(2009/05) May 2009 MTBs

Hi mummies, anyone brought your son to circumcise? Can share your experience on the procedure and the after care? I have to bring my boy to do that tomorrow for medical reasons so I want to be prepared.

Thanks in advance

Dodo: I have not received your msg leh.. heee can send again? Thanks thanks!

Cola: I think its not I let my baby stand and cruise, she kind of unstoppable! I think babies will stand when they are ready, its not really by age bah. Cuz some babies have stronger legs. I have not checked with PD, but even if PD says its not good, i can't stop claire.. I can't pin her down also.. she will just keep standing up and sitting down...

Hi mummies, anyone brought your son to circumcise? Can share your experience on the procedure and the after care? I have to bring my boy to do that tomorrow for medical reasons so I want to be prepared.

Thanks in advance

good day mummies ! busy week for me..cos lil jaeden got viral infection..fever on and off...i hv been taking half day leave to fetch him back from ifc...actually ifc is kind enough to help me take care of him half a day

adv/tinym, my boy likes to snatch the washclothes when bathe too ! and he will stuff the washcloth into his mouth when i rub bath shampoo on him...gosh i hv to be fast enough to stop him from doing that...

re : co-sleep
my boy co-sleep with us since his 3rd month...yes is parents instinct..both me & hb will always check before we turn in bed...and eversince he learn to flip, he will suddenly flip and end up behind our back so we migrate him to playpen lowest level...now my back is aching from all the carrying and feeding every night...hb bgt upapa hug for me...but i haven try it yet....hehe

bean, i hope to train my boy the way u train claire...but is hard for us...cos mil is always ard and she cant bear to hear our boy crying..she will rush to the room to find out wat happen and carry him up...sign..even i lock the door also no use de...she will bang and make sure we open the door so she can see her grandson...so whenever i put jaeden in his playpen to play and sleep on his own...aft 20mins or so, he will scream and cry so loud until my mil will make noise at me

muffintop, we also got medical reasons and might bring our boy for circumcise..i haven decide on the date yet and also dunno abt the procedure all this..if u knw can pm me ? TIA !

re : carseat
we bgt the carseat before our boy is born..but until now haven let him sit on it yet...hb keep delaying the trial...

rc cola: by O and X shape u mean bow-legged?

bean: i think dun let put her weight on her legs for too long shld b ok.. my mom says its the weight, not when they start to stand or cruise.. =)

porky: hope jaeden gets well quick! =)

Jamie

Yes, bowed legs (either inwards or outwards) coz their bones are still flexible..
I dun train my boy to stand or whatever, he is doing by himself.. hm.. now I am a bit concern, dunno if this is true..
My boy can stand for like 15 mins at one go by holding onto somethings ie. Sofa, cot railings, etc..

Bean
Yes, we cant stop them if they want to do anything.
I always think as long as they are developing according to their own capability, we should not meddle.. er.. dunno if it is true..

By the way mummies, my boy particularly likes MONKEY hahahahaa..
Everytime he flips to the “monkey” on his cloth book, he will grin and giggle.. tis doesn’t happen to other animals on the book ler hahaha.. the monkey looks indifference to me ler..

yes yes...my mum also like jean's MIL...if she hear baby crying she will come knocking already..
i tried to train when she wasnt ard but my hubby also not strong at heart as well..only me...so also difficult to train..

<font color="ff0000">Christmas gathering @ feb_mum's place</font>
Time : 2.30pm
Date : 24 Dec (Thurs)
1) feb_mum
2) firefly_leslie &amp; Baby Kayla
3) cheesecake &amp; Baby Vera - paid
4) juju &amp; bb jodie - paid
5) ak &amp; bb greg - paid
6) ibite &amp; Baby Chelsea
7) tiny_m &amp; hubby + Baby Le Xuan - paid
8) adv_sports &amp; baby yuan2 - paid
9) joyce_yong &amp; baby Hui Xin
10) porky_jean &amp; baby jaeden - paid
11) shers + helper + 2 missy shers
12) Muffintop + bb Raphael
13) jling - paid
14) Andrea + bb winston
15)
16) Bean + little bean
17)
18)
19) Poohwei+ baby+ toddler+ hubby+helper (Paid: Transaction No: 2592926952)
20)
21) Yuki + baby jayden + hubby (to be confirmed)
22) graceofgod + baby Joelle + Toddler Julian (to be confirmed)
23) Adrienne + 2 helpers + brent + tasha
24) mikojade + helper + nigel

Re: Co-sleeping
My #1 has been co-sleeping with us since 2 months old till now...Grr,,she is 27 months now and we still cannot get rid of her off the bed. For my #2, it was COT from the first day she returned from the hospital. Hence, she is very used to the cot. Recently, i need not rock her for long, maybe 5 min max and she will go to dreamland on her own.

