(2010/01) January 2010 mtb

prayinghard: *big hugs* im in sydney, no family here as well. just my hub and son. so must come in here and tok with us, keep your spirits up up UP!!

claypot chicken rice???

i'm going to 'hate' you gals in SG...really making me crave for SG food! One more month before I can satisfy my cravings. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Hopefully this baby will be guai not not drool so much as according to the superstition because I didn't get to eat my cravings immediately.

emmie,

sian but again no money so cannot anyhow run, plus i put on alot of weight.

peachy,

they are mostly women, but bosses all not kids, its choosen not to have kids, they feel that people who keep giving birth are like pigs.

sherry,

good that you have caring colleagues!

toto

you worked in a scary place

peachy

yes yes yes! that's what i heard. interested? shopping bags can put at the bottom wat. there's a big bag

thats the thing about female bosses...somehow those who choose not to get married or not to have kids have this terrible bias against those who do.

bb#2: the bottom looks reallie small. nah..i already have a peg perego from #1, not intending to buy another

emmie: my son is 27mths old, how old is yours?

peachy,

abt the same, my son is 29 months.

emmie,

u are so right! but however i also met bosses who are super nice. just that particular group not so nice. everyday fear, no special treatment because, " u are pregnant not sick " so still work as per norm

Sherry,

yea, i will try to...thanxs ...7 days more to go till my next scan... breathe, breathe, breathe!! ;-D

baby no.2,

is that right?? actually i hv got no idea...i didnt dare to dream that far as yet ... but i heard my neighbour said that their baby pram was like €50 which is ab 100SG ...so is that half price?? how much is it in SG??

Peachy,

thanxs ...yea, it's a bit tough to be alone in a foreign land!! luckily for u, u hv got at least some expereince from yr fist son liao...am still a greenhorn! ...Let's all kambatte! =)

prayinghard: gambatte! =)

are u going to stay in germany to give birth to bb or spore?

OO..S$100?! thk stokke cost almost S$1000 in spore rite?

peachy/praying hard

a stokke cost $2k in singapore

if you find anything cheaper, ship it to me, add your handling cost, and we'll both be better off [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

*faint* 2k for a stokke? will go google this stokke to see why it's worth so much.

i will need to get another stroller...hoping to buy it 2nd-hand though. :p

peachy, my boy is almost 4. So I can't rem what happened already. I can't even carry a friend's 3mthsold baby. Almost as greenhorn as prayinghard.

tototan, so are you back to the workforce?

baby #2,

oops, sorry did i misunderstand something?? Is "stokke" the brand of the pram or something?? If so, then i really hv no idea...sorry for the mis-information...i only know a baby pram cost ab €50 here, am not sure what brand though...i havent quite check on that as yet ...let me pass my 7days wait first! ;-D

Peachy,

I think it's v likely to be in Germany ba...at least i think that's what the dad would like?! We havent quite discuss that either coz we didnt dare to think so far ahead...i hope we can see the bb's heartbeat by next scan & i think by then, we would hv more mood to think further ahead...now, we are really "zhan zhan jing jing" (sorry, my han yu ping yin might sucks!...am trying to say we are kinda standing with shakey legs!) Dont dare to think too much as yet! :-/

Emmie,

if u are the greenhorn, then i would hv to be the greenerhorn... lol ;-D

prayinghard

one thing at a time, jia you!

we are here for you [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

have a great weekend

baby #2,

thanxs =) ...it's really great to find u gals in a support group like this...i was still worried that some gals could be bitchy...lol ...u hv a great weekend too..

to the rest of the ladies,

hv a great weekend as well =)

Hi everyone, if you are interested to know what's the norm for fetal heartbeats at various stages, see: http://www.fetalsure.com/fetal-heart.html

SUMMARY:

Week 5 starts at 80 and ends at 103 bpm

Week 6 starts at 103 and ends at 126 bpm

Week 7 starts at 126 and ends at 149 bpm

Week 8 starts at 149 and ends at 172 bpm

At week 9 the fetal heartbeat tends to beat within a range of 155 to 195 bpm.

The fetal heart rate will begin to decrease and generally will fall within the range of 120 to 160 bpm by week 12.

There's also an old wives' tale on gender prediction based on rate of heartbeat. Above 140 bpm = girl, below 140 bpm = boy. Maybe experienced mummies can comment if it was true for your babies?

prayinghard>hugs. Try not to worry too much. Not good for bb. That's what i tell myself everyday. I'm sure your bb is well and his/her heartbeat will be beating strongly for you to see at your next scan. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

C.Yang>wah, really? First time I heard of this. Will ask my gynae when I see him

C.Yang,

thanxs for the summary...but by week 5 can see heartbeat liao meh? does it apply to everyone or??

Lsntyl,

thanxs =) ...i hope so too!! *pray pray pray* How many weeks are u at?? sorry, too many people, i couldnt quite keep track! =) Could u share with me what can u see during week 5?? I can only see the sac measuring 7mm during my 5W2D

Hi all, I'm new in this forum.. 1st time mummy... at 8th weeks.

