant to actually brush teeth? more to let bb get used to using a toothbrush. i'm still using oral wipes. do u all use infant toothpaste?

charliebrown, can i ask for mince chicken, the bits can be just be swallowed easily by baby ? i haven't tried chicken bits yet

peanut, i just use a handkerchief to wipe her teeth now..last time i bought a finger toothbrush but caused her bleeding..

anyway, im going to get a finger toothbrush for her this week..i will buy the oragel brand, much softer than the previous one i bought..

as for toothpaste, my dentist told us baby better dun use toothpaste until 2 years old cos it contains dun know what chemical which might affect their teeth in future..

vivi

my meet ups are all in central - cityhall, raffles place, dhoby ghaut. north meeting is at bishan and tpy. else post [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mommies,

anyone of you rent toys for your bb?

Any recommendation where to rent toys in good condition?

my hubby not allowed bb to use preloved toys, but it ll be very "siong" to buy new toys leih..

last week we bought FP walk to wagon walker to her, she doesnt like, play a few times then lost interest ady..such a waste to get her new toys [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Carol:

I rent from http://toyrentalworld.com/

I have been renting from them for few months!

I like the person in charge the way he explain to my mum how to use the jumperoo I rented, the way they sterilise and wash the toys.

So far I rented Jumperoo - Planet & Rainforest, Brightstars - exersaucer, fisherprice - penguin, i forget what else I rented ... hahaha !

Accept the last delivery was later then usual as he got a new driver to run around and the driver was stuck with fixing 1 delivery...

Can use fund transfer to rent the toys, no need to buy the credits if you dont want too...

I never buy the credits... I prefer to rent and pay anytime I want.

Lol Claudia Owyong !

haa.. i 4get what size i click or is there any option? My bb dun noe when can wear... so long and big.. haha

Carol: I rented toys (big ones like jumperoo & exersaucers) from the website beannie mentioned and also this site: http://rent-that-toy.com/ Both provide very prompt service. During Chirstmas & CNY, toyrentalworld even extended my rental for a few days FOC coz their delivery guys not working. I never buy credit also, just rent & pay. So far toys come in good condition but I will still clean them before letting bb play.

Beannie: I dont think hwa xia swimming package is transferable officially. However, everytime i go, i pass the member card to the staff to record, they also never check bb's name or anything. Just tell me how many sessions left. So if i were to pass my card to another bb to use, don't think they will know bah?

Vernie: About the rental toys from Rental World.

I also encounter FOC days ! hahaha !

About the Swimming Package, Any mommies here want to let go a few sessions ?

Feels so bad about not bringing my gal to swim for long time ... due to stupid weather ! Awhile cold awhile hot... then rain ! Dare not bring bb go swimming pool to swim...

Sorry about the picture to show 1 mommy here about the Longchamp bag...

The largest bag i having can put in:-

- 800ml thermal flask

- 1L drinking bottle

- 4 tier milk powder dispenser

- 3 diapers + 1 pack wet tissue

- 3 tier cereal dispenser

- 1 milk bottle

- 1 avent drinking cup

- 2-5 bips/handkerchiefs

- Sophie

- HB Puffs Bottle

These are the standards items i put in the bag with the help of the organiser.

=) Still able to zip up ! (HB prefers to zip bag up all the time)

Carol, rental or preloved toys are the same to me - they are not new. so if hubby is particular about how the toys have been used, cleaned them first before giving them to baby even though the rental company says they have sterilised and cleaned them. but one thing which i find is a really good buy is the jumperoo - my baby doesn't seem tired of it and she's been jumping happily in it for more than 3 months oredi, every day. wanted to rent it but they are always rented out, so i decided to buy

Beannie, you always bring a 800ml flask? if it's filled to the brim, just this alone is more than 1kg oredi. you don't find it heavy? i have a 500ml flask and when full, i find it heavy. coz i realised that if not full, heat retention is not as good. ya lah, my standard items in the diaper bag also similar to your list. trying to cut out some stuff

ica, for the jumperoo, which model did you buy? u get it online?i think at least cost $199 right?

I also wanna to get 1, but hubby said better to get walker wor..but as my understanding, walker is no good for bb's leg right?

hi,

i have a tin of nan 2 pro to exchange to enfapro,if interested,please pm me,expiring 30/04/2012

Carol, i got the rainforest jumperoo from here - price as stated

http://lamkins.com.sg/shop?view_type=grid&product_search=jumperoo

taka baby fair, toysrus selling at $299. Cheong Choon also selling about $240-250 when i called to ask, so i bought from this website. not cheap but if you divide by the no. of use, then not so bad. haha. also, this toy has re-sale value if you don't want to keep for #2. but last week mothercare was having a sale, i read that this jumperoo was going for $100 only! but limited quantity

ICA: I started off with 500ml flask. but on few occasions hot water run out...

