(2010/01) January 2010 mtb

Hallo mommies,

Been a month since I last posted. Did pop in to read but not reply. Was just busy here and there I guess. Though I don't have anything concrete on what actually happened in the past month. It just flew past. I can't believe our LOs are gonna be celebrating their birthdays AGAIN!

Is it just me or has this year simply zoom past? I mean ... I really dun have a recollection of how every month just went. Friends tell me that Nat has grown up so much but I can't quite feel it coz' I see her like everyday! Maybe the 2nd year, compared to the first has lesser milestones, hence it just isn't as impressionable. Whatever it is, I'm just glad that Nat is talking more, able to name some of the shapes, colors, alphabets and numbers. I think classes have done her good and sure helps me a great deal so that I don't have to crack my brain everyday on what to do for her!

I feel so backdated on posts here and slowly losing track on who's pregnant with their 2nd ones. Hope to be able to come in here more often! Reading posts of mommies getting pregnant makes me miss the days of pregnancy even more. But still dun have the urge to wanna have number 2. Hhahhaa. Nat now still wants me to carry her every now and then.

I have to explain to her that she's no longer light and I no longer have the energy to carry her already. She's getting more fun to be with these days.

megan,

Nat is getting better in recognising her grandparents in the sense that whenever she hears facetime, she knows it's either po po, gong gong or jiu jiu. In-laws hardly webcam so it's very hard to teach her that side of the family. Nat has a very good time with her gramps and uncles over facetime. She'll take her itouch and bring it all over the house to show them what she has, her new toys, the scenery etc. Sometimes, she'll just place the iTouch on the table, and sit on her chair and draw in front of them. This is really the best I can do to get them connected.

I do wish for her to know that Singapore will always be her home and where we are is not permanent. But of course that really depends on how she handles it. My friends' kids mostly don't regard Singapore as home anymore. To them, Singapore is a holiday house. I find it kinda sad but inevitable since they spend so little time back home. Been talking to DH about moving back coz' seriously, costs of living is going up! Be it helper, groceries etc.

Plus deep down, I still feel that Singapore is one of the best places to receive an education. Hopefully it won't be too long before we get to be home.

gina - Nat was going through a stage of blinking eyes non-stop when watching tv. Got us a bit worried. Then observed on, it was back to normal. Read online that sometimes it could be the air too dry.

clarissagoh - Wah, you're brave, I remembered when you have ur #1, you were worried about childcare arrangements when you went back to work. And now so fast, you have #2 by your side already.

lin - Nat's diaper changing table was from IKEA. Just get it from the children's section. They should have a few choices available.

jessie - So sweet of your dad to be able to stay on to keep you guys company! Arwen must be enjoying company of her gong gong very much!

smalldreams,

*wave wave* Don't need to wonder, I am still here. We just had a one week holiday in China. Didn't go anywhere, just stayed put in Shanghai. It was rather peaceful to stay put in shanghai because the rest of the city was out holidaying. This is my first time spending the 1 week National Day holiday in China. Quite an experience I should say in the sense that traffic was so smooth everywhere, I had to get used to some shops actually not opening and some restaurants opening a little later than usual.

Even my regular online supermarkets were not delivering on certain days. It's gonna give me a prelude to CNY should we decide to stay in Shanghai for CNY. Other than that, Nat got to spend good quality time with DH. We took her out for makan, shopping etc. DH also babysat for me while I took the chance to head out with my gfs for some shopping. We really had no regrets staying put coz the thought of going for a holiday would somehow seem even more tiring.

How have you been on your end? How's work so far? How are the 2As getting along with each other?

Lamb: Nat so smart with the itouch eh but then again, I am astounded by how kids these days are so comfortable with technology!

Yes, in many many ways I really agree with what you said. I really am amazed how Arwen is going up so fast and every two weeks, she got new tricks. Like today, we put her for her nap and she suddenly put her hands together with her cheeks, pretend to close her eyes then imitate SNORING! We could not believe it and ask her to do it again, she grin and did it again! My God, she must have seen me or DH doing it.

We stay here for the holidays too, forget about travelling *shudder* give me private jet and loads of help, I also dun want. So stressful and really doesn't benefit her anyway. We had a good time going to the park and just relax. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Booked my flight for SG liao, will stay 1 month, dun care, I am so homesick , I must stay 1 month!