Seeking some advice as I have been constantly sick for the past 2 weeks... gastric pain, throat infection, flu, cough, fever, sore throat... so taking loads of medicine, but prescribed by GP.

Is this bad for the baby cos I heard some friends said that should try to avoid taking medicine? Does anyone have such issue?

My first scan at about 5 weeks showed only a sac too. No heartbeat was detected by the machine. I think 5th week is still the very early stage, gynae can't check much, except on how you are feeling, your medical history and the position of the sac. She didn't give me the measurement of the sac.

My second scan was 2 days back at 8W6D, saw the heart galloping at 172 bpm. Next visit, just ask the sonographer about the rate cos all she has to do is click to another screen and the baby's heart rate is auto calculated and showed on the system .

hi Elynn,

yr GP knows that u are preggie, i reckon? Then it shouldnt be a problem...i think it's better to make sure the infection & fever goes away than let it stay...it wouldnt do the bb good either if u are having fever & infection ...now the best thing to do is to get plenty of rest & get well real soon ...& make sure u take yr folic acid & maybe some maternal vitamins to help u stay in the pink of health =) ... Dont worry too much yea...get well soon!

Hi C.Yang,

thanxs much for the information...i feel much more reassured knowing that am not the only one to see juz the sac at week 5! *whew* ...am seeing my gynae next fri ...around 6W+ ..not sure if that's still too early or not??...wonder if i should postpone the appointment to at least week 7 or so ...but then again, i dont think i can tahan that long a wait!! ;-D How did u tahan the differences between yr 1st scan & 2nd scan?? i sure peifu you! ;o)

emmie: my son is younger bt i dun feel tt confident either! by the time #2 is born, hes 3!! geez...reallie forgot how to burp and all liao!

prayinghard: i thk u shld go ahead and see the gynae next fri just to reassure. i havent seen a gynae yet act...still looking for one coz reallie unfamiliar here. plus the gynae here are sooo ex!! each scan cost AU$300 so its common to have only 2 scans thruout the pregnancy. eeks...

Elynn: welcome welcome! if u wanna make sure, can always ask your gynae, they know best. Hope u get well soonest!

hi gals... thanks for all the help here. Wow this thread is moving so fast, its so hard to catch up.

Sherry - yeah...from now i think my ans will be to say let nature takes its course hehe... at least i know how to answer liao.

Ls- ya... i can feel the emo too.. i can get soooo frustrated and feel like screaming my head off ... i didnt know i was preggy then too.. i thought it was my PMS..

Praying hard - you are in germany alone? For work? Will you be staying there till birth or?

I realise that i have been eating quite a lot... i am so afriad i will put on so much weight ...... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Emmie- you are in shanghai? so you will be staying in shanghai till you give birth?

peachy, actually I'm alittle worried about starting over. I'm really enjoying my boy at this age and finally some freedom.

sue, I will be going back to SG for delivery. Too expensive to deliver here plus it would be winter and we would miss going back for CNY. Better to have family support during confinement, though that's another logistics headache. Make wise food choices when satisfying your hunger now...otherwise the weight will stay on you.

emmie, so you will be back to sg in another few months time i suppose. Do you have a house here in singapore? if so the logistics headache wont be so bad..

Ladies,

Btw, i was watching this variety show on thursday.. they actually feature this confinement food for mums delivery to your house.

wow -- this thread reallie goes super fast! trying to read up all the posts!

I went for my scan yesterday. Reallie managed to see bb wave the hands. Actualli the bb was sleeping, but doc asked me to cough. and bb woke up and moved the hands & legs. Super CUTE! I am still so excited by it!

Sue, I saw the variety show too. They oso showed very cute cupcakes for bb's 1st mth... very useful show! =)

i'm about 10 weeks now. At 1st just saw bb's shape. After the "cough", then see bb move. VERY amazing. Now my hubby says i'm not allowed to cough, cos will wake bb up. wahahahhaha...

Sherry, how many weeks are u now? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

haha really.. so exciting..

I am in my 6 weeks 4 days hahah.. only going to see the gynae in the week after.. by then should be about coming to 8 weeks...

Hello ladies...

yeocouple> so cute!!!!! okie my next scan i gonna try coughing too =x wahahaha if cant see i wanna bug my gyane liao!

