(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

legumes/pea

jts, PD gave this nestle singapore nutrition chart and it in says Legumes (pea family) are suited for 9 months and above as they are known to cause allergic reaction.

claudia: Haha! Thanks for letting me know. Actually i wanted to buy the original Leapfrog dvds, then hubby found the non-authentic one in China. Aiyoh...some of the subtitles are so wrong! Don't want to let bb watch anymore - will just let him watch Baby Can Read for now.

Claudia, hehe, i plan to let my gal try the walker this week..

last week i saw her pushing the chair n walk around, so i think she ll like it [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

carol: Wow, ur gal can push chair n walk around. JTS, my fren bought one of those push n walk walker for her boy when he was learning to walk. But he prefers to push a cheap plastic stool around and can go really fast. My fren said wasted her money. Haha...maybe you let ur gal try first before buying.

chelz: Baby Can Read - my hubby got them from china while i was still preggy. When hubby bought it hor, he also anyhow buy wan - he said so many dvds, he just grab all the possible baby ones! I plan to check out the flashcards at taka bb fair & will most likely buy from there since ica mentioned it is controlled price.

Claudia, i've given sweet pea puree to my girl oredi, when she was 7m+. think it depends on baby

i know that these are definitely no-no until at least 1yo: raw strawberry, honey, nuts, orange

mummies,

anyone bought replica Baby Can Read dvd? how is the quality? sound etc? someone want to sell me replica dvd

"how much r u selling? is it include the flash card?"

It's S 3.50 per disc including postage. Soft copy of flashcard in word (.doc) format are provided for your print-out.

Have all the 5 discs volume - Starter, Volume 1,Volume 2, Volume 3, Review and The Early Learning Workshop

Here's the details info:

Catalog: http://k-vids.blogspot.com/

Pricing:

S 3.50 : Titles label with Orange

S 4.50 : Titles label with Green

* Price are per disc and include packaging, handling & postage.

* More then 88% of titles in catalog are in S 3.50 price bracket

----------------------------

Example

BBNr01 : S 3.50

BBbS3 : S 4.50

----------------------------

Your interested titles YBCR is S 3.50 per disc/title include packaging, handling & postage.

Hi

Just for reference.OG hving private sale on 16 march 2011.Philips avent steam/blender + mealtime set + 4's x 240ml via cups & lids cost $179 But if hv OG cardmembers additional 10% off.

Hi,

Me too. I am interested in buying. You all wanted to buy those pirated ones? If original, maybe we can consolidate and see whether the main distributor willing to give better rates or not?

Think it is possible?

sigh - baby K is drinking less and less milk. So worried cuz i know at her age, milk is still her primary source of nutrients. but at the rate she is drinking now, her weight will drop... now already not gaining much...

feed her milk also tedious. drink 30-40ml and will split out the neats already.... USuallyher first meal of the day can feed up to 200ml. Now its a struggle to even let her finish 100ml. Thinking her next feed would be better also struggle to finish 100ml - so frustrating!

Hi mommies just to share, my son is also having a milk strike. it is super worrisome!! He is not even teething so I don't know whats wrong.

First and foremost, the bottles i use for him is still the small medela ones. Which means max capacity is only 150ml. However, I only make 120ml of water + 2 scoops of FM for him each time. He has never ever finished this amount in 1 sitting.. its always 20-30ml, stop... 50 ml.. stope.. etc etc.

But now it seems to get worse! He had his solids at 12noon, till now 5pm he did not even finish 100ml of milk. He will turn his head, close his lips, anything he can do to not drink.

The only time he "guai guai" drink is when we DF him in the middle of the night... my husband manages to feed him about 180ml in the middle of the night. This is also in 2 sittings, never in 1.. he still manages to turn his head to reject milk while sleeping!

He is OK with solids and eats well so i'm not sure whats the problem =(

have thought of changing FM.. he is on similac now. Never had such a problem when he was on BM [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

SIGH! So frustrating and worrisome!!!

no sigh of the white pearlie yet... she still drools as per normal...

JAc - same lo... mine also drink 30 stop 15mins then drink another 2 mouthful before she stops again... she's still on BM lo...make me think if its because of my BM (tasteless) that's why dun want to drink. Solid-wise - she still eating vege and fruit puree sometimes yolk sometime cereal but nvr 1 bowl worth lor...

Eliss/Jaclyn

Personally, I don't think u need to worry. Are Ur bbs pooping well? If u r v worried, call n chk w Ur pd?

I hv e opp prob, which is wearing me out. Sydney will take his milk n solids n still ask for milk twice a nite! Its been going for weeks!

JP: Yah my boy still seems like hes OK just that hes definitely not on the plump side! Oh well, i am gonna start to track his intake of milk again and then "submit" it to the PD nx month and see wat PD says~!

Btw G poos very well. Daily and mashy consistency.. he poos what he eats, if its spinach its dark green, if its pumpkin its orange etc. hehs! Smelly!

Eliss: Mine takes about 2 tablespoons of cereal, plus 1 babycube of puree, plus about 20-40ml of milk just to make it the right consistency for him. He usually can finish unless its something he hates.

