(2009) Twins/ Triplets/ Multiples mummies to be

hi check w u. when are ur bb used infant car seat?my bb is 2 mths old now.could they use e infant car seats as my MIL worry tt it's unsafe to use it now as e infant car seat can't let them lie down.

Mummies, is it compulsory by Spore law to let newborns slp in the carseat upon their discharge? Or we can buy at a later stage?

I went for my detailed scan last week and was informed that I have Long Feng Tai. My hubby was so happy. Babies are doing fine but Dr Loh told me that my boy has some white spots seen in the scan and mentioned that this is normal which will go away as my pregnancy progresses. Did any mummy experience this before? The sonographer was not able to tell me the weight of the babies as she said it will be provided in my 25th week scan. My initial delivery date was supposed to be 11 March 2010 but Dr Loh said he estimated that by 1st week of Feb, he will deliver the babies. Reason being of my previous miscarriage and also babies will have reached their 2kg weight.

katherine, it's against the law but i always hand-carry my babies when hubby drives because it's weird to ask my mum or mil to take a cab.. You mean you will be going for c-sect at 36weeks? One boy one girl! it was what i was praying for, congrats!
happy.gif

Bbq, how's everything? Haven't had the chance to catch you on msn..

Congrats Katherine on getting a Long Feng Tai!!!I have one of those as well....very cute to buy stuff for both boy and gal!!!

After they r born, if u use tHose side by side TWIN stroller, u will get many many questions n guesses abt their gender!!! trust me!!!! i get them all the time!!!

poko you're using the side-by-side stroller? I saw a very cute one at mothercare where one side is blue and the other side is pink! Btw, is it convenient to bring out for shopping and makan? I wanna train the babies to sit inside there.. Haha..

Hi Seejay,

I use a Maclaren twin side by side stroller. I like it very much and its quite easy to open.
Its abt 12 kg, and mine is in greyish colour.

What is did is to put a pink and blue pram cushionings/covers on the pram.

I saw the mothercare pram too. That is quite nice and gd value for $$ too!

Some grouses abt twin prams if u havent got yrself one yet is that it is sometimes difficult to find a place to eat and accomodate yr twin stroller.
For instance, food courts with narrow aisle, or jap restaurants with those chairs that "stuck" on the floor.
Even Taka baby section is nearly impossible to manovere, but then again, even single prams may find it tough there too (narrow aisle)...

Other than these, a twin pram is convenient (for instance can chiong into a lift, rather than have one in the lift and possibly the other unable to get in if crowded), and to have 2 babes inside is absolutely a pretty sight!

Seejay, so in this case, I can buy the carseat at a later stage right since my twinnies might be too small to sit in them? At which mths then you let your babies sit in the carseat? I am also praying to go natural delivery, but I think it will be hard cos I do not think my babies will be engage by then. Did you go for natural delivery or c-sect? How much is the stroller in the mothercare?

Poko1, talk about stroller. I am in a dilemma to whether I shd get twin stroller or 2 seperate stroller and getting a clip to hold them together. I realised that there are not many choices for twin stroller and is heavier than single ones. What makes you purchase the twin stroller and how much you pay for it?

poko i think we have the same stroller! Hee hee..

Katherine, i bought my car seats when i was still preg but both are still in my storeroom now! My babies looked so tiny and fragile when they left hospital i didn't dare to put them in car seats. They're bigger now but i think my hubby is lazy to install the seats
sad.gif
didn't check out the price of the stroller at mothercare, normal price range for twin stroller is 700 to 800plus i think
happy.gif

I wanted to try for natural cos both babies engaged at 33wks but i'm actually quite glad i went for c-sect instead. Can't imagine having a wound at my you-know-where.. And for twins, the story is not over after delivering one baby, we gotta continue pushing or the second baby will be in danger if it stays inside for too long..

Glad that we're talking abt strollers! Cos I was also wondering if I should get twin strollers or 2 single strollers.... in the end I decided to go with 2 single strollers cos I was afraid the twin strollers will be too wide for narrow aisles (esp in Spore where space is not a luxury!) and bulkly to handle, plus I figured that when I go out with the babies there will at least be 1 other person with me so maybe no need for a twin stroller.

But after I bought my single strollers, I started to wonder if I should also get a twin stroller heh heh heh. Cos maybe I might want to take the babies out by myself for morning or evening walks around the compound/estate.

