(2009/07) July 2009 MTBs

Chiyojade,
Dr said not from mmr? Then what's his diagnosis? Amanda hasn't take hers yet. I only got an appt next mth n by then she'll be 18 mths old. When Ethan took it last yr, he had fever a wk or so later. Then the rashes broke out. V similar to those viral fever reaction.

BbEthan, yeah. not MMR.
The cheeks had rashes first 16 days after MMR. The next day, body also got them. My mum took him to paed as I was at work, but at that time, still not too bad, Quite faint. Gave hydrocortisone, but no use all these days.

Today's rashes are bad. :-(((

And Y is VERY CLINGY. Like hfmd that type of clingy, whiney. Kept wanting me and even when I'm next to him, kept saying, "Mama, Mama". Felt so helpless. So just sayang and sayang.

No fever at all. Have been taking temp for a few days already. My gut instinct told me sthing is wrong and even another mum friend also felt that sthing is not right. I gave asmafen, so if it doesn't go down by tom, will go back to paed! :-(

chiyojade,
Oh dear, hope Y recovers fast! Poor boy must be feeling uncomfortable. I remember Linsu also saying S has some bad reaction to water and was all red. Hope Y's would go off, just like S's did

sam
just saw ur post! had been so busy last wk that I nvr patron this thread.. thanks for info! hope cud still get the offer cos I haven't bought them too =P

chiyojade
OMG! I wish I've seen ur post earlier. Y & S took the jabs on the same day! Gave her MMRV.. and there r abt 3-4 hives-like rashes which turned to varicella-like rashes few days after that. I googled & also found that it's nothing but only a mere 2% will get this & S is the lucky one becos of her sensitivity I guess. Y's rashes look diff from what S had but it COULD be just another type of rashes from the MMRV (ie measles-like rash) like stated in the link below:

http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/511220_3

Anyway, hope Y gets well soon & nothing serious!

Went to see PD and she also doesn't know what the rashes are. He's fine, no fever, no itch, so she said just keep him cool. It flares up when he's hot (heat rash??) but so many days??? And he's perpetually been in AC at home for the past few weeks! Main thing is that he's not contagious so dunno how. Haven't introduced anything new either, so can't be allergy.

linsu, apparently it can't be from MMR because it only came out late last week. At first I thought it was from MMR, but apparently not so...so we'll just monitor and see how some more... Sigh.

Peanut, if you want to get the aquadoodle, buy the original. It's much smoother for drawing.

Any mummies have bought those tiny bpa free snack tubs? Im thinkin of getting another set but have lost the bp person contact. Pls let me know if any of u still have the contact. Cheers!

Inkling,
hope your boy will be alright. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping mine is one of the rare ones with no prob. Today is the 7th day after jab. Informed my aunt to watch for fever. So far still ok

Thanks lamagier, I hope so too. Good sign that he did not cry when the needle went in, prob due to the jelly candy I stuffed into his mouth. Sugar rush!

chiyojade,
I just called my aunt yesterday. Seems like the MMR jab just slide off her like water off a duck.

I think my one is really like a cow. She's suddenly turned into a voracious eater a week before the MMR and now still going on strong. I guess I should count myself lucky. So far she never had any reaction to any of the vaccinations.

Hi Mummies, I have some baby weaning food to let go.

1) Nestle Graduates Puff (Peach)
Each: $6.00
Buy two at: $10
4813248.jpg

2) Nestle Cerelac (Rice & Mixed Vegetables)
Each: $4.00
Buy two at: $6
4813249.jpg

3) Nestle Cerelac (Brown Rice)
Each: $5.00
Buy two at: $8
4813250.jpg

Further offer: Buy all 6 items above at $20.

Interested Please email me at [email protected]

Thanks!

hi mommies

sorry to disturb, i have stocks for BN Qipao at for babies and toddlers for the CNY..Pm for pics and size. Its $23 inclusive of local postage

Cheers

Dino, Thanks! I went anyway, mainly pigeon, avents milk bottle. BTW, taka card members additional 10% this weekend. Have a nice weekend!

Hi, does anyone here use NUK milk bottles?

Am I using it incorrectly or what? The milk drips out like nobody business if you turn the bottle upside down with the cap on. I reckon the problem lies with the cap not being able to block the hole on the teat.

Pe@nut,
Gen is using NUK milk bottles from the standard to the current Premium bottles for more than 1 yr... R u using the latex or the silicon teats? Large hole I suppose? Mine also leak when I hold the bottle upside down. I'm quite pissed off initially when I used the latex teats with standard bottle and it keep leaking when I'm feeding Gen but now it seems better after I changed to Premium bottles with silicon teats...

