(2010/04) April 2010 mtb

Recommended TCM List:

Nam Hua Acupuncture and Medical Hall... 440 Race Course Road Tel: 62919275 Doc Koh Lee Hoon Open Tues, 2-5.30pm, 6.30-8.30pm, Thurs and Sat, 10.30am-1pm, 2-5.30pm...

(1) Ban Choon Chan

Blk 81, #01-636, Marine Parade Central Singapore 440081

Tel: 6344 6718

Business Hours:

Mon-Wed-Thur-Fri: 8.30am-3pm

Sat: 8.30am-3pm

Sun: 8.30am-12pm

Closed on Tue and Public Holidays

(FEEDBACK: My hb & I saw Dr. Tan Lee Kee of Ying Chuan Chinese Medical Hall in Jurong East 4 yrs ago. We spent a few thousand dollars on her and a Gynae at Glenages recommended by her. We were told that I have PCOS and my hb sperms not good.

We saw them for a year and I did not manage to conceive.

After that we also went through 2 times of IVF. I managed to get pregnant on my 2nd IVF, unfortunatly I miscarriage in my 6th weeks of pregnancy. After my miscarriage, I went to this Sin Seh at Marine Parade. He helped me to 'bu3' my body and I also told him I want to conceive naturally. He told me he will help me but my hb and I must follow his instructions and take the herbs prescribed by him. I'm now 5 1/2 mths pregnant after taking his herbs for a few mths. His fees is much cheaper than JE's Sin Seh and my hb & I only need to see him 1 time per mth.

But you must brew the herb yourself.)

(2) Chee Seng Tong Medical Hall

200 Upper Thomson Road #01-02 Thomson Imperial Court, Singapore 574424

Tel: 6251 3268

Consultation Hours:

Mon to Sat:

9am - 12pm, 2.30pm - 5pm , 6.30pm - 8pm

Tue, Thu, Sat: (Evening Closed)

Sun: 8.30am - 12pm

Public Holidays: 9am - 1pm

the physician there is a renowned one(he's also the director of the Chong Hua Free Clinic - from wat I've heard, it's a place where most physicians hv to 'service' after their graduation). The herbs there are clean too and fresh as the turnover is very high since alot of ppl go there to consult him.

(3) Tai Choon Foh & Co.,

Low Wei Meow, Chinese Physician

Blk 465 North Bridge Road #01-5045, Crawford Court Singapore 191465 (Near Lavender MRT)

Tel: 6294 3008, 6294 5068

Mon-Fri: 10.30 am - 7.30 pm

Sat: 10.30 - 6.30 pm

Sun & PH: Closed

(4) Tan Kian Sing Starrz (BFP after 1 cycle),

TCM Healthcare Medical Center

Blk 433, Clementi Ave 3, #01-266, Singapore 120433

Tel : 68723237

Wed,Sun and PH closed

Monday & Sat 930am to 12pm, 2-6pm

Tues,Thur & Fri 1- 5pm

7-9pm

Dr Tan will be on holiday 9 to 19May.Clinic will open on 20May

His Thread on SMH: http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/cgi-bin/forumboard/discus.cgi?pg=next&topic=36738&page=330783

FEEDBACK: The two Chinese physicians are recommended to me by a Chinese physician(from China).

Both of the Chinese physicians are holding doctorate degree from renowned TCM University in China. Both of them had spent at least a year in China hospital for clinical experience.

Dr Tan Kian Sing is currently the head of infertity group in Singapore Chung Hwa Medical Institution. He is mainly solving male problem. There is another female Chinese physician who is the head of infertity group in solving the females problem. As I am not comfortable with a male physician, I choose Dr Tan Siew Buoy to solve my medical problem. She is the expert of solving female problem.

I hear a lot of things about some local Chinese phyiscan who is very unhappy if their patient tells them that they are doing IVF or IUI. Some local Chinese phyisican even feel offend if they know the couple going to see another Chinese phyisican.

Both Dr Tans are very open as they are aware that we are seeing two phyisican. Most of time we will ask them to write their TCM treatment so we can pass to the each other. This will help to provide the best treatment for both of us.

Both Dr Tans are aware that we are intending to do IUI or IVF. They advise us to receive TCM treatment for preparing for pregnancy. The womb must be ready for pregnancy. If your body is not in a good condition for pregnancy, there is no point of trying many cycle of IVF or IUI.

FEEDBACK: I have just tested positive last week. very happy indeed. I have been tcc for almost 3 years. No luck maybe because of my age (38). Started going to TCM in Aug 08 (went to Dr Tan Kian Seng after reading about him in this forum). Went thru 5 months(2 to 3 times per mth bef ovulation) of accupucture and taking the power herbs. I guess it certainly make your body stronger. I am very happy and hope everything will be fine for the next 9 mths.

