(2009/07) July 2009 MTBs

i see.. okie thanks Jamine n HBB for the info on phelgm !! My confinement lady tell me can try out chinese medicine, dunno what Hou Zao San.. heard made from monkey dunno which part...hmm..eeks (!!)..
or either 枇杷. i haven't try out yet..

annie
yes hou zao san is another option...
but sometimes we duno wat is realy in thr.. so dun dare anyhow suggest to others lar.. pearlpowder at least ehh its pearl haa.. calcium LOL
at most bb grow teeth earlier? haaaa

Annie

Both my 1st born and my baby nw have phelgm since birth. But after a few months, the phelgm will go away leh.

Pls consult chinese physican on the Hou Zao San. cos they r not to be consumed in large qty. They r made fm monkey kidney. As for baby boy, not advisable to take too much pearl powder also.

Annie

Bb is too young to take these TCM stuff, so pls don't try. SOme of these tcm stuff has slight poison in it, not suitable for bbies. GO see PD if need to.

annie,
not sure less den 1 mth can eat anot... try pearl powder.. ask the TCM. agreed wif ning that pearl powder cant eat much too... need consult them.

jamie,
is 3 mths if m not wrong if m not wrong.. for funeral more superstitious lahz... s for wedding not sure leh

jamie
left 3kg but i still feel v flabby everywhere... still can't fit into all my bottoms
sad.gif

re cluster feeding
i realised my girl also has this habit after 6pm. how frequent do u all allow? is it too much every hour cos my girl has reflux prob.

Re: feeding

tell u what, maybe ur bb are not looking to feed? Just now my gal cried again, just 1.5hrs after latching. i resisted latching her on, so brought her out, put her on the rocker and she stopped crying! Guess she's bored on the bed... Now she's happily watching my boy's trains go by. heheh.

annie, don't take risk with the TCM, just go and see PD

bestberries,
If you can try to take experienced maid for this time. Is it Indon? Because when we deal with newborn, have to be really really carefull, especially we really dunno what's in their brain. My maid has been with me for 3 yrs, since my first one was born. But till now still act idiotic sometime (or really stupid, sorry...). Like when my #1 boy ask her for the big blue kitchen scissor for him to play, she gave him. Then I shout at her, why did you give to him, you know what she said? she said" Huh? Cannot ah?" * Faint*
She's also very slow and eat half of my confinement food liao. But I just close 1 eye (or both eyes). Very hard to get a good maid.

hbb, gripe water is not the same as ridwin? this ridwin can buy in guardian?

Kim, is not easy to take care of my #1 boy le, he's super super fussy about food. Got 1 time he only want to eat anything just white color only, rice with white fish with cauliflower...haiz. funny thing is I have to beg him to try sweet stuff like ice cream, or sweet, and he just simply spit it out, acting like I give him poison. Ppl say it's good that he doesn't like sweet stuff but as a mom I also want him to taste something nice mah...Hopefully my #2 gal won't be the ko ko.

RE: Colicky bb
I was told colicky baby cries with their legs lifted high up as it's their instinct to clear the wind from their tummy.

RE: Phlegm
Yes, I was told the peral powder helps to clear the residual amniotic fluid that is left, but yes, like ning said, be careful not to give too much to baby boy. I give Kaelem two days then a day break, but he hates it.

Jamie, like HBB, me dun observe this. I love to dress up, so sure wont miss weddings & parties, but curry function I am not keen unless bo-bian.

Bestberries, every so often, we all forget to count our blessings.. watever it is, 加油!加油!

RE: Feed, grow spurt
My doc just told me Kaelem is consuming more than avg 2wks old bb. She said usually they take in about 60ml but since he takes 100-110ml, I told her I hv 2 supp with FM, which she think it fine.

I found an advantage to give FM-- when I was at embassy, he was hungry and refuse to latch, I just make FM and feed, wow! so easy!

