(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

mashy, will see how when i start to pack...if really cant fit in 1 big luggage then bo bian take 2..well i hv to tell myself to bring min stuff over
happy.gif

zen
I felt yes lah.. but I think its just their practice we are not used to. (err... anyone reading pls dont get angry and report to the media!)

after work they go to beer house, BBQ, smoking, dinner, etc... all confine space with bad ventilation. so the smell will be stuck to the hair and clothes... then they have those like febreeze type to spray but I think only can help abit lor...
so night time is the worst when taking trains. So if possible go to the ladies only cabin, and hb go cramp with the rest of the guys... hahaha!

oh ah tongs is confirm lah... much worst... highest record of recycled is 9days in my office! during summer also can recycle.

DOnkeymami,
ic but seriously with bb stuff v hard to minimise... i tink those big station shd have escalator la cos i check out the station liek Ikebukuro n shinjuku got map n they have escalator so shd be ok la.. maybe only few need to carry abit... ask ur HB go up n down few time lo bobian..

mashy

she can stand it only wash 1 a wk. Me 1 day never wash already cant take it.

kiki

Yes, I agree that summer they also recycle... I used to have a cycle who wear the same clothes for 2 days.... Than the smell is so strong...

Kiki

kekeke. I think in singapore we're used to bathing and changing everyday.

Did u see the news yesterday abt the new Delhi commonwealth games? Hahaha, the reply from the official is ultimate. So funny.

mashy
wah! you power lah... I live in China for 5 years and I even dont dare to go to their station toilet once. For me, only if I can find a decent hotel / shopping centre then go to toilet. if not then ren...

not only that... i think the air-con is super weak in the train / shopping centre during winter... i think in fact they didnt on it at all!

SL:
Thanks.

cause i think now we go for trial can only go for the playnest.. and the voucher ends end of this yr.

i just called them and they are all fully booked
only 2slots left for tomorrow 11am - 12.30pm. and 1oct 2slots 11am - 12.30pm.
the mention only maximum 2trials in each class..

oh and its at Forum. ;)

ooooooo.
cause its free ma. so everyone who nv join before sure go. plus the timeframe left is like only 3months...

i will be going for tomorrow's lesson.

Now they made a turn around and said Indians are very clean and bathe daily while some foreigners don't even do that. Hahaha. I don't want to be called racist but they themselves labelled themselves as such.

JG Trial via posb card:

tml slot all full liao.
they mention they only open for trials only on every fridays. no other days slot and no weekends slot.

dollie,
I'll call up GUG & let them know u & janice wants to join. The lady was saying the timing is not fixed cos she wants to confirm with the rest of the parents b4 she starts the class. U ok with 11.30am timing?

piggy,
Actually, a light stroller is really good. Even i alone can carry it cos it's really light. Btw, u going tokyo? Cos we reached there at abt 8am, and took their limo bus at abt 9.30am. Very convenient cos just wait at the entrance for the bus after clearing customs, and the bus took us directly to the hotel. But of cos, it depends on which hotel u stay oso. Ours is at Metropolitant Hotel at Ikebukuro.

enfagrow scoop size

Anyone can advise me whether enfagrow's scoop is the same size as enfapro?

Got e samples but they're for 235ml serving. So strange

pegsfur,
Would like to attend the trial session at GUG as well. But can only make it on sat. Cos sun is my HB "day off". He is going to be out in the morning till afternoon around 1pm every sun. Sometimes even later. I missed last week trial cos i was sick and HB gotta settle some stuff.

In any case, only Mountbatten outlet is offering 50% off trial rite till end of Sept? I think i will give them a call to find out if they do any trial on sat...

Piggy,
I have a baby carrier that is able to hold the weight till about 25kg. It is called Patapum. Not sure if you would like to loan it? Can piggyback or front carry. But i am staying in punggol leh.

If any mummies want to loan it for their trip also can.

Congrats Dollie! U expecting a boy or a girl? Dunno whether i will deliver in nov or not also. My EDD is 5 Dec...starting to walk like a pengiun now. Cham...

Joycec,
thanks.. but kyler dun like being carried n we prefer puttin him in stroller thanks ya... i tink Dollie expectin a gal??? saw her postin F/B
happy.gif
wat abt u gal or boi? dunno i can see the gender this sat anot..

fatbobo,
sorry miss ur postin .. wkend is ok but sat i may not be at home.. anyway u sms ya:p

Hi all, back from my aus trip.

These days what r u all chatting?

Note for those planning to aus n new zealand, we cant bring in any food at all.
but if u have a baby n go through the declare path n meet a good officer u can bring in without any problem..
happy.gif

Also aus supermarkt have all our babies needs, so actually no need to bring a lot.

Donkeymami: maybe u bring one luggage and one big sports bAg. Then can put on top of the luggAge and drag along.. Split jovia's things between the two bags. Carry the sports bag on so u have a bag for her things..

Then when u come back u have a big bag to store ur loot too..

