(2010/01) January 2010 mtb

Manunited

hey how's the reno coming along? My contractor has just called to inform the drawn out plan is ready. Really wish we could start ASAP but i'm forever chasing hubby to get things done.

TYL

I am thinking of getting the cubes, but a few weeks ago I purchased a really tiny lock&lock container which can be frozen & microwaved too. I put some pumpkin in it. But at $2+ each, it's quite ex leh.

Cheerieheart

would a sippy cup that Kenan can gnaw on help? Perhaps he can get some water into his mouth too...

Morning mummies.....

Jessie> Wow, love looking at Arwen's pictures....Yeah, agree with mummies that she looks like baby model leh....

All along, I thought you knew that France gives free education till uni coz one of my close girlfriends also married a French and she had shared these with me.

Am surely looking forward to your next TB spree. Any spree you can do from France? hehe! When will you be heading back to SH?

manunited> Thanks for your compliments on Lucas. This lazy mummy hasn't been posting updated pictures of Lucas on FB and here coz no time....hehe!

cheerieheart> Lucas also hates plain water but need to feed him as he is fully on FM now and finally started porridge yesterday. My SIL told me yesterday that she cooked pumpkin porridge for him and he really liked it alot. Hmmm...the only thing is that she replaced 2 milk feeds with the porridge leh. He used to have 4/5 milk feeds in a day but yesterday only drank 3 times nia with 2 feeds of porridge.

smalldreams - my reno will officially start tomorrow!!!! hacking work..thereafter they can slowly do cos chinese 7th mth coming so wan to start before then...

But we haven see the 3D drawings yet...will meet them tomorrow also...this ID is a friend of my hubby..so we just leave to him everythg...

When u starting yours? Who is your contractor? When u plan to move in?

Luvbabe

can you share with me how the pumpkin porridge is cooked? Can I just add the pumpkin into the plain rice porridge?

At what age can the solids start replacing the milk feed uh?

And ouh, how's little Lucas? He's so cute. Making some funny sounds last monday when we saw him. Definitely more well behaved compared to my adam.

manunited

If possible I'd love to move in during the fasting month coz hubby working so late, so I can just walk over from my mom's house at night...haizz... (wishful).

I think i also have to hack a bit coz no space to put a wardrobe in my MBR. layout very weird lor. I'm so envious, my neighbour next door already put flooring. My neighbour downstairs - the house is ready - got fish tank some more!

Good morning mummies!

Arwen is so so so so so sweeeeeet!

TYL: your boy KO at ard 9ish??? *envy*

Cheerieheart:I introduce water to Caleb lately too. He doesn't want too...so I dilute my ebm with water and give it to him...slowly over time, the water part is more than ebm. I think it's the taste they are used to it.

Afann: Saw your note on transfer maid. My previous one is a transferred one. You pay a package price(varies for each agency) + their upfront 8-10mths salary +insurance...like the way you pay for a new maid but you don't have to pay for examination fee. You can ask the agency to include the 1st check-up medical costs too as they need to be assessed every 6 mths. The only crocks is that you get to choose and interview them on the spot and have to find out why they are being let go by the previous employer. Hope it helps.

Last night, sent my kids to IL's place and my MIL happened to say that this year lunar 7th month is very 'xiong', not sure what it means? I shouldn't bring kids out late at night? Then I can escape visiting her for 1 month? ahhaha

Jessie -- The latest pics of Arwen are really lovely! So sweet of your inlaws to have kept your DH's high chair all these years. Which reminds me, my mom also kept some of my old baby clothes, some of which are surprisingly still in good condition .... maybe I should let Ashley wear them and take some photos hahahaha.

Firpy -- Wah you have so much free time as a SAHM?? I'm envious!! In the day, my scheduled is quite packed taking care of the babies and the pockets of free time are used to express bm, read newspapers, have lunch and take my afternoon nap. But once they are in bed at 8pm, thats when I am truely free. On the nights that I'm not preparing puree to freeze, I'll watch tv, read a book, bake cupcakes or go out of the house for awhile just to walk walk outside even if it means walking around the supermarket!

Jessie : Arwen looks so cute & pretty ! Simply love seeing her pics everytime. U shld take part in some mother bb photo-taking for magazine....[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Btw, in her 1st pic, isnt that the same dark pink headband with fake hair that I wanting to buy ? But mine that I received is in dark pink lace wan leh ? Thought u mention no cotton ? Yrs look like cotton leh ? Fr same supplier, right ?

