(2009/05) May 2009 MTBs

feb_mum, yummy menu! enjoy ur hols in bkk
happy.gif

re: diarrhoea
if poo 3-5 times a day, is that consider diarrhoea? since last weekend, yuan2 poo after every feed... IFC said not diarrhoea -- coz her poo's color is what she ate! she is on full FM now -- prior to this, she poo twice a day...

She is happy n active -- no discomfort when we wash her bum bum... in fact, she likes me to wash her bum bum in the sink -- smile @ the mirror and grabbing things ard the sink *faint*

Hi IloveSashimi,
I agree with bean. you should not feed baby w peanut, peanut butter, cod & shell fish, cow's milk (if got any allergy history in family), soya and honey. And berries in general should not feed before 12month as it is linked to allergy as well. (i read it in a poster in doctor clinic)

for bottom, I use JORUBI aloe vera gel (from guardian) after every diaper change apply. even can apply safely at anal area. I change diaper every 2-4 hrs regardless of full wet or not.

ilovesashimi,

suggest u bring yr girl to see PD.. they will prescribe cream for her which will work miracle. pls do that without delay coz that is causing pain to yr bb.

ilovesashimi, ur bb and ur heart must be feeling so pain...pls bring her to kkh to get the proper cream to apply like wat shers say....when my boy cry until no voice tat time...i dunno how to describe..just hope his blister recover faster..every day very hardworking to clean and apply the cream until he fully recover

my doctor pres fungicort that time and aloe vera. I would put aloe vera in fridge for sometime and apply to her. it is very cooling. she had a very big ring type rash on her bottom and very pain. she stool will scream in pain and it was tough time apply cream.

anyhow aloe vera worked for me and I still continue apply when weather very hot.

ILoveSashimi,
If possible take her to SIngapore baby & children clinic or Kinder CLinic. Most of the doctors their are very good. Can close eye and choose a doctor. (My preferance is Dr. Velan, Dr. SHiva, Dr. Terence, Dr. Koh)

anyone experiencing stranger anxiety in baby? my gal see my friend 10days ago was fine. yday met her again and she scream at her top of the pitch.. very scary.

sgpv,
my boy oso will scream/cry when some strangers "talk" to him... but it more like depend on the mood... sometime, the same stranger eg his auntie will get cry or smile fr him..

Actually her PD did prescribe a steriod cream (he said very low in steroid content) for my gal which can only be applied twice a day. Each time apply, it seems ok for like 2-3 hrs then poo came back again.

K tomorrow morning i will see if its still bad.. someone recommended Drapolene which I just used it tonight. If rash still there, i will bring her to SBCC. Previously I saw this dr (cant remember the name) for bb's cough and turn out to be I was too paraniod +> stop all the med that my current PD prescribe and viola, she recovers..

Yes, my heart ache and I almost cried this morning. This morning she cried so badly cos she was in pain that she woke up from her sleep crying and screaming away. I felt so helpless cos theres nothing I can do to make her feel better.

BTW my gal din poo today which I'm quite glad.. at least her anus can rest. BUt on the other hand, am worried that she may be constipated... super dilemma right..

As for cod fish, I've alredy introduce 2nd day (oh no)and if assuming shes ok with it, I suppose can continue?? Strange that my doc says its ok. Actally my gf also give threadfin and cod fish. Cos I cant think of what else to add to her porridge if I dun give fish..

Re Stranger anxiety
Yes my gal started havig this pretty early like when shes in her 4-5th mth. She gets upset if my gf show too much enthusiasm. Must slowly warm up to my gal before she allows anyone to touch or carry her.

I realise if my gf ask for permission or at least talk to my gal, it will be ok. Of course I must keep assuring her that its ok for auntie so and so to carry etc..

Over the time shes gettng better in accepting strangers now. Recently I brought my gal for ex-colleague gathering and she allowed most of them to carry her esp if they "ask" her for permission.
happy.gif

However i have a neighbour opp my unit (old auntie) who is actually very friendly.. just that she looked a bit fierce and speaks loudly.. my gal always cry when seeing her.

