(2009) Twins/ Triplets/ Multiples mummies to be

hi curiosleo, I send my twins to infant care (since they were 3 months) for full day. As they grow older, they also start to follow the kids around them. My son went thru a stage of wanting to bite others and my girl was screaming and running around (for fun). We had to spend the time and effort to teach them that such actions are wrong. I guess if they were at home these problems would be greatly reduced.
However, my twins are certainly learning alot more as compared to being taken care of by my mil. She will just put them infront of the tv i guess.

sophia,
my son also bite all things until his teeth is chip a bit.. and my daughter screaming around....

is it part of their growing up. cause both of them are taken care by my mum and maid.. no childcare.

Annfresh and 76, I am thinking of putting my kids in a music n movement class by edufarm but they need at least 5 to start a class on sat morning. Will u be keen? Details on their website.

Ximi, it all depends on when we can form a group of 5.

76, it's those once a week class, not the child care full day kind.

Ann fresh , I've reg my twins to zoo phonics billingual weekday (2x) a wk prog starting nex week aft cny . It's nearest to my place , so I dun hav to travel too far as I hav to get bk in tm for elder boy aft Sch . Will let u know how it goes.

The weekend prg has a super duper long wait list . Thus I chose the weekday pgm.

HI Poko1
Looking forward to hear your comments. Is it the one in bukit timah?
I checked with them adult must company a child. will you bring your maid?

Yes , at Bt timah . I stay ard there , jus need to walk over . If go to Gug or JGab, I'll need to take cab there n bk as it's weekday. It's for 18 mth till 30 mth n need an adult to each child , so yes - my maid will hav to handle one kiddo . Is yrs weekend or weekday pgm ?

Annfresh, I may be taking one in Bedok. I think it's best the adults accompany the kids because kids at this age won't sit still so may need the adults to supervise them. Is there one zoophonics in Tampines? I know there is one at Siglap. I have decided to enrol myself in the phonics class so I will teach them myself.

Ximi, it will be at Bedok.

hi everyone, hope all of us enjoy great health and happiness in the new year!

Just wanna check if there's any mummies out there who manage to send both twins to childcare on her own? Many pp have told me tat it's already a struggle with one child and his heavy bag.. I've seen pp taking public transport with one toddler and heavy toddler bag, haven't met any heroes with twins yet..

Seejay, I had wanted to be that hero until someone reminded me that kids at their age may still want to be carried at times. If both asking to be carried, I will have a big problem.

hi bbq98, I checked my area there are 2 edufarm centers in Pasir ris. It wiil be more easy for me bring them there so sorry cann't join you in Bedok. I haven't visit it yet but called them. So it s every day from 9-11am and only 175$ per mth! Going to see facility there.

bbq, so now who's helping to look after your boys? i am sending my monsters to cheriehearts at harbourfront. hope everything turns out well and i end up with very toned arms.. HAHA!

Hihi

My maid has just gone home, ending the contract permaturely. So now I am without maid for 3 weeks before the new maid arrives. Did any mummies do without maid and still able to have some sanity at home? I am ok to taking care of them in the day for past few days but when it comes to night time, I have not tried. I am wondering if it is possible for mummy to try to put them to sleep at night, with no help given?

Any mummies can advise.

Hi
Wow, how do you put them to nap alone in the daytime, without help? tot u shld worry more in the day than night coz ur hubby willbe home at night to take care of bbs?Btw, how old are ur bbs?

Hi mummies..

need your advise.

My twins are 13months, cruising, and it's very difficult to bring them out coz they dont want to sit in their strollers!! Want to come down walk walk or carry. I used to have a Maclaren Twin but it's too small for them thus now i use 2 umbrella strollers for easier travel. But after sitting for a while, they will struggle & try to stand up even while u are walking & pushing them in the strollers!! Then i have another front & back stroller but the one sitting behind will keep hitting the head of the one in front! *SIGH* I wonder if i should buy 2 prams coz sometimes if u go out for long & they wanna nap, how to carry both
sad.gif

Also my boys have not sleep thru the night. They still wake up for feeds every 2-3 hours.

VERY TIRED.

What's the best age to send them to playgroups, maybe half a day sessions at CC or those 2-3 hours kind? Do we need to sit thru with them?

I havent been working for the past 13 months but am looking forward to returning to work sometime. Really dont know if i should be a SAHM or FTWM. Can any mummies share your precious advices? Please......

Hi dejected

When my ex-maid returns back home, I panicked. But I survived as I got some tips from my maid. Their naptime are already pre-set when they were young. 1 in the morning and another in the afternoon. If both want to sleep, then carry 1 and lay 1 on the bed and pat to sleep. But at times, they want to play until miss their afternoon nap. When they are very tired, after some patting, they will fall asleep pretty fast.