I tried putting on the 2 lace headbands on my bb yest nite but seems she dun really like lace as she will try to pull them....[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]....think must look for cotton wan or other hat/caps/headbands for her again....;p

Jessie : woh, the high chair kept for 32yrs & still in such gd condition ?

I can see yr PIL loves & cares for arwen alot.

So, u still in france or back to SH now ?

smalldreams> haha....I think the Japanese pumpkin are really sweet....Hmmm....Actually, it was my SIL who cooks the porridge leh. Anyway, I cooked that before for Luis few years ago. Let me recall, I think she just steamed the pumpkin, start cooking the porridge first, then put in the pumpkin last. Think she also mentioned that she added a pc of meat (just for flavouring) but did not feed Lucas the meat tho. Otherwise, you can boil ikan bilis in water and use the water to boil the porridge, it will taste equally delicious....

Hope this helps....

You mean Luis is making funny sounds and funny faces, right? Didn't bring Lucas that day leh....hehe. yeah, agree that Luis is usually more sensible and well-behaved (especially in front of mummy's friends or strangers)

luvbabe>how come reduce milk feeds? I thought milk still their main source of nutrients now?

Luis is always a dear. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

smalldreams/manunited>wah, so exciting your house reno starting. Mine just finishing. :p spend 4K+ last sat furniture shopping. But at least got most of the stuff we need le.

steph>yes, ayden normally sleeps around 9+. I'll latch him to sleep lor. recently, I'm so tired after he sleeps, that I also just roll over and sleep. :p

water>actually, we add water into the bowl that we use for feeding. So the water can 'mop' up the rest of the puree/porridge and will have a bit of taste. maybe mommies having difficulty feeding water to their bbs want to try this? We spoon the water into his mouth.

chameleon>peifu you wor! On the days when I play SAHM (ie my maternity leave days), I'm too exhausted to do anything except nua when ayden sleeps. Baking and going for walk is the last thing on my mind.

so, when can try your cupcakes? :p

jessie,

arwen is a "chio bu" bb =p thou u post her sam seng pics...

step,

I read frm the chn newspaper tis yr "tiger" very xiong 7th mth..i also scare will chong tat kind of things...anyway, my sch term starting so better for me to rest at home and visit her during dinner or full days off

TYL

Nice new beginning [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Does Ayden have his own baby room?

Luvbabe

Thanks, ouhkie I shall try cooking that for Aifah. She loves rice porridge with carrot. Ate and ate. But I realise her poop is rather orangey leh ... like never digest liddat.

Firipy

I think 1st time mummies sure a bit nervous about taking care of baby yourself. But you'll gain confidence over time.

Personally, if I'm alone with the kids, I'll try to get ready first. As in, i shower & do whatever i need to do first. Then I'll be ready to deal with them. Shower them, feed them etc.

If you've got an exersaucer, you can prop Ayden in it while you do some simple cooking. Or if he can crawl, make sure he's on a cushioned bumper mat in case he topples over. When he sleeps, you rest or do your things lor. Don't worry if he cries a bit while you're doing things. But on bad days when A clings on to me, I'll just carry her while I go about doing things. I can only rest when she sleeps. You sure can do it one.

All the best! Sometimes it's good to be on your own coz it really lets you gain a lot of confidence in mummy-ing babies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Smalldreams/Tam L/TYL/luvbabe/Steph: Thank God my boy is not the only one who doesn’t like water. But it’s so impt for them. I tried bottle then sippy cup yday, he spilled so much water. Will try using spoon today like TYL does.

Yesterday at the weaning talk, Mrs Wong says the recommended amount of liquid (including milk) is 150ml for every kg of body weight. If my boy is 7kg and that means total of 1050ml/day. If drinks 150ml milk x 5 feeds a day (total 750ml), he still needs to drink 300ml of plain water! Gosh, how to drink so much! (or did I do a wrong calculation??)

Jessie: Arwen looks so sweet! All her relatives in France must be adoring her to bits!!! France has free education, so good! But it’s true, Europe’s taxes are high, and that’s why many of them end up rather not work and take assistance from govt (I know, coz some of my relatives there are like that, plus jobs are getting scarce). But guess that’s partly why Europe’s economy is trouble now.

Your in-laws so sentimental, kept highchair for so long!! Imagine if next time my grandchildren inherit my son’s highchair... awwww, so sweet.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I’ll try your method and put the juices from steamed fruits into water. But must slowly wean from it also right? So that they can eventually take plain water.

