(2009/05) May 2009 MTBs

HiHi

How's everyone?

re : throw tantrums
I will just leave him alone and walk off.

re : 2nd bday bash for may09 babies
Last yr, didnt attend as Winston was admitted to hospital. This yr wont be attending too as I need to do confinement.. so sad.

win, yes jaeden's teeth all out le...so he is v interested in all kinds of food now..esp those that are cruncky !

re : throw tantrums
andrea, if he is making a scene, u jus leave him there alone ??

re : 2nd bday bash for may09 babies
andrea, why feel sad ? u hv another new baby joining the family ! how i wish i hv one too ! hahaha

porky, I will just leave him alone too.. usually mil will go n stop it.. mil dote him a lot.. Sad cos I will be missing the 2nd time too.. ur time will come.. excatly better when #1 is after 2 yrs old as they r older. if u got helper, faster plan le.. hehe

Hi Porky

My gal started her first long tantrum last sun. She didnt wanna leave the hawker centre so I started walking away but still gotta look back so that she can chase after me. That is the way to do it cos you don't want them to think they can get their way if they create a scene. Then when they catch up with you, distract them and they will easily forget what they were crying about!

good morning mummies !

andrea, i seldom go out w mil or i prefer not to go out w her if i bring my boy...she will gv in to my boy n stop me if i get harsh w him...thats wat i dont like it

i dont hv helper lah...so both me & hb agreed aft our boy turns 2 then we plan for #2..dont wan tired ourselves out..esp no proper caregiver for #1 now

lush, wat if she dont wan to chase aft u ? hehe...i think i will try to distract him with something n quickly carried him out of that place ! v malu leh...i saw some mummies whack n scream at the tots before...

porky, if we go out, usually is Sunday with hubby.. he very scared of his dad so most of the time outside he nvr throw tantrums very well behave, is at home only, his father not around or overseas, got lots of pattern. Ur boi 1st grandchild? Usually if 1st grandchild, every ppl treat like treasure.. mayb u can plan for dragon bb.. hehe.

andrea, same..i only go out w mil if my hb is gg w us on sunday marketing..other then that i prefer nt..my boy is 2nd grandchild..but mil stay w us..so she can see him everyday mah. yes we are planning for dragon bb ! hehe

re: tantrums
i kena the worse frm hailey in japan. she keep wanting to climb stairs and japan is full of stairs! so when i reject her, she will sit on the floor and cry n kick and refuse to get up. japan is very crowded so u can imagine how pek chek we became. anyway when we're back in sg, no such problem. cuz when we go out, we jus drive car n relax liao. hahaha!

jamie, so what u do when she sit on the floor and cry n kick and refuse to get ?? hailey likes to climb stairs so much ? why only in japan she did tat ? in sg she wont climb stairs if she see it somewhere ?

If no one ard, I leave her alone. If gt crowd le, I jus grab n force carry her lor. Hmm, mayb cuz in japan everywhere is stairs. Esp taking the trains. Many flights of stairs. @_@ In sg also will la, bt nt so hiong. Lol!

good morning mummies
happy.gif

jamie, next time hailey can take part in vertical marathon -- since she likes stairs so much :p tokyo hv lotsa stairs -- u must be tired! we strapped yuan2 to the stroller most of the time -- only let her out in restaurant/train/hotel...

jaime and win, justin's n frances' are all out? yuan2 still have 2 teeth missing -- for the longest time....

porky, looks like u had a fun gathering for the tots at ur pl last weekend
happy.gif

the final 3 molar..not out yet...only 1 of the second set of molar is out..

i think i wrote a lot of recommendation for dentist..didnt get posted..

any case..my fren say SGH got those national dental care , those cheap kind can oreid wor..

if private , city sq mall q&m has children dentistry..

the most atas is going to camden medical..apparently got some kid dentist..sgd 100 plus..but just open the kids mouth a few sec..and tell u standard SOP stuff..

coz my fren the company can claim..so go for such atas service

halo mummies,
so long never come in here liao. howz everyone doing? looks like a no of mummies are expecting #2. how time flies.

