(2009/07) July 2009 MTBs

Kim: after 2 kids I'm back to my pre pregnancy weight but my body sure looks different! Things that should not be hanging are and my clothes fit differently as well. I told dh that he needs to sponsor me a tummy tuck for my 30th birthday

Kim - I always put on some pounds at this time of the year,now gotta try and work it off! I hope to be able to wear my normal tops clothes again! BTW, I think I am older than you Kim! ;-P
Jillian - 30th birthday! That seems so long ago! LOL!!!!

Aquaducks:
(There is some confusion about this because 2 ladies gave me different timings, but I'm just putting one of the lists here to let you all think about it and maybe put your names down if you want)
To have 6 babies in a class.

We CANNOT form our own trial class (the times are fixed). NO CLASSES AT WEEKENDS.

6 months to 8 months trial availability
Tanglin Village: Tuesday 10am
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Tanglin Village: Thursday 3pm
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Science Park: Wednesday 2pm
1) Chiyojade
2) Yuli
3)
4)
5)
6)

Science Park: Wednesday 2:30pm
1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Suntec City: none available at this time

The trial timings are also only for TRIAL classes. Only when they assess the babies then can they tell us which class to join.

I have to say that I MAY not go after all as timing is very, very tight for me. Alternatively, I may contact Happy Fish and they can do private group classes - i.e. you need a pool and max 6 kids as well.
I have a friend (whose baby will be 1 year old in Jan this year) and his apt has a pool and if my timing doesn't fit, he said that we could go and use his pool. But we would need maybe 3 more pp. He lives in Balestier. I know Yuli is interested. Anyone else if that's the case? For us, our lessons would be at the weekends, on Sunday, as he works the whole day on Sat.

jillian
agree with u. after 2 kids, i also return back to pre preg weight but definitely different. hip expanded so much. when i look back my wedding pics, i wonder will i ever get back to that shape.

so sad... my ss dropped to a all time low of only 100ml after my last pump at 1pm today. i hope this hfmd thing will not be the cause for me to stop bf so soon.
sad.gif

Bbethan: when I had HFMD my ss dropped as well but was fine once I recovered. I know its hard but drinking enough fluids does help. Don't stress yourself about it and just concentrate on getting well. Hope you and your kids get well soon!

RE: diff after childbirth
Ya, I was quite puzzled when I see that I can fit into my pre preg clothes but I still need the extension for my usual bra..

Jillian, share your secret of getting back after 2 please? Only turning 30?!?! Wow, age sure has it's advantage too!

Chiyojade, are you sure u are older? Ok, age is just a number, I always feel I am 33 for some reason. I remember in the past when ppl ask my age, I always tell them I am 33. I rmbr once some one asked how old my hb, I say 33, then ask me how long we'v been married, I say 3 yrs.. then I realize, oh, I was already 35..

Aquaducks:
(There is some confusion about this because 2 ladies gave me different timings, but I'm just putting one of the lists here to let you all think about it and maybe put your names down if you want)

We CANNOT form our own trial class (the times are fixed). NO CLASSES AT WEEKENDS.

1) KimKurek
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

1) Chiyojade
2) Yuli
3)
4)
5)
6)

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Suntec City: none available at this time

The trial timings are also only for TRIAL classes. Only when they assess the babies then can they tell us which class to join.

Chiyojade,
I'm going to temporarily put myself down for the Tues spot at Tanglin Village. It's kinda ulu for me, seldom go dempsey, gotta find out the logistics to get there. Let me figure it out.

Quote:
Aquaducks:

1) KimKurek
2) Sam - Joie (6 Jul 09)
3)
4)
5)
6)

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

1) Chiyojade
2) Yuli
3)
4)
5)
6)

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

curtis
ehhh edna barely 7 kg LOL

jilian/kim
ehh mayb cos i force her to eat n drink? u know me lar i v fierce one hahaaaa

jes ya can u msn me can cos i might b too busy to catch up w eveyr post here wait i miss ur post

chiyojade
when is the tentative date for all the trials for the aquaducks. each timing slots can take up to 6 babies on trial? then what's the class size like?

sorry... asking too many questions.

Kim: looking after a toddler and a baby on my own is the secret! Actually I think breastfeeding really did it the 2nd time round. With Ally I couldn't shed the last 2kg so I was heavier when I got pregnant with Max. But after his birth I lost the weight without extra effort on my part including the 2 extra kilos. I'll be turning 30 in a couple of years, I got married early and decided to have children early. On hindsight, I feel I'm a better mom the 2nd time round, was only 24 when Ally was born and it was a steep learning curve.