Experience twin mummies, what do u think? Should I also get a twin stroller????

hi ladie,
went to see dr loh yesterday, and did have contraction so did CPG and jabs on my tight.. At 31+ week, my twin A (boy) weight at 1.75kg and twin B (girl) at 1.6kg.

Kinda scare cause babies might born premature and I also had dark brownish discharge but only on Mon & Wed and one spot per day.. So now, I have to really rest at home..

Going to see dr loh again this 4 Nov and he said if I can tahan end of Nov can give birth liao.

Any mommy experience these too and if babies weight 2kg do they need to stay in NICU if they dont reach 36weeks??

i will be using twin stroller too which my DH bought for twins. its mountain buggies quite ex too.. Yet to buy car seat cause If babies too small also no point.. still thinking to get it earlier or later when they are 2 or 3 mths

lalala.. Juliana, i gave birth at 37wks, babies about 2.6kg each. It's considered full term so they didn't stay in nicu. But i did have to go back to polyclinic a few times to do the jaundice blood tests.. Remember to rest well so tat babies can stay longer in your body. Think positive thoughts and talk to your babies whenever you can, it makes a difference
happy.gif

One good thing about buying car seats and stroller after giving birth is tat you can test if your babies like the seats.

Was called to a meeting with my new principal this afternoon. She is intending to bring in a consultant to help revamp my classroom and use it as a show case for other teachers to see how classrooms can be be very conducive. However, she is suggesting beginning discussion after the term ends, either end of Nov, or last week of Dec. When term ends, I'll be around my week 29 going 30. This also means end of Dec I'll be in my week 34. That is assuming my girls have no intention to see the world in a hurry...

As much as I like to be involved, I do not know how much I can do by then. I really need the opinions of twins mummies...those who have given birth or approaching your week 30... How do you feel? Is it very tiring to be moving around? Is it possible to work?

I do not want to sound like a whiner in front of my new boss, but currently at wk26 I am already feeling like craps at times. I really do not have much confidence I can contribute much to work by wk30. I am also a bit fearful of comparison with other pregnant colleagues who seemed strong and perserved though (carrying singleton), going to work like unaffected.

Any advice?

juliana, do take care. remember to have lots of rest. Your maid come oredi? If not, don't bother so much about the housechores. I'm also seeing Dr Loh on 4 nov. At this moment, just feeling very heavy suddenly.

Xiaofu,sounds like an exciting programme your P has for you. Any other teacher involved? You may want to speak to your P if you are the only one and just be frank with her that you may not be able to cope physically. Each woman will experience different symptoms at 30 weeks. I was feeling fine and just beginning to feel the heavyness of the belly. But by 32 weeks, wow, the weight is more intense and the backaches are killing me. I've also told my HOD that if there is nothing else in the afternoon, I will be going home instead of being in school. Luckily, she is kind enough to let me go.

Katherine,

I have an older boy and i accompany him downstairs to play wif his friends, and i have been chatting wif my neighbours downstairs every evening too. Thus i tot a twin pram wld serve its purpose as i go down alone and so its more convenient. Unless u use a carrier and a single pram, but wont it be a little lei chei? Juz my personal tots abt it........

We also bring the twins out wherever we go thus thus it comes in handy. For instance, if i go out with my maid and the twins in a cab, just a pram to close and open.

My pram is a maclaren. It cost abt $700. Pls dont take the 2009 model of it as the seat size of left and right side are different. It is designed that way so an older toddler can sit in comfortably. Mine is 2008 model.

Xiaofu, u will def feel your back more strained and tiredness absolutely takes over u...My final few weeks of preg, i could not even shop for long. Do talk to yr principal abt it...Also, u dont want to risk pre term labour. Do take it easy the last tri...

Hi Mummies, just wanna check for pram side to side... will it be difficult to go up escalator. Cause I dun have a car, I take Mrt/Bus. What do you all think? Cause I thought of getting a front and back one.

Thanks Sophia and Poko.

Will try to find a nice timing to talk to the management about it. I do not want to agree to the project but have to leave it alone without much contribution too.

grace, tandem (front n back) prams r gererally not for new borns.....The front seat is for a toddler and cant go very low. Only back seat can go dowm for NBorms.