And I think I am so sian of SH liao, like you said, prices is so ridiculous sometimes, I am pissed. I mean, HELLO! In many ways, SH is still not a modern city. They tried but as long as the people dun change their mentality or behaviour, it is still bloody China.

Sometimes, I get so sick of the locals here, they just love to compare, to look down on others, like the fat ones, the dark skin ones, the poor ones. I mean, really getting on my nerves these days. I dun give face liao, now whoever comes and again say other people, I argue with them liao. I mean, hey, it is not like they themselves is more well off, slim or white skin lor. UURGGHHHHSSS.

Like I took 15 mins to think hard and recall if SG is like that or even the expats here is like that, no lor. I mean if we got good things, we say, bad things, we keep to ourselves cos I mean I think SG is mature enough to know no one is perfect and everyone and every race got their strength and weakness.

Haiz,... tahan tahan one more year, I am getting out.

lamb, yar.. cos I wanted to avoid the dragon year mah.. haha.. but now is really very tiring n tough.. just when #1 is older and easier to take care, now got to restart everything again.. Hope time flies and #2 grow up faster.. hee...

lamb, it's always very nice to get connected with families....to get connect via technology really helps a lot. I remember there's one yr my hb admitted hosp on CNY and I can't go back to msia to celebrate with my family. was so sad crying away...went straight to Mustafa to get a webcam so tat I can chat wt my parents. Nat is so cute and sweet, am sure her gramps love her a lot and miss her too...

jessie, when are you coming back???

So many cuties!

Xyii look so sweet [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Lamb

Good to hear from you. I can totally identify with what you said - how time just whizzes past. It's soooooo scary how time flies! Day in day out do same old thing, suddenly New year liao.

That's why we must sit back & appreciate things, else everything will be a blur.

lately i've been thinking a lot about growing old, passing on. It's so morbid. But I dunno why I keep having these thoughts.

Jessie/Lamb so nice to hear from you gals.

Lamb, I must agree that time really zoom past very fast this yr, maybe cos I am working and in this new job, I OT like crazy.....Maybe their milestones are not very obvious for this year but I am still very amazed. Like how my mum taught A to reply "huh?" when we call out his name...Super funny to us!!! A's speech is still very unpolished.....only can pronounced papa,mama,popo,yeye,mama(grandma) properly. The rest of wat he says are pretty much like lao hong (deflated tyre). He is so gd with ipad and iphone that I have to hide them from him. Else he wld be hogging onto it, can play/watch till doze off. Its not very gd for his eyesight. But sometimes just to entertain him n keep him out of mischief, we got no choice

smalldreams, y u so emo, on facebook oso, abt old la, fat la etc....Dun tink so much la! ahhahah

I am so sick n tired tdy, seriously my boss dunno wat she is tinking, let 2 staff go on leave when there is so much to do tdy. We ald have a table to forcast all the requests....Dunno wat she is tinking! I have to cover my staff tdy, half admin clerk/recep....So Tired, I am not gonna do wk now! I am still stuck cos my poor staff is trying to beat the cut-off time keying in all those things (wish I could help but due to id constraints, I can only check and nt create). So I am sitting here surfing net while waiting to check her work, so stupid rite...

Aiyoh, forgot to say the gals are so cuteee!!! make me so sad again.....Y I only got 1st kid as a boy....hahhah!

firipy

alamak, I emo ah? OK OK i shall be more conscious. hehehehe..thanks for pointing it out to me.

Actually I was just sharing an experience where I bluntly assumed a lady in her early 50s or late 40s (seriously thought she was, but she could be younger) was taking care of her grandchild. Turned out it was her child!! Felt so terrible. But I really wouldn't have guessed, coz she was hanging out with an auntie who was taking care of her grandson. Never assume. I learnt my lesson. I was disappointed in myself coz I think usually I make a conscious effort to be tactful.

I am also going for a visit now, at this hour. Haiz. Sometimes it's hard to comprehend what bosses have in mind. So what time you leaving?

smalldreams, I am still in office lo....

