(2009) Twins/ Triplets/ Multiples mummies to be

76, I also think the best way now is to bring my hubby to see babies stuff then at least he will know what to buy when I give birth. I pray hard that my MIL will also know what to get.

Poko1, so in this case, I might give birth during CNY..*OMG!!* Then everything so expensive and my MIL will be so busy too, going visting and entertaining guests. How huh?

It seems that my hubby thinks even when I at my 7th mths, still can go shopping n gai gai, just like his colleague. I told him by then, my tummy will be very big n heavy cos I am pregnant with twins. Dun compare me to those mom with singleton. How come hubby cannot understand the weight of my tummy? Even now in my 16th week, I feel tummy bigger than the singleton's mum. I taking 1 step at a time, see how to get past Christmas, New Year's day then CNY.

Can I ask mummies if you still eat whatever fruits that you feel like eating e.g. watermelon, papaya or even pineapple even now preggie?

Kath -- I have same qns as bbq. How did u engage your live in babysitter? I'm thinking of hiring a night nanny to help me with the night feeds for at least the 1st month (if I dont get a confinement nanny) cos Im afraid I cant cope and I want my husband to have good rest as he is working....

Katherine,

Ah ya..BBs will come out when they are ready. Mine was abit early, so they were (and still are slightly tiny) but perfectly healthy. The only prob of delivering in CNY is getting a confinement lady i think....

I think the other prob is fresh fish and meat may be more exp during CNY??? Hope u stay to full term (for twins) though...best of luck!!!

I ate everything in pregnancy. Drunken Prawns, crabs, all sort of fruits, durians, etc...

I wonder if i eat drunken prawns now, will my babes be drunks??? LOL!!!!
happy.gif
\

Bestberies....i will email u soon!!!

Bbq
Yes you are right... asked the PD yest re: the amt of feed..he say no definitive...but shld be based on weight. So for mine, 2kg and 2.6kg, having 55ml and 70ml is fine.. anyway, i increase the big one to 75ml today..he is a sucker...the small one takes his time to drink... thats why so skinny...their wieght differnce gets bigger and bigger...

Poko1, can i ask if your babies stay in NICU before discharge? Were they born with more than 2kg? As for confinement lady, my MIL is doing for me, so no problem i think. But just that the ingredients will be expensive than normal days. Isn't drunken prawns cooked in alcohol? I wanted to eat aso but hubby refused to let me cos got alcohol lor... When did you start eating durians, must be 6 mths onwards?

bbq98 and Seejay
was not easy to get the babysitter as most do not wanna stay with you(through word of mouth and asking around). Actually i started searching as my new maid simply can't make it, she got butter finger and the moment she touches the babies, they will wake up or cry.Although agency said she has looked after babies but from the way she carries, i know all are lies. But i don't hv the time and luxury to search and train again as i am back to work. I got no other help (not mil or mom or relatives) so i got to resort to get babysitter. actually i have 2 to rotate as both actually do not want to be babysitters as it is very tiring. Also babies by 5mths or so tend to recognise voices and faces and different babysitters have different style of looking after. but i got no choice. Now my house that is comfortable for 3(i got a 8yr boy) is crammed with another 4 pax. What to do? Got to go with this unless twins are 18mths. I tried to look at infant centres but the problem is at night- if i am looking after them at night, how am i and my hubby got the energy to work? Hubby asked me to quit and look after as the amt paid to babysitter and helper is equivalent to what i am earning. But i know i am not cut out to be a homemaker, think i will go crazy too. So i really envy those with family help or SAHM. 1 of my babysitters is actually my confinement lady. In the end she helps me to spread the word around her circle of CL friends. There are not many who want to be babysitters as CL is a better deal, ie 1-off arrangement and no strings attached. Babysitting is a long term arrangement. I also know of another girlfriend who has 3 non-singaporean CLs to come in at different time to help her to look after her 2 young infants.

Chameleon
Night nanny is different from live-in. I also checked that before(with an agency call maranathan) but quite costly and then with the hopeless maid I have, I can't leave the twins with her in the day time anyway.So resorted to live-in type.
Bear in mind, it is very inconvenient and costly as her meals and lodging are under you and babies will definitely be more towards her.Like my case now.
Perhaps the govt should think abt providing solutions for pple like me with no help but got children???