I also think he is going thru grow spurt (so soon?!?!) He was fed at 9am, 90ml FM, then at 11, 110ml FM, then he hungry again at 1pm, but only took 50ml.. Full FM usually last him 3-3.5hrs leh!

brought my ger to the PD for her jaundice review today, colour is better now, though still got slight jaundice, hopefully will gO away real soon! =D

my ger dunno ijjit going thru growth spurt, having 60ml every hourly interval...

tmr am gng to remove my c sect stitch!
*shivers*

Hi guys, just got back from the PD - baby has a flu from #1. He's given some drops, and after nursing, now zzz. Took the opportunity to ask about the amount of milk a child should drink and he said:

Newborn - 50 to 60 ml per 2 to 3 hours
1 month - 90 to 120 ml per 3 to 4 hours
3 months - 150 to 180 ml 5X a day
6 months - 180 ml 5X a day

Some babies stop night-feeding by 3 months (if one is lucky) and we must stop night-feeding by the time the baby is 9 months old.

Hope the above helps with the uncertanities about amount of milk a baby should be drinking.

<font color="ff0000">Jamie</font>
My folks told me not to attend any funerals and wakes during pregnancy and confinement but they have no restrictions on weddings. You have both to attend soon?

<font color="ff0000">Kitty</font>
Good luck with the latching...you tried teasing your son's mouth with your nipple?

<font color="ff0000">Muffingal</font>
Hope to read your birth story soon...

<font color="ff0000">Bbethan</font>
I am so jealous, you seem to be dropping weight like a tree sheds its leaves...I also have some 8 kg to lose to pre-pregnancy weight. Lost about 7 kg since I delivered over a one month period. Not anal about losing weight though for I find my milk supply drastically dropping when I tried to lose weight in the 2nd week of my confinement, fortunately it regained as soon as I stopped being silly about this weight thing. I also cannot fit into my old clothes yet - oh well, look at the positive side, a great reason to get a new wardrobe!

Congrats to Muffingirl, hope delivery was how you wanted it..

Sunsweet, forgot to ask you how ur bb jaundice check?

Winnie, when I discharged fr hosp, nurse told me my appt today was to remove stitches, but actually no leh, doc just pull out the piece of "fishing thread" (the knot) which the nurse had cut before I left the hosp.. Oh, my doc gave me "Cerederm" suppose to reduce the chance of Keloid.. She said her patients told her very good woh, so many u see if your doc will give you tmrw.

Hey, Iam getting close to 90ml this time!! WOW! so happy, maybe the Freestyle will bring me pass the 100ml mark!! Kaelem, 我们有救了!!

Hi Kim!
The nurses never cut the knot for me lehs... i am very nervous &amp; scared... i scared gt infections... feeling slight tingling pain @ the knot there... yucks!

LOL! U are so funny... "Wo Men You Jiu Le"
Kekekekek~

Winnie mummy, did you have the opsite or waterproof film dressing since you discharge till now? I was told to make sure I keep the wound dry at all times and the Opsite was meant to last until today. I did not have tingling pain, but I was told I may have occasional itch when the wound starts to heal. D u have that?

Annie (fortunemew)
I think for now, better not take anything for the phelgm yet.. unless its really bad than go and see a PD,. each session cost abt S$40 the last time I went for bb check up after 3 days from discharged. Really cos new born not suppose to take any other things besides milk i guess.

Thanks mummies for your input on the "timeline" on weather to attend or not for funerals and weddsings.

FOZ,
Yes, unfortunately, I got TWO!! 2 funerals to attend.. its still family but not closely related ones.. so my mom told me not to.. anyways, I am still in my confinement and really not so convenient for me to attend anyways,

Kim,
Think you are doing great on the BM supply. keep it up! For myself.. I only got like 60 to 70ml for each pump each time.. Ya, like HBB says, it increases abt 5ml for me is every 2 days. haha Am giving her whatever I have.. Dun understand why.. breasts also not small but how come so little milk lei? Geee

winnie_mummy
U went for c-section or natural? cos my stitches suppose to dissolve on its own..I delivered naturally.

HBB,
Do u think your bb may have colic? Cos the PD told me usually colic will hit bbs from their 3rd month.. while my friend told me her bb got colic since birth.. and she din know what to do with her crying so sent her to the hospital within 2 days they were discharged.. in the end, they suspect its colic.. only after 5th month than it became better.. bb dun cry that much..

bestberries (bestberry)
My bb also sneezes abt 6-8 times, i think its good cos its getting the dust out of her body. But do monitor and see if there is any mucus coming out of her nose.. cos the bb maybe having flu.