I jus terminated my Taka Amex card yesterday night coz I was not eligible for annual fees waiver and I'm not gonna pay $200plus for the annual fees for 2 cards coz I supp my hubby's one too... too ex liao... I'm waiting for the new Taka Visa platinum to reach me in 2 weeks time...
I usually get my bottles from JL and Metro sales since they carry NUK products... I dun shop much in Taka but loves Metro Paragon coz of its Monsoon, Accessoriez & Mothercare...

TJE,
Taka Amex is a Premium card, double check with DBS staff last night liao... First yr free waiver, thereafter have to use at least $6000 every yr in order to waive it... Applying Taka Amex have to exceed 50k per annual but the new Taka Visa is just like normal visa card just need to exceed 30k salary per annual to apply for it, so Taka Visa is not a Premium card and can waive off annual charges jus like Metro Visa, didnt need to spend minimum amount to waive annual fees... No choice i got to downgrade...

I'm going to cancel off my American Express right after 1 yr too, AMEX dun allow any annual charges waiver w/o spending a certain amt on each card... I must be crazy and dumb to apply for AMEX card back then, damn stupid to pay for annual charge when I only spend less than 100 bucks on that card nia... I'm holding on to more than 20 cards (excluding those I supp for hubby) and some of them I dun even use them for the past 2 yrs, but since annual fees no need to pay, so every yr jus make a call to waive off nia... I'm not gonna hold on to cards that need to pay annual fees...

TJE,
dun say my name here lah... in case my colleagues come in to kpo...
Auto waiver w/o calling is 6k spending per year... but i'm not sure if the 6k only for 1 card or its inclusive of spending from both principal plus supp cardholders to make up 6k...
In all, both mine and his supp card for taka, we only spend less than 500bucks, definitely fall short of the quota, no wonder no room for negotiation for waiver...

Dino mum, my hb holding dbs amex & he didnt spend a single cent for past few yrs. N manage to waive it successfully.

Like u, i cancelled my taka amex cos they refused to waive my annual fees. My colleagues who used to hold taka visa also didnt get their annual fees waived successfully. One of them re-applied & ironic bank approved it. Stoopid!

Twinkle,
I'm referring to American Express cards, not the bank's AMEX... It's hard to get waiver from American Express, and the moment we activate the card, the first thing to pay is not our shopping but it's the annual fees... Which explains y I wanted to cancel the moment 1 yr is up coz I used the card not knowing that I had to pay annual fees immediately once card activated, so bo bian I had to pay annual fees...

Btw, Taka only have Visa debit card & Amex prev, dun have visa credit card... That's y I applied for their Amex last year... Their Visa platinum was only launched recently less than 1 yr... A good alternative to cater for low income shoppers like me who dun spend much a yr... Perhaps ur friend is holding on to Taka AMEX and as usual, hard to get waiver, so now apply for the new Visa platinum jus like wat I did... For their visa debit card, fees only $5 per year, but should be catered for younger shoppers below 21...

Thanks all! I guess I wouldn't be using NUK then.
Are there other reputable brands for their cute designs, bpa free, and non-leak?

How abt pigeon? Same problem as nuk?

Dino mum

I also cancelled my taka Amex earlier this yr coz they refused to waive the annual fees. I even write in to complain. They said coz it's Amex. Anyway I may just get my hb to apply for the taka visa and get me a supp card. The only card that I still pay annual fees is the isetan card. It's $12 annually so still ok lah. Anyway I spend there quite often.

hi hi mummies...its me and guess what??

Im preggy again! Mixed feelings since Sun when I knew...coz me and hubby did really plan for a 2nd one yet, esp when my 16mth old son is still so hyper active now...

Yet to see Dr Lawrence Ang for a scan since he is out of town.......

Hi Blessed,

Congrats, slibings with close age gap has its pros and cons. As a mum of 2, I feel actually there is not best age gap to keep.

Well all I can say if you are not planning for No.3. take precautions
happy.gif

Re: No.3
I'm thinking if I should consider no.3.. being I have 2 gals I think the family would like to have a boy..
happy.gif
But having no.3 means I may be able to provide less for my 2 girls... cause 1 more mouth to feed, 1 more person's expenses.... Headache...

Hi Blessed, congrats on your pregnancy!
I guess the difficult part is when the older one need you to carry her/him and still want as much as attention as your baby. Anyway, enjoy your second pregnancy. And, yes, take precaution after giving birth if you don't want to plan for #3 (yet?).:>:>

Life with 3 kids is fun and yet overwhelming + super tiring. I have practically no time to sit down at all from the moment I wake up in the morning. Especially during school holiday, we're on the go every single minute. If I have some program like lunch then got to find way to 'squeeze' some activities for the kids and as I don't have double stroller, I can only bring 2 kids max, by myself.