Bbethan: I kept Ally and myself at home for 2 weeks just to be super sure. But actually I don't think it takes that long, I was just being super kiasu. Within a week I was feeling much better and she recovered even quicker than I did.

chiyojade.. i dun midn the pte one since my mum stay near ur friend's apt.. keep mi in the loop...

wahh tanglin village is 10am!! i need to take rocket there manz!!!!!

Sam
we can work somethg out since we r pretty near eachother =)
Quote:
Aquaducks:

1) KimKurek
2) Sam - Joie (6 Jul 09)
3) HBB - Edna 29th june
4)
5)
6)

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

1) Chiyojade
2) Yuli
3)
4)
5)
6)

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Quote:
Aquaducks:

1) KimKurek
2) Sam - Joie (6 Jul 09)
3)
4)
5)
6)

1) lavenderbear
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

1) Chiyojade
2) Yuli
3)
4)
5)
6)

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

The next mom that list her name for Aquaducks, can help me put K's birthday, Jul13 09. Thanks!

HBB, I dunno, somehow I just cant "force" cos he will keep all the milk in his mouth and everything will flow out when I prep him up. Or, he'll "burp" those I "forced" down..
Also, K is sleeping better tummy down, but he cannot go to sleep tummy down cos he thinks it's tummy time although he can be very tired.. I see he's like Edna (at FOZ's, she just ehh..ehh..ehh abit then go to sleep), but he can ehh ehh ehh foever but just make him more awake. so mommy here has to caryy him, make him sleep then put him down, then he'll arch his back (like Elvis), and I will roll him over.. but if he is not in deep sleep, then he'll wake up and the cycle goes on again. Sigh, accidental parenting..

Quote:
Aquaducks:

1) KimKurek
2) Sam - Joie (6 Jul 09)
3) HBB - Edna
4)
5)
6)

1) lavenderbear
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

1) Chiyojade
2) Yuli
3)
4)
5)
6)

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

BbEthan - only 6 babies per class, I think!!!

I have emailed them about the difference in timings and also given them a list of all our babies' names.
This is what one said:
"Our class ratio for a Parent and Child class is 6 pairs of Parent and Child to 1 coach. The timings given by myself are possible TRIAL timings only and not actual class times. Class timings for those 9 months and above will depend on the outcome of the assessment and level determined by our coaches at the trial session. The aquaDucks program is a continuous one therefore the trials for 6 months to 8 months will be fed into our existing classes."

On one hand, it states that it's a trial class not actually class timings and then at the last part it states that the trials will be fed into the existing classes...?? Maybe I'm just tired now and not reading properly!?

kim
if i feed edna milk 1st cereal nxt.. she will cry at the last few spoonful of cereal.. if i giv vice versa..she cant fin her milk ... LOL

aiya nvm the accidental parenting.. now u know.. ur #2 wun b like tis liao mah hehe

chiyojade
that's what i was thinking too.. a bit confusing to me.
anyway, if it's going to be in Jan, then i'll give it a miss.

lamagier & kim
thank u!
happy.gif

bbethan
I agree w/ lamagier abt the speed & cycle. U're using ameda right? I was once like that for a period of time. One side cracked n bled. The onli way is to stop pumping but we couldn't cos' ss will sure drop. So what I did was pump each side separately. For the cracked one, use lower speed & cycle. Never pump for more than 20mins. I usually pumped abt 15mins. Aft that, change another side (another 15mins). So total 30mins.

kim
how come threadfin so exp? I saw NTUC selling @$33/kg. Are those not the same GO HE? How shall we cook it? With normal rice (those that we eat) & make porridge, or can we use cereal? Eeekk.. the latter sounds not too good.. but just wondering if bb could take the normal 'rice'?

chiyojade
wahhh.. i dunno if your fren's case worse than mine or i superwoman hehe.. I still forced myself to move n shower wif my hubby's help (- . ^)v & din wan any jab nor painkiller.. yea, stubborn!
sad.gif
until kenna scolded so many times by my mom & hb.. Thx anyway!
happy.gif
I'll be more careful this time.