Must remind urself that next time always give dist to a lady's age, eventho look like grandchild, must pretend n ask if its her child first. Sometimes I dun dare to give up the seat cos I dunno if the person really preggy or nt, wat if she's not....But if ppl really mistook that I m preggy, I wld just accept it n sit down. I wldn't do tat if its last time.

smalldreams,

You're not the emo one. I dunno if it's because ever since I've had Nat ... I've been thinking about how I need to be around to be able to take care of her. I think about how at old age, when friends around us just die one by one and how we pass our time. And then I think about what happens to us after death. I am a Catholic by religion but have lost my way and really hope to get back on track. God has been kind to me and that's why I really must bring myself back to Him.

Last nite, had a rather heated discussion with DH about where to retire. He thinks that we should retire out of Singapore but I really wish to settle back home. I told him, what if we retire and our parents are still alive. I mean, we spend a good amount of time being away from them. And I really think it makes perfect sense that when we retire, we should think about spending time with them, making their lives better. And mind you, when we make our retirement plans, we're not thinking about Nat.

This is such a globalized society, and we really don't know which part of the world Nat will be when we retire. But what I do know (is a very traditional mindset like our ancestors) is that I wanna die where I was born. It's precisely time flies so fast that makes me really scared. Year after year, decade after decade. It's like these days, 10 years just fly past. And just how many more decades we have?

If we are lucky, maybe 5? But that's still a very scary thought. Yes, I have these morbid thoughts very frequently. Even more so after living in China.

firipy,

Aiyoh ... OT so often ... you know after not working for a while, I would often think back of the adrenaline that I used to have at work, working till wee hours with concalls with my Europe and US counterparts, trying to manage politics at work. Life is fulfilling now nevertheless. But a part of me will always wonder how much I've left behind at work and how much I would have accomplished if I had been working till now. Life is tough for sure, especially with Ayden at home and having to miss him. But when you look back, you'd be glad you took this path. And at least your CPF is growing!

Coz' mine isn't!

jessie,

Speaking about mindsets about people here. DH and I had a funny conversation here. We were watching this local program on 星尚101 and the host was discussing about which brand of diapers being good for babies for overnight. So it started off with them interviewing some street people about how many times they wake to change their babies' diapers. Some reply twice or thrice. I looked at DH in disbelief.

Do these people seriously bother to wake up to change diapers for the kids? Anyway, that's not the point. Then the host went to this place that sells diapers and interviewed this lady selling diapers. And then she just straightaway went to this brand (local brand i think) and then started talking about how great it is. And then we both saw the teeshirt which the salesperson was wearing(which was the diaper brand) and then both went Orrrrrrrhhhhhhh, no wonder. And had a good laugh.

I then asked ... this is such blatant advertising and seriously, are people so stupid to believe that? DH replied ... why not? Their mindset still belongs to 50s where everything that is advertised has to be good. I go into supermarket and I get locals staring at what I buy, see me put in the cart and they follow suit. Monkey see, monkey do. People just have this herd mentality here.

In Singapore, we have herd mentality too but we also make informed choices. I don't mix around with many locals in my social circle except the moms in Nat's classes. I find that they're still acceptable coz' they're the more educated lot and some of them are 海龟s. But I can understand what you mean by how superficial they can get by looking at appearances. I'm sure that if I didn't speak good english, no one would bother to wanna talk to me, given my dowdy dressing. LOL.

smalldream : Oh come on, dun be so hard on yourself lah, I mean she must have looked quite old or else knowing you ,you won't make this kind of mistake one.

Emo? Morbid? Welcome to the club! I mean I had already make some plans incase something happen to me. Seriously, staying overseas makes me like this. And now with Arwen, I cannot just hope nothing will ever happen to me. Like one saying, if you truly love someone, you must teach them to live without you.

Lamb: Yah, it is like these days I have no patience for them anymore. I mean, I am always very very forward looking and staying here, I find that I am not learning anything new but also struggle not to get suck back in time by these people. LOL.

Yes, I know the feeling of longing to go home and retire in SG. No matter how nice other countries are, it is not my home, not my roots. Dun think it is traditional but just very very natural process. I mean that is why we all want to give our kids a good childhood so they will have happy roots and they will always know who they are and where they come from. So they will never be lost. Look at the Palestinians, no matter how rich or successful they are in other parts of the world, most of them, they still rather have a place to call home and will kill and die for it. Cannot fight this feeling, this urge.