Jamie, I like when u say breasts also not small.. a gf who was able to fully latch her girl has always have big boobs, so when I was wondering why I cant be like her, hubby told me it's the size (which we know is not entirely that lah).

jamie
ya pd suspected she gt colic tat y gave the olic drop tat day she was better aft taking it.. no wn oneed take liao...
my gal can cry till mucus come out w real tear one.. tink ask her go act cryign scene sure v easy manz!

kim
wahh thats gd!! jia you!!!!!
v soon u will over take mi haaa

etirto
apparently is 2 diff thg... i tried gripe water 1st.. bb liek to drink but not v effective... ridwind.. bb HATE it.. but its effective... it inkc na buy fr pharmacy.

bbethan
my girl liek to cluster feed ard 5am till8am! pengz.. the most shack out time!!!!!!

Hi Mummies...

I'm back :) sorry no time to go back to the past threads. My bb arrived last thursday. I had quite an experience cause I didn't managed to deliver naturally. Had emergency C-sec.

BB had high level of jaundice so only returned home yesterday and slowly settling into the routine now.

I fired my CL today (not my initial one cause she was down with flu and she recommended me another.)So, now I'm like HBB doing my own confinement.

So many things happening right now, will come in again, bb now sleeping. BB is only 6 days old but drinking alot of milk...my BM still not enough to meet his dd yet.

BB's name: Gabriel
Arrived: 23 July
Weight: 3.71kg

Devilene: how r you?

RE MEDELA trade-in details
In case you are thinking to upgrade your Medela, here are the details:
You need to provide the warranty card, original purchase receipt, power adapter, tubing(s), funnel(s) and the original milk bottles. They do not need the other value added items (if there are) such as extra teats, bottles, Purelan cream, valves, membrances, cooler bag, brick &amp; the 4 bottles etc.
Trade-in are for those who are upgrading to better pump set only.
Linda is the lady who returned my call, she is nice. I told her I may no longer have the original receipt and she asked if I have the store stamp on the warranty card (which I also do not).. but she'll accept my items for trade in.
Just to add, my Mini E Plus is only worth $80.. Sigh!!

HBB, actually, my other concern is not about how big we were before BF, but how big we can still be after we stopped BF. A friend's sister when a cup smaller {Cry!}

anybody know where I can get covers for the glass bottles? THose that I got from the hospital. I'm thinking of using it to store BM.

<font color="aa00aa">Congrats koko, try to rest when the bb is sleeping
happy.gif
</font>