About the credit cards, I always call the bank (DBS or Citibank) to waive the annual charge. so far all have been successfull and I never pay any annual fee before. My hb also seldom use his amex card but can get waived as well.

Peanut, how about Dr.Brown brand? available at kiddy palace, mothercare or First year shop at paragon. I will gradually change all the bottles to BPA free one. THis bottles got some sort of straw to ventilate the air out to prevent colic.

Xmas coming soon. December is the so-broke-month. Lots of pressies to buy, lots of things on Sale! kekeke...

Btw, anyone can recommend which ride is suitable for our 16mths old at Universal studio?

blessed09
CONGRATULATIONS! Is baby due in Sep 2011? I think you are the second mom in our thread to be pregnant again. Cool! Look forward to hearing your updates...

Credit cards
We (as in hubby and I) use AMEX cc most often coz it gives us frequent flyer miles and we do travel a fair bit so that's really useful. He just recently applied for another cc coz they have a promotion of giving a free return air ticket to Tokyo. However must pay annual fees upfront, which I believe is SGD240.

Etirto: Rides + Shows on Universal Studio
We brought the kiddos to US last month and he took rides on the King Julien’s Party carousel (Madagascar), Magic Potion Spin (mini ferris wheel), Dino-Soarin (can go up/down as we fly around in circles) and the giant cups thing that just spins you giddy (cannot recall name). Queued for Treasure Hunters in Egypt land but the ride broke down so we wasted an hour plus there
sad.gif

We caught the 4D Shrek show but took the row of seats that are fixed. We also caught a few other shows - the WaterWorld, Lights, Camera, Action: Hosted By Steven Spielberg (recording of course) and Live Donkey (Shrek).

Hope this helps.

Inkling/Erito/Sunweet/

Thanks babes!yeah as much as I wanted to have a 2nd one, ust that thot it would have been better if I was preggy perhaps next yr..well guess sooner or later it has to be me doing the delivery rite..so am kinda happy now also la...

oh yes, perhaps after my 2nd one, I shall consider all options on closing factory liao...me and hubby kinda decided on 2 kids..Erito, kudos to you on handling all 3 lil ones ; )

blessed09,
Congratulations!!!!! Ur gynae Dr Lawrence Ang? The one @ Sun Plaza?
My #1 wasn't plan as well, but happy that she has become my hubby's bundle of joy jus that at times I'm "green" when she keep "fighting" with me over her daddy's affection... Sometimes she refuses to call me mama, instead she call me jiejie (I guess coz I behave like a kiddo when I keep kajiao-ing her)
Thumbs up for a baby rabbit...
happy.gif

Etirto,
What Inkling listed are the rides which lil Dino took as well... Just that her favourite is Treasure Hunters... As for Waterworld, do sit at the back coz it's quite loud (esp so if u bringing #3 along)...

Hi,

I am looking for:

a) 2nd HAND RAINFOREST JUMPEROO.
b) BRILL KIDS FLASH CARDS

Please email me if you have 2nd hand jumperoo & Brill kids flash cards for sale. thanks.

Inkling/Dino-mum, thanks for the advise. We had fun at USS and only finish at 7pm. we took most of the rides twice or even thrice (KS!) and I was surprised that my gal wasn't scared at all. On the flying Dino rides, she even wave her hand bye bye, may be she doesn't fully understand yet. Nigel also ride the flying chairs with my hb (I didn't dare to go). We tried the Shrek 4D show, with the moving chair. it's more fun.

Hi,

If you are using contact lens of -7.50 degree, and interested in daily disposable contact lens, pls contact me at [email protected]

I have two boxes of Acuvue for sale and price is negotiable.

Expiry date 2012 & 2013

Thank you!

Hi Mummies

Im letting go 1 tin of BN 1.8kg Gain iq stage 3 as gareth dont really like it and am sticking on to Wakodo till he is 3yr olds.

Kindly PM me if you are keen. Goin at $58. Cheers!

I have 2 x 900g Karrihome goat milk 3-7 yrs old.
Letting go at $35 each, own collection or meet at Somerset.
Expiry 2012 Oct.
Interested PM me

for mommies who have upgraded the prams,
can share what pram u use now? need to change one cos S outgrow her combi le.. Preferably fully reclined ones & wider too.. TIA!
happy.gif

linsu
edna is outgrowing ehr combi too! hard to turn the pram ard corners nowadays!!! i tot my combi giving way LOL
not many prams can fully inclined leh..
i know maclaren got 1 thou! but i no heart to spend that kind of money!!!

Back