Kath - Yeap I called maranathan too and the night nanny cost is expensive -- more expensive than a live in confinement nanny!! I will actually be a stay home mom, already stopped working 2 months ago, but for my own sanity I'm still considering getting some help for night feeds for the first few weeks. Everyone else in my family including my parents are still working so they will need to rest at night. Plus even when my domestic help comes I also want her to have a good rest at night so she can work properly in the day time. By the way, I just got rejected by a domestic help we interviewed because she was not keen to work for a family with twins .... sigh.

chameleon, why not get a confinement lady so that you can rest for the first four weeks while your body recovers? she can help you train your domestic helper on washing baby stuff, preparing bath water etc and taking care of your babies.

76, bbq, have your period returned? mine already started just after my bleeding ended leh.. very sian cos i thought it won't return so fast if i'm breastfeeding
sad.gif

kath, the govt only thought of infant care and childcare solutions in the day, they forgot about the night feedings..

see Jay
Mine havent come leh....my fren's came abt 2 mths,also bf...i tot bf dun come so fast too...will see mine when come

Katherine,

My boy was 1.6kg, and stayed at NICU for 3 weeks. My gal was 1.9kg and at the Special Care for 2 weeks.

I ate the Drunken prawns on my birthday! Could not resist it! Was abt 5 mths preggie. There's alcohol in it, but i was too greedy to bother! (but do ask the doc if its ok for u lei)

I have been eating durians whenever i see them. I cant remember when i started, but i think i ate it starting from 2 over mths prggie. On and off..depending got durian season or not.

I ate more (of everything and anything) at the end of my preg becos firstly, it was the season of durians (my fave fruit)....2ndly, my babes were tiny. Wanted to beef them up. At the end i beef myself up!!! haha..I became BIGGER but the babes still tiny! Sigh.....(and now i still remain beefed up)!!!

Kath, why don't u just get another maid who is more experienced and get your nanny to train both? Won't it be cheaper? I have checked - a night or day live in nanny is abt 2.5k per mth and it's cheaper getting a CL who would even do hsework for u.

Poko1, so durians can start to eat liao, but I am afraid of GD, so mayb delay another 1.5 mths before I start my durians craze. Heehee...I aso afraid tt I will end up beef-ing myself up but still got to go for it otherwise how are babies supposed to grow! Mummies can make such great sacrifices.

Seejay -- Ya thats what I thought too. So looking for a confinement nanny now... but a little hard cos I think its a little too late to find a good one already for January. I'll just have to see how and work with what I have/what I can find I suppose.

My smaller twin loves to sleep and can sleep through 4-5 hrs without feed till i wake him up.. whereas the big one is like an alarm clock will wake up at 3hr...how ah..is it a concern? he already so small, scared sleep so long, no nutrients.. If wake him at 3hr, he no mood to drink

76, my smaller twin was like that in the first few weeks also. he has lesser feeds than his brother that's why he's smaller now. but these two weeks their feeds seem more equal liao..

chameleon, maybe you can try Bliss Confinement? it was recommended to me by a mummy who had to do a last-min booking. but i didn't book as my CL was able to do for me eventually..

See Jay
thanks, anyway, i have swopped them. From tdy, the small one is sleeping in our room and big one will sleep with my mum.. In the meantime, we want to beef up the small one with our love and my bm.

BBQ i am not feeding small 1 with fm...coz he is sooo small...undernourished...want him to get bm first before thinking if shld proceed to partial...

hey mommies who have given birth at kk, need to check if there is such a procedure where KK will need you to do a pre-admission? At which week? Will the gynae tell you to do it or you have to ask the nurse?

sophia, I delivered at KKH. My doc at TPS, so my pre admissions were done there too. Ard 32 weeks or so, the nurse will give u a yellow slip, paste on yr ante natal book. Then, u can do yr pre admiss and get a goody bag too! best of luck!