<table border=1><tr><td>Nick </TD><TD>Birth Order </TD><TD>Gynae</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>BB Gender</TD><TD> EDD</TD><TD>ADD</TD><TD>Bb's Name</TD><TD>Wt (Kg) </TD></TR><TR><TD>Enidmummy</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>6/30/2009</TD><TD>6/17/2009</TD><TD>Reiko</TD><TD>3.11 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Annie</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Soon Siew Bee </TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>7/1/2009</TD><TD>6/27/2009</TD><TD>Brian</TD><TD>2.975 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Babyethan</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr Tham KF</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>7/1/2009</TD><TD>6/17/2009</TD><TD>Amanda</TD><TD>3.16 </TD></TR><TR><TD>hkbb</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr. Fong Yang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>7/1/2009</TD><TD>5/13/2009</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>rainbow</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr LC Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>7/1/2009</TD><TD>5/27/2009</TD><TD></TD><TD>2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Han Bao Bao</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Prof John Tee</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>7/2/2009</TD><TD>6/29/2009</TD><TD>Edna Faith</TD><TD>3.4 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joyce</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>7/2/2009</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>nicolle ann</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr douglas ong</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>7/2/2009</TD><TD>6/12/2009</TD><TD>Jayden</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>candyc</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC </TD><TD></TD><TD>7/3/2009</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>dorisq </TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Sim Lee Ngor</TD><TD>TMC </TD><TD></TD><TD>7/3/2009</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>jasminechen</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>7/3/2009</TD><TD>6/22/2009</TD><TD>Elisha</TD><TD>2.7 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Noelle</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr Ninni Ji</TD><TD>SUFH</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>7/4/2009</TD><TD>7/8/2009</TD><TD>Charlotte</TD><TD>3.48 </TD></TR><TR><TD>taringal</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>7/6/2009</TD><TD>6/30/2009</TD><TD>Brian</TD><TD>3.5 </TD></TR><TR><TD>anabellegirl</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Sim Lee Ngor</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD>7/7/2009</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Chong (xgg)</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Watt Wing Fong</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>7/7/2009</TD><TD>7/7/2009</TD><TD>Athan</TD><TD>3.55 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Pretty Bunnie</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD>7/7/2009</TD><TD>6/20/2009</TD><TD>Ian</TD><TD>2.955 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sheryl</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>7/7/2009</TD><TD>7/7/2009</TD><TD>Ariel</TD><TD>3.77 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yan</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Alex Ooi</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>7/7/2009</TD><TD>6/23/2009</TD><TD>Gareth</TD><TD>3.16 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jillian</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>7/8/2009</TD><TD>6/30/2009</TD><TD>Max</TD><TD>3.38 </TD></TR><TR><TD>HKAZ</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>DR KT Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD>7/9/2009</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>poshicon</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr Hendricks M</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>7/9/2009</TD><TD>6/4/2009</TD><TD>Jingxuan</TD><TD>2.95 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hopper</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr KT Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>7/10/2009</TD><TD>7/9/2009</TD><TD>Claris</TD><TD>3.46 </TD></TR><TR><TD>mbb2</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr Watt Wing Fong</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>7/10/2009</TD><TD>7/3/2009</TD><TD>Alysia</TD><TD>3.2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Twinkle</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Selina Chua</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>7/10/2009</TD><TD>7/1/2009</TD><TD>Kaelen</TD><TD>2.5 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Gina</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Chia Yee Tien</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>7/11/2009</TD><TD>7/1/2009</TD><TD>Christiane</TD><TD>3.04 </TD></TR><TR><TD>kittyng</TD><TD>#1 </TD><TD>Dr Madeleine Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>7/11/2009</TD><TD>7/19/2009</TD><TD>Lucius</TD><TD>3.285 </TD></TR><TR><TD>LS</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>7/11/2009</TD><TD>7/6/2009</TD><TD>Stacia</TD><TD>3.035 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ning</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr Adelina Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>7/11/2009</TD><TD>7/11/2009</TD><TD>Isaac</TD><TD>3.82 </TD></TR><TR><TD>FOZ</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr KT Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>7/12/2009</TD><TD>6/25/2009</TD><TD>Austen</TD><TD>2.965 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jaz23</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr. Koh C.H</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>7/12/2009</TD><TD>7/3/2009</TD><TD>Jayvier</TD><TD>3.5 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Yen2007</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>7/12/2009</TD><TD>7/4/2009</TD><TD>Cellyn</TD><TD>2.95 </TD></TR><TR><TD>bunbun</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>7/13/2009</TD><TD>6/23/2009</TD><TD></TD><TD>2.45 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Curtis</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr Chen LH</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>7/13/2009</TD><TD>7/6/2009</TD><TD></TD><TD>2.860 </TD></TR><TR><TD>helpme</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD></TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>7/13/2009</TD><TD>7/7/2009</TD><TD>Elisha</TD><TD>3.465 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kikeeko</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>7/13/2009</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>kimkurek</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Sheila Loh</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>7/13/2009</TD><TD>7/13/2009</TD><TD>Kaelem Michael</TD><TD>3.45 </TD></TR><TR><TD>MrsC</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>7/14/2009</TD><TD>7/13/2009</TD><TD>Cate</TD><TD>3.63 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ralphine </TD><TD>#1 </TD><TD>Dr Peter Chew</TD><TD>Gleneagles </TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>7/14/2009</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tay</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD>7/14/2009</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Beverly</TD><TD>Twins</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boys</TD><TD>7/15/2009</TD><TD>6/18/2009</TD><TD></TD><TD>2.3/ 2.19 </TD></TR><TR><TD>blessed09</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>7/15/2009</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>cecelia</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr James Lee</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>7/15/2009</TD><TD>7/19/2009</TD><TD>Acacia</TD><TD>3.825 </TD></TR><TR><TD>pinklilies</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>7/15/2009</TD><TD>7/13/2009</TD><TD>Adelle</TD><TD>3 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Hazelle</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>7/16/2009</TD><TD>6/30/2009</TD><TD></TD><TD>2.88 </TD></TR><TR><TD>janbb</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr Tan HY</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>7/16/2009</TD><TD>7/1/2009</TD><TD>Jayna</TD><TD>2.92 </TD></TR><TR><TD>bdgees</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr. TB Lim</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>7/17/2009</TD><TD>7/8/2009</TD><TD>Naomi</TD><TD>3.1 </TD></TR><TR><TD>kai</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr Koh CH</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>7/17/2009</TD><TD>7/7/2009</TD><TD></TD><TD>3.2 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Jamie</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr. Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>7/18/2009</TD><TD>7/12/2009</TD><TD>Sherrie Tan</TD><TD>2.3 </TD></TR><TR><TD>fluffysheep</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Kang Wee</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>7/19/2009</TD><TD>7/3/2009</TD><TD>Jeryn</TD><TD>3.245 </TD></TR><TR><TD>ohyeah</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>7/19/2009</TD><TD>7/9/2009</TD><TD>Kane</TD><TD>2.695 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sam</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>7/19/2009</TD><TD>7/6/2009</TD><TD>Joie</TD><TD>3.83 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Enchante</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Joan Tho</TD><TD>RH</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>7/20/2009</TD><TD>7/10/2009</TD><TD></TD><TD>2.9 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Esty</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>7/20/2009</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>JeslynGenevieve</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mount Alvernia</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>7/20/2009</TD><TD>7/11/2009</TD><TD>Javier Germanus Tan </TD><TD>3.255 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Kong Enli</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Hy Wee</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>7/20/2009</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>melody</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr John Tee</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>7/20/2009</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>phoenix</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr K T Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>7/20/2009</TD><TD>7/6/2009</TD><TD>BW</TD><TD>3.7 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sunsweet</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr KT Tan</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>7/20/2009</TD><TD>7/12/2009</TD><TD></TD><TD>2.935 </TD></TR><TR><TD>carebeary</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>7/21/2009</TD><TD>7/7/2009</TD><TD>Jaymus</TD><TD>3.075 </TD></TR><TR><TD>SabSab</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Chen Chern Yi</TD><TD></TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>7/21/2009</TD><TD>7/14/2009</TD><TD></TD><TD>3.345 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Gemini19</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>7/22/2009</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>winnie_mummy</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Henry Cheng</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>7/22/2009</TD><TD>7/18/2009</TD><TD>Shanna</TD><TD>3.255 </TD></TR><TR><TD>ZN</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>7/22/2009</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>coolkero</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr KL Tan</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>7/23/2009</TD><TD>7/21/2009</TD><TD>Tomi Mykel Chan</TD><TD>3.585 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Dawnnie</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD></TD><TD>7/23/2009</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Gillian Lew </TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr Loke Kah Leong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>7/23/2009</TD><TD>7/20/2009</TD><TD>Jayvis</TD><TD>2.790 </TD></TR><TR><TD>koko51sg</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Chan Kong Hon</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>7/23/2009</TD><TD>7/23/2009</TD><TD>Gabriel</TD><TD>3.71 </TD></TR><TR><TD>tulips02</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Ang Huai Yan</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>7/24/2009</TD><TD>7/14/2009</TD><TD>Ethan</TD><TD>3.76 </TD></TR><TR><TD>baguana</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Kowa Nam Sing </TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>7/25/2009</TD><TD>7/14/2009</TD><TD>Ethan Lim</TD><TD>2.79 </TD></TR><TR><TD>bestberries</TD><TD>Twins</TD><TD>Prof wong </TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Girls</TD><TD>7/25/2009</TD><TD>7/7/2009</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>lamagier</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Yvonne Chan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>7/25/2009</TD><TD>7/21/2009</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>muffingirl</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Yeap ML</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>7/25/2009</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>angelsky</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>DR LC Cheng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD>7/26/2009</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Peanut</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Christopher Chong</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>7/26/2009</TD><TD>7/18/2009</TD><TD>Regis Tay</TD><TD>2.51 </TD></TR><TR><TD>mypreciouskeagan</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr Judy Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>7/27/2009</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Preciousthots</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD>7/27/2009</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>yammummy</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Jocelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>7/27/2009</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Zolldoll</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr Wong Mun Tat</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>7/27/2009</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Baby_juno</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Chua Tse Meng</TD><TD>NUH</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>7/28/2009</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Devilene</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr.Chan Kong Hon</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>7/28/2009</TD><TD>7/23/2009</TD><TD>Julian</TD><TD>2.9 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Lynny</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr. Douglas Ong</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>7/28/2009</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sunnyduck</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Wee HY</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>7/28/2009</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>zksl</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Fong Yang</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>7/29/2009</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>loshita</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Judy Wong</TD><TD>TMC </TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>7/30/2009</TD><TD>7/24/2009</TD><TD>Elisa</TD><TD>2.785 </TD></TR><TR><TD>pprincessbaobei</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Irene Chua</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>7/31/2009</TD><TD>7/11/2009</TD><TD>Darius</TD><TD>3.438 </TD></TR><TR><TD>xman</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>7/31/2009</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Mashy </TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Girl</TD><TD>8/1/2009</TD><TD>7/13/2009</TD><TD>Hayley</TD><TD>3.32 </TD></TR><TR><TD>tinklebellx</TD><TD>#1</TD><TD>Dr Benjamin Tham</TD><TD></TD><TD>Boy</TD><TD>8/3/2009</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>precious</TD><TD>#2</TD><TD>Dr AL Lim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD></TD><TD>8/4/2009</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></td></tr></table>