(5) Thong Chai Medical

Dr Tan Siew Buoy or Dr Chen Siew Mei

50 Chin Swee Rd

Infertility unit

Mon-fri

8.30-10.20

12.30-2.20pm

(can register yourself half an hr before consultation time)

FEEDBACK: maybe you can try seeing Dr Tan Siew Buoy,at thong chai medical institute, i'm currently seeing her but for me the prob is my hubby,his counts were low,she asked him to buy the herbs prescribed by her,and he is taking it now but i'm also seeing her and taking the herbs too cos she said it will make my womb stronger to prepare for pregnancy,she will also ask you to monitor your temperature daily to see if you are ovulating...

(6) Zou Yumin TAM Physician & Acupuncturist

Blk 505 #01-2670 Ang Mo Kio Ave 8 S560505 Opp Nanyang Polytechnic

Tel: 64560833

Closed on WEDS

(7) Blk 603 Clementi West St.1

#01-35 S(120603)

Tel:67776765

Mon-Thurs up till 9pm fri ,Sat till 5pm

(8) Ever Spring Medical Group Pte Ltd Magix

http://www.everspring.com.sg/contact.html

Block 42, Cambridge Road,

FEEDBACK: my MIL only trust the one at cambridge rd. cos the sinseh qt famous & every week she have an article on newspaper.

(9) LEE JIN LONG,

68426110 & 68417920

"famous" chinese acunpunturist at Geylang

(10) Ban Choon Wah medical Hall

Address : Blk 157, Serangoon North Ave 1 #01-434, Singapore 550154

Tel: 6288 7439

FEEDBACK: I had tried for baby since Year 2003, went to see few chinese sinseh which is popular in singapore, tried cromid, IUI and Laparoscopy over last 3 yrs of TTC but no good news. Besides that i have retroverted uterus, according to Gynea this will not affect on TTC

After seeing the sinseh at Ban Choon Wah for abt 3mth, finaly get pregant in yeard 2006, and i just give birth to my prince during this April.

Give this sinseh a try, he realy good

FEEDBACK (-VE): The physician,i tink,is the worse physician that i seen.He didn't chk my pulse n my history n straight away jumped into conclusion by treating me as infertile patient.He started to "hard sell" himself by boosting his achievements.He said he is the 1st person in S'pore who teach ppl how to use BBT temp chart to chk wf O.After i told him my conditions(miscarriages,etc)then he said he refused to treat me.On top of that,he even asked me to give him a token after all the lecturing fr him.I took out $10 note n asked him:"is this enough?" n very pissed off n left.

(11) Teck Chua Medical Hall

Ms Tan S.L

Hougang Ave 5 Blk 322 #01-84

tel: 62810373 (call to make appt)

hours: tues/thur 6-9pm; sat 2-5pm

(12) New Century TCMS Healthcare Clinic

Ms Wu Liping

Blk 408 Ang Mo Kio Ave 10 #01-789

Tel 6456 0789

Wed 9.30am - 8pm Sun 9.30am - 5pm

FEEDBACK: i had 3 previous m/c. Went to see my current chinese physician since june this year n am expecting now. Things look pretty stable now for me.

SMH Threads on TCM

TCM Gynae

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/36738/338646.html?1233586962

Note: Bad Reviews on Dr. Tan Lee Kee of Ying Chuan Chinese Medical Hall in Jurong East: http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/36738/91215.html?1154530434

all these were from TTC 2009-2010 thread so do call up make sure that they are still around & if the opening hours aare still the same.

dazz, my TCM is Tan Kian Sing at Clementi Avenue 3. He is from CARE. His contact is as follows:

TCM Healthcare Medical Center

Blk 433 Clementi Ave 3 #01-266 Singapore 120433

Tel: (65) 68723237

Monday to Friday(except Wednesday)

9:30am to 12:00pm

2:00pm to 5:00pm

7:00pm to 9:00pm

Saturday

9:30am to 12:00pm

2:00pm to 5:00pm

Sunday 9:30am to 12:00pm

Closed on Wednesday and Public Holiday

The operating day/hour may be different already. Just call to find out. Do make appointment earlier because he's always fully book. But once you are more close to his asssistant, can get priority especially when they see that you are desperate about having a baby like me last time... hahahaaa...

ohya, I followed his medication as well after i deliver my boy... i guess that's y i strike my gal in just less than 5 bd ... ooops.. hahahaaa...

