(2010/04) April 2010 mtb

Congrats Celyn! That was a short labour! To think this morning you mentioned you felt different and by afternoon she's born! So cute, her facial expression looks like she's thinking "where's this place?" Love the chubby cheeks and hair [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Have a good rest!

hello...i've already delivered my twins on 30 March. Now already moo-ing away and getting all those sleepless nites!

good luck to all who have given birth and those waiting for D-day to happen! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i am so tired and abit sian too with the waiting. Was wearing a maxi dress today as my pants are all hurting me like crazy but pple in the heartlands really stare. Never see such a unbashful whale before.

I bot durians some more haha.

Today i was to the kaki bukit showrooms and bot my #1 a quinny zapp and gave our old quest a face lift new covers. Really cool. They even replaced the knobs for hooking the rain cover for $20 as they had rusted. Now it seems i hv 2 new strollers!

We got the quinny as it folds sleek car is small and with the madness of coe prices and need for 2 strollers in the car, the zapp sure helps. While the mac quest i retain for my parents to bring #1 out. The old covers 2.5 yrs old so dirty and badly stained we decided ok facelift since they had covers on promotion as well.

Kind of siao so many strollers i used to wonder why friends hv so many now i see tghe other 4 fingers pointing straight back at myself!

We nearly went back to city sq mall shop where the zapp not sure which yr model was 399 but cannot put adaptor for a maxi cosi basinet. But the kk one we bot comes with the adaptor and adaptor was foc some more and kk had all colour choices while the 399 one only had 1-2 choices of colour.

But i paid for the shopping net at the base 15% off the list price. Wished it was foc too. Maybe see my allerhand bag can fit ot not later.

congrats celyn n juliet!

pumping now, 1 handed typing

glhk,

tdy only day4, give the milk a lil more time to come in. latch as often as posiible 2 hours frequency... or pump if bb is not interested

cottagefry,

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] on the str to dustbin.

changing maid now v lechey... at least wait till aft confunemt lor...

LOL on vicma's unbashful whale!

hi mummies,

my BB was bk in hosp again yday... jaundice went up... i was so upset when i saw her in the cot naked n under the light... i actually cried in front of the nurse... now i don dare to go visit her bcoz i will get super upset just thinking of that scene.. i only sent Hb to go visit...

currently BB on total FM while i pumped to store... bcoz PD said that BM has this substance that tends to "absorb" the jaundice... though its not a must to stop BM totally but if i want BB to recover faster, will be good to have total FM for a few days first...

my milk ss still not there yet... there was 1-2 times i managed to get 50ml per session n was super happy but other times dropped bk to 30-40ml.. dunno y also... just now i think i overdid it by using a stronger setting.. realized later that i got a blister on my areola... now fearing that will hinder my pumping since its tender... hopefully the CB calendula cream will really work a miracle n heal the broken skin ASAP...

anyone using the milk trays from mumsfairy? can i store the frozen milk sticks in normal ziplock (freezer safe types)? my concern now is i dunno what things need to be sterile n what no need... normal ziplocks not sterile mah...

there's a mummy (paiseh cant rem who) who said that she uses a syringe to feed BB instead of bottles... izzit those syringe that sold in Guardian? need to sterlize before use? how? steam or cold water tablet type of sterilizing?

re the glass bottles from TMC

izzit recycling those glass bottles of pre made FM? i threw away quite a number liao leh.. nvr occur to me that i can use the glass bottles...

maddie,

re soft medela funnel

i also have the funnel from my Swing. the manual in my Swing reads that boil the parts in water leh? so can steam sterilize or not? so far i have used the soft funnel for 2 days n been steam sterlizing it... no damage leh... then later i bought new hard ones bcoz the original size dun fit me well...

vic_ma,

re the playtex liners, can withstand the freezer?

bcoz i think it doesnt seem like it was designed to store EBM leh... more for like slotting into the nurser (bottle) so that u no need wash bottles...i bought a box of that liao to try...

i have so many queries n things i need to know abt tbf... n im so stressed that my ss doesnt seem to increase much... dunno if thats normal...

gbh,

tis me who syringe fed C1 w EBM till he learnt how to latch again. did that for 5-6 weeks.

normal syringe that is used to feed bb's medicine, can get fm PD. insert finger + syringe tog, release milk into bb's mouth only when she sucks.

any method of sterilisg the syringe is fine.

an easier way is to cup feed... if got an indian nurse around, ask them where they get the cups from. i only know medela has this product http://www.medela.com/ISBD/breastfeeding/products/softcup.php but never personally used it before.

all the abv is to prevent nipple confusion.

there are 2 types of jaundice. physiological jaundice which peaks at day 6-7 and normally goes off by week 2-3, and breastmilk jaundice which peaks at week 2, and goes off... sigh... during week 5-7.

both C1 and C2 have breastmilk jaundice. but my PD still advocates total breastfeedg.

the HARDEST thing to accept abt bm jaundice is the wanna-cry feeling of MY milk is causing BB's jaundice.... but trust in the medical process... it will pass.

