(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

Aisha: my bb had the pimple thingy on his cheek. PD gave us a cream to apply once a day and it’s gone in <1 week.

Claudia: my bb is 4.5 week old and feed 150-160ml every 3-4 hrly with a total of about 6 feeds a day. Mine is not total EBM as my BM not enough so we do top-up with FM in order to satisfy his demand. Usually we feed him with EBM first (~90-100ml) and then make another 2oz of FM to see how much in all he can drink. About 1 week ago, after the EBM he only take about 1oz more of FM. Now he will happily finish all the 2oz. Think very soon we will need to increase his feed volume again. I pump/latch 9 times a day at ard 3.30am, 7.30am, 10am, 12noon (latch), 2.30pm, 4.30pm, 6.30pm (latch), 9pm,11.30pm

Tigger: welcome to the group!

Lasery: think maybe ur boy is having growth spurt? For my friend who delivered in end Jun, her boy also had growth spurt during the 6th week.

Hershey: my boy used to have quite a good routine but recently getting cranky. Yesterday we feed him at 5pm then he dun wanna sleep until I tried to latch him on at 7+pm and he fell asleep on my breast b4 I managed to latch him on. And guess what, he only woke up at 12+ midnight! BTW, since ur BM keeps flowing, maybe u can try pumping and storing ur BM on times whereby ur boy sleeps very long.

irene,

heehee~~ i forget to buy pump.. :D

tat's y i let it flow lorz.. heehee~~

going to buy 1 manual de le.. coz i will still latch my boy on demand..

Re: July 2010 MTB - Sean Lau PS

10 babies sign up @ $218 ($30 off our Classic Baby Package)

20 babies sign up @ $198 ($50 off our Classic Baby Package)

Classic Baby Package www.seanlau.com

02 Hours Session for your baby with Sean Lau

05 Pictures of 5" x 7" (High Resolution)

01 Reprint on 8" x 12" with Framing (Table Top)

DVD of selected images in High Resolution

*Additional Pax can join in the session for $25/ Pax instead of $35.

If both parents join in for a family portrait, we will throw in an

additional picture worth $30.

Valid for 1 year from date of purchase. Photoshoot best done when baby is between 7-8 months old

*There will be new pricing for 2011. Current pricing given now is for 2010

If you are keen, kindly leave your nick here. thanks!

1. Jellypurin - [email protected]

2. Rachel Zhang (koichi_r) - [email protected]

3. nana (nana17) - [email protected]

4.Eliss ([email protected])

5. Jaclyn ([email protected])

6. babycoco ([email protected])

7. Serene ([email protected])

8. Jessica - [email protected]

9. tinkerbell_lim ([email protected])

10. Ireme ([email protected])

11. Piggy_77 ([email protected])

12. fion_loh - [email protected]

13. Sean tan([email protected])

14. Noknok ([email protected])

15. Carol([email protected])

16. Kitty - ([email protected])

Hershey - High 5!! How much is your boy drinking now? I gave him at 110ml now every 3hourly.. sometime 2hours+

He is a sleepy boy.. His daily routine is drink milk, sleep, bath, sleep, drink milk and it goes on. He really sleep alot leh! Basically he sleep after each feed, he seldom have playtime. Issit okie??

I shall continue to try and stop swaddling him.

heehee~~

me is on total bm.. so i really have no idea how much he is drinking.. but then, he latch at least 15min 1 side.. but mostly his feeding hrs is 3 to 4hrs.. lol~~ on some day only, he will take 2 hrs intervals.. lol~~

mine also a slpy head.. have to depend on his mood.. if he wan to play, he will wake up in the afternn to play.. but in the nite, he seldom wake up.. unless is hot.. :D

so many mummies sign up for the photograph section ar.. i wanna too..

but my boy have already got his xue zhen ji taken on his manyue le.. lol~~

I really salute to mummies who does TBF. Not easy as it is very tiring. Well done~

I seldom latch my boy nowadays and he seems to forget how to latch properly. He will suckle awhile and pull away from my nipple.. I think he really FORGOTTEN!

minmin,

ya.. tbm is really a tiring thing..

but i think all mummies will try their best to give their bb the best they can..

maybe u can train & practice more on latching him..

minmim >> My little one is 6 weeks and I still swaddle him. Find that he sleeps better.

Wah last night dunno what happen, for the 1st time ever, he slept till 6am after his last feed at 10.30pm! Hope it'll be the start to no more night feeds = )

Me went walking dog with baby using the baby poach to carry him. No choice, husband was away on a working trip. Tried the stroller initially but I find it easier to bring him arnd in the poach.

phy>> Aye ur slimming pants work? I still hvnt got the chance to go down to the shop to check it out yet.

