(2010/07) July 2010 MTB

I am so confuse now. my boy tends to nap 1hr n wake up wanna latch on me. Now i dont know if he is hungry or he just want to latch. If i dont give in to let him latch, he will keep crying. Any idea what to do? Haiz..

JoLyn>> tks..to sterilise the pump using tablets, i need to hv a bowl with hot water too right? Sorry but not sure how this works :p

Star xin,

my case is similiar to yours..I have a lump on my left breast since started BF 2 months ago..it doesnt go off after massage,bf & etc..

I have make an appt with the Breast Clinic end of this month to see the Breast Surgeon..

If the lump doesnt go off after a week, den its best to seek professional help.

Mrs long,

u can pump and throw... Or buy extra set of pump

parts. If need hot water, must either ask or bring or go to shopping malls which have nursery tt has hot water dispensar. So far seen it at taka, suntec and paragon

Pris,

ha I have not been religiously wearing the pants. But did wear for a few times. I like the effect after wearing, really like binding but not so tight. Hmm my clothes r looser now but it could be due to all factors like bfing and of coz the pants. It's not ugly. If I need to go out to somewhere near, I just wear a big T with it. Looks alright.

Mrslong: I've not tried it myself, but I think Medela got this wipe for sterilizing breast pump one, its reusaeable. Sounds more convenient.

Full Month party: Anyone got good buffet to recommend? Im thinking of doing a tea time buffet next sunday for my bb.

Cherrysue: Wow ya, i think its really nice to be able to bring your son to work too. I am so tempted to convert my office to a nusery so that i can bring my son to work too, but its not possible la. haha.

Vernie,

normally pd gives cream tt contains some steroid. It clears the rashes/acne/ezcema very fast.

My #1 was given elomet(verystrong) to clear his eczema fast then desowan(milder) for subsequent outbreak.

Think PDs give fucidin H or dakotart.

Hmm talking abr returning to work, ganyine consider extending leave or going to be sahm?

I'm thinking of doing part time or taking unpaid leave till boy is 1 yr old... Dilemma

mrslong: what u can do is get a container which can keep all the parts. Just put water and the tablet, close the container n wait for 30min. U dont need to rinse the parts again. Can be use straight away.

sillyhp: i doubt is growth spurt cos it has been quite awhile. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

kepsis: The wipes is from Medela? Sounds great that it can be reused. Think i go find too.

Jolyn,

could be just a phase. Anything to distract ur boy? Like a walk downstairs? Make him break tt habit.

How's sleep training? Yesterday I let my boy cry it out for his naps too. Today he could settle for naps pretty easy and at least 1 hour. Hope I don't have to use tt method again

Mummies,

I have some old big books to give away... Anyone keen? What I do with big books is to put in car so when boy needs distraction, will read the big book. Feel that is better in a moving vehicle as compared to small prints..Also read the books with my big boy but now he wants smaller books.

It will be a waste to throw them away.. They r good resource for kids. I need to tidy up my kids' play area thus getting rid of some if the big books

star xin: u can go see a breast surgeon to check on the lumps... i was introduced a breast surgeon for my mastitis by a nice mummy in this forum. He's a very nice doc! I am recovering now but supply dropped by 70% cos of my condition... I can give u the contact if u want.

Hi Ladies,

I read somewhere from this forum that is a pill which can increase milk supply. Can I have the name of the pill and where to buy? Thank you!

Is it possible for our bb to hv phlegm at such a young age? My bb is breathing heavily with v noisy sound that seem like a phlegm. Is it normal?

Forgot to mention both my #1 and myself are sick, having running nose. Could it be the cold virus has passed to baby? She keeps sneezing but I duno is it she sick or is just normal sneezing for bb. Haiz

Mrslong, I would pump before going out so next pump will be 3 to 4 hrs later and after that pump I can last for another 3 to 4 hours before going home to do the next pump. I plan my outing in such a way I only need to pump once outside. I sterilize the parts at home and put into ziploc bag. After using I just rinse with tap water and put it back into the ziploc bag. I bring a small cooler bag with the ice pack (given with medela PIS) for storage. Since BM can be left in room temp for 4 to 6 hrs, the cooler temp in the cooler bag makes the BM still safe for consumption. I would hate to pump and dump cos every drop is so precious!

ION nursing room is fantastic! Go check it out! Which other malls have nice and clean nursing rooms?

Was up from 2-6am, worst part? my bb was sound asleep, i was the only one wide awake, sigh...

cheerymum, it may not be phlegm. my bb also makes funny sound that sounds like phlegm. but when we took her to pd, pd said it's not phlegm, nose blocked.

Kat,

Normally where u pump when outside>

Btw, which mommy is looking for the Fitti diapers previously? We saw it yesterday at Jurong Point NTUC Finest, but they only sell M size n above. Then today we went to Jurong West Ave 1, Blk 503, there is this huge supermarket at the corner n sells alot of fruits outside, they do have S size. So if wan, can go there to buy.

pillow,

No lah.. just wanna spend more time with kids and less time at work.