My boy not sleeping well the last 2 nites again. He always doze off on my breast during the last feed of the night. Then if I wake him up, he refuses to sleep already! But I dun want to make it a habit of him falling asleep during feeding. But he doesn’t have prob during day naps. But I think what you shared sounds so true. Maybe I’ll try to feed him a bit earlier, then let him slowly wind down with minimal activity then put in his cot and see if he can sleep better that way.

Qn for SAHMs - do you let your LOs play on their own? Do you always have to be within their sight or even to play with them? My boy doesn't wanna play alone these days. Is getting more & more stick/cranky. Separation anxiety? Teething? Last 2 days, he even bit my nipples so hard during feeding, i screamed out in pain. Then he got a shock n cried *faint*

Lsntyl-Where is your new place (did not read the old posts)? Everythg done up already? When u moving in? Going to burn a hole in the pocket after the reno and buying furniture!

So far we only bou the sofa, hob, fridge..the rest we knw roughly what we getting and the pricings so just waiting for reno 1st then get them...

TYL> Dunno why lah...her methods and mine usually clashes one. She usually don't like to overfeed babies and kept saying that Lucas prefers sleeping to drinking milk lor. Think it is probably because Lucas usually fusses before milk time, that's why they didn't feed him milk lor.

smalldreams> You probably have to cook till the pumpkin totally melts into the porridge. End result is orangy porridge but taste yummy!

smalldreams>yes, ayden has its own room. Its v yellow! cos it seems to be his fav colour. V bright during daytime and yellow during nite as hubby chose a warm light for him. :p

manunited>my place is at bedok. reno not completed yet but finally moving faster so should b done b4 7th month.

koonie>what does it mean xiong month arh?

cheerieheart>good luck with the water! when ayden bit me during feeding, I will pinch his nose or his ear and tell him no biting. He hasn't done it in a while le. Hopefully, he has learnt not to...

cheerieheart> Lucas can never be on his own except in the morning when he slept well overnight and woke up in the cot. That's when he could play and entertain himself for a good 15-20mins or so before calling out for people. Otherwise, during the day, he would usually need someone to play with him and entertain him when he is not sleeping or drinking milk. Think, he sleeps a total of 3 naps now during the day and he is more awake and always wanting to play.

Luckily, usually by 830pm or latest 9pm +/-, he would sleep liao. Thereafter, I will then have to settle my elder one - Luis.

firipy, thanks.

now with so many mummies sharing their schedule, you can think how you want to do yours. Importantly, to be flexible and adjust along the way. You will gain confidence as time passes. Best is, no ILs to comment this or that. You Sure can do it. All the best.

jessie

arwen is such a pretty and contented baby..

Thanks everyone for sharing, tink I must wk ard to suit bb schedule. Needs to see hws the routine like when it's me n him.

koonie: you have your studies to keep u busy, also a perfect excuse to use for not visiting them often :p

Cheerieheart: I believe Kenan is teething soon. Caleb would do the same and I snapped his ears lightly with a firm 'NO' when I latched him.

TYL: I like the way you described in handling your LO. So composed and in control. My boy doesn't really listen to me even if I tell him 'NO'. sigh!

Anyone can share on how to readjust bb schedules? My boy is so used to having a nap from 7pm-8pm after his milk thus his next sleeping time will be 11pm for even 12am! Attempted to change his timing so that I can have more 'ME' time after 9pm but he gets super cranky and insist on sleeping even he's deliberately propped up! Or else we have to entertain him until we got tired too.

arwen is really pretty and cute!! France has such good benefits hor.. btw can any mummies teach me how to upload photos eh? try many times but fail..

my son is also shouting and screaming alot these days and super loud man! when he was a newborn, many ppl comment he cry so soft one, like so gentle, now aiyo, machiam like hooligan liao!

he always chut new pattern to stun us one. anyway my son got his own routine, i never really set 1 on him, just that when he changes it, i just follow along. as for playing, sometimes when i leave him on the playmat, he can entertain himself or i also lie there with him and play or talk or sing songs to him. when i need to do things, i will propped him in the bumbo or highchair with some toys to entertain him..

Steph, my boy used to sleep ard 10pm too.

But recently we decided to just move his entire bedtime routine forward.

So about 7 plus he gets his evening bath, read followed by milk. So he's asleep at about 8pm.

Both my kids sleep ard that time so it's tv time for me after that.

I'm certainly not as energetic as chameleon. Haha.

But I try to slot in time to do my own things during their nap time.

Firipy, I don't have a fixed routine for Shane. Coz need to manage e older one plus play her chauffeur on some days. We also set aside an outdoor day where I will bring them to the park or zoo, etc and we spend the whole afternoon there.