But I will have a problem at night as my hubby does works night shift. So at this moment, my bbies and me will go over to stay overnight at my inlaws' place when my hb works nite shift. I really hope to be able to put them to bed at home cos more comfortable. Till my new maid comes onboard, I will need to tahan this arrangement. Headache! So I am thinking if there are any mummies out there that had experienced before. Any tips?

My babies are 13 plus months now. They are very mobile now, walking and climbing places. They are very curious about everything too, opening my cabinets and taking everything out that they see.

curiosleo,
my kids are coming 17mths soon, normally I have to sarong cradle auto and I just place them in the sarong and let them sleep... if they cried, i let them be...

Both are very mobile, waling climbing, talking non stop and curious too....

Hi Mummies,
Desperately need an advise here, my boy is becoming a very fussy, messy and noisy eater. He spit out food , throw the food on the floor, bang his utensil on the table during meal time. I have tried to add variety to his meal, let him to read or coloring before the food is given to him. But he always preferred taking his own utensil and starts to bang around. He refused us to feed him, he attempt to feed himself.
What can I do? I am running out of idea.

Addy,

My twins used to wake up for milk too. I give them one bottle of milk just before their sleep time. Sometime even when they sleep early , I will try to sleep feed them around 10:30pm. But now, it improve, they drink their milk ard 9:30pm and they will sleep thru the night with occasional wake up just to look for us to pat them to sleep.

Hi All,

Long time no see..

Jules,

Great to see you in here..this thread was inactive for quite a while, isn't it?

Addy,

I'm a mother of triplets. My 2nd child till now at 24 months cruising only, cause his development is not on par as his the other 2 brothers. The other 2 brothers manage to walk when they are slightly over a yr old...They refuse to sit on the pram, when we are out dining, they wanna crawl out of the high chair.. Its quite hazardous.. but now at 24 months, its slightly better already, engage them in activities before meal, let them roam about, bring toys, if you have Iphone, prepare their fav cartoon to play for them.. it would be much easier..

My boys also wake up for night feed at this age.. it has become a habit already.. but after feed, they sleep..Its easier to take care especially when they are attending CC, cause their timing is fixed and become a routine. They also learn much more and faster in CC, moreover they become independant and help mummy out at home.

hi all... trust all are well.

hvnt been in this thread for awhile.....

wana check with mums with twins (or triplets) gg to CC already... hw do u guys fetch them? with hb? or helper? anyone doing it alone?

i sometimes hfta drive them to CC n back (in evng) on my own..whn my hb has to work late or travelling. my twin girls are very much more attached to the daddy..n sometimes it's really a big challenge to put them in the car, etc! often then not, i will end up loosing cool n raise my voice at them!!! sometimes i feel so helpless..i cant handle them!

My twin boys are 18+months now and very very active. Any of you mummies think that twins are generally more active than singletons because of another playmate b their side everyday? I really hope they are not hyperactive!

hello mummies,
this thread is getting quiet!!!
My twins monsters are getting very very active...
the girl bite the boy and vice versa!!!
But they still have their fixed time table like their sleeping time and meal time and reading time!!!

Hello mummies

Are all mummies very busy with their twinnies?
I am planning for a Thailand trip with my twins in August and would like to ask what are the things to bring and what to expect. I am pretty nervous about the trip as this is the first time that we will be doing without the maid.

Besides, I am not sure if their system can adapt to Thailand air and water. Do I need to bring medication just in case? How about sterilising their bottles? Should I bring along a stroller as well?

Curious Leo,

Yo ! How is everyone ? Ok, I've brought my twins abt 5/6 times on short trips like KL, Club med bintan , n a couple of cruises as well as to Phuket. .

For all my trips , I use distilled water for making milk n drinking water. If lugg permits ( rarely
happy.gif
, I bring additional boiled own water ( a few bottles of it ). I also bring diapers ,
wet wipes , buscuits , pj , clothes , new n small toys ,
blankie , some bottled food in case they dont like the food in
tat country, bolster , detergent to wash their bottles n cutleries, n def medicine. We do not sterilise when overseas . We initially brought those sterilizing tablets , but keep forgetting to use it . So now nev sterilise . We wash wif hot water though .

We take panadol , nurufen ( for fever 38.5) , n cold med .
We r taking them to HK in dec , n this one is a bit more of a challenge as it's colder ( winter ) , also a longer plane ride (them onboard for 4 hrs = headache for us ) , also HK streets r really narrow n crowded.