Re: Bfging
While my milk supply has started to drop a little, i still have sufficient supply to feed both my #1 and #2. Hence, i will bf as long as my #2 would want to latch on. Think i will only stop if she self weans or my #3 comes along. Keeping my fingers crossed that #3 will only come by when #2 is ard 2 years old. Looking back, the last time that i bought milk powder was probably 7-8 months ago. This kiasu mummy stocked up so much FM for #1 thinking that she will not drink the excess BM,. Thank goodness, she drank and i saved a lot of $$$. Plus it is so much more convenient. I had not brought ebm out for my gal for the past 6 months! other than having a small bottle of warmed ebm to be kept on standby while i brought my #1 for class.

As to baby rejecting FM if we introduce it to them later...My #1 had a struggle with FM when i tried to convert her from EBM to FM previously even at 8 months old. i think babies are very smart...so it does not matter whether they are 6 months or 1 YO, we just have to slowly help them adapt to FM if we want to wean them off ebm.

Cola: Claire can stand for 20 mins! She will stand up to watch her video. If I put her down, she will stand up again! I cannot be with her all the time as I'm looking after Claire all by myself in the daytime. I also never train Claire to do anything! She sits up, crawls and stands by herself! But I think if they are not ready to stand, they won't be able to! haha The fact that they can stand not not fall down means the legs are strong and developed enough. I think you cannot judge by the age.
Also, I went online to see, pulling up to stand and cruise at this age is not that fast leh.. haha Its listed as a milestone that some babies can fulfil in the mamypoko website. So I think your worries is undue. Hope this helps!
I could cruise around at 7 months and now my legs are straight and ok! hahaha So I think its not a problem lah.. don't worry.

waa so many posts, my mail flooded
happy.gif

adv sports,
when my baby had slight dry cough I rub baby eucalyptus oil on her back and chest afetr bath twice a day. She was fine in 2-3 days time.

bean,
i try ur method yday. both maid and hubby angry le. 4:30am baby woke up.. very sleepy but she flip on tummy and keep rubbing her face to bedsheet and lift her tummy up in air and cry. I tried almost 30mins and gave up eventually had to rock and pat. give her milk and support her to sleep on her side (so she wont flip on her tummy and cry again)
when I tell hubby on the method. he very angry. I guess i look for no cry it out method. yday baby REALLY very fussy. she cry 30mins for sleep and finally tired and put her in cradle. swing swing till she go sleep...

ILoveSashimi,
Good to know ur baby recover. desowen is one cream which got steroid but percent I think 0.5% and it will be written on the cover also. I read that steroid cream may not penetrate deep and do any potential damage as oral steroids do. I hope so.
currently continue lactose intolerance/ soyamilk for another 2-3 days. then one feed at a time reintro her usual milk. if anything suspesious u ll know in mins - hrs. then change back to lactose intolerance.

also my baby back on ezcema and keep spreading. currently I trying on hope relief cream but then she cry (wonder she dont want me to touch or it is pain when apply) I thinking of going for immmunity check and allergy test. Anyone got it done before and any good doc to recommended? I heard Dr. Thiru good from another thread. Anyone tried?

I have tried all home made remedies for eczema but i guess cant stop when it already have thou prevent can. I guess allergy being cause of immunity not well function I have to accept it and get it check properly.

Bean

Thanks. It eases my mind. So it doesn’t matter is it? As long as we dun force them to stand or to cruise, and they are just do whatever they think they can. I cant remember when my #1 starts to stand, but she crawled very speedily at 8 mths old.
Haha.. ya my boy also stands the longest whilst watching tv hahaha!

sgpv,

I guess its not a good idea to try something new at 430am in the morning...
My baby sleeps at 930pm, then she will wake up at 730am in the morning. I will normally put her to bed at around 9pm using the method described.