Thanks seejay -- I got a lucky break, well sort of. The confinement nanny my friend recommended suddenly told me she can do for me in Jan. I suspect she drop her client for me because she can earn more looking after my twins ! (dont know if this is a good thing or a bad thing, but well, she did for my friend and my friend says she is quite good). She is charging me 3k. Now I need to focus on looking for a domestic helper.

Chameleon
Wow 3k!! she must be good... Mine was 2.6k...but she put me aeroplane..guess she accepted another better offer...

Hi, chameleon..my 2cents' advice for those CLs who say they can take care of twins - i also engaged a CL who said she had experience with twins and i paid her $2.7k...she had to cook food for me, clean the kitchen after cooking, take care of the twins..however, if you think about it, she is only 1 person with a pair of hands..if both babies cry, she can only carry one baby and ignore the other..you still have to step in..aka wake up for the night feeds too...if your mom or MIL is coming over to help out..then no point paying so much for CL..during my confinement, my CL was so exhausted due to lack of sleep, cus my twins wake up for 2 hourly feeds that she 'shouted' at me that she needed her sleep! Needless to say, i wouldn't recommend her to anyone of you here...in fact originally she also asked for $3k..but we manage to bargain down...heng never pay so much...

Gulp -- I was also intially hesitant to hire a CL cos of horror stories I heard... but I'm really afraid I can't handle on my own!

This CL did ask me if I was going to get a maid cos she said if I didnt have a maid, very few ppl would be willing to work for me because handling 2 babies is not easy (which is understable)

I also have no bargaining power
sad.gif
cos I waited too long to look for a CL. My babies likely due end Dec so need CL in Jan, and by now most would have been booked already. And she is not the most expensive one ... someone else (an agency) asking 3.6k !!

Went looking for baby stuff over the weekend and it really hit me how heavy the expenses are all going to be!!

Chameleon
My CL(initial) asked me if i have a maid...i said only my mum and her will do the job...she say so difficult to handle if no maid...blah blah..myabe she thinks she will be the 'maid', tahts why she put me aeroplane...sigh..

chameleon, congrats on securing a cl! It will be very tiring for her if there's no one else around to help, esp during night feeds. My advice is to close one eye if she makes mistakes due to lack of rest. no cl is perfect. I am very satisfied with mine but i was unhappy with her because there was one night when she was very tired and raised her voice at my mum. Anyway the confinement month will quickly pass before you know it. The most important thing is for you to rest well before you take over the babies, it's a challenging task!

Thanks for the encouragement seeJay!

Because I'm kiasu, I also interviewed another CL this evening who is supposedly very experience with twins. Just wondering if any of you here have heard of/used a CL called Karen Chin? If so, would really appreciate if you could share comments!

Chameleon, since you going to get a maid, why don't you tell the CL that and see if the price can be lower since I presume your maid will be taking care of the housework and that has already relieved the CL of lots of work.

I agree that no human can pacify 2 babies at the same time when they cry. I take care of mine at night and when both cry at the same time, I need my hubby to wake up to help. So, this thing about experience in taking care of twins is really irrelevant.

chameleon
is Karen Chin recommended by an agency? Saw her cv when i was looking for a babysitter for my twins. Expensive though. Perhaps not her but the agency charges are high. In the end, i did not see her.

Hi mummies,

I have a pair of maxi cosi cabrio infant car seat (Navy colour) for sale. Its in excellent condition, rarely used as hardly bring my twins out. Used only about 4 times, and they have now outgrown them. Am selling at $220 each. Pls sms 91735898 if interested.

bbq -- I already told the CL there will be a maid
sad.gif

Kath -- Yup Karen is recommended thru an agency and yeap she is expensive, also because of agency fees.

Decisions decisons!

hi ladies,
Went to see dr loh on tuesday, and my babies are at 1.1kg and 1kg respectively... but now I'm on hospitalization leave for 22 days.. my babies position is different again, this time round it seems like the baby girl sleeping ard my rib (like across) and my baby boy at pelvic position.. Dr Loh said it the position never move, sure kena c-section... No wonder, I'm having breathless and eat abit feel full easily

I'm looking for maid too, the agency told me if I don't take by December the security bond will be more for next year as they increase the security bond...