Mommies thanks for the advise, I manged to open alr [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hey mummies who went for the Gymboree trIal, how was it? I went to the tanglin one cos the timing suits me better. There were only 3 babies including mine! But compared to little gym, K enjoys it a lot! She did cry a little but will clap and squeal during the singing part. I haven't took their pkg but I joined the member since only top up $10+. I rem one mummy said if some mummies sign as a group, can have extra classes? Is it? I wld love to sign her up if it is better than the kindermusik trial.

Hi mummies! I am new to this thread [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

My bb boy Ev was supposed to EDD July 2010 but was delivered 2.5 mths premature, so decided to join this thread based on his EDD [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Just to share, bb Ev went on total hunger strike recently. Totally refused any milk, water, cereals completely for 24 hrs! He usually luvs food especially cereals but once he sees the spoon, will close his mouth tightly, turns head away and cries w tears (but will not open mouth!). He started with fever caused by virus and is also teething - so it's a combination of several factors. We brought him to KKH where he has to be put on drip so that he does not become dehydrated. After a while, he started drinking again in small quantities... so just be careful not to let your little ones get dehydrated.

Very keen on the Your Baby Can Read dvds after reading the comments!

Jellypurin - I am keen on HT spree, do let me know if you organise one!

Any mommies here still breastfeeding? I'm having very mixed feelings, on one hand I'm quiet tired of expressing my breastmilk already, so was planning to stop expressing slowly, but on the other hand I can't bear to stop cos it wasn't easy to establish the supply n last till now... Any of u have the same feeling? I'm also worried about the transition to FM, dunno what to expect if I change to FM.

Sweetkiss: The grp discount is only applicable at Habourfront. But so far, our batch which went on sat will not be signing up. Not sure abt this coming sat one. If they interested in signing up, i will let u noe. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Vernie: Today is u at Nex Hwa Xia right? Din dare to acknowledge cos i scared i recognise wrong ppl. BUt heard u calling baby Ian. Then check wif a few mummies on ur baby name n they say is correct. But i already left already. Hahaha..

Jo_Lyn: Yes, I was at Nex Hwa Xia yesterday afternoon to try the big pool for the first time. Actually i found your bb very familiar, but I remembered you had short hair during christmas gathering, so also dare not acknowlegde...scared match bb to the wrong mummy! I went home to compare the photos i took at Hwa Xia vs the christmas gathering, comfirm your bb is the same bb i met at christmas. Haha... =)

Pris: Looking for these? https://picasaweb.google.com/113949775307972373688/BIGBIBSWATERPROOF# The seller's BP thread is here: http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/4585686.html?1300020187 I bought some from her.

Irene, sun_tan: Nice meeting you and your bbs at the jumper gym! Forget to ask the trainer what is the normal class size. My bb was quite ok thruout the flashcards and singing session. I find that the lesson is v packed and fast-paced, but maybe it is supposed to be like that?

Any mummies know where to get maracas? I think my bb loves the maracas v much! lol.

Hi Mummies

I dont know why my bb had been coughing very badly in the midnight for almost 3 wks.

Last thurs I decide to take leave and look after bb myself instead of my PIL. I brought bb back to my parent hse and monitor him at night surprisingly he doesnt cough so badly like in my PIL hse.

I thought he had recover and brought bb back to my PIL hse yesterday but he started to cough again at 2am..

I am sure that my room is clean and all bedsheet had been changed to a new set.

sound weird right .. i cant understand why..

Good morning mummies!!

I am back. Bought lots of things for baby Kayden and of cos lots of snacks for myself too. Weather was so hot there and my mini fan came in handy. It was quite fun but hubby working during the trip got me very pissed off at one point.

Baby can read: I think I will visit Taka this Sunday and buy it.

yvonne - have you look into the air-con/pets or even detergent your pil use to wash the bedsheetS?

Thanks Vernie, yupz I usually order from her too but the 3 designs I like all sold out so thought of checking if got any other BPs. = )

Yvonne: Is your bb sleeping in air con room? Cos Pd once said that the air in air con room is very dry.

Ann: what did you buy for bb? lol.

Baby can read:

I only have have the starter DVD. But have not shown to bb often enough. Would like to get the flashcards to try.

re: baby can read

mommies, if u can afford it, buy the original. i have some "chiong" dvds and i find that the images are v poor hence i feel it might affect the bbs eye-sight - they need to focus harder in order to see clearly.

Aircon

my bb is not sleeping in aircon room.

We only on fan and its not in rotating mode and fix it to blow at the direction we adult are sleep at.

Pet

but we dont keep pet at home.

detergent..

Hmm.. might be the reason.. can try.

bb started coughing not long after an injection and his grandfather and cousin were also coughing during that period.

Guayni: My guess is the air. Sometime when we adult cough.. we dun cough in the day but sometime, we just cough badly at night. It is due to the air and temp at night. It could be your in law place is cooler at night and your parents' place is not. But it is just my guess lo.

Yvonne: bb could be colder at your inlaws place. My bb was also coughing at night a month ago. Pd said it was allergic cough. At that time bb was sleeping in air con with long pjs. Now we just switch on fan and let her wear short romper and she's better. But pd still prescribed medicine for her cough. Try dressing bb more warmly and monitor a few days...

Back