Lerynn really know how to pose ah...so cute...geraldine, u are preggy right?? how many wks now???

xyii is so sweet!!! nice smile!

jessie, back to celebrate CNY ah??? Nice!!!

The gals are all so pretty and sweet!

Jessie/lamb - So good to see both of you 'online' again. Talking about morbid, death and all, I have to agree that now that I am a mummy, I see things in a different way. Used to be those garung and don't care what the hell happen to me kind of attitude, but now that I have Bryan, I have to constantly remind myself that I am responsible for him. Nowadays, even when I cross the road, I will look left, look right an extra time or make sure I use overhead bridge or the pedestrian crossing, etc.

Jessie - I like your comment about 'if you truly love someone, you must teach them to live without you.' I have never taught about this point before, but it sure makes a lot of sense. Thinking about it, I really have to teach Bryan independence cos he is simply too sticky to me.

Wowow.. Long time never popped in here..

n is so nice to see all nice babies picture!!

or rather all toddlers pictures.. hahah

Time flies..

they are going to be 2 very soon.

Congrats to all mummies who have popped or going to have another one soon!

I am also trying to have another one too.

but in vain.. hahaha Is it really necessary to go back to the gynae anc check again?

M telling hubby.. last time despite we are on protection and we still can get Isaiah..

With no protection and we have nothing..

Maybe we should go on protection again. maybe we will get one by surprise! hahaha

M so envy of all toddlers here..

with good weight.. My skinny boy is so skinny that i went to see this Super Old PD at Mt Elizabeth.. he commented that i have not been feeding him well for the past 15months! Tsk Tsk!!

When Isaiah was 80cm tall he weigh 10kg.

Now he is around 86 to 87cm tall and he still weigh 10kg. height as 90percentile and Weight below 25percentile..

We are trying to change his diet now acccording to the PD's advice. But our maid at home always like to act smart.. ask her give milk n cereal.. so she add the milk in the cereal and prepare as 2-in-1 for him. Sighz.. She is also losing his patient of feeding him liao.. coz this boy can really take his own sweet time to finish his meal. n always likes to spit out when there are big pieces.

I guess most of your toddlers can eat our proper meal liao right.. Isaiah still feeling on his mushy porridge like a 6months old baby! He loves to act like a Baby now! Wants to shower like a baby.. Wants to be carry like a baby!

Teaching them to be independence..n treating them like a big boy liao. Guess this is what my hubby trying to do too.

Hubby will really just get him to pick up his toys and put back. n behaving himself.. but weird thing. only his Daddy can control him.

Look at Jessie's girl.. she is such a beauty..

also pretty pretty Shernise and the rest of girls.. So ENVY!!

I wanna have a girl soon too.

Megan> baby is 8 weeks old only... hais... cant wait to get past the 1st tri... MS is killing me man... It is very different from me having lerynn... some more i have been down with flu for more than a week... really no app to eat and cannot really puke out... xin ku ar...

geraldine, have you recover fm your flu?? actually vy fast one lah, wt a blink of eyes u may realise that you are in 3rd trimester liao...jiayu

mindy, jiayu...hope you strike soon!!!

Megan - Yea, Bryan started to look like me after turning 1 year and many people told me about it. I was jokingly telling hubby that we better don't have #2 cos if turn out #2 is a gal and look like him, I will faint.

Mindy - Try giving Isaiah more high fat food like full fat butter, cheese and milk and use them to cook as well? At least this is what I do when Bryan was undersize then as advise by a PD in KKH... She always tell me to add a little bit of fat here and there. I personally feel that maid tend to shortcut cos I see my mum's maid will stir all easy to swallow food into a bowl and feed my niece so she can quickly do other things after that too.

Nevertheless, JiaYou! Hope you get your #2 soon!

Geraldine - Take care!

Bigfoot - my PD did not advise on what kinda food to feed him at the moment.. just changing his diet plan.

Breakfast must finish by 8.30am. Cereal + 120ml milk + Fruit.

