(2009/08) August 2009 MTBs

Fatbobo, yup i'm ok for full english class if billingual is not available. i prefers suntec but heard Novena branch have better teachers there is it true? by the way how big is the class size?

Smurfy, GUG is not fanchise company yet hope they can maintain the standard for all centres.

Is shicida better or GUG better?

I see kids doing shicida r quick in tinkin, somehow they do more in mathematics..

Actually I always wanted to go for shicida..

Kikilala,
I went LSH at Khoo teck phuat...really nice!!
Exact same fees as yours...shiong lei
I'm impressed by the behaviour of the kids so v tempted to send Ryan there but cost is a huge factor!!

Babys,

My first skool is under ntuc childcare.. Which is known as my first campus now..

Anyway ntuc is e HQ.. We hav cooperative like childcare, income, fairprice, club, eldercare, thrift n loan, choicehomes..

All e individual cooperatives existence r to provide affordable prices to mbrs.. Of cos along e way, profitability is their bread n butter too..

Actually LSH is lookin at a centre in NTUC centre, one marina boulevard too.. But currently hiccup cos e venue they lookin at now only has 1 emergency exit which is not allow under mcys guidelines.. They need 2 exits minimum..

Hence duno goin ahead still ornt..

hoho.. joyful has to do a corporate education to us.. hahahahhaa.

RE: GUG
> class size max = 12 students : 2 teachers
> United Square only has a bilingual class on Sun 2pm BUT full
> Suntec has bilingual class on Sat 11:30am or 2pm, currently still hv space
> GUG is not a franchised company, they are not intending to franchise at moment, any new outlets will be a branch
> all teachers/facilitators (from all outlets) come from their main, ie, United Square. their teachers get moved around or if they prefer to go to a particular outlet if eg they stay nearer there.
> curriculum at all centres the same, so it's just parents' preference of the location or environment
> MU class can be granted by 'credit' terms, u can offset it when u pay for the following term if u r going to continue the next. BUT, it's only granted if child is away (on hol) during school holiday period or sick.
> the admin mgr suggest we start the class after most of u return from holiday..ie, Nov?

Fat bobo,
I'm interested in English class at GUG united sq
happy.gif

joyful,
my colleague told me shicida good but v ex!

impression shichida give me is just purely flash cards la.. duno wat duno wat......
so my tots r cant really compare shicida with GUG? GUG wld hv lotsa fun in it as well?
i duno.. pls correct me if im wrong.. so wat's shicida like actually?

Sharon

I check on e cost.. 12 weeks abt $1100, inclusive parent n gst.

Our programme starts on every January, April, July and October term.
The age groups will be from 3 months to 6 years old (Pre-Junior level) and 7 to 10 years  old (Junior Level). The duration of each lesson is 75minutes. The first 5 minutes is the welcome routine, 55 minutes on the lesson and the last 15 minutes spent for instructors and parents
sharing session / interaction. There is no trial lesson for the programme.
We have a small class size from 4 to 6 children and only one parent sits in the class with the child.

The classes are on a weekly basis. You may choose either a weekday (Mondayto Friday) or weekend (Saturday or Sunday) lesson. Each termconsists of12 weeks. The children are grouped according to the year that they are
born in.

Fees details for all new registrations are:

Weekday/Weekend
Term Fees : $745.00 / $780.00
Registration Fees (Annual) : $50.00  /  $50.00
Parent Education Course: $195.00(1 pax)
GST 7%: $69.30    / $71.75
Subtotal: $1059.30 / $1096.75
Deposit: $300.00   / $300.00
GRAND TOTAL: $1359.30 / $1396.75

*The Parent Education Course is for parents to learn the theory of right brain development and what home practices consists of.

There is a 5% discount on the term fees for the 2nd child's enrollment in the programme..
Both children must be concurrently in the programme in order to enjoy this discount.

*The Deposit : $300
(This is an one time payment which will be fully refunded when the child withdraws from the program and upon completing the term. Please note that Terms & Conditions do apply).

Please take note that all new applications will require a $50
registration fees(Non-Refundable) and deposit of $300.

Wat's e cost like for GUG?

Colig's gal tis yr 3yrs old
Childcare YWCA teaches 1-5 numbers, but in shicida she is learning addition n subtraction ler..