Oh ya, I see pimples on my boy boy's botak head...sniff..I miss his hair, hopefully it'll grow out real soon. Anyhows, how to deal with the pimples ya?

Mommies...

i have a Motherhood Magazine & Mother and Baby Magazine August 2010 Edition to sell.. $3 each.. Anyone interested?

Dun wanna waste it la.. can circulate arnd... save the environment... PM me and let me know ok?

Dunno why but my boy seems quite cranky tdy as compared to other days...then like every hr drink milk...think he's like me. Small meals but frequent meals. He's 3 weeks old & still drinks abt 60-70ml each feed.

Wonder if it's normal range or too little.

Re: pumping of milk

I'm just wondering when the time comes for me to end my "moo moo" career, how do I slowly cut off the pumping time period & yet won't get boobie pain & leaking milk, cuz now I pump every 3-4hrs but was thinking when I start work, I dun want to pump so often liao.

mrslong: My boy is 2wk+ and he's drinking 100ml. Just started him on 100ml today as he seems to wake up often for his feeds so I had increased as I'm trying to keep him to 3 hr routine.

Saw PD 2 wks ago and was told to test baby by giving 90ml and see whether he's full, if full, he would reject. Note that 3 weeks is the growth spurt period so he would probably need more milk, i think.

But there's a formula for measuring baby feed by Mrs Wong, as someone mentioned.

Valid for 1 year from date of purchase. Photoshoot best done when baby is between 7-8 months old

17.Missymic-([email protected])

18. Shann Yheng -([email protected])

Latching: I envy you mummies who can latch your bb, to start with i did not learn to latch bb very well, then cos his weight was dropping and pd suggest i express out my bm, so i started bottle feeding, now my bb very inpatient when i try to latch him, i was only successful once so far. I getting quite upset cos everytime my bb reject my breast i feel as if he is rejecting me. Any mummies have such experience? Possible to get bb back to latching? Should i go consult a LC?

Mrs long: Same as Ling, my bb 2 weeks + le, he's drinking 100ml now. Sometimes he wakes up after 2 hours sometimes he can sleep for 4 hours and still dun wanna wake up. Maybe you might wanna increase the amount you feed?

Oh just fyi, both pds that i went told me that the average amount to feed bb is 150ml for every 1kg, so eg. if bb is 3 kg, means 1 day he should drink at least 450ml of milk.

irene: i think mainly due to his flam n block nose bah...duno shld i bring him back to kk leh..i scared they very chor loh when do the sucking of flam n mucus..

my neighbour kid went there n ended up cough blood after the sucking of flam n mucus..kinda scary..

kepsis,

i had this problem when i just gave birth....she oni latch for 5mins or less each time n when she's back to nursery room she cries for milk again....LC says it's ok juz keep trying till she very hungry liao she'll learn to latch.....most imptly is let her find ur nipple to latch instead of us offering to them....must learn to find source of milk....n now she's fast in latching when ever i latch her

maybe you can try

Baby Acne / Heat or Milk Rash

May I know what cream the PD prescribe for your bbs? My boy develop this lately and I am wondering whether I can use Desowen for it.

Is It true that bb drinking full formular milk will have plegm Ma??

Than how to know bb is colic???

Mine always like to gek and always release air from his ass.. Mean too much wind in the stomach Ma?? Mean colic Ma??

He now 1mth 23days..

Recently he like sleep less n less.. Keep waking up every 1 to 2 hrs.. Cried often.. Dunno wat he wan.. Days time n night time also like tat..

Is making me super tired n do not know wat he want.. Sometime really damn frustrated!!!!

Wat shall I do??

jasline: bb tend to sleep lesser n lesser as they grow older.

erm..i notice feeding my bb with fm causes plegm coz it's sweet..but then no choice lah..

bb can release air by farting is gd sign n must burp properly after each meal. colic bb will cry very offen n the tummy will be big coz air stuck inside.

u might wanna increase the milk intake coz seems like 1-2hrs feed for almost 2 mths bb is kinda short.

Hi mummies! Do you all know how to mix bm with fm to feed baby?

Thanks for helping! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

immas,

For me, i will feed then in separate bottles if i gg to give bm n fm in a single feed. If not maybe u can one feed feed bm n next feed feed fm?

kepsis

JTS: i am re-lactating my bb boy now. had been v unsuccessful with latching and had also started to give bottle to my boy in v early stages. the good thing is my boy had been v gd at suckling and he din forget how to do it on my breast. he is v impatient but we bith tried and tried. right now, i am lacthing him about 4-5 times a day and with my supply issue he still is on FM but it's been better now as i we both learn how to breastfeed together...

immas

u can use bm as water and mix fm into the bm... alternatively, just give them seperately like what sun_tan suggested

jasline

bb on fm does not mean they hv more phlegm... could be the brand of fm u used... like my boy, switced from similac to mamil... better already...

agree with lasery u need to increase his milk in-take so that he can slp longer. i now feed my bb 120ml instead of 90ml and he can slp for an hr more!

ladìes,i had a hard time burping my boy,hw ah?at times v.long he oso nv burp.i read sumwhere if cant burp let him sit up abt 15min to 30min 1st.