Sgpv

I agree with bean, I think wee hour is not a good timing to train bb to sleep on her own. U risk waking up everyone in the house hehe

Bean
Little beanie got teeth already? :p Mine got a little one protruding, and he bit me at 5am feed! Woke me up totally hahahaha

Hi Sgpv

I just managed to train my son to sleep thru the night.

The first few times, he will wake up in the middle of the night fussing and crying. What we did was we gave him water instead of milk. Not too much water too. Around 40ML to 60ML. After drink a bit, we see that he's getting tired again, we'll just put him on his cot and let him sleep. After like 1 week, he no longer wakes up in the middle of the night.
happy.gif

As for training my boy to sleep by himself is another tough one. But he has this tendency to fall asleep when we're feeding him so whenever we feed him and can see that he's getting tired but not completely asleep, we quickly put him on his cot and he will eventually fall asleep. Sometimes, he fuss and cry, we will try to pat him without carrying him. After about 1 week, he managed to sleep by himself without patting.
happy.gif

Hopefully my experience can help you train your bb.
happy.gif

bean, rc cola, b00zer,
thank you for ur replies. I will try out today. I generally give bath and then put her in her bed and give milk. she will sleep. but ever since she is trying to crawl she is bit fussy and not easily sleeping and in sleep when she turn on tummy she lifting her tummy in air and crying.

regarding waking up several times. it reduced to 2-3 times and each time I feed her milk she will go back to sleep. but now as said above got prob. When she do like that I have to hold her and then slowly put back on bed.

Shers
Well I use those condom like thing to insert my finger in anal when baby very very constipated and basic treatments dont work (like giving water, fruit juice)

For gums (when baby not yet teeth)
I use damp wash cloth on gums n tongue. If milk is too thick coating on tongue then 1 drop baby glycerin (you wud find those bandage which r cotton n got very long distant threads.. I cut in to squares already) and put 1 drop of glycerin and clean her tongue. Baby glycerin not available w/o prescription.

Shers
Haha.. I do not do anything to his mouth at all, never wash the tongue too, coz my PD said it is not necessary, but his tongue is never whitish so we just leave it haha..

Anyone using those beaker cups yet? When do we start?

Also, for solids, when do we introduce lumpier textures to them?

Re:hwa xia swimming
I've gt 3 sessions of swimming + 3 sessions of massage left. Anyone interested to tk over do pm me ok! Thx!!

jamie:
I using the pigeon mag mag since claire was 6 mth.
i started her on the bellamy's pasta stars when she was 7 months. She is quite ok with it.

jamie, i also using mag mag when jaeden 6mths..now he will try to use his hands to grab the handle when drinking water...haha

jamie,

im using NUK training cup when YA was 5 and half month. he is holding his cup/ bottle now but not drinking himself, bite the teat like a teether :p

Bean
My boy uses my girl’s pigeon straw mag mag .. they kinda share things :p
He is also drinking thru normal cups.. no specific cups for him coz he doesn’t really drink water that much.

I still have the pasta leftover from my #1, think I am gonna dispose those and buy new ones..

Jaime (precious)
Boil the pasta til soft and mixed with puree.
Alternatively, boil the pasta till soft, sautee with onion + tomato puree + mushroom but I would recommend this for above 9 mths coz they will have few more teeth to chew better.
This is nicer. Tomato puree can hand made or buy (I bought from coldstorage) tomato puree in canned, no salt no sugar one..

Gd Morning mummies,

2 days din log in.. so many msg!

Dodo,
Exclusive bfg,
I will bf as long as she wants, but think no longer than 2 yrs.
My #2 bf'd for 22mths and switch to fm without problem.

Bean, porky, rc, dodo: ok, maybe I'll start hailey soon. I let her try it once she was munching on the spout. Lol! By the way, we're supposed to giv juice or water thru the cup rite? milk will still b by bottle. Then do we still gif water/juice thru bottle?

Jamie

Er.. u can give water/juice thru bottle too if you want.
The idea of introducing cups is to get them used to drinking to cups so that in future, it is easier. No rush one :p happy trying

Hi mummies, thanks for all the concern. My gal's diarrhoea has stopped jsut 2 days back. Yesterday her poo back to being firm.. faint.. worried that she may get constipation now.. wahha..

