(2009/11) November 2009 MTB

karen
i bought the 5kg ginger cos my mum will be using it to cook the pig's trotters and also using it to cook for my confinement.. den the ginger needs to be washed and sun for a few days before cooking.. den she's cooking e pig's trotters next weekend ma. hehe. and she's cooking a big pot of it. so need more ginger..
happy.gif

hi ladies so quiet today? my mum just called to say she will not be helping me at all during my confinement, cos she complain she feel weak, my place far plus she can't tahan my 2 yr old son who is too active, plus she knows nuts about baby. haiz. all these excuses, when i only asked her to come on 3 nights out of the whole confinement month! cos my husband will be on night shifts ma. somemore i never ask her do anything, i only said that i feel better with someone around on the nights my husband around.

sigh, i envy those of you, whose mothers all busy getting herbs and cooking stuff for you, even asking you not to bathe is considered a kind of concern or feeling anxious for you.
not like me, mil can't stand me, own mother can't be bothered,husband also cos it's second baby, so not as helpful.

this time pregnancy really so different liao, got to do housework, got to help clear dog poo, got to look after boy, but yet, no tonic to drink, massage pay myself, no extra food for me, birds' nest also i complain then got 3 bottles.
alamak, feel so sian of things.

not enough income really cham!

oh btw, for hospital bag must bring more pj cos that time i only brought 2, in the end stain liao got nothing to wear..hospital dun provide.
and very cold too, bring bedroom slipper or socks.
i feel breast pump no need cos first 2 days no milk one lei.

i will birng this:
hospital pre-admission letter
identity cards
marriage certificate, photo-copied
Original receipts of antenatal package for claims
An outfit for going home
disposable undies
Some nursing breast pads
Some sanitary pads
face towels and a body towel
Baby set of clothes at discharge
Mittens and bootees at discharge
Baby handkerchief for milk spits along the way home
Baby sling
Some diapers and a pack of wet wipes
#1 promotion gift
Digital camera
Mobile phone charger

mybaby jovan
is it possible for u to find help on those nights your hubby working night? even if it's you mil? at least got someone around to help ya. esp since u got a toddler around. not easy.. think positively ya. hugs..
happy.gif

Hi all,

im selling my medela mini electric breast pump at $90

+Bought on March 2009
+Lightly used
+Can be operated with batteries/adaptor.
+Will throw in 3 free milk storage bag =)

Interested, sms me @ 90011410

3063851.jpg

Hihi!
took off today for the work done during public holiday... :p hehehehe..
happy.gif
now planning wat to have for lunch liao.. hehehe.. :p

the new wardrobe for the kids is coming today..
happy.gif
supposed to buy fr vhive and have it delivered on Sat.. but, vhive called last fri to tell us tt the wardrobe (last pcs in warehouse) is faulty and suggested tt we take the display set at 20% off... find it no point coz a new pcs already has 15% discount liao... additional 5% off for display not very attractive leh.. :p in the end, requested for refund and bought another wardrobe fr neighbourhood furniture shop..
happy.gif
cheaper than vhive and quality better somemore.. hehehehe..
happy.gif

regarding hosp bag, i packed half already... packing minimal stuffs there... think if lack anything, hubby can go back take.. :p most imptly is bb's mitten... last time, we put on mitten too slowly for my #1.. in the end, #1 scratch his own face with his super sharp fingernails.. :p

Morning ladies,
it's monday AGAIN!

Just wondering.. anyone going to ballot for the sale of balance flats from HDB?? Heez

Hihi good morning ladies!!!! Hope u gals have rested well over the weekend
happy.gif

Rue, yup yup we already online applied for the ballot for the sale of balance flats from HDB...location-wise, we r choosing bedol coz near my mum's place, u?

Shihui, wowwww....so good to have a monday off so definitely no monday's blues hor..hehe :p

shihui, hahaha...no tue blues la, it's going to be a short work week for u so juz relax and enjoy ur day off, if bored can go jalan jalan oso not so crowded today
happy.gif

morning all
sianz...mon again...

saintbaby, i also felt very tired over the weekend...i slept n slept! wow...5kg of ginger!! thas alot!! hehe

ashley, no leh...in the end my gynae didnt do the strep b test...if ur fil offers his place for the full mth party, go ahead lor...at least after tha u dun have to do the cleaning up :p

kimifin, if u have the itch on ur tummy, get a cream from ur gynae...it works for my case for my #1

myboyjovan, who's gonna do ur confinement for u then since ur mum cant help?

rue, the ballot this time sounds good...i did asked my sis to ballot for hers...but think the response is overwhelming

good morning all!

myboyjovan, is it poss. to hire a nighttime confinment lady and call in catering for your confinement food?