Side by side prams can fit the escalator. Juz that the prams are more than 12kg alone, w/o bbs inside so better take lift, unless u got strong hand power!!!

poko, is it troublesome if we bring the twins out using the side-by-side stroller? So far i've only tried using baby carrier, wanna try going shopping with them in their stroller
happy.gif

Xiaofu, better dun stress yourself in last trimester. Have plenty of rest if doc gives you HL in last few weeks. It'll be good for babies and also good for you as you won't have much time to rest after babies arrive
happy.gif

<font color="blue">Hi ladies,
Dun mean to intrude..
I am looking to sell my peg perego aria (side by side) stroller.
Bought it in late-Jun but have rarely used it.
Willing to let it go at $600 (Mothercare is selling at $768).
Condition 9/10 (good).

Please PM if interested, thanks.</font>

I'm feeling very heavy, cant walk long anymore and feeling breathless easily.. I'm kinda restless always.. I just hope that my babies can wait till 36 week, end of this month.. And I always feel very hot and warm... Even 2 days raining I don't feel cold.
I think 36 week can still delivery right??

Seejay,

Hi! It is not diff to go out wif my twins in the side by side stroller. I have been taking them out since they hit 2 mths old. They were still very tiny then at 2 mths, something like 2 over kg, but i am the sort cannot stay at home kind...

Thus they are quite well trained in sitting in the pram. Of course, sometimes, one or 2 of them may act up, dont want to sit...and want to be carried so can look around. Thus, we may be carry them, but otherwise, they usually sit pretty quietly.

Maybe u can "train" them by bringing them around yr estate everyday???? Then they may get used to the idea.

I cant figure how to use the carriers.

I have pple lending me their carriers and I have a MIM sling, but sigh...i dont know how to use! I wld love to use the MIM sling though, but must pull here and there, and wif the baby sensing i am uncomfortable, they too also cry and so never get a chance to practice.

I tried the bjorn carrier on my gal, but her thighs like very red after using it. Also, when using it, the legs open big big..not sure if its good for gals or not.

Hi Juliana, Me too!! Breathless quite often. In the morning, the weight is really bad too. Getting up to go to the loo is very bad, so I try not to wait and hold it.
My appointment with Dr Loh is at 7.10pm. No ADC scan, hopefully he will do the scan.
Actually, I am praying to hold them in past 36 wks since he said they are small. But then again, anything can happen.

Hi Sophia, I also have some problems getting up to the loo and one night I can wake up 2 to 3 time just to pee. Mine, Dr Loh said I have to see him every week since my babies is growing and I also have contraction. My babies are still in their original place, the boy is right below my pelvic and girl is across my upper abdominal..

So I guess the weight of the boy is the one that is pressing on my pelvic and cause contraction. But so far, no more brownish discharge.

Just hope that I can hold them till end of this month, which will be the complete of 36 weeks.

Are you thinking to doing C section? If so, dont have to worry so much about their position just their size.
Remember to rest more and take it easy. Can you see their movements on your stomach? Mine very obvious especialy from my girl. I can even 'play' with her..... When she pushes up the stomach, I will push it down and she will response by doing it again. It's a really nice moment that we share. Daddy tried but no response from her, he very jealous..

poko, do you drive when you bring the twins out? Or is it convenient to take mrt with the stroller? So far i've only brought them to tiong bahru plaza cos i can just walk there.. I have 2 carriers. The chicco one is not bad but there are many straps to fasten. I have a brandless one that is cushioned and easy to wear but i dunno where my sis-in-law got it from..

seejay,

I have the chicco one too!!! and the combi one as well....and all have 101 straps to fasten!!! How to use it if alone??

I take cab if i go out wif bbs and maid, and use the car on weekends.

i am sorry i have never used it on the mrt so i cant advice, but i thnk shd be ok bah!!! Juz that twin prams r kindda heavy already w/o the babes.

Poko, maybe you might want to try the Balboa Sling? A mummy I met bought the MIM sling and gave up figuring out how to use it and bought a Balboa sling instead and said it was easy to use. Her 1 month old baby girl looked so comfortable and snug sleeping inside the sling. I tried the MIM sling too and found it difficult to use even when using a doll, so I didn't dare buy it cos I would imagine that it will be harder for me to use with real babies.

I went for 4d scan today. The sonographer said its abit hard to do 4d scans for twins because they are so squashed inside the womb with so little space. So in the end I only managed to get ok shots of the girl. Couldnt get a clear image of the boy's face. But this is making me so excited to see them face to face .... just under 9 more weeks or there abouts!

Sophia,
My girl always response to us, when we play with her, she's the active &amp; playful ones. My hubby did push her down when she did the pushes up..
The boy will be active when the daddy not at home..
So he's more close to me than daddy..