Another 6yrs old learning matrix in shicida..

I tot tat was impressive..

Joyful,
thanks for the info
wow! Shichida really ex!
Tink little neuro tree also such prices...tink these 2 more on right and left brain training

GUG 4 lessons $168+
if I'm not wrong 1 term 8 lessons
gug more on phonics and abit of art n craft??
shichida double the price but they teach different things

GUG
Does a parent required to accompany e child?

I m interested in the bilingual class too.. Let mi check w hubby if suntec is fine mah..

Pls put mi on the sat 2pm slot..

Joyful,
for our children age gr 1 parent accompany is needed...

Sharon,
Shichida is really too ex n it more on memory out of my budget le mus save for #2...

joyful
what the difference betwn ntuc, xtra n finest? :p

shichida
is not just about flash cards.. more on left/brain training.. mummiesssssssssss need to do alot of homework with kids at home as well (to practice).. but otherwise, i quite like them as an enrichment program.. but too expensive .

My gal is attending right brilliance in toa payoh. Also a right brain training sch and it was featured on channel 8 documentary before. It does a lot of photographic memory, fine motor skills, speed reading. I wonder how long it'll take before I can see the results. Kekeke.

i make a mistake on the Shicida charges..
based on weekend class.
$835 (inclusive of gst)
the parent education course is only 1 time course.

GUG is $540 (inclusive of gst)
---------------

i tink i will check out the shicida class first... i tink i am more interested in that..

smurfy

ntuc fp is the normal supermkt..
Ntuc Xtra is like carrefour sell more stuffs like applicances, clothes, and etc..
Finest sell ah-tas stuffs, like japan watermelon square type $20 each..

Sharon

Little Neuro tree per lesson is $50. They are franchised company. I find the lesson a bit boring. Cos they learn Engish, Chinese and Japanese. Than all this 3 lesson will be teaching the same things just that in different language.

the home practices need not be a sit down session mah.. u can always recall the classes and go thru in the car, before bedtime, after meals, during shower.. anytime!

my colig didnt do much home practices too, but the kid really turn out much much more quicker than others..

of cos, it still depends alot on individual kid's learning curve too..

he is now in Bright kids..

saw a banner near his current IFC got a new My First Skool opening.. have not check it out yet..

not so sure abt if we wan to change his sch when he is 18mths oso.. he is doing fine in current sch.. he love 1 particular teacher, young n pretty.. haha..

anyway NTUC mber has got discount for My First Skool, but the discount is in terms of LinkPoints..

full day childcare entitle to 1,285linkpoints. U can offset your goceries in FP using LP oso.. 150LP = $1, hence 1285Lp = $8.60

hi morning ladies!

wah! all of you toking abt sending kids to enrichment classes etc... making me panic... i'm still very laid back on this. sometimes i wonder if i need to be so KS to groom ethan to be the best or should i just let him have the space to grow at his own pace?

fatbobo/sharon,

I agree with smurfy and mashy that right brain training is good it improve the kids' memory which is good but must do alot of homework at home (thats why i am sourcing for right brain materials).

It is not purely on flashcards, and I see for myself some toddlers in my boy's class (they are longer there since 7mths!) can really "remember" certain tasks leh. :p

I am trying to be persistent like mashy hope can see result in my boy soon heehee..

good mrng all~

yawnz~ reached offc so late today cos of bad traffic mostly cos of rd closure due to F1.. kns! the bus i took dun even go into marina area.. n drop us off at the bus stop before turning to MBS.. best, no mrt nearby! but heng, there was another ah-kiao who wanted to get into suntec area..n i suggested we share a cab!

donkey:: welcm, tried my best to rmbr to ask GUG the qtns we wanted to ask.. hehe. im ok to start the class in nov. but wait, ur interested in suntec outlet izit?!? not sure then if they can be flexi on that.. cos currently mountbatten is still new and they can be more flexi abt our classes.

GUG - UNITED SQUARE
1) Sharon / Ryan
2)

GUG - SUNTEC
1) Donkeymami / Jovia
2)

GUG - MOUNTBATTEN
1) April / Edric
2) FatBobo / Mattea
3) FatBobo / Keona
4)

kiki/piggy:: sorry, not sure which outlet u prefer??

