(2010/04) April 2010 mtb

just came back from doc. bb head is very low, already have lightening now.. fluid is low.. keeping my fingers cross that BB dun come next week... cause doc away.

sg_sc,

haven't leh. its still inside the cartons. hahaha.... the important thing for me now is to buy a camera. if not baby decide to come earlier, i don't have a camera.

hi Apr MTBs,

sorry to interrupt. I am from the Jun 10 MTB thread.

JTS a mummy clara (nick: pineappletart) in another motherhood forum is organising a bazaar at her home in yishun next sunday. details as follows. there will be both brand new and pre-loved maternity, post-partum and baby items on sale by other moms. she's not accepting any more sellers cos all spaces are fully taken up. but buyers are more than welcome. spread the word around! =)

18th April 2010 (Sunday)

2pm-6pm

Blk 281 Yishun St 22 #01-370

hi jess mummy

happen to see yr question above. i am fr Jun MTB. DH's colleague's wife gave birth less than a month ago and has been drinking this nursing tea (not fenugreek) which she said helped her a lot. she was unsuccessful with bfg for her 1st baby, but now doing v well. so it seems that it's ok wor. if u wanna find out more, can PM me lah.

Hi mummies ... How do we sterilize glass bottles for storing ebm?

I just bought the tecno TFF15 from clementi electronic shop for $470 ... Hope my BM supply remains good to provide bb with BM for some quite some time ... Breastmilk kept in freezer can last 3 months right? Thinking I will pump more often next time before I return back to work ... Now I latch in daytime and 1 pump at night ...

Mummies,

I just shouted at my maid for throwing away my bb umbilical cord without my permission.. I intend to keep it same as my number 1.. She always likes to do things without my permission.. Yesterday, she went to wash my cloth binder without my permission too, my instruction to her is to bring our my binder from my room to bb's rm.. She is making me

crazy lor.. Now my hb wants to change her becos I shouted

at her v loudly.. He is afraid that the maid will do something

fuuny to my #1.. how? My hb scolded me for shouting at my maid. I think I'm going to lose my insanity soon..

cottagefry,

maid like to act on own (act smart).. duno hw to follow instructions... Keep ur cool. u r having ur confinement, take care of ur health first n ur bb.

bb chinese name:

so most of u hv given ur bb chinese name, urself or engage shifu?

me still looking for those shifu for names.

HJ,

i put like 3 to 4 glass bottles into my Pigeon steriliser to sterilise. if i need use it urgently, i will pour hot boiling water to sterilise. hv to standby another freezer just in case cos quite full liao. u?

mine will ask for milk every 2-3hrs. yup very tiring. after latch, stil hv to pump out but i dun pump every 3hrs, drag til 5 to 6 hrs.

blueblue,

how come 2nd appt so long? hmm cos urs natural rite? mine csect she has to clean my wound n scar.

u combine the same day remaining together rite? or combine 2days remaining?

xlh,

i m taking ordered confinement food fr natal essential. they have those tonic soups n fungus too. was told by my mum will flush out lochia. didnt know suddenly heavy flow.

celynlee,

If bb decide to come early, uncontrollable lei.

Use mobile camera lor, also cn turn out as good or simply borrow n stand by 1 before u get ur personal camera.

cottagefry,

tis ok... sayang... breathe breathe

ystday Mr C also did smthing funny after coming back fm PD. he suddenly developed an interest in cleaning off all the dried skin (vernix debris i think - spelling correct anot) fm C2's diaper area. started shouting here and there, say pple (does he mean me??? or the maid?) never take care of his precious son, and giving ME instructions to wet cotton balls, cannot use bb wipes and so on...

cannot imagine if the son already liddat, my MIL arriving later how. finicky man.

aaargh.

luckily i used my birth relaxation techniques to calm myself down first.

today Mr C started again.

asked me WHO is the rough one who broke our door stopper magnet behind the door, plainly insinuating my mum during the 2 days we were in hosp and she came to take care of C1. ask me this sort of s-t-u-p-i-d question for wat. just fix the bleep thing la.

.......... AAAAAARGH. men.

ok end of vent.

kite,

I got 'you long zi' to calculate eight characters for my boy name. 1 name $100 n wil tel u wat to avoid tis n tat for bb. Jus provide birth date, time, surname etc. When ready go n collect at guilemard.

mummies,

Any one go make the stamp chop with umblical cord n hair brush?

Im thinking of doing tat. Other then kkh where else?

Kite ... That's the model I bought ... No I don't stay at clementi leh .. I stay in the east lol. They very efficient ... Gonna deliver for me tonight ... My freezer has 15 bottles extra now. No space and I don't like to put near meat .. I dunno how many bottles it can store but I kinda like the drawer system then the chest freezer system as I feel it's easier for FIFO use of the frozen EBM ...

Oh and it's a one door ... Just like a fridge .. U can see better pictures at www.tecno.com.sg .. The clementi shop sells

it at $499 with a free fan. I told him I don't want the fan .. So $470. Audiohouse sells at $508 ...

Just had my massage n pumped milk. My massage is getting more n more painful, don't know whether I can tahan till the end of 14 days, just now nearly cried. Delivery got pain, wound from bottom got pain, milking got pain n even massage also got pain. Ai yo, think my tolerance for pain really very low, feeling so sad.

Kite,

my hb engaged chen jin long for my bb Chinese name. He charges $418 inclusive of gst. He will gives us a few Chinese characters to mix and match.

cellow, cottagefry, sayang... try not to stress up yourselves.

vic ma, so the milk tea shd wait for 2 months over then can take?

