(2009/07) July 2009 MTBs

BabyEthan, philips having carnival sale coming weekend 23-24th 9am-6pm.
happy.gif

http://www.philips.com.sg/about/news/press/2009_05_15_carnival_sale.page

Elijah's mummy,
thanks for the info! tat means i have to give her back one mth of salary..am i rite?.. but if the company's contract say must serve one mth notice i still can go ahead n pay n go for 24hrs notice?
yea..i can imagine the bad mouthing..imagine wen im not arnd in sch she alrdy bad mouth to my collegues..wads more wen im not in the sch...*sigh

Sherryl,
i see i see.. i think i only filled up the booking of the hospital.. pre admission i think haven filled up yet too..haha..
as for the pedi,its my god ma who recommended n doc ong knows him.. yea, the pedi is in Mt A.. i cant really rem his name, but hubbie shud recall..i check it out n let u noe again?

HBB,
i see.. i dono hw to activate the PM thing leh?..haha.. im an idiot wen it comes to computer.. haha.. ok, i email u my hp now..thnks!!

anw girls, do u noe where to get nursing bras besides mothercare n spring maternity?

Hi Jeslyn,
Thks alot...I only know doc ong knows two PD,which i had seen from one of the thread.Cant recall the name as well.Will ask him for recommendation too.

Hmm,as for the nursing bra,I got mine yesterday at Mothercare.Coz i dont know about my size,and the staff there was very experience.She told me to get one size bigger after using the measuring tape to measure.After which when i try it on,it really suits me..
Maybe u can consider trying to get from mothercare too..hee

kittyng, that's my sis and my experience. But not all day long lah, probably 10times a day, each time last abt 6secs. Just to give you an idea of how small we are, 1.5m, 37kg before pregnant.

If you don't mind, you could feel my tummy if it hardens tmr when we meet. See if it's the same or not.

Jeslyn, carrefour has nursing bras, very cheap also, I think someone mentioned it somewhere in the earlier post.

re: PD
i will find a reliable PD near my home instead of using hospital PD
reason being... the hosital oens are more ex.. and on top of that, many PD are always full (base on my sis exp with TMC), if bb sick need to see doc..always cant get a slot to see. they onli go by appt for most PD. we wun know whn bb will fall sick. and also hosp is a bit too far to go.

Hi bestberries,
I'm the cannot-sit-still type. I tried renting dvds, but no mood to watch. I think cope up at home for too long, no mood to do anything, just want to go out =p

Hi Peanut,
Wah, you're really petite.

I don't think I belong to the slender and lim category. I'm 1.66m and 57kg before preggers. Haha, ex-colleagues once commented I'm built like construction worker.

My gynae did tell me no need to worry about baby being squashed since i'm relatively tall, so baby still have lotsa space to grow. Just that baby is tall since husband also tall (1.80m)

hi Jeslyn,
I got mine from Marks & spencer and cheaper ones from metro sales. Also remember some mummies said Robinson sales has triump nursing bra (buy 3 get 1 free)

Hmm..maybe i pop by mothercare to take a look at the nursing bra. Bought a cheap one at JL last week, thinking maybe i should get better one.

Manage to buy some necessities for the bb at kiddy palace today, they are having 15% for regular items (non member) and 20% for members. Decided to get the Sebamed package of bubble bath, diaper cream and lotion instead of mustela. May switch to j&j when bb is much older cos not sure if she will follow her daddy with sensitive skin.

Will the philip sale have pumps and stuff for bb? I dun recall seeing anything when i was there last year..

Wonder if there are any good PD at the west side, very troublesome to travel to hospital or mount A just to see PD. My colleague actually brought her daughter to see GP whenever she was sick and only PD if it's serious.

Hi MrsC,
My gyane gave me a list of 20 PD to consider. not sure how she shortlisted them. But I guess they are probably PD who goes to TMC to attend to newborns there.
On the list there are a few west side PD.