My #1's teacher told me today that she sees big improvement in him i.e. can sit down for group activity for long periods now. In the past he would wonder abt. Told me it must be becoz I'm home these days to coach him.

BTW, how old is your #1?

Star, Sito

I also have a lump in my right breast. No matter how I massage and press, it won't go away. Today went for my post natal checkup, so asked gynae. She said it's our 3rd/4th breast. Slowly it will be gone and leave a mark or a nipple. She quoted the example of a bitch ie. 9 nipples. So many changes our bodies go thru for pregnancy

joint pains

checked with gynae- normal. Will go away after 3 mths. And I thot I had carpal tunnel syndrome! Phew!

post pregnancy weight loss

I've 5kg more to go back to pre-pregnancy state. I'm cutting out sugar but it's difficult coz I was deprived of sweets during pregnancy due to GD. Temptation was too great! After delivery, I really indulged- cakes, magnums. Hehe. So now got to be disciplined. I thot the scales said 56.9kg but it turned out to be 59.6kg. Haha! Oh well, just got to work harder. Oh ya, gynae says can exercise liao. And asked me to do kegels

giving baby water

Asked PD yesterday - ok to give now. 5-10ml, up to 3 times a day.

My baby's having a growth spurt. Normally will drink 650-700ml a day but yesterday's intake was 820ml! PD said ok. At her assessment yesterday, she weighed 5kg

Ica, ur baby how many weeks old now?

I hv been giving 1 teaspoon of gripe water mixed with 5ml warm water daily after bath.

I still have 6kg to go... Arrghh!!!

Babycoco, why u cannot sleep? I'm so deprived of sleep each and every day... Really hope baby can sleep throu the night soon!

juz went to the PD yesterday cuz bb had bad case of nappy rash... dunno why also since always change him and wash him after poo and pee...

anyways PD commented that bb is overweight. birth weight 3.2kg now 6wks 4.9kg.

Irene / BB Milk intake - re the table... yeah.. i saw the table and thot i should up the volume for him hopefully can stretch out the timing of his feeds.. so was feeding him 130-140ml. He still taking 3hrly. And PD commented that that is way too much. He gave the daily intake formula 150ml X weight.. Sigh... anyways now cutting down on his milk...back to 120ml first...

Sito and Sweetkiss - I have very lumpy breast actually... can you also provide the breast surgeon no? MIght consider going... What did the surgeon do for you all btw?

bbbliss - Does mdm Ida does only breast massage or general massage? I am looking for someone to do my breast massage to remove all the lumps! Do you have her contact? How much does she cost? Does she come to your place?

Sillyhp - me am taking 6 mths no pay... although now i'm wondering whether its a good idea... hehe.. taking care of bb is no mean feat and work is much easier!

jellypurin... envious of you on the re-latching.. i tried after my mastitis even got a lactation consultant who is supposedly good.. but nipple was too painful and bb was crying for food and couldn't really sleep after feed that i gave up! Too easily maybe.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

cheerymum - yah could be blocked nose... can try putting your baby over a basin of warm water and let the steam steam ur bb's nose to try to get the snort out... that's what i did and it worked for him

PDs to recommend - Anyone any good PD's to recommend? Preferably aroudn the east area but willing to try if not too far off too.. Currently seeing YY Yip and William Yip @ GLeneagles but not too impressed and they always seem to be @ a rush... not very personable..

CheeryMum,

She's 6 wks old today.

Yesterday I just 'shun bian' ask PD whether can give water or not. Just to confirm la. Coz I started giving her water 2 wks back but just a little, like 5ml, at most 2x a day. A bit more if weather's too hot

I've never given her gripe water. Or any other stuff to help her get rid of wind. Only thru burping and those leg/tummy exetcises

claudia,

it's definitely easier to work [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I took NPL for #1 too.. looked after him for 6 months... cannot make it wor...halfway through sought help from my mum and mother in law... haha

Now with 2 kids, I really think I need to devote more time to them. Don't wish to miss too many milestones.. missed alot for my #1.. and it always pains me that the #1 person he goes to is his granny..then his Dad. I'm third on the list (coz I'm the disciplinarian).

Ica,

Wow, how many kilos have u lost? I still have 3 more to lose to get back to pre #2... and then another 6 kilos to pre #1.. haha, in all total of 9kgs!

Suntan, so far I've only used the nursing room at ION. Not so crowded cos I scared ppl wait outside for me and I would feel very rushed. Need to find other good nursing rooms so that I can venture elsewhere other than orchard!

My gynae also asked me to do kegels. 20 times in morning, afternoon and night. Or do as many as possible. She tested my muscles by putting a few fingers into my vagina and asked me to sqeeuze. I think not tight anymore lor... So sad. Wonder if Hubby will feel the difference. Actually I'm quite scared of having sex cos of the epi wound but gynae said it's perfectly ok already. First few times may have some discomfort so Hubby must go gentle and slow... I also told gynae I have no interest in sex and she said for nursing mums is like that. Anyway cos my Hubby didn't go check up with me and I also didn't tell him gynae said is ok to have sex, I will buah bodur until he asks me!

but hor, I prefer to use nursing wrap instead of going nursing home tofeed bb... so much convenient and not lonely...