(this will be one of the longest 4 weeks of your life, plus you still have to fend off well meaning grandparents)

one piece of info fm my PD visit on Friday which i din know beforehand. the first 1 1/2 weeks, MUST bring the jaundice level down quickly.... (that's why she recommended and i accepted the bilibed... http://www.babyphototherapy.com/pepbed.html) as it might affect their brain development.... after these 1 1/2 weeks, as long as below 14-15, ok de. well, still not ok la, but not so vital for the brain liao, just give the liver time to clear the excess bilirubin.

stress plus not enuf rest plus .... prob, i guess you forgot all abt drinking water liao... your own dehydration will contribute to low milk supply.

so stay calm, lie down when you can, and pump yourself w water even though you dun feel like drinking.

gbh i thhink u bot the wrong type. The drop in kind is for bottle feeding. Should be the standard liners. See if u can make do by snipping off the top.

Its for freezing ebm. Alot of mummies in the forum do that. But i anal abt warming milk in them so i just thaw give it a shake empty into milk bottle then i warm milk bottle instead.

Normal zip locks not sterile and transfer here and there increases risks of contamination u hv to be careful. Best not in bb's few 1st mths when they are more vulnerable.

Congrats jade,celyn & Juliet...

Cellow,cottagefry, we tend to flare up more especially when we are having hard time now... Relax, relax...

gbh, take good care of yourself now... Your bb is in good hands... Dun worry too much abt ss...I realised if I pump after bb latch, ss abt 70mls - 90mls, but if I didn't latch bb for half a day like today (due super tired), ss only 50-60mls... I also found out that EBM is a better 'cream' healing sore nipples & broken skin on the areola...

celendula cream can use on nipples?

I am not sure abt that le. Its more for pimples and nappy rash. I hv not used this pdt before can mummies advise gbh?

I only know lanolin cream can be used on nipples while we bf cos its safe for babt to injest.

Anything that goes into bb mouth should steralise. Of course our hands cannot so we mush wash them with anti bac soap and rinse well.

I dunk my face towels in hot water sometimes too cos i use wet face towels with little finger to clean bb gums after every feed and sips of water as well.

Gbh, the instruction on mine also say to boil parts in water 10 min before first use. After that then to wash with warm soapy water. So I assumed can be steam sterilized. That why after pumping n sterilizing 8 times a day, it started to warp after 3 days. That for the soft shield. My personal fit ones which r fully plastic r ok for sterilizing. Abt crying in front of nurses I totally understand how u feel. U just couldn't control n for first 2 days I can just cry anytime I think of my dd. Tomorrow my dd supposed to come home n am damn scared cos i can't latch her well. She has been bottle fed for last 9 days. Not sure if shd cont giving bottle after she comes home or syringe feed the ebm when she refuses to latch.

I just done with my pumping.. Thanks mummies, I'm feeling much better now.. Trying v hard not to think about it.

JUst done with pumping..overslept..grrr

celyn..congrats!!! that was a short labor process man ..yr bb got wavy hair !! ...*-*

juliet..congrats to u too!!

GLHK

It's your personal decision if you want to TBF, PBF or just make a total switch to FM. However, we all know the benefits of TBF that would usually outweigh FM, don't we?

One obvious benefit is natural immunization. My #1 was TBF for 13mths and I am more sickly than she is, even up to now. She saved more $$$ from PD than I go to see GP & I give credit to TBF.

Spoonfeed or syringefeed can help avoid nipple confusion. If you have additional pair of hands at home, can also get someone to bottlefeed (so long as it's not you who gives the bottle, cos bb is used to sucking hard when you latch on and bb will remember your scent as well)).

Of course there's the risk of bb still having nipple confusion, cos bottle nipples are easier to suck out milk.

gbh

trust the docs. It may create a dent in our TBF journey, but still can persevere on one. Just keep pumping. I understand that in our pursuit to provide our bb with the best, we can sometimes be overzealous in our quest with TBF, but you must also know how to balance everything out.

Remember to keep to 15-20mins pump and don't use strong pump suction for too long. You will hurt your breasts. For your blister, use your own BM and rub on it. Your BM has natural healing properties.

You need to relax! Really! If you want to continue TBF! Remember that volume is just a number. The more relaxed you are, the more rest you have & the more fluid you drink will help to increase ss. Bu if you are stressed over numbers (ie volume), then your ss will be low.