Dr Winston Ng
Kidslink Children's clinic
309 Choa Chu Kang Ave 4 #04-02 S(680309)

Dr Heng Joo Teck
Kidslink Children's clinic
Blk 353 Jurong East St 31 #01-111 S(600353)

Dr Teo Siak Hong
Baby bear children's clinic
Blk 849 Woodlands St 82 #01-209 S(730849)

Dr Angelin Tan
Angelin's baby and child clinic
Blk 303, woodlands st 31 #01-177 S(730303)

Mrs C

Actually it's not advisable to see PD when the bb is still young. Coz GP generally will give meds that are higher dose and not suitable for bbs. Sometimes, the meds prescribed aren't even suitable for bbs!

MrsC: i am not sure if your obgyn recommended Dr Terence Tan from Kinder Clinic (at Mt A) but he is very good. I am giving birth at TMC also and I told my obgyn I wan the same PD. just that he super popular and long q but he always take time to answer your questions and worries and never hurry u through the consultation period ... Mostly i have to do walk-ins to see the PD when my gal is sick, not appt cuz cannot get last min. but so far ok ... i am not complaining cuz my gal never cry when she has to take jabs from him and she really likes him ... now tt she's 2, and can talk, she came back the other day after seeing him and said " i wan to see dr tan" i was so amazed!

Mashy: u mean not advisable to see GP?

coolkero: tt's a good question ... i think the TMC antenatal class told us what we need, or the confinement lady came and then we bought what we need.

I think the usual stuff u need for standby:
1) cotton wool (to clean baby eyes and butt and navel)
2) cord spirit (u can always buy from the hospital pharamacy)
3) burp clothes or flannel clothes to bath baby (i am saving my avent wipes for this) also burp vlothes to clean the baby's mouth
4) baby soap (i am using CB calming baby wash and J & J top to toe babywash)
5) diapers (dun have to stock up, just buy what you need cuz baby grow v fast, and u prob find you need to buy bigger size soon - can always ask the shop, keep the receipt to exchange if possible)
6) chinese herbs (I went to buy my red dates etc etc today liao)
7) get ready ur tee shirts (those thin comfortable ones) to wear at home ... last time i didn't get ready and all i found was the thick cotton ones which i almost died in ... need to change at least 4 to 5 tee shirts a day hor.
8) rubber changing mat? ru yu oil (to rub baby's tummy) - i never used the gripe water so erm not necessary for me ... powder, they would say not to use for new born, gal or boy, cuz easy to cause UTI (blockage) and baby can inhale the powder
9) diaper cream/ rashes cream/ eczema cream
10) baby mittens (need to wear till 1 month old)
11) very important, baby nail scissors - i recommend pigeon one
I can't think of anymore now!

Hi peanut, i would like to feel your tummy tmr
happy.gif
But i'm not too sure whether i will be joining u all tmr cox my mum has been hospitalised for the last 3 days and i'm hoping she can be discharged tmr. But still pending all the blood results as her fever is still on & off.

HBB, i'll sms you tmr about my attendance again. Sorry for the last min notice.

thanks pretty bunnie, hehehehe, will write it down, yah forgot about the diaper rashes cream also. so many things to prepare...

hmmm, good point of the t-shirt, will sabo my hubby comfy t-shirt and reserve them first, hahahahaha.

by the way received email from mothercare about their sale in marina square branch till end of this month. 15% off stroller, nursery, carseat, and highchairs. 30% off baby and kids fashion. but need either mothercare card or the email. if u ladies interested, i can forward the email to u, just give me your email add.

pretty bunnie

me too! hehe my boy's pd is dr t tan too! he takes to him very well! for all the jabs that he has had and not a sound each time! will even happily play with him! hahah re the long waiting time... think that is to be expected as he is so popular!