re dentist. my dentist recommended sending kiddo when they are around 3 because by then, they can take instruction better and won't be so fearful of the procedures. i sent my older gal to a "normal" dentist who is very good with children. she even sang "the wheels of the bus went round and round" when she was doing the cleaning and kept praising my gal. my gal had such a pleasant experience dat each time she brushes her teeth, she will rem dat she must do it well so dat dentist will be happy with her.

in the meantime, get them used to brushing routine and restrict sweet stuff to keep their teeth in good condition.

first born - for cc bag, pack spare change of clothes, water bottle, diapers, milk powder and bottle, toiletries if not provided, plastic bag for keeping soiled clothes, mattress cover etc.

my older gal was toilet trained at cc. the younger one will likely be toilet trained at cc too.

Hi mummies, long time never log in and chat.

Isaac's lower molar on both sides are visible after few days of 'labour' struggle. He just started a bad cough after recovering from running nose! I intend to bring him to a dentist at a later stage but for my girl would be time to go probably during coming school holiday.

advsports, yes ! quite fun...is a last min gathering at my place since mil is not in..wahahaha..but but, my boy seems like not v pleased to share his toys..yuan2 has this problem ? or mayb he dont hv many frens come to play with his toys so he dont like it ?

firstborn, i pack my boy's cc bag : 1 set PE clothes, 1 set spare 2-pc clothes, 1 bath towel (all these put into 1 ziplock bag). 1 water bottle w strap, 1 milk bottle, 1 milk dispenser (1 feed only), 5pcs diaper, 1 ziplock bag for soiled clothes/towel, 1 tube desitin, 1 bolster+case, 1 toothbrush. thats all !

win, my boy's teeth all completed liao..but i not yet bring him to any dentist..i heard Q&M at citysqmall is not bad. will bring him there when he can understand proper instructions..if bring him there now he sure struggle like mad...

thanks. his child care is starting nxt week and I'm getting a bit anxious. Dunno whether he'll enjoy it. i felt like quite poor thing, he's not even 2 yr old, hv to leave him w unfamiliar faces.

His 4 molars are halfway out and the canines are erupting too. Luckily he can start taking a bit of more chunky food. but dunno whether he'll enjoy the food at childcare...

porky

regarding the water bottle with strap. Does your water bottle come w the strap? or do you know where can I buy the strap for my munchkin bottle?

yes i bgt the water bottle w strap BPA free. u can get from kiddy palace or metro. if u wan get the strap only, i saw kiddy palace also got sell. but u must bring ur bottle to try if it can fit nicely

win, i went to a dentist @ JP -- quite nice but not sure if he is child friendly... anyway, will wait till yuan2 is older than look for a dentist -- now she is not brushing her teeth (merely action or biting) -- i hv to brush for her...

feb_mum, how does cc toilet train ur girls? do u need to prepare lotsa of undies?

porky, haha, same lah, yuan2 also dun like to share her toys -- coz she so used to having all the toys to herself (no competition). funny thing is, when her frens playsa toy that she dun like, she will suddenly like playing that toy :p

oh, she is ok when my nieces n nephews play with her toys though -- coz she looks up to them (jie jie and gor gor)
happy.gif
think she will bully my #2 big time!

adv sport - seems like toys are always nicer when someone else is playing. rachel will only want to play with the toy that rebecca is playing and vice versa. get ready for all the toy battles! when are you due?

re toilet training in cc - actually, i oso not too sure. was told to put in an pair of extra shorts for her and let her wear panties under her shorts. teacher kept on reminding her to go toilet and she managed to do it. only nid diaper when she napped. then slowly, went diaperless during nap time too. tink train in cc easier coz there is peer pressure. and also, there is a cleaning auntie to clean up accidents. at home, i was too uptight abt her accidents so was not successful. ;p

good morning mummies
happy.gif

feb_mum, haha, it is more fun when there is competition :p m due in aug (edd 16 aug) -- maybe a national day bb but we hope it will be 13 aug (the day when me n hubby first met)
happy.gif

yuan2's cc haven't inform us yet... think i will be like you -- too uptight abt accidents at home :p

adv sport - it will be nice if the bb comes on 13 aug, so romantic. but it will be very cute if the bb comes on national day. then your kiddos are all public hol bbs, haha.

that time, it was the cc teacher who told me dat rachel was ready for toilet training so we just went along. i've come to realise there's no point in pushing for toilet training unless they are ready, if not, full of frustration and heartpain. so i'm very relaxed with rebecca now.