Re: Mumsfairy Milktrays

I used Tupperware to store frozen milksticks, cos Tupperware can withstand high heat and cold temps. You can get Pigeon sterilizing tablets to sterilize the Tupperware containers. Get good ones like Lock n Lock will help a lot and save space too. Think Lock n Lock may have the freezer-safe kinds.

i could not sleep well. Residual effect from tum ache. I keps drifting from actual pain in tum to dreaming abt posting here i am going into labour! (heart's desire perhaps)

i keep dreaming abt the cycle stroller i saw at kaki bukit as well cycling it to kkh to birth u see la. So luan.

Then drifting back to reality. I dreamt i had to post here again i not yet go in to pop false alarm nia.

I will sure wake w panda eyes later.

Vic Ma,

funny dream [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] think you can't wait to deliver. I saw that cycle stroller too. So nice but super ex and no where to store also.

vic ma....tink u anxious lah...go back rest on bed ..will doze off soon ...keke ...come to tink of it, yr c-sec is this coming week hor..maybe getting excited also *-*

syz

my hb commented abt it i told him its siao la as if we cycle. And doesnt look cheap. (pung sai also no time cycle with baby haha) its more an ang mo lifestyle gadget in my opinion.

Think such things appeal initially to men ba. He cannnot be serious anyway our car too small. Cheaper to rent cycle with baby seat fromt east coast should we go cycling anyway.

I am sorry if u dont see me congratulating pple i am actually waiting for more details to update the list - zhi ye bing (duty germs in my head)

Vicma, your tum ache sounds bad... Does warm water help? Try to get some sleep...

rant i agree with u abt tbf n pd benefits.

So much so i not very good with pds cos seldom see. Until when #1 falls sick its very frustrating cos i no fixed pd for her either. The hougang mall one we tried went on long leave often due to personal reasons. Really left us in a lurge sometimes as we tot could depend on her.

What i really liked abt bfing is. If i sick i cont to latch bb will get immunity for whatever i am sick with. I felt like super nei nei. One of God's magic ways !

Hi mommies, am from march mtb, i have balance Kotex Adhesive Maternity pads 2 packets for sale. Retail at $6 a pack, letting go at $3, unopend. Self collect at Bukit Batok.

I got blisters on one of my nipples! Not very pain but kinda feeling tingy over at that area. The blisters bursted when I was covering it with warm towels and milk came out from there! Wondering if it's still safe to pump my milk? Will it further "injured" my breast? Cause don't want my supply to drop. Finally can pump 65ml now.

Found an article via Kellymom and they said it's safe to continuing to pump.

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/mom/nipplebleb.html

more pops! congrats to all [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

wondering when my turn...sgsc, we're the 2 weird ones but since my ML is starting tmr, i'm all geared up to pop soon. BB didnt listen to me to pop yesterday ley - but if she's not ready then nvm lo, i incubate her longer. maybe she let me enoy a few days of leave first then come out. last night went out for dinner and lower back was extra achy + some pain at tummy but it was persistent and not contraction-like. i thot last night was it but all the discomfort went away when i sat down - maybe bb was getting heavier hence the extra strain even at this late stage. pooing more often too + LS-like...i know the time is close but dunno how close?! next gynae app on tues.

bbdust!!! hw r u doing??? usually i let bb latch on till he had enuff..he falls asleep while at it...i usually nudge him awake lor...y leh?

hw yr bm ss ?? ok so far?

i wish for snow!

Pple in temperate countries really can do confinement wo bathing cos humidity is low u dont really sweat too.

But in sg its like asking for a stroke lor. I feel bb should be water fed in today's heat context.

Me now looking for either stroller .. which brand is good for stroller? I have a Maxi Cosi baby car seat. Does anyone of you know which stroller is compatible with Maxi Cosi car seat?

Congrats to all the new mummies!

Am 39 weeks today but baby still not engaged as of gynae checkup 2 days ago. My cousin just came over (mother of 4) and she also commented that my tummy still seems quite high.

Am really hoping that baby decides to come out on her own and I won't have to be induced since I hear that the contractions are more painful for induction cases. Wonder if that's true?

Am going to start going for walks and swims this coming week to "encourage" baby to come.

Ming-- i heard that walking helps alot.. but dun overdo it.. so jiayou k.

Lucida-> strollers like quinny and bungaboo are compatible with maxi cosi car seats =)

woofy,

i latch him one breast, he suckles happily for 20 mins then the nxt breast he suckles a few mins then knock out totally no matter how i wake him also no use alamak

if i dont latch him and use vic power pump method , max i can have for both side is 50-80ml depend on the time of the day..

But i dont pump in btw feeds, i latch more..only pump out the remaining milk when he sleeps at the other breast. u think its good that i pump btw feeds to up my supply?

Hi BBdust, Your bb is good already. Mine once on nipple fall asleep. Very tiring. Put her back on the cot than 10 mins later she wakes up again. Yesterday night i think i fed her for almost an hour but yet she wakes up within an hour for feeding - think she probably did not really suckle.. Very tired. Tried to touch her feet, face everywhere she still sleep

Anyone bb also like that?? Any solution??

Back