Oh yea, just wanna share wif all mommies, I think partly it's becos' of when carrying bb, if I need to use 1 hand to do things (ie open/close door, pick things up, etc), I'll just hold my bb wif my left hand & support her using my tummy & thigh where she's abt 7kg so can u imagine the shape of my spine when I did this pose? Pls take note on this especially for 'heavy-duties' like K, Tim, Gareth, Minrui, etc hehe..

Quote:
Aquaducks:

1) KimKurek - Kaelem (Jul13 09)
2) Sam - Joie (6 Jul 09)
3) HBB - Edna
4) Gina - Juen (Jul01 09)
5)
6)

1) lavenderbear
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

1) Chiyojade
2) Yuli
3)
4)
5)
6)

1)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)

Aquaducks - they also don't state WHEN the trials can start, so all that is asked in the email as well and will let you all know when I hear something from them!!!
The list I posted above is from one of them and the other lady, her list also has a Wed afternoon slot at Tanglin (but hers may not be a trial, but a proper class). Alamak. So headache!

BTW, was thinking of "organising" an outing - like maybe we meet to do something together maybe once a month? Go for a walk in a park? (Henderson Wave, bridge, etc), beach? or something? Like maybe one mum make one suggestion...anyone keen? I'm working part time so it depends on my schedule, but I'm quite keen to do this and get baby out of normal regular routine?
Anyone else keen?

jillian
I'm stuck wif the last 3kgs! Maybe to have #2 like u will really help huh? But I dare not imagine that now (>.<) btw, if not wrong, we had same gynae, dr paul right? Were u the one who din tear at all &amp; went back home on the same day when u delivered? just testing my post preg piggy brain!
happy.gif

Linsu, oh dear, I did the same like you all the time.. and these days, even when I take him on the bjorn to free up both hands, I find my lower back aching too, think K is really too heavy for me. Thanks for info dear. In my previous company many people has the problem and once kena, anytime the disc can dislodge if not careful, so u must be very careful from now and future preg too.

I am feeling funny tonight, I kept feeling the world is spinning, asked hb if Indon earthquake again is it, he said no. Then I kept having goose bums cold.. other than these everything seem very normal.. even the sweet after taste of the saliva is not so bad anymore.. I hope it;s not like diabetic or high cholesterol or anemic.. better go zzz now. long day tmrw.

chiyojade
sounds good hee
and the daddies can join in rite?
even for example zoo outing is gg to b fun!!!

kim oh dear pls take care.. hav an early nite!

linsu
i guess i overdid it when pumping. just checked the other side n realised also hv a small bit. but use lower suction, can't get the milk out leh. dun want to end up reduced ss or blocked ducts.

my experience with NTUC's threadfin - they hv a very strong fishy smell. when i buy from those wet market, it costs more but dun hv that fishy smell when cooking and can last longer. problem is i dont know what's the market price like.

Chiyojade,
Great idea, this sort of family/day-trip thing is pretty cool. I do think the little ones, though attention span is limited, are showing interest in their environment. Recently, brought Joie to the zoo and she's got a thing for water related animals. I don't know when they'll actively appreciate things, but it's just fascinating to find out.

Calling for Jes/Bestberries/Curtis/Sheryl &amp; Kittyng....

Pending the following details from you : -

1) Name of Child
2) D.O.B of Child
3) Name of Parent
4) Address
5) Hp no.
6) Email address

happy.gif

Hopefully can consolidate &amp; send the details back to the in-charge by Sun.
happy.gif

Thanks HBB.. I also better give you the fish monger's number before I lost it or something. I dun have her name though, it's 92711931. I sms u the stall number later, going market later to buy pork rib the part with soft bone very rare and popular..

RE: BB Outing
I am ok w or w/o hb and anytime of the wk, preferably wkdays but I think most will go for wkend since some mommies are working.

RE: Threadfin
I think I heard my mom saying there are some call the "fake" threadfin, but I must ask her again for details.

re: threadfin
There's diff grades of threadfin. And some fake ones too. Those at ntuc i suspect its from breed so more fishy. The best are from the sea. They call "balai nogh" price range from 50 to 60 per kg. This year cny fish will be exp.

Other than threadfin we can also feed baby Cod, Salmon, Ang Zuo, and even steam Kambong. I think Promfet too. No harm they share the usual fish with us.

sunsweet
dun feed bb too much salmon(unless fr river) n cod due to mercury content.and sinseh believe threadin fin worsen cough.she suggest giv common fish like ang gou li n etc

Since I w/up so early, I sent to market and bought minced pork and the pork rib (the part that only has the cartilage which usually sold out by 7am).
I made minced congee for hb &amp; I and gave K the unseasoned one, woah! He give me the "tong-ku" face again.. So I gave him little of what we are having, about half tbsp, and he chomp it down. Even though has pepper also bo-chap.