Lunch at 11.30am

Porridge + Fruits

Tea Break at 3pm

will be just 240ml milk.

Dinner at 6.30pm

Porridge + Fruits.

Strictly no snacks in between!

n this old PD guess he should be in his 70s liao..

so called "scolded" 3 of us.. Hubby, Myself and the maid. hahaha saying that we are spoiling this lil' brat. Isaiah is just like our commando! he call us to stand and we will stand.. he call us to sit and all of us will sit! like his men in army.

He warned us that we have to stop all this!!

Be firm with him.. n force him to brush his teeth twice a day! hahahaha

With this at plan.. this naughty boy was forced to wake up at 7am every morning and he will KO latest by 10.30pm! Yeah!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

bigfoot

wow, your boy can pose huh? so stylo

mindy

hope you strike soon. Sometimes, don't think about it let nature take its course will strike faster.

About food, I already give mine what we cook long ago, and I am one bad mummy to give unhealthy snacks all the time, because I am snack queen myself. she has eaten chips, fries, coke, sweets, chocolate, ice cream, cakes, biscuits, but still skinny leh. I have a whole stash of tidbits at home and work which i replenish often. But like what you remind me, must brush her teeth more often as we only brush hers at night. I remember my older kids had cavity when they were younger, and it was a headache to decide on the dental care. Most dentist say wait it out till they are older, but some will go under GA to do the procedure.

after I become a mummy, i also become more cautious about things. Like i stopped diving, and any desire to bungy jump. I also have morbid thoughts of crossing the road and kena bang and the box of cake just spilled on the road like broken dreams. Drama right? I also reviewed insurance plans, financial and savings comittments etc. To the extend of becoming boring to some (those without kids, or really capable women who can do everything still). But its important to find time for personal and couple growth other than kids matters, because in the long run when they become teens and adults, we have to find our own life.

Megan> No... still down from flu... haiz... got the metalic taste in my mouth... ya... hopefully time faster pass...

Mindy> Catch!!! I'm sprinkling some baby dust to you... heehee... Maybe just dun think about it... don't do 'IT' with that motive... heehee...

And i dun think Isaiah is that skinny ar... he has growth, just that he has growth in height instead of weight for the past months... just that brushing of teeth day & night is a must for them now... he is still a dashing little boy... hee...

Hi all, on way hm ald, tdy n ytd is like the earliest I left office for the whole of the past 2 weeks! Mindy, Ur boy is like my boy I tink face dun look thin but body very thin. But it's so hard to carry him now, arms wanna give way!

Furby, my boy is ald a couch potato, he eats chip n ice cream while we watch tv. He will scream his way if u refuse to share. Even cuttlefish.... It's so bad tat we had to hide fr him if we r snacking. I feed more on tidbits than on real food, tats y I look liddat! Haha!! Talking abt finding own life... My hb said I shld go out with my frens n dun be so sad n moody. Its nt tat I dun wan... It's tat my frens r so bz at wk n since we all start family, they wld rather spend time with their kids/ hubbies.... Men dun tink the same way as women...

geraldine>congrats! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mindy>maybe relax and don't be stressed about having #2? I only "strike" when I decided not to have #2. think more relax cos no longer trying then i kena.

u not giving isaiah any rice or more solid food?

lamb/jessie>interesting thoughts you have. somehow I don't feel that kind of attachment to Singapore but then I've not been away for long. Might change after a few years. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

TGIF!!

This thread really lots of pretty babes and handsome dudes hahahahaha

Mindy, think you should give him solid food. I think u can let him have some cheese or yogurt with fruits in between.. We usually rotate between rice, porridge, udon, ban mien, macaroni so guess u might wanna try and see if Isaiah likes it...

firipy

yes with kids esp when they are young its really busy. After work, I go home for my 2nd shift, supervising the kids. At night if they are ill, its the 3rd shift. Weekends is filled with family activity, so difficult to find personal time. that's why the only personal time is when I take leave from work, have tea with friends and loiter in the malls, sometimes by myself. Or take up a hobby class. Also try to commit a time with hubby on regular basis to go paktor. It's not easy may take a few years, and pockets of time here and there, but think it's impt to mummy's well being.