Like what SGPV said, PD also said to continue the lactose free milk for 1 more day i.e. today and then tomorrow will introduce back the regular milk for 1 feed to see if everything is ok before gg back totally to her original milk powder.

Piggypig: I still give bb solid (only once in the morning). I gave her brown rice since shes diarrhoeaing previously. Now her poo harden a bit, I am back to alternating between barley cereal and brown rice.

As bb is coming to 7 mths, for the last 3 days, I started giving her porridge with potato in the afternoon. ACtually PD said solid food can stil be continued, just that need to change the formula to lactose intolerance or soy. Piggypig: you may want to try to change the milk powder. Also at the same time you can give your baby smatec(??) (the one for dehydration one) and/or lactoral forte (if your PD ever prescribe to you before). PM me if you want to know more. Easier to talk on phone sometimes.. keke..

Re: Sleeping
I agreed with mummies that training at wee hour is definitely out. I tried abt a mth ago when my gal woke up at 1230mn and I regretted .. cos she was so upset and we ended up rocking her and by then she fell asleep.. its alread close to 2 am!! Worst, we did it on a weekday so next day, like zombie at work.. haha..

I am gg to try Bean's method tonight (today's Friday!!) but mummy Bean, won't your gal cry when you put her down and then walk away.. I am sure mine will.. she now has separation anxiety .. will cry when see me walk away.. faint..

On the other hand, I am also introducing a transitional object (her bolster) and am teaching her how to hold it when sleeping.. so that she can depend on that insteaad of wanting to be carried.

My gal don't have a fixed pattern but she does wake up every now and then. Like last night, she woke up at 1230mn and 530am and we need to rock like 5-10 mins before she continue to sleep until 630am where she will play on her own till we go to her at 7am.

But usually she will wake up at between 5-6 am. On bad days, she can wake up at 12mn, 2 am or 4am!

Thats the reason why I desperately needed to teach her to fall alseep on her own. All the while she sleeps on her cot but in the same room and she can see us. I use a cloth to cover her cot so that she wont wake up looking for me. But she knows how to take it off.. arrghh.. every morning she will wake up at 6 or 630am calling out for me.. and I hve to ignore her till she either cry or till 7am cos thats her feeding time.. I want to quickly teach her to fall asleep on her own so that I can move her back to her room..

Hello mummies...me long time no postin, but read postin everyday.. hahaha...

i got 1 $5 off voucher for mamil stp 2 valid til 31 Dec 09.

pls pm wif ur add,i wil post out tis evening.. tks

Sashimi,
I will dim the lights till very very dim.. cuz its night time.. then hang around for 5 mins sing a song, kiss her goodnight, then slowly creep away when my girl is not noticing.. hahaha
So my method only works for my girl in the night time cuz daytime she will see me walk away and wail! So daytime I still have to pat pat her to sleep. But definitely NO rocking and carrying.

Hi all
sorry to intrude... I have 2X <font color="ff0000">Ultimate Michael Jackson Tribute Concert</font> tickets to let go - $83 per ticket for Tues 15 Dec 2009 at the Singapore Indoor Stadium. These are really goog seats. Unfortunately, hubby and I are unable to go. Please PM me if you are interested, thank you.

Sashimi

I read somewhere that if you put a mirror (the unbreakable type hor) in the cot, your baby wont wake up crying. Dunno how true but can try.

I used to have a hard time making my baby sleep at night. Then I read that babies should be put to sleep between 7-8pm. So starting this week, I rush home and put baby to bed by 8pm. First day she took slightly 1 hour to sleep but now she sleeps within 30 min. All without her usual crying for hours. And I dont have to carry her, rock her which I used to do.

Bean, rc cola: ok thx for the heads up! =D

Lush: bt hw many hrs does ur baby slp for at nite? Then wat if u bring bb out? U'll rush home to put her to bed at 7-8pm?

Mummy, i wont be able to make it to the christmas gathering. so sorry, meet up next time k..

Christmas gathering @ feb_mum's place
1) feb_mum
11) shers + helper + 2 missy shers
13) jling - paid
14) Andrea + bb winston
15)
16) Bean + little bean
17)
18)
19) Poohwei+ baby+ toddler+ hubby+helper (Paid: Transaction No: 2592926952)
20)
21)
22) graceofgod + baby Joelle + Toddler Julian (to be confirmed)
23) Adrienne + 2 helpers + brent + tasha
24) mikojade + helper + nigel

Hi Lush, nmy gal's bedtime also between 7-8pm and I do have a mirror (just happen that I hang a long mirror to cover the window at my bedroom before the arrival of my gal) and my bb cot is just in front of it.. so there is a mirror for my gal to see herself but she still wakes up in the middle of the night.