Claudia,

My baby also 6wks at 5kg but gynae said ok woh. But she was 3.7kg at birth. Have just upped her feed to 110ml per 3 hrs. Think she has passed her growth spurt. Wah! Yesterday she was like having a feeding frenzy, like some drug addiction gone crazy

Phy,

Sigh, nothing to wow about. I put on about 10kg for my pregnancy. Managed to get rid of 6kg the 1st wk after delivery, then the next kg took so long. Also becos I ate a lot of sweet stuff. My gynae's advice was to drink water 1st before putting anything in the mouth. Ok I will do that. I actually quite like the diabetic diet

Kat,

My gynae also stuck her fingers inside and asked me to squeeze. She said my score was only 4 out of 10. So I've to do 50 kegels a day, hold to 20 each time. She said must train my mind so that every time before I do anything, must squeeze 1st

sillyhp, my #1 is turning 3 in september. i can't imagine staying for long period at home, its very siong. i don't think i can stay sane...

hello mummies,

just wondering who are the mummies here using single pump?

What do your do when the other side of the breast is leaking? Do your collect the milk? i find it rather messy with the milk leaking all over :|

Claudia-- Mdm Ida's contact is 9424 9829. She did only breast massage to clear the lumps for me. $40 per session at my place. She also teach me how to massage/clear the lumps in case it comes back again. Bear in mind it can be very painful depends on the seriousness. Got to "ren"!!!

Hi mummies...

Do anyone know the market price for a nanny juz to take care bb in the day time?? Any mummies looking for nanny or put bb in infant care??

Ya taking care if bb is not so easy!!! I think working is still much more better... Sometime how I wish I can faster go back to work (actually I hate my current job) rather than 24hrs staying at home looking at bb... Wen bb is quiet n guai will really find him Ke Ai... But Wen bb cranky.. Is really a headache n frustrated... Thinking of all this really scare to have 2nd one... 1st one had already make me crazy...

Sometime thinking of it I will cried n ask myself... Is this the kind of life I wan?? The path I want?? Ans: no... I really hate this kind of life now... No freedom.. Stress.. Regret... Even now have to worry aft go back work who can take care... Sometime thinking hope bb faster 18mths than I can put him to childcare...

This few days bb very cranky.. Keep crying at his top of the voice... N is non stop.. Ytd broke record.. Cried for almost 30min non stop... Keep changing ppl to carry him also no use... He juz cried n cried... Thus this morning bring him see PD... Doc said colic n abit blocked nose n throat slight infection... Give him medicine n antibiotic to drink...

Sick bb r really hard to take care!!!!!!!

Bb colic how to stop him from crying?? He nowadays sleep for 30min to 1hr than will wake up liao.. Even sleeping like nv sleep soundly.. Keep moving n gek until face red... Than will wake up.. If not will like frighten n awake.. So have to swaddle him.. Sometime he dun like too.. Really hard to pls him.. He's juz like a king!!! Now even pat him to sleep need an hr to do so.. But nv sleep long.. Sometime really frustrated!!! Wat can I do?? Feel like giving up!!! I'm mentally n physically tired..

Any mummies give bb 惊风闪 to eat?? When muz eat?? How many time?? Bb on western medicine can mix n eat this Ma???

Sorrie for the long post..

bbliss - thanks

ica - hmmm... dunno lah.. anyways i guess 140ml every 3hrly is too much heh. But now i cut back to 120ml, he like 2hrs later keep wanting to eat liao.. have to give him pacifier to bluff him!

Jasline - colic can try massage baby's stomach to get the wind out? In clockwise motion... and then tuck his legs in for the wind to come out.. keep burping him before, after and during feed helps too... or rid wind? Blocked nose can try to steam the nose by putting bb over warm pail of water... to get the mucus out. I totally know what you mean... juz have to REN and remind ourselves that things will be better... will only get better! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

jasline

first of all, can i offer u this advice? u must come to terms that u hv a bb now. things have changed and things will not be the same - not never, though.

hvg a bb is a big commitment which we as parents have to remember, no matter what, they need us more than we need them, hence, giving them what they need now is our priority.

i had not had a decent dinner w my ger frens since i started my family. do i regret not hvg this kinda of carefree life- no, not at all.

i love my kids even though they are monsters! but i think they are great gifts from God and that they are wonderful beings God has given - we are to be good stewards towards them and make sure that they are well taken care of

i know u hv no help at hm as u r hm alone w ur babe but do cherish these moments cos they will nv b replayed for u again unless u hv e 2nd one.

re: colic

few things u can do: when bottle feeding, make sure v little air gets to their system. burp frequently. give small feeds if needed. take infarcol or rid wind. rub ru yi oil. do bb massage

my son can cry from 1-5am and that is on a alternate day basis... so ur situation is bad but not that bad...

hang in there

Back