Thank u Sherryl, Peanut n Lamagier..
i shall go check it out den.. =)

HBB,
haf u received my hp no in yr email?...

prettie Bunnie,
thanks for the list.... nw i have a slightly better idea of wad else im supposed to get.. =D

anw, i hope i can turn up tmr.. have been on medications since ytd n today i jus slept, eat, take med, sleep... n the whole cycle again n again...=S

Thanks Twinkle for the info

RE: Nursing bra
Can get from Marks n Spencer too. Now they having promo 2 for $89. I also got another set from Mothers En Vouge. Much cheaper.

Coolkero
Is the sale at Marina Sq branch the new outlet? Cos when i went a few wks ago, they were closed and the new outlet will only open in May (don't know which day) at the Kiddy Palace premise.

Thanks HBB, on the info on the tangs sale, and the creams.
happy.gif

Exercise,
Yeah, I got that hardening of the belly feeling when I over-walked too much whether in parks, especially most shopping centres in SG tend to have very little sitting places for people to rest when I shop. But I'm starting to like swimming now, because I can spend quite a long while in the pool swimming and walking laps without feel that much pressure and strain, and less of the effects of hardening and contractions, so mummies might like to try swimming instead for exercise, if walking is bringing on contractions.

babyethan, i think you are right, it's beside kiddy palace, their new location is #03-161/162. i havent have the chance to go, today i send my hubby go but ahhhh he also dunno wat to get, in terms of wat size to buy, hahahaha.

HBB,
ohhh.okok... i go check it out..haha..sorrie for the trouble.. =D

Swimming:
yea..i agree tat swimming does help alot and its not as 'heavy' wen we are in the pool, but jus wanna ask, do u all buy swimming costumes for preggies? or wear bikini?..hahaa..

Jeslyn,
I wear a bikini to swim, tried on a few tankinis because I prefer to wear separates when I was learning open water diving a year ago, but didn't seem flattering trying to wrap it over my increasingly bigger belly, so didn't bother anymore trying to find a tank top.

Morning Mummies!

I almost sprained my ankle this morning, while walking to the car
sad.gif
Now ankle is swelling up a bit, I hope it is just a strain.

As for the Marina Sq Mothercare Promotion, I was just there last wednesday, there is also promotion for DBS/POSB credit card holders - same discount 15% off strollers, carseats, nursery, highchairs. 30% off baby and kids' fashion....until 31 May 09.

pretty bunnie

yah, not advisable to see GP when the bb is very young. Coz the GPs aren't versed in pediatrics and won't know what dosage/meds to give bbs. I've friends who after seeing GP showed the meds to the PD and were shocked to learn that those meds aren't even supposed to give babies.

Jeslyn
yea i also wear 2 pc if i go to swim now (thou not in sg public pools) cos the life guard will prob stare n stare!

jeslyn

i bought a 2 pc tankini from maternity mall during my 1st preg. Been wearing it till now. This week going sentosa
happy.gif
so finally can wear it again after a long while. So long haven't been swimming.

Hi Morning Mummies,
Was reading the threads.. Wow... think you guys are so healthy, going swimming. I think its excellent for keeping fit and for preggies.. But I am really paranoid.. and I dun dare to go cos I kept having fear that some kids will accidentally kick my stomach.. so paranoia right!
Anyways, I think I am lazy too!!

Hi Mashy, thanks for your advice, I do not feel comfy bringing my bb to GPs too, and you have jut confirm my doubts.

Hi Muffingal, do be more careful cos I think we are not as good as "balancing" ourselves these days.

Btw, i went to the Robinson Sale over the weekend, but realised that there is not much bb things to buy.. Wanted to get either a bb cot or playpen.. Infact most pple said its good to get a play pen but some said that its harder for mothers who had c-section cos its lower that a cot.. Well in the end, I din get any yet.. still thinking....