Steph : my bb will start becoming cranky after 8pm & also hv habit of having short 10-30mins catnap at ard 8.30pm & thus his next sleeping time is ard 9.30-10pm (or once a while after 10pm). Afterwhich she will wake up for some milk ard 1-2am....[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]....& recently she will start making noise/kicking/slamming her legs after 4am & I'll gv her pacifier & she'll sure wake up at 7am !

How to adjust/change her schedule, experienced mummies ?

Now that she is 7mths still cant sleep thruout the nite ?

Tyl, wa congrats your house is almost done. So exciting, when is the big move in?

Jessie, arwen is so cute and the photos r so well taken. Agree with the rest, I am sure she will win any baby contest that comes along. R u using dslr? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Thanks for sharing the amount of liquids a baby should take. Dun think my baby drinks so much leh. But then maybe the ebm mixed into cereals also count. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

cheerieheart, my bb Isaiah dont like to drink water too.. He prefers panadol over plain water.. that time after his jab n he was having slight fever.. feeding him the panadol.. he can have it without any problem.. once i use the syringe to feed him water.. immediately he spit out the water and cry.. try again.. he just refuse to swallow and cry then choke..

Everytime.. after each feed i will just used the spoon to feed him water.. just keep feeding him and m sure he is able take in some.. But after each feed.. his bib will be all wet liao..

I even add Baby's apple juice or Pear juice.. He don't like it also.. haiz.. How?

pauline>no date set yet. hubby starting reservist tomorrow so will continue to stay at my mom's until he finishes. furniture also only arriving in late aug. :p

steph>where got cool? you should hear me yell everytime he bit me. :p

TYL

So nice! Can deco his room with playmat, baby toys [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] And of course, a lovely bookshelf..hehehe...

manunited

If yr house is ready, can i go visit? to have a look at yr reno (haahha self invite).

I bought baby yoghurt during lunch time today, also bot spinach & organic broccoli, lol. So damn aunty lor, carry NTUC bags into office. Bo pian, no time to go market esp working whole day this saturday too.

cheerieheart : mmmm....I was told by doc at KKH that based on bb weight then X 100mg/kg will be the amt of milk bb shld take (+/- a little is ok).

So if yr bb is 7kg, then he/she shld take abt +/- 700ml milk.

Dun think bb can take 1050ml so much fluid per day ?....;p

Cheerieheart, don't be stressed abt e water or milk intake.

My PD says for their age, milk intake is about 500-600ml.

My boy takes between 200-240 ml x 5 times and almost negligible water. I've not been successful with bottle or sippy cups. But my hubby fed him water with cups n he love it. So I stick to that.

As for salmon, I used to give it to summer, cooked with carrots and tomatoes and some cheese. Think she was abt 9 mos. It was those chucky type so she gets to chew.

Good to start on veg as well. When they are not yet picky eaters. I started my gal when she started semi solids, now at 2, she does not have any prob with the greens. I see alot of kids in my family with e greens prob.

Tyl, never mind, sept move in also good, avoid the seventh month. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Smalldreams, yeah. But I hope to let them sleep at 7pm.

My mom doesn't like e idea of them sleeping so easy though. Haha but luckily I'm their main caregiver.

Did you buy baby yoplait?

I find e tubs way too big for babies.

The kids version on e other hand are smaller n seems more yummy.

I read Annabel karmel n she suggested giving natural full fats yogurt n then add fruits if u want. I will ask PD abt it during his next vaccine.

cheerieheart> i think what the doc at KKH said to mstan may be more accurate cos now with semi solids already not just milk, at least i googled it and that's what i realise cos my girl now auto drinking less so i wanted to make sure it was ok. i instill playpen time cos as a SAHM, i have to do routine and teach independence if not i sure die, so she learns to be alone during playpen time. i'm not v pro attachment parenting as u can see. haha cos i think for myself that i need sanity. i like tracy hoggs style more, cos like more balanced. my girl doesn't like water very much too but i'm not going to fight that battle with her. i'm choosing my hills to die on, currently now, i plan to fight her shouting and blowing bubbles while eating, understanding the word "No". v tiring liao =p

vanillaberry> haha it's detailed cos my fren ask me to tell her what i do with baby also lor so i had to type. but anyway, i don't follow strictly to it, sometimes do flashcards, sometimes don't. haha so on so forth.

shouting> my girl is v good at shouting now whether happy or not. today i "taught" her not to lift up the playmat by the side and she kept trying and insisting to do it. i said "No" and swat her hand lightly, she sit there and shout and scream like v unhappy! haha. think they are getting cleverer liao!

chameleon> how about we meet up after 8pm for some icecream or drinks nearby one week day?

steph> does ur LO take a nap ard 5 to 7pm? sleep thru the night yet?

arwen> ur girl is really really pretty and adorable!!

smalldreams>how come you not interested in visiting my place? :p

hee, just joking hor. haven't decorated his room yet. guess will slowly do it up.

can take bb yoghurt already? we were looking at it in NTUC but couldn't decide whether to buy. scared too cold for him.