kim
ohh aft bf.. the boobs will go even smaller for sure!!!

koko
the cover can buy fr the chinatown tat bb shop 'cheong choon'

doing confinement DIY is really tough esp for #1. I had a confinement lady at home and must say that it helps a lot esp for greenhorns like me who know nuts abt parenting

Oh really...thanks HBB. Will go down Chinatown tomorrow then. Food my mum has kindly helped to prepare and do the marketing, but the rest I'm doing myself.

Know what, I gave birth on the same day as Devilene and both of us were our doc's last mummies in the labour ward, but I was the latest eventually due to my C-sec.

But didn't hv time to catch up with Devilene yet.

kelvin

my gal is born on 13 jul. :p

She's going thru a growth spurt now. Yesterday and today, she's been on a feeding frenzy ard the noon time. Just now so tired i just put her next to me on the bed and i went to sleep while latching her lying down. I got my sleep and she got her milk.
happy.gif

Kim - yeah, i has the waterproof flim dressing, but it seems dat some water got into the wound while bathing, coz the plaster abit yellowish (from the herbs that i used for bathing most probably). And yes, it itches!!

Jamie - i went for c sect wor... need to remove stitch though some are dissolved by itself de...

kittyng, me too. i have short nipples (as told by the nurses &amp; LC in hospital). i also having difficulties latching my bb initially. likewise he always frantically finding the nipples. what i did was to press his face hard onto my breast &amp; try to squeeze my breast to allow milk flow to let him know this is the place to suck.
Is really a torture for first few weeks cos he kept sucking at the nipples instead of areola. PAIN!!! I pulled him off &amp; kept "correcting" him. Now he is able to suck correctly.
Hope it works for you.
happy.gif

Kimberly/HBB
Not Kidding! Boobs will get smaller after we stop bf.. oh man... i dun want to think abt that.. arrgg.. Ook, maybe we shd start to look at those adverts.. creams to apply to natually enhanced boobs size..Geeez..

Mashy,
Maybe ur gal likes to be close to you, easy access to milk. hahha

Koko (koko51sg)
U take care and congrats to you, ur bb is a good size babe.. Infact quite big, is that the reason for the emergency c-section? Ya, do rem to ask for help if necessary since u are doing the confinement on your own. Really not easy.

Talking about flu.. started having running nose today,.. so staying away from my bb.. incase i do spread to her.. Hopefully I just have some nose sensitivity issues, not flu..

kittyng,

U r not alone.When I had my #1, she also refuse to latch.I also recommended by hosp nurse to use nipple shield cos she also claim my nipples r short to latch.I so disappointed! Wat's the use of having not too small breasts but can't bf!The shields are useless! Bb still can't latch!My advice is don't use it! Jus try with ur own nipples,or bb will refuse ur own nipples!