Sporty, why in the end you did not do the strep b test?

bearycue, soo good, go shopping liao ar? must enjoy today!
happy.gif

Shihui,
wat's EC? Thou u are living in BN flat at bt gomabk? still wanna move?

Bearycue,
i aiming kallang new flats. more choices. & hub wanted centralised location. Initially wanted bt batok, but only 5 flats & >80 appliciants, small hope. Dun wanna miss a chance again.

alicia, dr ang didnt do the strep b test for me...and i didnt ask him also...heheh

rue, EC is executive condo...

shihui, think nowadays hdb more keen to launch the DBSS rather than EC...

Alicia, hahaha...not me la...i'm at work...just suggesting to shihui to go shopping if she's bored coz she's having day off today :p

Rue, yup..tink kallang got more flats on offer and it's near the mrt too...good luck!
happy.gif

Shihui,
EC, nt even thinking of that. Not gg to fork out 0.5 million for a flat. I dun wanna slog my whole life for one.

bearycue, ya lor...my gynae think tha i dun have probs or he dun like to see me la...hahhaha... anywyas if i have any probs or what, can always pop by to see him

rue, those at kallang are not bad cuz my fren stays there...nice view if u can get a good unit facing the stadium side...cuz can see the kallang river and singapore flyer...hehe

sporty, hahaha...ur gynae tink u no prob and this is ur #2 shld be very steady liao so no need to see u hor...but abit lugi coz u take long time to see baby from the scan hor :p

sporty/ bearycue,
my gynae make me see him after 4 wks too, at 36wks. wonder if he will see me more often after 36wks

bearycue, me ok with tha la...cuz too much ultrasound for the bb is not good lor... and my gynae dun charge me if i pop by anytime also...hehhe

rue, my gynae said after 36 weeks, will be once a week liao...so i guessed urs shd be the same...

Rue,
coz i planning to enrol my #1 in a pri sch in the North.. so hor, got to move to the North.. else travelling to n fro sch will be too far for him liao....

oso hor, to qualify for HDB loan, i will need to upgrade to a flat larger than 5 room or EC to apply for HDB loan.. else, will be fr bank liao.... sian...

sporty,
ya lor... they r launching more DBSS than EC... no new EC launched for the past few years lor...
sad.gif
but hor, we dun qualify for DBSS... so stupid.. the selling price is like EC lor... but income ceiling so low......
sad.gif

morning, just had terrible morning handling my son. think i might just go bonkers.
sporty, foodwise is catering. i dun have confinement lady cos no budget liao after paying 1.5k for confinement catering.
alicia, dun have night time confinement lady lei, day time ones also hard to find, somemore charge same price. over what i can afford liao.

oh, btw, back to topic on birds nest. i remember wong boi boi said must take early morning on empty stomach then will be absorbed by baby, otherwise it actually goes to mummy instead. keke.

those of you with toddler, will your child be sleeping in the same room as you, with baby together or different room?

Good Morning ladieS!

How's everyone??? Anyone popping soon?? wow...it seems that everyone has prepared for confinement.

shihui, for EC, u have to take bank loan instead of hdb loan...so if u upgrade to get hdb loan, will be either executive maisonette/apartment liao...

jane, congrats on clearing the strep b test
happy.gif

myboyjovan, my #1 will be staying in a diff room when my CL leaves...i will stay with #2 and my hb will stay with #1...

sporty, guess wat?? finally i met dreams in person at our last antenatal class on sat liao, b4 dat we tried to sms each other but always missed the chance to see face to face..hehe :p

jane, hee...good good...congrats
happy.gif

myboyjovan, i found one day time confinement fr malaysia, she's charging $1500. but i think i'll just stick with confinement food catering.. :p

Rue, the trend of Singapore flat is gonna be 0.5mill or more. Don't think it will go down anymore.