Pauline>ya, prob moving in after 7th month. too comfy at my mom's. :p

Tyl, baby yoplait is for babies 6 mos n above. I think it's ok to give. I feed direct after taking it out from fridge. Don't open n leave it ard or wait for it to lose it's coldness. Because it's yogurt, nasty bacteria will cultivate quickly.

Summer's mama

Baby yoplait is another version. This one is even smaller - each tub is slightly bigger than a baby cube. I hope she likes it. Shall try out sometime soon.

melissa

I'm pro attachment parenting but I'm also pro-sanity for mommy. So sometimes I put her in the playpen / cot. On good days she'll be very happy inside there, eventually pulling herself up to stand. Phew.

TYL

Lol.. you live in bedok mah... manunited & I are in the same estate - only 2 blocks apart [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

smalldreams - No prob..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] but guess will only complete maybe in late aug or mid sep cos told the contractor we not hurry to move in so can reno slowly...I also want to visit your unit!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Did u go visit others' units? we did at blk 2A, 2B and 2C...some show flats....some done up ok, some workmanship not that good.

smalldreams>ohh, so nice! your bbs can be friends. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

what is the brand you bought arh?

summer's mama>ya, was looking at bb yoplait. but tub looked a bit big so didn't get it. donno if he can finish or not.

Oh there's bb yogurt at ntuc? I m so excited! Fil had been attempting to feed ice cream n I m petrified cos Ayden just recovered fr cough n flu etc.... Tink I shld put yogurt at their plc n tell them wanna feed dessert pls use this

manunited

sure you can visit mine once it's ready, hehehe...wonder if it'll be ready by hari raya..haiz.. i did visit some flats, okay lah..some people even moved in liao. hang towel to dry... etc... they must've been fast!

TYL

this is the baby yoghurt that I bot @ntuc just now.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4299877.jpg]

geraldine>hee, glad to help. saw sherry using her bb cube on mon. looks useful for purees. have fun with them.

smalldreams>that's what I saw at NTUC too. But isn't that bb yoplait?

can I visit your place too? :p

LSnTYL (lsntyl)

I just bought 2 trays from them too.. hahaha

was looking for it n saw ur posting.. as m going for company trip for few days n gonna prepare in advance for my hubby.. so that it will be easier for him to prepare feed for bb..

But how u guys defroze the cube?

Smalldreams,

is bb yougurt very sour too??

Isaiah hates sour stuff and i guess he thinks that sour stuff is POISON!! i bought the organix pudding for him.. "apple & Strawbeery" he eat it like poison and my sister still force him to eat.. so he purposely cough n cough n puke everything out including his previous feed!! Gosh.. always like to do that one wor..

Guess, you will have a open house for us at ur place already.. keke

What other ingredients u all use for ur babies?

Isaiah only eat apple, pumpkin, broccoli, carrot, sweet potatoe, potato only.. what else can i add??

Avocado,Pear and Banana is Poison to him.

Hi mummies,

Baby yoghurt: I tried giving him some yoghurt which I bought, but it was too sour and Z spit it out and made a face. How is the baby yoplait? Realized that Z doesn't like sour stuff.

Jessie: Arwen is SSSOOOOO cute!!! She'll grow up to be a heartbreaker! Love her pictures!

Water: Z won't drink water also... can join the dislike-water club. but if I give some to him in a cup, he'll happily slurp it up. That's the only way he'll drink. if it's in a bottle, then forget it.

melissa/mstan/summer'sMama: my boy can sleep thru the night from ard 12ish to 8ish...sometimes 9 the next morning. I think it's becos we wanted him to not disturb us in the middle of the night that's y we stretched his sleeping pattern that late previously and now it has become a habit. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Wonder how to correct it now.

He would nap ard 7pm after his evening milk. If we get him to sleep earlier, he will then wake up in the middle of the night with 2 'gor-li' staring and cooing away. Sometimes, I would pat him until I dozed off! :p

On a separate note, most of your LOs drinking at 200ml+ each feed? Mine will push out the teats after 140ml at max!

Back