For bedtime, she usually drinks her milk and usually shes so tired (we didn't let her nap from 4pm onwards) that she'll fall off with a little bit of patting. However durig the day and there rest of the midnight times when shes awake, she will want to be rocked cos she doesnt know how to self soothe.

Now at 3pm, I am letting my gal to learn to sleep on her own. I have just put her on the cot and she started cryng now.. after 30mins. Not sure what I should do now.. heart ache.. arrghh.. not sure if any mummies now checking this thread who can give me some advice??

hi all,
i'm back from bali. below is the most updated attendee list i have including payment. any more changes? i'm placing food orders on tue, so mummies who have not trf $, can you do so by tue 12nn? my posb savings a/c is 189102496. i will be off to bangkok on tue nite so will appreciate no more changes to the list, esp after food ordering is done. tks.

shers - can you inform adrienne? i dun have her hp no.

Christmas gathering @ feb_mum's place
1) feb_mum
11) shers + helper + 2 missy shers - paid
13) jling - paid
14) Andrea + bb winston - paid
15) Bean + little bean
16) Poohwei+ baby+ toddler+ hubby+helper - Paid
17) graceofgod + baby Joelle + Toddler Julian (to be confirmed)
18) Adrienne + 2 helpers + brent + tasha
19) mikojade + helper + nigel

re mirror

the old believe that we cant hang mirror infront of the bed esp when this person is sleeping.
they was saying something abt the soul will get lock in the mirror like this i cant remember. Ever my feng shui shi also advise say nv hang mirror infront of the bed when sleeping..

I agree w yuki Lim, its said that energy will reflect back good or bad. However when wakeup seeing a God or ur own face in mirror is considered good.

Jamie
My bb can sleep for about 11 hours straight. Read that babies will sleep longer if they are put to sleep earlier.

I dunno about going out next time cos I only started putting her to bed by 8pm starting this week. Her bedtime used to be 9.30pm, which is too late for her and caused her to be super cranky and took me some 3-4 hours getting her to sleep.

juju
My baby is on half BM and half FM. It's usually BM at night cos I latch on then.

Sashimi
As a newborn, I used to let my bb cry to sleep in the daytime. There were times she would cry from one sleep cycle to the next, ie. up to 2 hours!! I know.. it's crazy.. I felt I was going crazy too.

However I did it cos I read that it's very effective. Well, I must say at least now my baby can sleep on her own in the daytime without much fuss. She would cry sometimes but only for 5 min max.

But really, pls dont let your baby cry to sleep for so long. It stressed me out so much then. I dunno why I was so persistent back then too.

Maybe you can put her down to sleep before she gets really tired and she wont cry so much.

Ya..I agreed. I must have done it wrongly. Yesterday I let my gal cried for 1 full hour (from crying to screaming) which has never happened before and I felt really really bad. After that we gave up and rock her back to sleep.

She didn't sleep well, only 20mins and wake up crying and feeling upset. She refused to smile at me, only at my helper. I have to talk to her and tell her that mummy will never do anything to hurt her again. Shes a very sensitive bb, she felt abandoned when she cried so hard and yet I didn't go to her.. and when I eventually did, I refused to rock her till she scream so badly that I eventually rock her a bit for her to sleep on my shoulder (she was too tired from crying that within 2mins, shes asleep).

I think I'll not try letting her cry to sleep again cos she already started to have a mind of her own and I really hate to hurt her feelings.

Hopefully she can outgrown this soon.

Dear mummies, like to know how often does MOE change the textbooks for the education system?

Is it once every 3 yrs or something? Just curious to know.

Does anyone has meal schedule to share with me?? For e.g. a list of food to give to your bb on a daily basis??

My gal is exactly 7 mths today, can anyone guide me on how to intro more solid to my gal? When can i replace her milk with solid??

Read everywhere that milk is the main source of food so if giving more solid, wouldn't that affect milk intake.. ?? Haiz.. confuse

Back