Month of May meet up
Date: 18th May (Monday)
Time: 6.45pm

1. Han bao bao
2. FOZ (got the contact)
3. MuffinGirl (got the contact)
4. Sunsweet (got the contact)
5. Kimberly (got the contact)
6. elijah'smummy (jasminechenx)(tentative, cos I need to get someone to see to my boy):)
7. Kitty (got the contact)
8. MrsC (tentatively, if i can arrive early)
9. Peanut (got the contact)
10. Babyethan (got the contact)
11. Jeslyn (got the contact)
12. Twinkle (tentatively. I supposed to have another gathering but seem not confirm to-date)
13. Sam (got the contact)
14. Loshita

jamie
swim on weekdays evening? or early weekends morning
lesser ppl

i am not sure bout ur baby care arrangement
but if u r caring for bb urself.. i would tink u prob need both cot n play pen...
for myself i got both becos day time bb will play then nap in play pen... at nite after wash up.. she sleep in cot till nxt morning
more like hygiene purposes on my part...
but if u r not caring full time for baby mayb u dun need both

Good am all mommies..

RE: Nursing bra
I find the Triumph size quite limited. I needed a 80C (current size) and the style I like din have it, so the salesgirl asked me to take 85B cos the cup size id the same, but mommies, do bear in mind, the 5cm different means the support is NOT GOOD!!! Sale staff told me I will grow a size bigger again after delivery (which I am not even sure will happen) and even if I did, I can always use the extension.. So be very careful when choosing nursing bra..

RE: Cotton pads
You can get the larger cotton pad from Guardian, they are about twice the size of those we use for removing make/up. I standby a packet in case it works better than the small piece ones.

RE: Gripe water
Lactation consultant told me it is not necessary so I did not buy any.

Coolkero, I was at Kiddy Palace yesterday too-- about 2pm to check out the cot bed and almost bought the Pureen maternity napkins but gave up when I saw the long queue at the check out.

Kitty, hope your mom is better now. My sister also had on&off fever since last week, GP told her to go TTSH if still not subside but today.. I wonder if it's another kind of flu virus or mossie bite?

Jeslyn, I still wear my bikini too, but I tell you, it feels great to be in the water, but when stepping out, it's "back to reality".. But you'll enjoy it!

Mashy, I go Sentosa almost every Sunday, usually around 3om, Siloso beach where the beach benches & umbrellas are. I saw another "Ang-moh" pregnant woman there yesterday, but I am usually the only Asia preggie there..

Jamie, dun worry about your bb, cos we mommies has protective instinct to "fend" for our little ones.. give it a try, you'll like it.

Muffingirl, hope all is well soon, find yourself some cold compress to sooth the swelling. Take care!

Thanks! If ankle isn't giving me too much trouble I should still be at the dinner...easy to identify me lah, the limping pregnant one HAHA

muffin girl.. i am limping also... cos of the pelvic pain for weeks...

ladies
if u r early jus giv mi a buzz.. i b early! cos need to go do my baking shopping before that haa

Hi HBB and Kimberly,
Yeah, maybe will try it after work in the evening. My colleague is also encouraging me to swim at her condo that is just beside my workplace. Really have no other excuses not to try it... Heehee

HBB,
My bb will be taken care by my aunt in the day and by myself in the night. However, during the confinment period of two months, I am staying with my in-laws place with my confinement lady.. So i actually got 3 "homes" to prepare for the bb.. But i guess, after the confinement I can bring the bb cot from my in laws house back to my own home for own use. So far, the two bb cots are to be given by my relatives and friends so I did buy anything yet. Was thinking if I must buy, may as well get a bb cot since I already got 2 playpens.. what do u think? Do i even need so many.. This is really a dilemma.

jamie
so u mean u got play pen given by others liao? in that case if u realy wan to buy.. buy a cot ...

now i tink i onli need to buy mattress for the 2 playpen i hav(yes i have 2!!) duno whr to buy yet.. (lazy also lar haa since bb dun need play pen yet)

Sam,
i see.. thnks for yr info!

Muffingirl,
do be careful..take care..hope u will b better ..