Sue> i also saw tat show... it's not cheap (i feel) my frend order b4 but she's say the variety is good though...

koonie> yup i'm on duphaston as well. twice a day. no spotting actually but gynae say just put me on the pill for two weeks since my menses usually not regular so it can stabilise the pregnancy. haha actually i don't want to take one lor.

sue and cecilia> i'm actually going to this gynae called Dr Geraldine Tan at Katong. Thomson's Woman Clinic. She delivers at TMC and i think mount A. She looks young but actually she's not. haha. very patient and nice.

hey, anyone of you feel awake at night? Like everytime i'm tired, i will sleep. In the day, I can sleep. At night, at first i can sleep like 12-2am maybe. then after that my mind is super active for at least the next 3 hours. then finally will fall asleep again. so strange. any insight?

melissa> me too... and i wonder why... i can wake up at 4am then can't sleep liao all the way till alarm rings at 6am plus... =(

hey Joy, can help to update the table.. I have changed my gynae.. not going back to A L Lim. Have switched to Dr Vincent Lee..

hi all mtbs, i back from gynae, ya will help to update the table later on, very tired but happy. I am 7weeks1day now, saw the bb and the heartbeat! bb try to hide, keke, so gynae use vscan to detect bb's size.

my edd is 22 Jan 2010 instead le. Gynae prescribe multi-vits for me to take. My ms is getting more serious now, every morning, every meal and every nite i will confirm merlion. gynae say it show that my hormone levels is high enuff to sustain the bb grow in the tummy wor.

tulip, i also at times, wake up 3 or 4 plus cant zzz as well.

yeocouple, the cupcake is from sweetest moments, i like their serivce and prompt delivery. i ordered my #1's first mth cakes from them. So will be ordering from them again for this one's full mth.

ok, got to go take my nap now...

Hi Peachy,

yea, i think it's best to see my gynae next Fri too...i hope to be more reassured by then! really praying hard!! another 6 more days to go!! argghhhh!

which part of down under are u at? I have this friend who used to live in Aussie for quite a couple of years...I think she even has her kids there though am not sure...hence if u guys are at the same area, maybe i can ask her if she knows of any nice/good gynae there? Would u like that?? Just like me know yea =) & boy, the scan sure is expensive...u guys didnt manage to hv insurance for there? :-/

Hi Sue,

yeap, am here alone lor ...i mean, other than my hubby, none of my family nor friends are here :-/

I dont work here, my German's not up to scratch! Can only swear v well only ..LOL ...yea, v likely i would be giving birth here ba but for the time being i dun dare to think too far..for now, i only hope & pray that i would get to see the bb's heartbeat in 6 days time!!! *pray pray pray*

& u shouldnt worry ab eating too much lah..juz eat what u like lor...i heard that once u breast feed, the weight would be shed off easily de ;o)

Yeo Couple,

ooooh is really sweet what u juz said! The feeling must be amazing!! Now i cant wait to see my bb's heartbeat next week...i hope everything's alright!!!

Hi Sherry,

am juz curious, if u have done yr 1st scan liao? if so, which week were u in for yr 1st scan? Yr next scan is when u are at 8W? Wow, u sure can tahan the wait leh! Could u share with me what u see at yr 1st scan & which week were u then? I scan last week at 5W2D & can only see sac ...that's why cant help but a bit worried lor! :-/ ...I know, i really ought to relax & dun think too much ...but easier said than done! ;-D

Melissa,

i hv to wake up in the middle of the night to pee & after that i usually cant get to sleep too...was thinking that the mind is quite active as well...& oh btw, do u ladies ever since preggie kinda have weird dreams?? i kinda do!?!

Yeo: so exciting!!!! haha..cough to wake bb up! bb must be wondering whats that thunder?!

prayinghard: i will PM u where i stay! but u dun accept PM...can activate it? i appreciate all help i can get...getting a lil desperate now..haha. still trying to work out the cost and convenience of having bb in spore vs syd. can go crazy...

mummies: weird dreams are part of the pregger package! i had weird dreams when preggy with bb#1, now havent start yet. thk my weird dreams and midnite wakefulness will start in second trim. again, thk its the hormones tts causing this. haha..i blame everythg on hormones!

and i pee CONSTANTLY. arghh... so annoying to wake up 4-5 times a nite to pee. might as well put potty beside bed =p

hi Peachy,

It has been activated =) ... I will give my friend a shout & hopefully she's able to help =)

oh i see, so weird dreams is kinda norm then huh? i was still wondering how come am hving weird dreams lately?! will follow Peachy, blame it on the hormones then ...lol

how come today so quiet btw?? is everybody at the fair today?? kekeke ...the fair is today, or is it not??

prayinghard>I only saw a sac and something blinking in it. Doctor say the bb is only about 2mm long so he estimate I should be 5 weeks eventhough it should be 7 weeks going by my date of last period. So need to go back in 3 weeks to see the bb's size and estimate from there.

Hi MrsFit, can i understand why you switching gynae? I am also taking A L Lim and also thinking of changing. Felt that he is not detailed, reassuring and bo-chap. My first preg and he is not advising me anything. In fact he said i cant take pepper!. kinda wierd.. i think he just blurted out. wierd...

hi ladies.

wah... fast thread. just came back from hair treatment and a movie. ( is hair treatment actually ok? hm.....

Hi Joy, i m new here... if you dun mind you can add me to the list though i have yet to know which hospital and dr i am going to [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Lyn / Jes /Tulipz,

Saw that your address zone is in the east... your gynae's clinic is in the east? can you pls share with me ? I am selecting a gynae now but not knowing who to go to. Am deciding btw going direct to the hospital and to a clinic.

sue, sure np de, give me ur details i will add to the list, [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back