I feel if possible, no need to put your kids in full day CC as they are very prone to falling sick. Unless really no choice, then put them to full day CC.

There are 2 schools of thought :
Let the kids stay home and be virus free.
Let the kids go to school to learn, if the kids catch a virus, allow them to fall sick and build up their body immune system.

I put my son to full day CC at 19 months. He'll have at least 1 episode of fever each month. His cough never seem to recover too. We'll visit the PD at least once a month until the PD said to put him on the inhaler/puff to control his cough.

I think if possible, just send the kids to playgroup or halfday CC unless really no choice.

Btw, i put my son in My First Skool, they do have enrichment class, ABC Music & ME, just pay additional $85 per month.

Zen,
tt y i start off Kyler with a short class n tt day bott him to Playdays he had so much fun except the part he fall n cut his head keke...

joeey:: 中秋节快乐too~

wanted to bring my girls downstairs last evng to ti lantern... but they got sleepy early.. so...ya!

btw ladies.. wat time ur 13-14mth todds r getting to bed in the night now?

JOeey,
tt wat i feel also tt y lookin for playgroup but my concern is need to change sch for him when he go nursery
sad.gif
argh many thing to consider sian~

Fatbobo,
i am ok with any outlet go with majority..

bobo, i prefers somewhere accessible by train cos i dun alway drive. in case my hubby travel or we dun hv car still can go for class..tat day i took a cab home after the trial costs me $18 liao
sad.gif

RE: GUG

GUG - UNITED SQUARE
1) Sharon / Ryan
2)

GUG - SUNTEC
1) Donkeymami / Jovia
2)

GUG - MOUNTBATTEN
1) April / Edric
2) FatBobo / Mattea
3) FatBobo / Keona
4) Piggy / Kyler
5)

kiki:: sorry, not sure which outlet u prefer??

piggy:: ya.. the cut was nasty lor! i tink they shld hv covered that area since it's a play area! n i dun like it that there was NO reaction at all frm the facilitator seating near to Kyler! although daddy was arnd... but Kyler was just in front of her.. n come one..the fall was IN THEIR CENTRE!!!

bobo

Denson get into bed about 8pm.. drink milk then roti prata awhile.. sleep ard 8.45pm.. latest 9pm..

he can only drink milk on the bed.. no where else..

Donkeymami,
ya recover liao he really active.. on Sunday hor he go n pull some wire of my com n i was holdin him so he wun fall end up he pull himself up n hit his nose sigh..

BObo,
oh really ah i din know i thot jus another fall until i saw the cut n the other lady quickly got me the ice pack but i also dun understd y they din cover tt part...

yeah piggy, how is kyler? no vomitting etc right? poor boy, after washing hands he fell and hit back of head then after that play ball hit front/ top of head..

bobo,
my 14mth gal sleeps ~10pm and wakes up at 6.45am (she has been waking up between 6.45 to 6.50am for the past 3 days, so zhun !)
she's actually tired around 9pm but keeps playing with the brother. she'll only sleep when she falls down, knock her head, cry, then she'll stop playing and lie down on the bed to sleep. hiaz ...

piggy,
yes, alot of things to consider, it's better to stick to one school, a good one preferably, so that the kids can get used to the routine, surroundings, people etc etc. They'll also have their group of friends where they can grow up with!
happy.gif

joyful,
my gal too, can only drink milk on the bed, and cannot have distractions! Otherwise, she'll rather play then drink milk. if drink on the pram, can only finish 80ml at most.

Piggy, i thk my hubby saw kyler fell & hit the cap that they used to cover the power point mayb the cap got shape corner that's why got a cut on his head.
sad.gif

BabyS,
ya he v notti la always wan to walk v fast end up lost balance... ya no vomitting when we reach home he start to luff n walk abt again...

JOeey,
ya lo tt y headache.. if i dun 1 to change sch most prob will end up with CC but i dun need 1 now if go half day i see the prog like not complete neither here nor there...

DOnkeymami,
can ask ur HB std n watch Jovia learn? or take pic??

DOnkeymami,
Kyler always chong here n ther so always hurt himself but i dun understd since got sharp edge y they din do anything? they shd know play area for children shd pay extra careful mah..

Back