Nevertheless , I think u will be ok wif them . U done vaccinations for some kind of flu or something for twins ?

I take My pram for all the holidays , as likely we r out all day or at least long enuf for them to need to nap . When we Brought twins To Phuket abt half a yr earlier , at Phuket , the Roads r not v smooth . Lots of holes n rough n bumpy. But it beats carrying them everywhere .

Hope this info helps . Enjoy !

Thanks Poko1, you know what! You are amazing, you answered to most of my queries n fears. Can you manage to buy distilled water in that country? What kinda and where did you get the bottled food? Do you bring sponge to wash their cutleries or just use hands? Cutleries meant their spoons right? You brought along their plates n cups too?

How do you wash the bottles with hot water? Boil the hotel flask and soak over them in a pail? I am thinking if there is a need for me to bring along a tub to wash their bottles and teats.

Flu vaccinations will complete by this month, just in time for the Thailand trip. How do you keep them busy in the plane? My kids are very active, and they will climb here n there at home, let alone if they are in the plane for 3 hours. I cannot imagine!!

What is the best timing to fly? How to protect their ear drums when the plane takes off?

Curious Leo .

Happy I'm ofsome help .
happy.gif
I have travelled a fair bit wif my oldest child , n now the twins . So, most hsppy to help .

I get my distilled water from Singapore . I'll buy additional from the country if I need more , else I'll just boil in the hotel as long as their water is drinkable . They cannot take mineral water though , so get the distilled water from guardian , Watson or ntuc ...

I will pack a sponge n a "ta bao " container to rinse the cutleries . Yes , I mean their own spoon n bowl
. I also bring their bowl n spoon in singapore though when we eat out .

I will bring a bottle brush to wash bottles n teats . Also a small container of detergent . I wash these in the sink
Actually .

I buy bb food from here . Organic ones n normal ones . I normally choose those beef stew , pasta , etc ... In case they don't eat . But so far , we never use them n we try to feed them someting suitable .

Plane rides - ipad , tv videos , iPhones may keep them bz for that while. Aft that , it's really quite hard . Cos Kids get excited over meal trays , the food , in flt sales gg ard , want to walk on aisle , etc ... Even the tsble in front of u ( those u need to flip to put your tray ), will be entertaintmt to them . Poor pax is front , table gets open n closed often. Unless u tske the bulkhead seat . But wif infants , i doubt u will get it .
( safety concerns ).

How old r yr twins ? They r above one ? If yes , I think they will be ok wif tske off n landing . If worried , get them milk to drink , or a pacifier ( sucking sensation decrease the pain)
Or breast feed them . Older kids - lollipop n candies can work too .

For me , am flts work best . Nite flt if long trips , will be stressful espec if kids don't sleep well in new places . Pax will be sleeping n kids making noise . But to BKK , it's normally am or pm flt so u can choose one that works best wif their alertness .

On flts or trips , I rather they have just woken up ( b4 boarding ) than the reverse . Cos once my twins r tired , n they can't sleep ...big big trouble ( aka : cranky ).

I hav

Thanks Poko1, you are such a seasoned traveller. My twins are 1.5 years old, very active and cannot keep still for 1 min. They are like yours, very curious about everything and tend to want to touch n open all of them. Tell them cannot and they still do it. Aiyo, sometimes they can cry or make noise in the public but I already very thick skinned liao cos 'trained' by them. Haha!!

Since you have been to BKK, can you advice me what type of food they can eat? Usually do you eat at the restaurant or street food?

Do you wash their clothes/bibs in the hotel or you just bring those disposable ones? How's the sleeping arrangement like in the hotel? I still cannot figure out how to place them as they sleep in bb cot at home, at times 1 will sleep in between us but neva 2 at the same time.

How do you make the distilled water hot? Sorry to ask so man queries.

Hi ! U wanna pm me , tell me your contact? Then I can give u more advices n u can ask me more .....

I think if I tell u on phone , easier to explain .

Hi those Mummies with Twins,

Please help! I need to find out how much confinement lady quotes when it comes to taking care of twins in general. Have you engage anyone before please let me know the estimate rate. Asking on behalf of a friend

Thanks!

mine charge me $2400 but u need a maid..she dun ck at all unless weekend.. i have confinement tingkat but wk days only/// she only care n bathe bb..the m does all the chores

Hi I'm a triplet mom with 3 girls who are 4.5 years old now. I just cleared their wardrobe and have a pile of their clothes(suitable for 2-3yrs old) that they have outgrown. As ive been blessed by many hand me downs , I'd like to also hand down the clothes they've outgrown.

You can self collect at Bishan. Do PM me.

Back