Ya mindy, agreed with the rest of the mummies, shd give isaiah more choice of solid food. HW takes rice, porridge, mee sua, macaroni and diff kind of pasta. My maid DIY the spaghetti sauce, make fresh tomato puree.

jessie - What a depressing few days of rain. Hhahaa. Hopefully Mr Sun will be out during the weekend. Really wanna take Nat and DH out instead of turning mouldy at home. You fan of hairy crabs? Wanna go to the restaurant to eat, too lazy to prepare it on my own. I watched on tv, some even will deshell everything nicely for you. See already also salivate. Hhahaa.

bigfoot - Bryan looks so cute with Mickey over there. Yeah, been busy so haven't been online for a while. Nat at home, she tends to want my attention, so I'll have to keep her company. I only have her nap times or nite time to get online also.

mindy,

Wah ... Isaiah looks like one of those korean boy models posing for fashion. Hhehehe. He seems of an okay weight to me leh. Toddlers are so active, very hard to make them fat like when they were babies. The mommies are right, give him more fatty stuff. Full fat yoghurt, use butter to cook, more carbs like noodles, rice etc.

And protein is also important for them to grow. Frankly, Nat hasn't reached 11 and I am not too worried about it. She seems to be eating well and enough. And is energetic, so I leave her be. Toddler feeding is not easy. They get restless having to sit down for a period of time just to eat.

And they also get fussy with food. So it can be a really stressful journey if you wanna fatten him up. As for ttc-ing, can understand that it gets stressful. When DH and I were trying for Nat, it was also stressful. But after we've had her, we don't feel too much stress upon ourselves because we've experienced the joy of parenting. No stress to wanna have a 2nd one.

Maybe with that kinda mindset, it's easier. Enjoy the baby-making process more than treating it like a task. And it might just happen! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Furby> ya, i think mummy really very wei da.. after a long day at work, still gotta take on 2nd and 3rd shift. Though helper offer but i think i rather 'xin ku yi dian' cause am worried feifei gets too close to her.. hahaha..

Little lamb> i hate feeding too! It makes me lose my patience

wow pretty girls ... *whee whee*

i am maidless now, so angry that i fired her ... she is killing me ... Megan, u r always lucky to have a good maid ...

ooo jessie is coming back for holiday [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]welcome welcome [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yap , lamb, am sick for the 3rd day with viral flu. Very fierce this time, got fever and all and literally have to rest in bed! Got to take care of Arwen with a mask on. Lucky she did not bother to tear off the mask nor was she scare by it. Did not ask nanny to work weekends as too stubborn to admit I , SUPERJESSIE would be so stricken by a mere FLU! I suspect this virus is what Arwen kana last year, not the usual one, more resistance.

Poor Arwen wondering why mummy did not sing / read to her these two nights and also did not sleep with her or kiss her. Haiz.. so scare to spread to her, I am sleeping in the other room.

Dolpin, yah, can't wait!!! Miss home so much, I want to just got to kopitiam and enjoy a cup of kopi first .

Eh Jessie!

You better now or not? Got meds by your side I hope? Speaking about flu, brought Nat to paed on Friday. She ah ... kenah something on her eyelid. Beginning, thot it was mozzie bite, then I see, eh, not right, no insect bite bump.

Then upon further examination, saw a bump on eyelid. Though cham ... issit sty ... so brought her to paed on 3rd day. Then paed examined very closely, doesn't think it's sty. She asked if Nat had runny nose recently. I said yes on and off. I gave zyrtec for a while and stopped.

Then she shared with me that it could've been mucus that was stuck on the top of her nose that couldn't be expelled via throat or nose that hit the eyes! First time I hear this kinda thing (even afterwards I told DH, he also find it weird) but she kinda made sense. So anyway, came home, gave her eye drops and the 'bump' kinda came off as crust this morning. So I dunno if it was mucus dried up as bump on her eyelid or what. But her eyelid was swollen for a day lor. Over here ... all sorts of weird things happen hor.

Back in Singapore, our ailments seem more common. Like the other time, almost suspected kawasaki. I guess given the international environment we're in, we're exposed to all sorts of different bugs in the air. Paed also asked me to consider giving Nat the flu vaccine if she didn't take hers last year. She said even more so since she has started attending classes. But honestly, I really hate having to vaccine her against so many things leh.