HBB U need pork merchant contact? the one d/s of my plc told me to pre-order if I want the cartilage pork rib cos he usually reserved 3 for a long-time customer on Sat am. When I was there at before 6:30, he only left with 1 and since I so sincere, he told me he will spare me one from that customer who pre-ordered.. I love this part cos it's great for soup and stew, can eat everything. My mom told me $14/kg is reasonable.

kim...thanx! dun mind tat contact too! i love cartilage....
u can always cook ur porridge unseasoned... take out a bit for k n season e res for urself... no harm givin porridge since tis is 1 of e 1st bb food! hehe... nxt time u cn buy e si shen herb mix...boil w pork... then use e stock for k's porridge... the taste is tok kong!

today crazy day for me again.dh gg to paint edna's rm! ask me bring edna out bt i got nowhr to go...shld hv join e jwt tral w u girls today! arghhh

Re: homemade baby food

I'm going to prepare chicken stock for baby today. But I'm wondering how long can we keep the stock in the freezer? Intend to store 2 or 1oz in every tubberware (very small ones) cos my fridge does not come with ice cube tray.

Re: ikan bilis powder

Chef HBB
happy.gif
, did you mentioned abt making ikan bilis powder using oven?

What's the temperature you set and for how long? I'm no good cook here, but loves to try. Just that for baby food, I will be more careful incase over or undercook it.

Are you giving it to Edna? I was thinking can make more for my niece too if Regis can take ikan bilis powder now.

Got this off webby http://www.homemade-baby-food-recipes.com/how-to-make-chicken-stock.html.

Chicken Stock Recipe

leftover chicken carcass
2 onions
2 leeks
2 carrots
2 sticks of celery
2tbsp chopped, fresh parsley

Wash, peel and roughly chop the vegetables.
Place the carcass into a large stock pot.
Add the vegetables and parsley, then cover with plenty of water.
Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat until the liquid is simmering rapidly.
Simmer, uncovered, for about 4 hours, skimming off any foam that rises to the surface.
Remove the bones and strain the stock.
If the stock is to be stored for future use, you may wish to simmer it for a few hours longer. This reduces it, making it more concentrated and easier to store.

peanut
haa dun call mi chef... i jus copying other ppl idea hehe
ehh i am not giving edna ikan bilis powder yet as i tink she is too young hehe.. iprob onli start aft 9 mths or later for that
for porridge i will giv ard 7-8 mths (see when i free to start!! busy period now) and iwill jus use basic veggies n meat to cook her porridge. can add in garlic/onion to giv the sweet taste.

for the ikan bilis rite.. ehh i tink can roast at 180 degree till crispy... yet to do it do i duno for how long but when tis crunchy.. means the water content are gone le then its ready =)
otherwise u can dry fry it till crispy. dry fry means fry without oil

sam ahh u gave me a great idea on hw to use up my millions of milk bag!! thanx!!!!!!

anyone else still need milk bags?

HBB, great tip!! Hey, think mommies are going for tea aft class, but I hv to run, do come down n see us..

Peanut, thanks for sharing.. I think one of my bb recipe books has the some ingredients for stock too, but I rmbr can keep 3mths. Then again, I dun recommend cos same fridge cause food to hav fridge smell..

HBB, pork seller (I wonder if we still call them butcher since they no longer butcher the animal..) is 91468463.

The fish stall should be #01-172, the pork stall is #01-95&amp;96

kekekeke... Thank you for all the info.

For dry fry ikan bilis, my friend spent 4 hours stirring and tossing the pan. err... i think kinda tiring... and for 4hrs! my hob is electrical, the electrical bills will be sky high if I do that.

For the stock, I'm using slow cooker, takes 8hrs but at least I don't have to stand there doing all the exercise. HAHA!

peanut
4 hours!?!?!! mad ahh... i tink u need to drain the ikan bilis off e water 1st before u fry then faster lar!!!!

stock i will use my pressure cooker.. boil for 15 mins leave pressure on till it depressurised then its ready!!!

Sam, I just read the site you provided. Great! Takes only 3hrs high heat in a slow cooker! I'm going to improvise that method with the one i intend to do cos i will use vegs too..

Back