HBB,
arh.. when i went to Bintan.. i swam in my bikini n shorts too.. but cos to me no one knows me there ma.. but in sg, i scared..so pai say..haha.. i think everyone will stare.. den u swim in priv pool?

Mashy,
i see..where did u get yr maternity swimwear?

Kimberly,
i oso wore my bikini at Bintan during my trip..but i feel so insecure.. like breasts gonna drop out of bikini..haahaha.. maybe i mus get bigger size..=X

HBB,
yap, already got 2 play pens given by others.. I have not gotten the playpens yet, once I gotten them, I will got and buy the mattress too for the playpens. I think aussino selling S$79.90 bb comforter set is not bad. Cos its a playpen, we do not need to buy bumpers/cot protector so its cheaper. I saw at OG, its selling at S$140 for those full bumper/comforter/pillow sets. quite expensive.

Hi Mummies,
Need your help, I rememebered we were discussing on what to bring to the hospital but I just cant find the date of the thread.. Wanted to pack my stuffs this week. Can anyone be kind enough to post the list to pack again or let me know the date of the thread? Thanks lots!

jeslyn
in sg if i wan swim i will go club pool or friends pte pool...
i tink in public pool life guard dun stare..kids also will stare!
yesterday i went dn to buy sth at the supermart my t shirt not that long lar.. expost say 3inch of my tummy.. a little boy already start to sayang my tummy..scare his mummy haa his mummy keep sayign sorry.. so funny...
kids see tummy they will feel like touching one haha

jamie
actualy i tink dun need buy comforter set leh..
at least not for the 1st yr .. quite hazardous

those shopping mall bumper set is v ex one leh.. it ink u can try kidzloft.. theirs quite cheap (cant rem hw much thou)
afterall u onli need it for 1st few mth.. when they can crawl n stand u realy dun need the bumper liao

Hello mummies!
Disappeared for a while cos was traveling in Japan - last trip before baby arrives!
happy.gif
Hope everyone has been doing well, am going to take some time to catch up on the thread. From now on, I really need to focus and start buying stuff for the baby's arrival - thanks for all the sales tips!
happy.gif

HBB, too much shopping last week eh? :p Agree about the staring. Yesterday, while I was rinsing, 2 little girls (abt 4yrs)were looking at my tummy and one whispered into the other's ear, so I told them there is a baby inside, and she asked me how long more before bb pops (like an adult!) and I told her another 8wks..

kimberly
haaa... well.. i need to bake sth for the weekend .. so need to go n get the stuff LOLz

oh my gf's dd... damn cute also
she see me she ask.. why tummy so big and start touching... (gave my gf a scare also) then i say gt bb inside... nxt day she see mi again.. she ask.. why bb still inside? why dun wan come out? that was like when i was onli 5 mth preggy haha

and the girls who ask u onli4 or so? gosh.. and they know hw to ask hw long more!! nowadays kids are smart!!

take care muffin girl as we are getting bigger and clumpsier now. dun walk so much, try to rest your feet whenever possible, hehehehe ask hubby to serve food and drinks until u recover, hehehe.

welcome back sunnyduck, how's your trip, envy envy, got see cherry blossoms??? tell us more about your trip. btw yes shopping wif a purpose is so much fun ahhhhh...everything for our baby.

Mommies,
1. How many sets of wash cloth & Bath towels do we need for bb?

2. What is the diff btwn cot liner and bubble liner? They are both water proof, I have seen parents using the bubble ones to change their bb or place them during drying after bath, can we use a cot liner for these purposes too?

3. I was told cot liner is to line under the cot sheets and advisable to line multiple layers so when bb wet the bed, we just rip off the top layer and there is another layer of sheets ready to use. Now, in this case, I suppose we need to line the cot with liner, sheet, liner, sheet, liner, sheet right? so that also means I need 3 liners if I want to standby 3 layers of sheets right? (Hope you dun find me silly to ask this qn..)

Back