I dont earn any $$ if u visit the above TCM!!

my fav is cheap & good one at Serangoon road/bendeemer road the OLD chinese hospital one - i forgot the contact liao must find.

around $8 consultation & $8 onwards for meds & instant meds no need brewing, I recall Wed nites are HOT cos of certain physicians there popular.

its like physicians all over SG go there to voluntter their services for affordable TCM services.

there is even slimming consultations!

yes Chips u can also go for medication OR accupuncture - i try to dig my that cheap contact out soon

water retention essentially sometimes we dont exercise of sweat enough as well - but its curable thru TCM too.

my water retention also damn bad lor!!

vic ma,

you reminded me about tan lee kee. I visited her as well and got cut coz she recommended me to that gleneagers gynae and spend few thousand as well. but i stop seeing that gynae coz i don feel comfortable with him coz i feel that he's not really open to question....

stopped seeing tan lee kee coz the q-ing is too tedious and i feel that her medicine is standard for everyone and consultation only 5 mins and i wonder how she can diagnose me properly in that 5 mins....

for once i really trust her because i think i was too desperate for a baby and even recommend my fren to visit her. but, very bad experience my fren has and im still feeling guilty until today... what happen was my friend went for ivf and conceive a baby boy in first attempt... she had spotting throughout first trimester and managed to pass the first tri. however, the spotting continue and bloody show followed; so she tot see if tcm tan lee kee can help.. then the assistant of tan lee kee recommended powder of ren sheng, xi fu and 2 more, to be taken once every morning... thereafter, she had contraction and lost her baby at 20weeks... she almost gone crazy and now gave up career and ttc-ing, and alot more in her life.....

so for those who intend to see tan lee kee... think twice lor...im not here to bad mouth her coz i know there are ppl who got their babies under her as well... but just to be extra careful with the medicine she gave coz the ingredients are not stated clearly one...

sigh, start to feel bad coz missing my that fren again....

thks vicma.

I think remove water, I can be lighter huh ...

Anybody got ways to 'quit diapers' what is the age that our child should quit it?

re TCM in SG

for vicma's #1 on the list, ban choon chan.... i go to him for C1's cough sometimes and yes he is v famous for helping couples conceive. and success rate apparently v high. the past 8-9 times i went there over 3 years (all for long running coughs in the family), there are always people who stop by and tell his wife that they are already pregnant.

the fees are also reasonable. only pay for medicines. typical herbs for cough cost $12 for 2 packages. i dun think the TTC herbs cost much more than that (i could be wrong!)

negative #1. the queue is super long. goes purely by physical queue. cannot take number and go off to do other things. sat/sun he opens at 830am, the q can start at 730am. by the time he opens at 830am, the q is already ~15 pple deep. can faint.

which leads to postive #1. his consultations take at least 10-15mins per TTC couple. v thorough when you are consulting him for TTC.... but bcz i always go to him for coughs only, tis annoyingly foot-tapping to wait in the q while he takes his time, but i do understand he needs time to find out the TTC history also.

negative #2. no privacy. consultation takes place in open space at the back of his chinese medical hall. that means the details abt frequency of sex, IVF, who the problem likely lies with - HB or wife etc etc, is all discussed in the open. he does talk quite softly la. at the most, only 1 or 2 more persons next in line can hear (if they are so kaypor).

who asked abt TCM?

previous page some one say went to macau & the witch doctor there said she got fertility problems!!! talking about #2 lor.

i pointed out that those pple are not very responsible one - we dont even live there & esp Shenzhen very bad - they will say PROFESSORS from the UNIVERSITY HOR -GOVt backed - ya the gov backs cheating pple $$ to buy some cheap herbs's dust!

my friend went & spent like $2K her mum spent $1K say they had few illness.

they told my MIL she was illness free & target my unmarried SIL say she had mensus problem - might affect her ferility - infact my MIL had diabeties & high blood.

in another room they separated us (made us clap wor for professors like monkeys!!!! made idiots out of us) what xue lian HUA!) myu hb & i were told that i had fertility problems . ask me take 5 mths supply of meds to tiao yang - but i only said i wanted 2 mths to try - then the bo chap attitude after taking your credit card - i still HOPping mad i believed them! I just married then & we married late in our early 30s - fertility was a scare to us lor -they really dig into things that will HIT your heart most - at 1st they ask us how old - just married, etc & found our weakness before they started to "Diagnois"

the bottle of powder went to my pants as fertilizer - but the plant doesnt look more fertile le!! hahahah!

so i say better rely on proper TCM in sg - & more recommended ones lor.

vic vic

i dont trust anyone or anything from there. my dad went for tour and his grpmate kena con to buy some dont know what powder at a super duper exhorbitant cost saying it would cure his illness. I find it totally uncalled for and ridiculous and he is suppose to be very famous there loh as a tcm doc.

http://www.kwsh.org.sg/

OK this is my doctor

http://www.kwsh.org.sg/servi_tcm.htm

Consultation hours

With effect from 1 Aug 2010, the consultation hours for TCM Centre will be

Mon - Fri 9am - 12pm

1pm - 5pm

7pm - 9pm

Sat 9am - 12pm

1pm - 5pm

Sun & Public Holidays Closed

Contact us

For more info regarding our TCM Centre, please contact us at 6341 7635 or 6299 3747 ext.242.

http://www.kwsh.org.sg/servi_charge.htm u see their charges - i very happy liao

cos these are practising physicians - who have their own practices outside & they volunteer 2 AMs or 2 PMS or 2 nites or 1-2 whole days a week at this hospital (charity based hospital) my great grandma stayed at this hospice before.