Good Afternoon Mummies
happy.gif

Thks all for the advice on dentist visit. shall wait for another few more mths till all teeth are out hehe.

adv, jaeden is ok to share his toys with his kor kor (my nephew)..but when lil frens come to his house to play, he seems like hugging all the toys to himself ! at cc he is ok, will share and play tog

oh, cc say will toilet train when they are over 2yrs old..no hurry to do it now

hi, sorry to disturb

can you kindly help vote for my 2 lil ones... thanks a bunch..

Please click on the link below n "like" the page "singaporemummy"

http://www.facebook.com/singaporemummy

Then (album 5, photo 101 )

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=196785520350645&set=a.196491317046732.54304.166984169997447&theater

n this (album 5, photo 97)

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=196785477017316&set=a.196491317046732.54304.166984169997447&theater

THANKS n have a nice weekend ahead.. =)

good morning mummies
happy.gif

feb_mum, yuan2 is born on apr 30 -- one day before labour day
happy.gif

yah, will leave it to cc to toilet train yuan2... less stress for me :p

porky, kids r smart -- they know cc toys r shared... but at home, they r the king/queen :p

re: bilingual
yuan2 is potato as we mostly speak english to her.. though she has mandarin class @ cc, seldom hear her speak... last weekend, my parents were trying to communicate with her in mandarin -- chicken n duck talk *haha*

how to expose her to more mandarin? any good children program to recommend?

adv sports - pai sei, rem wrongly. yuan2 is ph eve bb, haha.

re bilingual
they learn language fastest thru immersion. so personally, i feel dat those once-a-week lesson may not help very much. if you and your hb can speak chinese, you can try speaking to her in chinese instead. they pick it up faster that way. the sch environment is predominately english speaking so if you can change the home language environment, it will help greatly.

feb_mum, hubby wanted to wait me till may 13 but i cannot tahan any longer -- asked gynae to burst waterbag (was oledi 3cm dilate for 1-2 weeks) :p rebecca is ph bb
happy.gif

hubby n me speak mostly english at home -- our mandaring is half pail full :p i gotta buy more mandarin materials and expose yuan2 to that...

Adv_sport- Agree with Feb Mum. Claire was potato also! haha It was until a point where she said "NO" when I spoke mandarin! So I try to speak Mandarin to her on fixed days of the week. She has SLIGHT improvement.. at least now she understands some basic mandarin. She watches her playhouse disney cartoons in mandarin also. Not sure if SG cable has that function to choose langauge.
But its werid lor.. to hear mickey mouse speak manadarin. I feel like I'm in China! hahah

Bean: Ya it is really funny to hear mickey speak mandarin.

At home, we tried bilingual and now she ended up speaking a mixture of languages in 1 sentence.
sad.gif

Like my stuff or hubby stuff, she will goes "Ma ma de" or "Daddy de" or "Nai Nai de". faint

So far i only heard her say "Lai" (come) and "bu1 yao1" instead of "bu4 yao4".

We speak to my boy in both English and Mandarin too. Initially, we are afraid that he will be confused but I think he knows which is English and which is Mandarin. Initially, he will mix English and mandarin when he speaks, but now it is better, he can talk in pure English like go into room or Chinese like yao4 ci1 bao1. Think initially, they mix and match English and Mandarin as they have difficulty pronouncing, so just use the easier to pronouce words in either mandarin or English.

When do you mums intend to start toilet training? I think it is about time to train, but too lazy to do so and lots of coordination work to do. Maybe wait till they are 2?