Shihui, we are in the same boat lei. We are also waiting foor New EC if not we got to take up bank loan and take out min 5% cash. That is alot hor. That 8k income ceiling cap is really got prob. How could a family income of 8k and below afford a DBSS @ 700k.

morning ladies...

it's monday again!
happy.gif

sporty
actually not a lot of ginger la!
happy.gif
still quite okay.. me super tired eh.. last nite slipped in the toilet!
sad.gif
now bum pain pain.. and keep going toilet last nite to pee. haiz..
sad.gif
super stoned!

jane
congrats on clearing the strep b test.. me still waiting for your PM le.. on your "extras"..
happy.gif

mybabyjovan
my #2 will b sleeping with us..
happy.gif

sporty, does your son need you to pat him to sleep? my son can sleep with my husband but on his night shfts dunno how lei, i got to pat him to sleep and look after baby too.

funne, nowadays still got 1.5k confinement lady ar, rare. but you got help at home?

tanly,
ya lor!! i was stunned when i saw the price of the DBSS flats at Bishan... can buy pte condo elsewhere liao lor....... wondering how $8k salary can cope with the downpayment and the mthly installment... hai~~

rue,
i juz went to the website for the sales of balance flats.. wah.. Bishan resale flat with at least 10 over years hor, also need 0.5 million... sian... flats in North area really seriously overpriced.. :p

bearycue, pahseh! read too much postings, got mix up!
happy.gif

myboyjovan, you mean you pay 1.5k for your confinment food catering? that's expensive, $300 more can hire a full day CL liao...it's ok, at least your food is settled, see if your relatives or siblings is able to come over to help at night, esp. for the first two weeks...

Sporty, oh i see, that good! the most important thing is your bb is good and doing well, that'a why no need to go back to see gynes too often...so have you decided when to start your ML? i will be starting my HL nx wk...
happy.gif

Morning ladies!

Jane, congrats on passing your strep B test
happy.gif
Me will only know results in my next gynae appt.

Sporty, so lucky you managed to siam the test...hehehe....

For my baby's full month party, we will hold it in my house after discussing with my hubby....he doesn't want to trouble anyone (mainly his BIL's helpers / his mum) with the cleaning up. Fine, then he better be prepared to clean up the house by himself...I told him don't expect my parents to help clean up hor.

hey ladies, thanks for all ur congratulatory msges!
happy.gif

saintbb> will sms u later.
happy.gif
cos i did some trading on my own so very luan nows. lol.

anyway, i was very erm 'silent' this morning becos until now i am still very worried. last night i went to musical and was sitting 4th row from the front. dumb musical gave out clappers to the audience (nt told b4 hand or when purchasing tickets). i wonder if it was too loud for bb
sad.gif
i covered one of my ears throuhgout the musical and wore a jacket there. still wondering if bb was affected
sad.gif

saintbaby, oohh...hope u r feeling ok...we tend to go toilet often in the nite so must be extra careful as we r getting bigger hor :p

bearycue, hahhaha...finally!!
happy.gif
so was she the one sitting beside u tha time?

myboyjovan, strep b test is a swab test, usually taken at week 35+ to test whether u have this virus or something...if so, u will need antibiotics lor...

saintbaby, are u ok? how come so no careful and slipped in the toilet??!!

myboyjovan, sometimes he needs patting and sometimes he can KO by himself...depends lor...i think for ur case, maybe u have to let one of them sleep first...so they wun disturb each other...

tanly/shihui, if i'm not wrong...new EC also need the 5% cash downpayment, other than taking it from the bank... cuz its like buying a condo...

alicia, i starting my AL on 2 nov lor...2 weeks then after tha start ML for 12 weeks... u taking 16 weeks straight? how many days of HL is Dr Ang giving u?

ashley, my gynae never mentioned mah...and i happily forgotten...hehhe... anyways, will ask him again next checkup la... ya la, i tell u...the cleaning up after the party is very tiring, make sure ur hb agrees tha he's the one doing it!!

jane, i think ur bb's ok la...dun worry too much!

sporty
cos the bathtub slippery!! den i didn't c.. luckily landed on my bum! den hubby nag and nag the whole nite.. say i at this stage le still wanat to climb into bathtub and bathe.. blah blah blah.. on and on he went.. :S

saintbb> i have 2, 3, 5, 6, 8 x 3, 9 x 2, 13 x 4, 22 x 3, 24 x 2, 25 x 2, 26, 33, 36, 40 x 3, 46, 56 x 2, 59 x 2, 67, 76, 91 and 93 extras
happy.gif

Back