(2009/07) July 2009 MTBs

is it a common virus nowadays.. sore throat and runny nose?

I hope i'm not so heng every time virus comes i'm sure to get them..

think i want to ask boss to let me go early.. i can hardly keep my eyes open liao.

evie
i liked carlson very much. the best i've tried so far. no complains abt pigeon but just find it not moist enuf. carlson is really moist. pulling out prob is still acceptable for me cos i do hv similar prob wif pigeon too. they are having 1-for-1 promo now (max 3 packs) for cardholders. think promo ends today.

lamagier
haha... i missed the last sale. tell myself today must die die get it cos my stock at home running low too. so pop by over during lunch. really heavy carrying 6packs back. now i got prob transporting them home.... kekeke

Sunsweet,
Think virus going around me 2 other guys sitting near me all down with runny nose and flu like symptoms. But my sore throat so bad that lost my voice.... Cannot sing song to minrui liao =p get well soon.... Sigh, flu season round the corner...

bbethan,
Haha, yah, wipes are damn heavy. And file + pump + 2 big bags of wipe = walk like penguin & look like auntie... =p Hopefully you'll be able to get all the wipes home without too much hassle

Kim,
Won't your K struggle when you swaddle him? Do you swaddle halfway with his hands free or his whole body? Would like to try this out with my bb.

bbethan,

bring the wipes home 1 packet a day loh.. keke

Lamagier,

I'm more aunty.. brought marketing trolley to JL at Jurong Pt. to transport the 6 pkts of wet wipes home haha

Mashy, *hi5*
Ohyeah, half swaddle make no diff for my active boy, I did with his arms tucked.. Initially I thot he'll protest, but wow, he guai guai let me wrap him woh.. Praise God!

RE: Carlson BB Wipes
The 6pkts is really heavy? you mean 6 large ones or 6pkts of many small (30pcs) ones inside? If so then that is alot then..

I got my Skiphop packed liao.. a large pkt of mouth & hand wipes, and a 30pc pureen.. heard so much about it, wet lah, but thin manz.. still my cotton and water works better.. but if I hand my boy to Gina then gotta bring extra wipes LOL..

Hey, u go my sms about tmrw? I hope I got the right number..

kim

i used a big blanket to swaddle her incl her arms too. So managed to tie her up. She struggled and cried but i ignored. Then when i lay down next to her. She fell asleep in less than 5secs. :p She managed to sleep for 2hrs. Half way got make noise but fall back asleep very quickly.

RE: Gathering at FOZ's
Hey, I just received call from FOZ, her son's having fever, however the gathering is still on, she just like to inform all mommies in case some of you have reservation.

I will send you email and sms after this.

for FOZ,
Kim

wow, so many activities going on..

Lamagier, i had tried requesting samples from huggies, mamypoko, fitti - none came even though i sign up as member. I had join the enfalac membership and they will send some sample gift for the bb and will call up periodically to check on the progress. is the carlson deal over or it's gng on till this weekend?

Bought my ger to PD today,cos notice some light blood stain on the cotton when i was cleaning her yesterday after her poo (the first diaper change after back from infant care). The inside of the top private area (labia) was red and had diaper rash ard the outer area. So scare that it's infection that i kept checking that she was peeing well and constantly changing diaper together with the desitin cream. The redness subside today but PD was still able to spot a small raw sport. Gave us a lotion and cream to clean the infected area. We suspect that the teachers might not clean the inside properly or wipe too hard that cause the abrasion. Now and then i will check her diaper for poo , dun wanna go thru the episode. Gave me a bit of shock..Had feedback to the teacher and the supervisor, hope they be more careful.

Mashy, I think Hayley more feisty than K.. I swaddled him to sleep too.. He fell asleep v fast when swaddled, think I am gonna continue till he out grow the blanket..

Hi mummies,
any of u trim baby hair at 4th mth?

If so,where can we actually trim bb hair at?
Is Hwa Xia a good place for that,any mummies encounter it?

Sherryl, tmrw is K's lunar 4th mth, initiall I wanted to shave his hair, but my sister say better not cos his hair is actually the new ones, bb hair already fell off.. Initially I wanted to go Huaxia since they hv one at harborfront which is near my plc.. There are some adult saloon also provide trim, but I would think if u intend to bring to salon, the Indian barber are better.

Kim,
Same for Adelle,tml is also her lunar 4th mth!!!
K's also born on the 13th Jul??haha..

Hmm,actually intend to trim Adelle hair,just that I worried Hwa Xia can only shave(which I dun want)and not trim the hair...

Re: End of year Gathering

Will the following mummies please PM me your contact details:

1) Sam (received your email)
2) Muffingirl
3) bestberries (received your email)
4) pprincessbaobei
5) Gillian (received your email)
6) kittyng (received your email)
7) ohyeah (removed)
8) Bbethan (received your email)
9) Jes

in the following format:

Real Name / SMH Nick:
Baby name:
Baby DOB:
Contact No:
Email add:

Fortunemew, thanks for your prompt reply...

To recap on the end of year gathering:

Venue: Joanne's place @ Changi
(2 venue)
Function room - for food and gathering
Home - studio for photograhy session, feeding, diaper-changing

Date: 12 Dec 2009 (Sat)

Time: 12.30pm to 4pm

Activities: Home-studio photography session, .... (still thinking)

Theme: Christmas Theme (dress ur lil ones in Xmas attire)

Cost: to be confirmed later

Please note that the catering cost will be shared equally amongst the adults... Those who wishes to pull out from the gathering please do so now coz we need to finalise the total pax for catering pretty soon... Payment will be collected prior to the event...

joanne,

jus realised 12 dec i haf to bring darius for his jab. not sure will cranky not. tink i better gif it a miss. sorriew abt that!
other mummies interested can join in alreadi :)

Re: Metro sales
Went to Metro Woodlands today and bought the Philips Avent's Combined Syeamer and Blender (http://www.consumer.philips.com/c/avent-baby-bottle-feeding/s...cf870_21/prd/sg/)...
It's selling at $199 at Kiddy Palace and metro... However, there is 20% disc at metro, got it at $159... I think someone mentioned about this product b4, if interested, think its a good buy at 20% disc...