Babys, yup i hv esprit sport bag if gng 1 luggage not enuf then hv to fill tat bag..on top of tat need one either my current sling bag or hubby's backpack
happy.gif

Pegsfur, tat's vy convenient my hotel still need to walk a distance no most likely will take narita express. mayb i decide again when i reach there.

yeah, but if no baby then they r very strict. My friend bag was being check n her mooncake [gift]was ask to open n check if there r any egg york inside.

pegsfur,

how is the metropolitan hotel? we wanted to book tat but in the end decided to save the money & book sunroute plaza instead. how's yr kid in the bus? how long was the journey? i dun think my boy can stand being in a bus for so long. so decided to take train instead.

piggy,

which nex package are you toking abt? is it cheaper?

zen,

The top floors are better cos they just renovated ... nice & clean. I'm not sure if they 'downgraded' us to the lower floor cos we 'demand' for a baby cot. Hahaa .. they were saying our room was too small to place a baby cot but my sis & I thot they shld hv put up that pc of information on the agency's and their website. How can they tell us after the booking is confirmed? Anyway, after much haggling, they finally said the space will be very limited if we really want the cot, and said they will place the cot there, we can see if we still want it. In the end, there's really no space for the cot, but we told them we dun need the sofa & coffee table, and we have space! But our room was quite old, really different from my sis room at the higher floor.

Ok, as for the journey to hotel, ovann slept thru out the journey as it was a 2hrs ride. Woke up awhile b4 we reached hotel and was a little noisy, cos he kept wanting to go to my mum's seat, my hubby's seat, den back to my seat. How long wld it take for the train to reach?

By the way, if anyone of u going to asakusa, DON't ever patronize this shop. I dun hv the shop's name and we were too pek chek to take pic. But i found a pic online :http://www.flickr.com/photos/oncoming/3179505908/
This is the shop which refused to spare me some hot water even though we were having our meals there. Much as i understand the rationale that if they allow one, the others will follow. But 1 look and u know we are foreigners, and with a baby. U dun get foreigners with a baby asking for hot water everyday, do u? We wldn't even mind paying for the water. But his attitude really puts me off, so much so that it tars the image i have of japan. Anyway, the food doesn't taste nice, the prawn was cold, what's there to be proud of?

Maid Agency Urgently

Anyone has an Indonesian maid n can recommend your agency? Need to get a transfer maid urgently.

Been waiting since mid aug n can't find anyone coz of Ramadan then puasa

Hopefully one which is open on weekends n is of larger scale so there's more availability? Getting desperate

Jul,
my maid from nation.. i tink it abt ur luck not the agency wor.. so far my maid v gd but she not trf maid la.. they open on sat i tink but not full day.. u can check..

Actually for Japan, i do not think they are used to dishing out hot water. It is best to bring your own. They are more used to giving people cold water. If i remember correctly, they always have jars of cold water on the table.

Gals who are going there, enjoy! But it is true that most of the eateries are not child friendly and tend to be very cramp. but this is how it is like in Japan. Gotta make do with the limited land space. I guess the only child friendly place i can think of is Disneyland. haha...

Would love to go back there again! Food is good...

jul:: i got mine from BUDGET. i tink sat/sun oso open.. but like piggy said... it's not going to be like 'a prestige school deliver good student' kind! they r all agents only, there are good and bad ones, even those very small-scale agents might have good maids de. plus, when u want a transfer maid, there are risk too..depending on what was the reason she was returned to agency for transfer.

wish u luck in getting a good helper sooooooooooon~

Good morning Ladies,
went for a week holiday to Penang n KL during sch holidays, my living rm floor tiles pop up, so HDB doing FREE replacement on floor tiles. come back to sin hv to put the furniture back, then back to work, me swim under water.

finally backlog clear, can up the water breathe a bit.. hehehe

Birthday Bash Photos
I got 2 CD for the Birthday Bash Photos from the photographer, there is total 620 photos. i tot maybe the CD can pass around. what do the rest think?

Jul,
you can go Hougang Green near Hougang St 51 lots of maid agency there.

April,
Welcome back:p
for the photos i tink previously Mich suggested to upload the pic in some photo album den we DL which ever we wan? cos so many mummies will take a long time to pass ard?

Kinderland @ Yio Chu Kang & My Little Skool House @ Orchid Country Club
any mummies hv send their kids to kinderland @ yio chu kang & My Little Skool House @ orchid Country Club? need to hv some feedback.
they hv programmes for 18 mths onwards for 3 hours from Mon to Fri. Intend to place edric next year in april on for this prog. working mothers hv S$110 from govt subsidy.

stay 3D2N at orchid country club when back singapore last week, i love the environment there.

piggytoh,
I will upload this weekend to "yousendit.com" oni take a look yesterday evening on TV was surprise wow 600+ of photos inside. agreed too many mummies to pass around.

Jul

enfagrow's scoop is the same size as enfapro.
Just use bk the enfapro scoop will do.

Joycec

Congrats... Wow like so many mummies here is expecting #2....

Zen

Is the sunroute plaza u staying at Shinjuku?

April

Welcome back....

dollie,
Was typing my reply to u last nite when the forum suddenly turned to maintenence mode.

Anyway, ya, it's not confirmed as the lady said she's waiting for other mummies to confirm. Actually i'd prefer an afternoon slot too but it seems that she doesn't have enuf students to open up another class. So i guess unless the 11.30am full, and we have enuf for a later session, maybe they'd open a class for us?

She said gonna call me either by yesterday or today. She hasn't call yet, i'll ask her when she calls den let u know ok?
happy.gif

joycec
Ya lah, i know it's not their 'culture' to give hot water. A few restaurants gave us hot water when we asked and we were truly grateful. I think we all know there's bound to have black sheeps everywhere, but the attitude was uncalled for .. we wldn't have been so pissed if he had tell us nicely.

Back