I'm thinking of c-section actually. I'm just resting at home the days.. So hope that babies are doing well this upcoming check-up.

wow poko you're very steady leh, you can handle the babies and stroller with just your maid? For baby carrier i need one person to help me with the fasteners while i hold baby's head as their necks are still soft now.

See jay,

Yes, i do often handle the twins on my own wif my maid's help. Lots of stuff to carry...diaper bags, etc..But it is quite ok....juz have to try it out n u will get the hang of it.

Its only tough to enter the cab, as i will be holding a babe. When i am seated inside, my maid will pass me the other babe as she needs her hands to be free to close the pram.
Twin prams close in a diferent way, so cant expect cabby to help.

Most of the cabbies i meet, even after seeing that we got twins and i've an older boy too, they are not very helpful. Most juz sit in the cab while i carry 2 babes and my maid have to go to boot to get the pram. I have not been fortunate to meet much nice cabbies.

Chameleon, i just got myself a balboa sling thru a nice mummy selling it!! I checked it out after u mentioned it, n found it very pretty designs and look simpler to handle too!!!

I am in my 23 weeks now. Am I feeling the right way that I started to feel one of my baby's fluttering in my tummy, somewhere below my naval? But I m puzzled how come only can feel 1 of the bb's fluttering feeling? I thought I should b able to feel both of them around the same time. I am abit worried. Did any of the mummies feel the same way like me too? How do you know who is the baby that is kicking? But the feeling is really great, knowing that two lives are in me. But my hubby still cannot feel that and he kept wanting to feel too. Poor hubby! Heehee....

My babies are across my body, one on top and one below. Dr Loh did mention to me that once my babies hit 2kg, I will have to take them out under C-sect. But I hope to carry them to full term so that they do not have to be in NICU.

Katherine -- till now (I'm 29 weeks) I still dont always know which baby is moving/kicking inside me! My gyane told me too that it is hard to know which of the 2 is moving. I read in a book that sometimes you can only feel movements on 1 side because it so happens that both pairs of feet are pointing the same direction, or maybe one moves the feet while the other moves the hands. Hope this helps to allay some of your worries
happy.gif

hi, just came back frm my 32week plus check-up. My babies still at the same place. Babies are getting fatter and seems some of my maternity top i cant wear. My twin a - boy weighs at 1.987kg and twin b - girl weighs at 1.830kg. next appt will be on 18 nov, if everything ok, doc confirm that c-sect for me on 7 dec 09, at 37 weeks.
Dr loh also told me to rest at home, dun carry heavy things and walk too much as my bb boy's body at my pelvic area, and its dangerous as waterbag my burst if i walk too fast and too much.

poko, i brought the boys downstairs using the twin stroller today and it was quite fun! Think i'll do this more often to expose them to different people
happy.gif

Has Annfresh delivered already?

Juliana, now is the time to rest, it's your final lap. But it can also get pretty depressing as it'll get more and more inconvenient for you to move around. Your babies have pretty good weight!
happy.gif

Wow Juliana, your babies are growing well! I just came back from Dr Loh's too. My girl is 1.8 and my boy is 1.6. He says that they are growing well. My next visit also same as you, 18th Nov. But he didnt' say anything about when I can have the c sect. He say if I want natural also can! But I scared as my girl is head up and boy head down. what if only one can come out and the other need to cut? I will die man of the pain both on stomach and at the V.

sophia,
Maybe u cant wait till 18th and see if both head engage. For my case, my boy has been sit across my lower adominal and never moves to diff direction, if move also abit. This happen since day 1 of scanning. dr loh said the boy wants to be big bro.
So mine no choice but c-section. Also better lah.

See Jay,
what u said its true.. I'm trying to rest more at home and walk abit.

Hi ladies,
Happy to see so many mummies with twins here. Joined this thread earlier but the thread was not active then.
I delivered my twin boys in Jun 09, c-section too. They were 2.3kg and 2.19kg at birth. They are 4mths+ now :D
Sophia, Juliana, actually I think for multiple pregnancy, better go for c-section leh. smooth and easy. You gals take more rest now ya! After your babies arrived, no time to rest wor
happy.gif

Hi Beverly, thanks for the encouragement. I also think c sec would be better too.

My new maid just arrived this week and she has cleaned the house until there's nothing else to clean! Now, dun know what else I can give her to do. Actually savouring these last few weeks with hubbi and our own two persons world. In just 3-4 weeks time, there will suddenly be so many people in the house! Scary and exciting at the same time.

Back