FOZ,
Hope lil Austen is feeling better... and recover soon...

Oh Joanne, if got more things from Philips to buy, there's a Philips carnival sales, includes the Avent stuff too. 7-8 Nov, 9-6pm, 620A Lorong l Toa Payoh.

ETirto
Yeah, I think I know the shop
happy.gif
Wahhh lucky Naomi got so many earrings liao.. Tomolo will check out her crystal stud yaa..

Sam,
Initially had wanted to go TPY for the sales but too lazy to go down, ended up i grab the steamer/blender @ metro...
happy.gif
Sam, r u the one who mentioned about the steamer/blender b4? did u get 1 also?

Oh dear..lamagier, do take care and get well soon, so that u can sing to minrui again
happy.gif

Foz, hope austen is alright. Poor boy...hope we wun disturb him tmr.

hbb, you not bringing edna tmr?

Joanne, can check with you is this steamer/ blender good? Any good reviews? I'm just worried that if the amount of ingredients too little, it may not be able to blend thoroughly?

FOZ,
hope austen will b better tmr.. n hope we r not disturbing u..

HBB,
Jav will tink of lil edna de.. hahaha.. tell her he miss her okay.. =P

Joanne,
i jus pmed u ..pls check..thnk u! =D sorrie for the late pm..=)

joanne
i think i'm the one who mentioned abt this pdt. i saw it in the magazine n it's a new pdt. so not sure of the reviews. but it does seem interesting n safe the hassle when preparing purees.

Chars,
Unable to give any reviews for the blender yet coz my girl haven't start solids yet... I'm a kiasu mummy, always buy stuff way advance and stock up everywhere (from my home to my MIL)... I aiming that blender v long le, waiting patiently for the price to drop b4 buying for my MIL, hope to make things easier for her thou...
Bbethan, oops... I thought is Sam... Keke... It seems a good product, just cut and dump everything inside... Can't wait to try it with my MIL...

Hello hello...

am upset. went to the skin doc couple of days back coz of the purplish patches on my skin... diagnosed with this thing called " Morphoea".. doc gave me a topical steroid cream to apply and go back in 2 weeks' time for a blood serum to be done. He said its in the same family as a condition called "lupus". It's an autoimmune condition where the body produces antibodies to fight off something within the body. That's why I hav these patches. I was warded during the 30th week of preg coz my heart rate suddenly went up to 200! all sorts of tests were done and a heart scan as well - all cleared. The heart rate was attributed to the ventolin i was taking as prescibed by my gynae - to prevent premature labour (had a previous premature birth at 24 weeks and bb cldn't survive)... troubled troubled coz wonder what's wrong with me. Going back to work on mon somemore to resign coz i hav a better job offer..... so worried ........sigh. sorry, just needed to get it off my chest.......

Bbethan,
Metro sales till this Sunday, 8 Nov... It's launched quite some time but always control myself from buying at $199... Finally metro 20% disc... $159...

Sherryl, ya, same birthday! Tomorrow, I will leave FOZ's place about 2pm, cos my mom wants to come over to do the 4th mth thing: she said had to dap bb's lips with chicken head so he can eat anything when he is ready or something like that, so she already made the Emperor Chicken for this. Then gotta dap his saliva to stop the drooling or else the drooling will not improve until 1 year old (friend say very true, so reminded me again and again I have to do this..), then also gotta sit the walker to symbolize sedan (have to clarify what it means tomorrow).. Then of course if bb hasn't shave hair on the first month has to it this day.. I already did a symbolic hair cut on his 1st mth, so I think ok already..

BBEthan, if you can go FOZ's place early, I can drop you off at BRR when I go fetch my mom & deputy mom.

<font color="ff0000">URGENT!!!</font>
Foz just msg me, asking if I can hold tomorrow's gathering at my plc, which I really cant.. Anyone able to take over?

Note: Austen has to be admitted, it's UTI..

<font color="0077aa">Hi all participants for tomorrow's get-together, I am afraid I need to cancel the event, I am so sorry for this last minute change. Baby Austen has been admitted to KKH a few hours ago. Will update all later on what happened. Thanks Kim and the other members in the WC, much appreciation. Mommies, the $12 will be refunded to you tomorrow by Gina. Sorry for any inconveniences caused and I thank you for your understanding. Good night.</font>

Mummies,
The gathering will still proceed on... Many thanks to Minty_mom for offering her place... It's pretty near FOZ's place... All participants should have already received my sms with her address now...

FOZ, my nephew had UTI before. He was less than 1yo then. Was admitted to KKH for days and went thru lots of test. Not easy for parents. very tiring too. You have to take care.

oh, Hope austen get well soon..

Btw anyone has wean off nite feed for their bb?
My ger has been eating every 4 hrs at nite recently..She wun take more than the usual ml intake. My aunt recomment to add in cereal to the milk to make her full but im thinking to intro cereal only at 6 mths..

mrsC, I read on babycentre and in a couple of baby books that adding cereal to the milk is not advisable to prolong the interval between the feeds...baby is waking up cos baby needs nutrients, and that is in the milk. Cereal also thickens the milk and can be a choking hazard, and also we all know that introducing stuff other than milk earlier can also increase the risk of food allergies.

Best to consult your paediatrician.

Back