Would rather let her build natural immunity. Plus I really hate to have to deal with side effects of the vaccine where they get so cranky and it's not even 100% vaccined against lor. Are you letting Arwen take flu vaccine? Get well soon ok!

Lamb : I got my own pharmacy , LOL. Last night was so bad , high fever then chills and suddenly very cold. Wahliao, I feel like a kid siah. Now better, hope tonight will be en easy night! At least when I am better, my immune system can considered upgrade liao. LOL.

Nope, not letting Arwen have any flu vaccine. Seriously, I prefer to let her build her own immunity cos every 6 months the virus evolved, if give her, her body will later be dependent on vaccination.

So bizarre eh,..snot until the eyes got bumps? MUAHAHAHA Nat funnny lah.

Mindy - I think Bryan is consuming double of what Isaiah is taking. He snacks a lot especially on weekends, and it's to the extend that sometimes I try to cut.

Bryan's meal routines (on weekdays) are as below:

Anytime between 6 - 7.30am: Milk of about 150ml

Breakfast between 8.30 to 8.45 am. Items will be dependent on what the childcare offers.

Lunch (dependent on what childcare offers) plus apples at 11+am.

Milk about 150ml at about 12.30pm.

Tea break (dependent on what childcare offers)at about 3.30pm.

Sometimes he gets biscuit or bread at 5+pm when he ask teachers for food.

Dinner is at 6.45 to 7pm. This will be frozen solutions that I prepare in advance. Typically about 180ml of potato, rice or pasta + fish/meat and veg.

Milk of about 150 ml again at about 8.45 pm. For this, he may sometimes leave behind 50ml.

Then, depending on his mood and his day's activity, he will sometimes ask for 150 ml milk between 12.30 to 1am.

On weekends, his lunch will be later as he would sometimes snack while we have breakfast and the mid-day milk is swopped to late afternoon or exchanged with a small bread.

Lamb - Bryan was hit with the problem of the mucous to the eye some time ago too, but in a mild version whereby I could see a fair bit of discharge from his eyes, but thankfully wasn't to a bump. I myself encountered similar situations like Bryan's too.

Jessie - Take care! The weather is simply cranky even back in SG; alternating between cold rainy weather and super hot humid days. I am also constantly down with flu cum sinus that even my GP gives up. It's like taking turns non-stop. Irritating to the max.

jessie,

Oh no ....... hope you're recovering already. I've gotten really bad flu before so I know how it is like. Shud be ok this winter for you since you kenah so jialat already. HHhahahaha. Seems like a lot of my friends are not letting their kiddos take flu vaccine. Yah lah, I told everyone about what happened to her eye and they all went HUH?

Good thing is that it's ok now. Just didn't want it to develop into something that I cannot manage, then cham.

Furby - No lah, Bryan doesn't know how to pose. The pix was taken by hubby at that instance when he stood in that angle.

Furby/firipy - I am so afraid that Bryan will want to snack on junk food cos he tends to receive a lot of all these from school, but so far I am glad that he is not a fan of french fries and he still don't really understand the concept of candies. However, for cold drinks and cakes, he tend to go crazy over them and yes, I have to hide from him too.

Lamb - Just saw what you wrote about tods and food fussiness. Yes, they are a real headache. Nevertheless, I just happened to come across this website http://familyfun.go.com/ (if you have not seen it yet). It provides pretty interesting recipes and craft work for children of different ages. I also like this site (which one mummy shared before) http://food-4tots.com/ and I tend to modify the ideas to the ingredients I have at home.

bigfoot,

Wah, Bryan seems to eat a lot leh. Hhahhaa. But maybe boys and gals eat differently. Nat still has 3 milk feeds a day and I usually give her a bigger portion for lunch than dinner. But for dinner, she'll still have cheese and fruits in addition. Nat is not a fruit lover at all.

Bought her the big aussie mango yesterday and she ate one teeny weeny bit! She by far only eats golden kiwi and strawberries, which are so seasonal!! I'm just curious when you guys offer veggies to your LOs, what kinda veggies do you all give? And how do you usually prepare those green veggies? Just stir fry? Any other condiments or ingredients together?

Back