I feel so sad now.. Whenever, I think of my bb's umbilical cord is threw away by her, my tears keeps dropping.. Sigh! Now, my hb is afraid that the stupid maid will harm my #1 or add dirty things to our food or water.. So stressed! Plus my mil likes to make sacartics comments..

HJ, I topup another 40mls EBM coz tink my galgal still not full after latching her 15mins each on both breast... Today my CL suggested that I let her latch till she doesnt want and c how...

Cellow: don't know leh, she's using pressure to help me get rid of the wind. Now my whole body is aching badly.

Anyone can advise how to know whether i've empty out the milk? Everytime i'll pump till no milk flowing out that will take abt 30 mins to 1 hour, but somehow I still feel my right breast still got milk but couldn't pump out anything liao.

Juye,

can't find.. She threw it away to the rubbish bin liao.. I lost my cool and shouted at her very loudly til my bb cried.. Sigh! Then my maid keeps crying.... CL asked me to let it go as it will affects my health..

Cottagefry

Dun be too upset. I know it's not easy not to think abt it. But it will affect ur eye sight according to old folks if you cry alot during confinement.

Kite

Maybe it's natural birth so..2nd appt is much later.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Oh yeah, I combine those on the same day only..

Regarding the chinese name, I got the Chen Jun Rong Shifu and he charges $388 for 5 names for us to chose. He will also provide analysis after you hv made selection. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Am very happy today [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] went for mani & pedi, cut my hair & took photos! Baby, you can come anytime now! (though hubby would like to have 1 more day to fix up the rocking chair)

Cottagefry,

I would be very angry with the maid too. Is she new? Perhaps it would be better to change to another maid just in case she does something funny.

Cellow,

hope you are feeling better. Men do things for reasons we cannot comprehend sometimes.

Syz,

I already change 3maids. This is my fourth maid, she is here for about 1mth plus.. She is a transfer maid, worked for her ex employer for 7mths. If I change maid again then I need to go and attends course which I want to avoid plus need to train again.. So tiring!

1sttimepapa (1sttimepapa)

re: chinese name

yes, 1 name $100..

our chinese name got 3 characters, shifu wil provide 10 for 2nd n 3rd u can simply mix n match.

sorry being busy wif bb n slpy. ever since bb home no day n nite.. cham

Armadale (armadale)

re: umbilical cord - stamp chop

ya think so, I will like to make tat for my bb

Kite,

Im coping well bah, getting used to bb wif his diff hr. Im trying to change his timing hehee.

1sttimepapa (1sttimepapa) & all mummies

why i choose you long zi is becos my sis use for her 3 kids. As for her elder son, this shifu indeed marvellous said my nephew lack of water and need to have water in his name ( san dian shui ) . indeed his penis ( hole ) not straight lei . hmm this shifu nv seen my nephew before. we only provide time, birth date etc.

I find him quite amazing hehee.. so I decide to ask for his advise also for my boy

so many mummies popped liao too busy to log in

really hope 1 fine day we all shall get to meet up with our bb

perhaps christmas for all, have a pot luck ?? hehee woowwwwooo...

GBH & cottagefry

we in west can mit up first

hey mummies,

hope all of u are doing fine.. i'll reach 39th wk on mon but bb still seems to be comfy in me.. sigh.. im getting more n more tired n breathless alr..

Yeah! I finally resolved my girl's English name today.

Was hoping to call her Hope, but daddy did not like it. So while in church, I came up with another 2 names - Praise and Gloria (meaning glory).

Daddy picked Gloria!

Now we have to settle the Chinese name, followed by the dialect translation.

Hi,

being tracking this forum for a while, and find some of the comments/ suggestions provided by mummies very helpful. Hoping someone could share with me how to tackle with this issue also.

I juz gave birth via C-section on 8 April, going to be discharge tomorrow. For the past 3 days, my baby girl has been on TOTAL BREASTFEED (TBF). My milk supply has not really kick in. So i am at a loss if I shd ever introduce supplements, and by what methods. If I introduce formulas, will my baby becomes choosy when she drink my breastmilk which taste differently ? Or should I continue to be on TBF, but i worried my baby may get dehydrated and lost weight. What shd I be doing ?

GLHK (hk_lim)

I hbf & formula. 1 day 3 times bf the rest formula. no problem of bb being choosy.

no need to worry things on ur own. Just act accordingly trial n error bah, provide whatever you think you able and is best for ur bb [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i am selling my face front and back capella orange black stroller. Preloved $80 self collect hougang/kovan area. Can put maxi cosi car seat basinet one.

Bot 299 i think bn could be around 320 for similar model.

Email me if interested [email protected]. Used for only 6 mths. Suitable from newborn to 3 yrs old.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/3840380.jpg]

予希(yu xi) saying hello to all aunties and babies

Cottagefry,

Looks like bo pian have to stick with the one you have for now. Quite hard to get a good maid these days. My grandma had to change a few before settling on the present one.

mummies,

my birth story as follows:

415pm - admit at kk for ctg, already about 5cm dilted.

near 6pm - yu xi (2.96kg) is delivered without epi.

not sure if the hard boiled that wilbb mention help in the delivery, but i did had 1 on my way to kk.

everything happen to fast for me to have epi administer. the midwife and nurse were in a hurry to put me on drip for the antibiotic and got another gynae to give me my required dosage before my gynae arrived.

Back