Since my gal refuse to latch,so I bottle fed EBM all the way. At sometimes after, I tried again. She managed to latch. But I really fed up tat she will cry aft 1-1.5hr! Not sure is it still hungry or wat. I felt frustrated to latch so frequently tat I can't rest!
Then thinking I got to go back to work soon so I really stop latching her and continue with feeding EBM so my babysitter can take over when start work.

Feeding EBM got it's advantages also:
1)Can gauge bb drink how much.
2)Other family members eg. Hubby can help with the feeding esp. nite feed so we no need to wake up alone to bf and not enough rest to go work next day...etc

Of course I agree latching is better and more convenient too.So this time, I really tried to latch my #2 in hosp asap the nurse can bring over to me and she really guai guai do it. Till now she latch on very well. I really glad I can do it this time.

Every baby is different, don be dishearten. One of my gf also like tat. We fed EBM from the start. If really can't latch,get a lactation consultant to help. If still can't, feed EBM also still drinking ur own milk.We r still providing our best to our kids.

Winnie mummy hopefully, the itch is bcos it's healing.. but the water getting may be a concern cos i was told to make sure the dressing stays dry, else hv 2 go re-dress cos wet can cause infection if wound hasnt totally healed.. all best to u (&amp; ur wound). Also, bear in mind, even if the skin is healed now, the inner ones may not be yet, so make sure u do no lift anything heavy. was told it takes abt half year b4 all layers r fully healed.

RE:Jaundice

My gal jaundice level finally down to the satisfactory level 61 (below 100!)at 1mth 3 weeks old!(Tat was very prolong,hor!!)
I TBF her without formula.So doctor diagnose as breastfeed jaundice.

Really true tat prolong jaundice is also due to bb different blood group as mine.

Poor bb got to do blood test so frequently for the past month. Went through phototherapy. Today finally we can see her face not so yellowish as before.And result normal!Was worried her liver immature or something.

I did not sun her at all cos I always miss the morning sun. Timing don't match my routine,hee..

Twinkle, i'm so happy for u that it works on u. I'm in my 2nd week now. I tried to latch him when he's about 1/2 or 3/4 full so that he wun get frustrated when he can't suckle. My sil also offered the same solution as u....i've been trying v hard but it's really upsetting that he refuses. He has bitten me a few times too
sad.gif
But i will continue to try....even if he did it as a pacifier, i think i will be contented.

Poshicon, i'm currently bottle feeding ebm. I'm trying to console myself that thou the bond may not be as close as latching him directly, i'm happy that he's still taking my bm. But my supply still can't match his demand!!! In fact, i really regret using nipple shields. If i hav persevered more, maybe my bb will learn how to suckle.

Poshicon &amp; Kitty, my massage lady also mentioned that my nipple is short, but goof thing my boy was able to latch since birth, so no prob with this. But my prob is him biting me!!! I also want to latch as much as I can so I dun hv 2 lug all the pumps and bottles when we travel.
Strangely, bonding wasnt my concern woh..

hi mummies,

i am actually due in aug, but delivered early on 23 July. bb now 6 days old. am struggling with TBF and only doing latching now. also pumping after some feeds to try to up supply, but yield is pathetic - only 5ml or so each time.
sad.gif

wanna ask if it's normal for bb to be feeding every 1-1.5hr even though i latch him for 30min minimum each time? and this persists throughout the night! am so tired from sleeping only 1-2hrs total at night that i think it's affecting milk supply
sad.gif

he also screams once i put him down even though he has latched for 45min, and starts rooting immediately. wondering how to differentiate from true hunger and comfort sucking?? any idea?

kinda reluctant to supplement with FM cos got strong history of allergies in family, and worried that bottle feeding will cause nipple confusion cos he gets frustrated even now when my milk supply is low, eg in the evening.

Jules, 加油, don;t give up. Have you try remedies such as fenugreek, fish soup etc? And you need rest!! My bb wailed very loudly just before we left the hosp on day4 cos he was really really hungry. So once I got home, I asked a friend to help me get a tin of formula.. To date, I am still supplementing with FM, heart ache to see him starve if I insist TBF. Giving FM does not mean we fail K?

I latch my boy every first feed of the day. He does not reject, but he's starting to bite my nipple
kao_cry.gif

Back