Juliana,

My babes were around 1 kg plus at 29 weeks. I delivered at 33/34 weeks to a 1.6 and 1.9 kg babies. Lightweight, otherwise perfectly fine!!! If yr bb is born below 2kg, kkh (i delivered there) may need u to have yr baby stay at the special care unit to grow.

My babes, one of them breech, the other "sitting down", thus c sec for me. They were all along heads down from 6 mths onwards, but somewhere 30 weeks, they changed position. sigh.....

Juliana
My bbs were 800g adn 1kg at week 28.delivered 1.4kg and 1.7kg at week 32, NUH..had to stay in NICU coz less than 2kg...Position was breech and head down...yours shld be ok ba...jiayou.

Hi Juliana, wow, your babies have grown with these few weeks. That's good. I'm seeing dr loh next week and am also hoping the twins will put on weight.
I've gone to the agency to book my maid last week. I still have to wait 2-3 weeks for her to come and with the typhoon in Philipines, she's not going to come any sooner. I think you had better not delay too long to get the maid as you will also need time to teach her how to do the housework first. Later when the twins arrive, it will be good that she is already familiar with the house chores and can help to do the babies chores. Worse come to the worse, if you don't like the maid, there's also time to change and get another one before you deliver.

Sophia,
Dun worry so much, your babies will put on weight for sure...
Right now the babies kicking are getting stronger and also I could see them making funny movement on my tummy. My next appointment with Dr Loh will be on 28 October a week after your appointment.

Think your HL will extend again. Cause that day, when he gave me my HL, he told me to prepare for HL to be extend as he dun want us to delivery too early.. he has so many deliver this Nov and also December.. If its 2 to 3 weeks early its ok.. But not too early.. It will be difficult for him too..

Aiyoh, if he puts me on HL again, I will have to go on no pay coz I am left with only 7 HL days.
Mine also kicking very hard and making funny movements. Last night saw my tummy made movements like waves. My hubbi can even put the remote control on the tummy and see it bounce up and down. Have you tried using a small torch light to shine on the stomach? They will kick at the light! very cute. Actually I'm more that eager to get them out, now very xin ku oredi. Sometimes out of breathe and backache is getting intense.

Sophia,
we have the same feeling, when I cant sleep at night I will scold them and tell them sleep lah... I also want them to go out faster, but thinking If there are in NICU poor them with alot of tube with them.. I'm thinking of delivery them faster, when they are at 34 weeks.. See if they are fit and fat enuf to see them work.. If their weight is 2kg I dun mind asking Dr Loh to do c-section for me.

Sophia and Juliana

Once you are out, you will wish there are still in you. See all the or bak kak mummies here....at least when they are in you and they don't sleep, you can still sleep. Once they are out, you can only day dream coz no time to sleep to dream.:p

bbq,hahha, i likeyour description...
Ladies,if you can prolong delivery, better do so..Mine was delivered emergency at week 32.Now, younger twin got hernia..do google to read more..basically, organs need full 40gestational weeks to develop and grow or for 'holes' in the body to seal properly.But for premmies, the parts are not developed yet, so will portrude to the wrong 'hole'..my bb's hernia is testicles slotting into wrong hole..so need to do day surgery to push it back...seeing pd next wed to see next course of action...its 6x more comon in males than females premature bb

Juliana, may I ask if security bond increase, will it also increase the agent fees or maid's fee? My EDD is in early March, so I thot of getting a maid in late Jan. Wondering if this will have any difference in the charge if I get the maid earlier? Then again, if I pop early, it will be better to get the maid earlier wor...

I kept telling my twinnies to stay with mummy till EDD date but duno can tahan or not. So now,I only think of eating more to beef them up. Hoepfully, like Poko1, they are healthy though premies.

Hi ladies, good health to everyone and try to enjoy your babies movement ;-) as I do even it's a too much sometimes. Like today people who was siting in front of me in mrt train also enjoyed watching my babies movements :-D
May I ask what is "security bond" you are talking about? I don't planing to take a maid for the moment, but just in case I want to know )

Back