Posted on Wednesday, August 18, 2010 - 8:47 pm:       

18. Shann Yheng -([email protected])

19. Phyllis -([email protected])

hi..

i have been hit by mastitis a 2nd time...high fever on 28 jul, 13 aug n 16 aug on the same breast.. nw my supply dipped by alot and it still dun seem well.. the breasr like got a big big lump tat dun go away w hot compress, massage or medication..

any1 got gd suggestion?? it is no longer painful n i m getting worried tt it mite be those cancerous lumps...how orh??

Burping

Find it hard to burp my baby too. Sometimes I can burp her for 10 mins but still no burp leh.

Alot of gas in her stomach... she will drink halfway and cry a bit and continue to drink.

Last nite she breaks her own record. Last feed at 10pm and then woke up for milk at 5am. Maybe she knows I'm sick so good to me. Haha.

Star_xin-- Take care. I got lumpy engorgement last week too. So afraid that I will get mastitis. I also use hot compress, massage but no use. In the end, I got Mdm Ida to massage the lumps for me. Mdm Ida is very good....she got rid of all the lumps from my breast. But you got to endure the pain (it's really painful). My supply also got affected by the lumpy engorge, so now I gotta drink more fish soup to boost my supply. You can give it a try and call Mdm Ida to clear it for you.

Saw this on http://www.gov.mb.ca/healthyliving/nutrition/pubs/milkfo.pdf and think it is quite interesting to share.

Suggested Number and Amount of

Bottle Feedings for a Healthy Term Infant

Baby’s Age Number of bottles each day Amount in each bottle

Birth – 2 days 6-8 15-30 ml* (1/2-1 oz)

3 days – 1 Month 6-10 60-120 ml (2-4 oz)

1 Month – 2 Months 6-8 120-150 ml (4-5 oz)

2 Months – 3 Months 5-6 150-210 ml (5-7 oz)

3 Months – 4 Months 5-6 150-210 ml (5-7 oz)

4 Months – 5 Months 5-6 150-180 ml (5-6 oz)

5 Months – 6 Months 5-7 150-180 ml (5-6 oz)

6 Months – 8 Months 4-5 180-210 ml (6-7 oz)

8 Months – 12 Months 3-4 180-240 ml (6-8 oz)

* 1 ounce = approximately 30 ml

This table is ONLY A GUIDE for the amount of formula your baby might drink. Remember that every baby is different.

cheerymum,

Hmm according to ur formula, my boy is 4.5kg, so its 4.5*100-150=300ml only? But now he is drinking 90ml every 2-3 hrly, so he drinks at least 700-800+ ml per day much is much much more than ur formula...

Irene,

Lookg at ur table makes me more relief..at least it closer to wat my boy is drinking.

irene: this is per 2 hrs? i'm not sure my 2 mths old bbgirl drinks so much. i latch her most of the time, have only bottlefed EBM a few times and during those times she takes in abt 60ml. the timing is also uncertain since i latch her on demand. but now, i'm like so confused cos i need to know how much EBM to prepare for her infantcare.

kepsis: she'll be 2 months this sunday. i'm doing operations at a childcare so she'll actually be going to work with me. i actually know the teachers in the infantcare so i have trust in them. they follow a curriculum. rather them than those who go by old wives tales.

cherry.sue: 1 day how many times do u feed ur bb? according to babycenter website "From the age of two months up to six months, you should be feeding your baby 120-180ml / 4-6oz at a feeding, and he'll have anything from 700ml to over a litre / 23 to 35oz a day.". i think you can try to give her EBM more often to find out how much she can take each time and how long each feed can last. For example, feed her EBM for a consecutive of 2-3 feeds. You can give her 2oz first, then try to give another 1 oz more and see how much she can take. when u pack ur EBM for the infantcare, pack in small quantities e.g. 2oz, so that the caregiver can top up her feed where necessary without wasting ur EBM.

irene: thanks a lot! i think packing in small quantities is a good solution. usually when i express i will get abt 100ml-120ml. i feel a bit wasted since as far as i've noticed, she usually takes in 60ml from bottle.

Any mummies on EBM brought your babies out "gai gai" already?

Was wondering when i express out my BM outside, how do I sterilise the pump, etc. Any advise?

Back