& they have around 4-10 physicians at any one time.

the famous ones u must call & ask - the wait is crazy & u will get watched like exihibit A cos a group of students will be with these famous physicians

i rather just an average one cos i hate q & i dont want so many men looking at me !! naked or not!

vic vic

hee u go to kwsh ah? hee u know when i was young i used to stay just opposite kwsh? i went there to see doc when i was sick during the olden times [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I visit the Shanghainese lady on thurs - i forgot her name - she is very fierce one but i talk back to her then she diam diam.

she said i was too FAT to conceive la that time trying for Leon, then i told her i was FATTER when i conceived Vicky - she diam diam - gave me 2-4 weeks of meds which i faithfully took & when i visit her she treated me for migraine & wt loss too since needles free just anyhow POKE more places la since waiting there liao HAHHAH!

her patients mainly ladies - so we dont really mind no curtains (can draw la if want) i chat with her other lady patients too lor - one goes regularily for hair LOSS treatment!!!!!!

ya bb dust - my great granny was in young bird hosp too ex lor switched her to hospice. then my FIL MIL also goes there.

& near enough i also go lor.

vic-ma..tink the famous uncle is like prof or something ..my mum used to go to him for poke poke cos of frozen shoulder ..so much cheaper n effective than EYS which costed much more.

vic and wonderland, thanks for contact.. i forwarded it to my close fren who has been TTC for the past 3 years but still not successful. She ever mentioned to me she's seeing this sinseh, duno in AMK or TPY or where la.. but no good news leh.. and she say it's super ex. Hope she trys out this method and helps her.

piglet

why moody? u talk to ur DH abt #2 le mah?

maddie

hee hee miss going to my gynae [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] update us yah [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

BB,

dunno leh. Even my colleagues can tell and asked me if something happened.

I have not really sit down and talk to him yet cos he is very busy these few weeks till end of may. Dun wanna add stress to him.

I had 3 cups of coffee with 1.5hrs!!!!

Maddie,

Just like BB, I too miss going to my gynae. Previously i was hopping to see my gynae every week! & will come up with excuses to bring forward the appointment! LOLz! Yah, do keep us posted huh. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

woofy~!! you there?? Hahahahah.. i've extended my HK trip by 2 more nights!! Staying at Kimberly~!! YEAH ~!! Means i can go... SHOPPING FOR BAGS!!!! whahahaha...

*angie fully awake liaoz* wahhahaha

BBdust & MAddie,

I can't find the reason Y I am moody leh. Just feel so sianz & pek chek! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Re: 3,4,5,6

Maddie, BBdust givem u the answer liao. ;p

Dazz,

Wow Wow Wow! U must be very happy! Wat bag u intend to get?

piglet

maybe its time of the month where auntie makes her grand appearance?

maddie

orh.. han zi [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bb,

no wor. The next cycle will be next week.

Sighzzzz. Pls ignore me! If not later the mummies here also become moody.

Let's find other happy things to chat ba! ;)

bbdust, piglet, hahahah.. havent really decide. Now still in thinking process. Initially quite insistent to get my B bag but yesterday, i realised my SIL also using one (beside my MIL) so i thot, i probably should not "join in the fun". wahahahah.. now thinking of what other bags to get. Hhmmm.. Any mummies here carry Stam bag?

BB,

ehhh.... how come got 'A Change'??? U know what i mean?

Dazz,

Hmmmmm....I dun think I will ever buy branded bags now. Cos after #1 I feel the pinch! Ouch!!! ;)

Stam Bag???

piglet

hahah want to change nick leh so change to chyesim... maybe chocolate cookie sounds better?

maddie

LOL no inspiration for a new nick [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] bbdust nick has been with me for sometime le. govt change, i also must change liao haha

whaha.. paisey paisey.. ya! im busy googling~!! Stam bag by Marc Jacobs. Named after Model Jessica Stam. Was looking at the lady bag by CD and also Tod's D Bag but but... hhmm.. just dun really have the "feel"... duno how to describe. haha..

Back