Reasons: BB cranky, need hot water to warm milk up. BB waste feedings ! Got milk powder but no hot water on the way to another location.

Heavy ! but HB say he carry ... so I dont bother him. So when I need to carry the bag, he will fast fast take back the bag... else i cfm make noise

carol, jumperoo also cannot let baby play too long in it - max 20mins each time. "jumperoo" legs syndrome, which can also affects walking.

carol: u mean rent ? Still ok to rent for 1 mth use as BB now should be learning crawling and sitting up... so rent is for fun of letting bb try try...

Buy ah ... totally not worth it ready as bb will out grown the jumperoo in 2-3 mths time

Beannie, at least your hubby carries the bag. my hubby will do so only when i make noise, then for the next few outings, he will auto ask for the bag. after that, he forgets so i also dun bother. most of the time, i'm the coolie. hehe

Carol, i dunno wor. i googled and some mommies say their babies used it till 18m and still interested in it

i no $ to buy jumperoo..but heng that my friend's house have one , at times I bring my boy over and jump jump.

He always have an imaginary jumperoo. just that we need to hold his hand and

he will jump and jump.. lol.

Are all bb boys so active?

He simply can't stop moving.. maybe that's the reason why he is slim lehz.

no chub chub one...

Hi carol, I rent from rent a toy too. Just pay cash on delivery. They're prompt and the guy is very nice [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] have rented the rainforest jumper and the around we go activity station. The around we go is really fun! My bb enjoyed it a lot.

Carol: Not sure about other bbs, but my bb outgrows jumperoo/exersaucers already. Not because of his weight (he is on the small side) but because he is very good at crawling now and can crawl quite fast. He does not like to be “trapped” in the jumperoo/exersaucer, so won’t sit in it for long now. After I return the current toy, I will not rent anymore jumperoo type toy. I think jumperoo was more fun for him when he was younger and can’t sit unsupported/crawl. Now he likes to sit up and play or crawl and chase his toys.

Cheese: Haha! My boy also treat me as "manual jumperoo". Always jump jump when i hold him by the armpits!

cheese, haha! my girl, too! when we hold her up in the air by her armpits, she'll be kicking her legs, like jumping. she likes it very much when we do that

WAHAHAHA ~~!! sounds like bbs of this month enjoys jumping n kicking in the air this moment... my gal sometimes forgets and she kicks me so hard that I have to firmly tell her off to calm my bb down... but within seconds she is back to kicking all over again ...

yap!. this is the one free way for them to play jump jump!

Im his ladder, everyday he will climb and climb all over me.

Did i mention here? he kick and move around till my MIL hug him, hold his feet tight and asking him to

stop! haha

But surprisingly that he will give face to my hubby. Will be less active when

he is carrying him.. he just like to bully me.. haha.

Oh btw ladies.

Any photography studio is having promotion for the upcoming event in expo?

Or any promotion going around?

Counting my budget for the PS...

I love sean lau.. but thinking to buy back all the photos etc... think i will eat grass for dun noe how long..

cheese, me too, thinking of doing a photoshoot for baby. one mommy mentioned that sean lau has promos at fairs so me will go check it out this Fri at expo. ya lor, $300 to get all the images back is very xiong. sigh...but when they're all grown up and you take out the photobook, most likely you'll say "it was all worth it"

ica, yap i heard of there is upcoming promotion too

But I doubt I can pay lei.. cos i need $ to do 2 celebration just for BB J

and also I be attending 2 BD bash with all the mummies, All nid $! haha.

hmm,i think i'm not going to buy jumperoo as my gal oso doesnt like to trapped in chair..

now she even reluctant to sit in high chair, so need 2 ppl to feed her, 1 ppl carry her another one feed her..

cheese: ya, agree with ica, my sil comment that they ll edit all the photos u buy, not major editing but ll change the brightness of the photos which ll make the photos look really nice..

but as i see, not much diff between buying a new toy with renting a toy..

difference about 50% of buying price but can use for 1 month only..wonder which one is worth..

carol:

my personal view if yr bb play the toy more than 1 month, then it will be more worth it to buy.

but if you only want bb play for 1 month, then it will be more worth it to rent.

like jumperoo, when u rent, got to pay S$40-50/ mth... u buy brand new around $200+++...

my bb already used jumperoo for almost 3 months. if I rent, already cost me S$120-150 for this 3 months usage.

I let him play each big toy once a week...

some of my friend let the bb play jumperoo/ exchauser/ other big toys until 18M.

If i let my bb play the toy until 18M, then I will only lost abt $70-100/ toy for almost 1year of usage...cheaper than renting

but buying too many big toys also got problem with storage [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Chez,yaya, agree with u..for small toys like Vtech electronics ball, rent abt $15 per month, buy about $40, i think buy is worth than rent..

ica, Sean Lau package in expo bb fair is $198 for 2 hours session, $250 to get back all the soft copies, additional $35 if parents wanna to join

Back