Feb mum and adv sports so good, can leave to childcare to train.

adv, yes at home he is the king ! in fact, some of the stuff inside our room is not his..but he will take and claim is his loh..bth !

me & hb speak to my boy in english. sometimes mandarin. but mil will speak to my boy in hokkien and teochew too !

re : toilet training
actually i think my boy is ready..but im too lazy to train him...now and then, he will walk to me and say "su su" meaning he wants to pee..hahaha

baby may,
i also intend to leave toilet training to cc, unless jodie starts indicating at hm. on & off, she will tell us if diaper nids to be changed by clutching it, but most of the time, she jus keeps quiet until we smell the bomb
sad.gif

re: languages
we speak a mix of mandarin & english at hm, then some dialects here & there. but so far, she's only picking up mandarin & chinese, i guess cos more often used as she goes cc

re: mandarin
bean, erhmm, mickey mouse clubhouse in mandarin?? sound weird to me :p

i assigned the "task" to hubby to find mandarin educational programs *haha* we show one of them thru youtube to yuan2 -- she is not interested
sad.gif

will see how can we get her interested in mandarin...

porky, wah, jaeden exposes to so many languages
happy.gif
sometimes i will mumble teochew to yuan2, too...

re: toilet train
bbmay, i asked cc -- same like porky, they said will start after 2yo... so no hurry...

adv, u are a teochew ? haha..sometimes my hb will speak some teochew to jaeden..both of us are teochew so hb want him to understand some of our languages too

re : toilet train
last night jaeden came to me and say he wants to poo poo, so i say ok go ahead. aft done he walk to me and say "mummy ok"..haha. he is almost ready lah..but i will leave it to cc to train him at 2..jus a few more months away. partly also bcos im too stress if he made a mess at home !

Adv sports - the interest in Mandarin will come gradually. Initially she won't be interested basically because she cannnot understand what you/video are/is saying. Must take some time..
happy.gif
Now when she watches the cartoons in Mandarin she will repeats some of the words used.

Toilet training - So good that you girls can leave it to the CC to train.. I also want!! hahaha I don't think Claire is ready to toilet train. She doesn't tell us she wanna pee pee and sometimes when she pees while bathing she will clutch her V-area and frown. She feels werid that she is not peeing into her diaper but into air.. hahaah

porky, yup, m teochew -- we r relatives 500 years ago
happy.gif
hubby is hokkien but hardly speaks... i still converse with my parents in teochew
happy.gif

sounds like jaeden is ready
happy.gif
when yuan2 tells me she wanna poo poo.. will bring her to sit on potty... but she will keep standing up to look inside *haiz*

bean, yah, will slowly expose her to mandarin... now i will ask her to say thank you in mandarin
happy.gif
good that claire is responding well
happy.gif

haha, claire is used to pee into diaper :p may she is startled by the hot pee...

re: transit from cot to toddler bed
i m planning to move yuan2 out from the cot to sleep on mattress or get a toddler bed...

i try not to make yuan2 feel that she has to give up her cot for #2...

is it a good idea to get a toddler bed?

Adv sports- hahah Claire feels werid to pee onto her legs!
I would get a normal bed with those pull out mattress at the bottom. Can use for very long and also save space..
happy.gif
your no.1 and no.2 can eventually will sleep together right? She will outgrow her toddler bed very fast i think.

hi all, wow long time no pop by! =)

re: toilet training
tried with hailey but failed terribly. she refuses to let anyone touch her when she is abt to poo or pee. only tells us when she is done. @_@

re: speaking mandarin
we speak only english at home, but my mum n uncle speaks in hokkien at times. chinese is very seldom unless i wanna tell hb smt that i dun wan hailey to understand. lol! *gossiping abt her* she totally dun understand at all, and dunno her chinese name even.. =/ i think quite diff cuz no one is used to speaking chinese. esp my mum who cant speak chinese at all. dunno hw la like tt.

anyway, i have a question! the bubs are turning 2 soon. is everyone doing a big or small celebration?

good morning mummies
happy.gif

bean, yah, think i better get a normal bed... yes, in time to come, yuan2 will share with #2... gotta look ard for a suitable one...

jamie, will be doing 3 small parties for yuan2 -- like her 1 yo bday
happy.gif
1 @ cc, 1 @ my parents' place, and 1 @ my mil's place... dun think i hv the energy to do a big party with my bump...

anyone going for baby photo shoot? thot of doing it again
happy.gif

Back