I feel that even if your bb cry, dun immediately carry him/ her away or purposely "shield" him or her from the auntie/ uncle. Instead assured ur bb that its ok and just continue to let ur bb "expose" to strangers.

My gal is quite chubby so each time we went out, ppl tend to play or touch her so in a way she also slowly got used to it.. haha..

Hi Pinky, wrt to teething, it really depends. Like for my gal, theres no symptoms or I didnt realise it till 1 fine day, all of a sudden we realise her gum has something hard esp when she bite the spoon when we feeding her cereal.

She didnt drool or have much urge to bite.. maybe becos we often stop her frm biting her hand. She has been putting her hands into her mouth snce she was 2.5 mths old and I didn't like that habit. She had her 1st diarrhoea on her 3rd mth so ever since then, we have been very careful not to let her put anythig inside her mouth- but of couse we can't stop 100%.

However ever since she had 2 lower teeth, I'll sometimes lax a bit and let her suck her finger.. keke.. cos everyone telling me "how cruel" of me not to let her bite any teething toy or hand. Actually she didnt really like her teething toy much.. she prefers her fingers.

Hope tis helps.

Does anyone knows when will the next set of teeth come out after the 1st set is out?? I read somewhere that the next set would be 2 upper teeth.

sgpv,

let the bb warm up abit lst.
my pd told me tat bb start with anxienty on 7-9mths

as they grow older...they sense more...

thanks all for replies
happy.gif

Its been long I took her out. Will try out today to take her around the block.

btw anyone going gimmil sale tom? Is it ok to bring baby there? will it be too crowded.
Cannot leave maid and baby at home. plan to go around 2-4pm

adv, sure. but i guess nothing much for boy boy leh...

ling, mayb can check with lovell the way..since she stay super near there..

im going tomorrow. Perhaps in late morning. Anyone to meet at Tanah Merah MRT? Look at the map to that area and Tanah Merah MRT seems the closest.

ling,
not ulu at all. turn in @ safra tampines & jus follow the road, turn right @ T-junction. gimmill building is right after ABR (Swensen's) building.

muffintop,
17-19 dec, 9am - 8pm
gimmill building
43 tampines st 92
$3-$12 per pc
cash payment only

Sk,
tanah merah distance is near by linear. by driving road, tampines or simei better.

ling,
he shld noe la, esp if u take cab frm tampines

bean,
i mean turn right when inside the industrial area. actually jus follow the arrows on the road can liao. be alert once u see big blue building on ur left (abr/swensen's) & coffeeshop on ur right

Re: Gimmil sale

me gg too... when ah? this fri... any1 gt the exact address? pai sei me recently v bz.. long time din log in liao... :)

saw tat u guys r gg for the xmas gathering... all mummies n bbs enjoy...! mus take pix n post in fb k... :)

ju, wah, u v familiar with the place leh
happy.gif

i hv printed out the map -- will be GPS for hubby while he drives... on map, the place looks ulu *haha*

re: discipline
can we discipline baby now? will he/she understand?

last nite, yuan2 crawled towards the power socket and raise her hand to touch it -- hubby was watching her and smuak her hand and tell her it is dangerous... but she still bring her hand up after each smuak!

after numerous smuak, she turned away and crawl to explore other parts of the living rm... then she was back at the power socket -- she saw hubby with his raised hand and din raise her hand to touch the socket...

hmmm, dunno whether she learnt her lesson... will see whether she repeat her act tonite...

seems like alot of u r going to gimmil sales tml.. i'm still thinking of going on sat.. not sure whether worth it to take leave to go ornot..

Adv

In my personal opinion, they dun understand smacking yet. But they do understand that u are angry if you raise your voice.

For my boy, whenever hubby said loudly “Papa MA! (papa scold)” he cried immediately. That also applies when my mil scolds him, he will cry immediately. But when I said “Mama MA!~’” he gives me the broadest smile, dunno y. Tho when I was raising my voice and scolding jie jie, he will cry too. I guess smacking don’t work for such a young age. For my girl, the more I smacked her the more she hit ppl, so I tried not to smack unless necessary. Kids are like “ monkey see monkey do “. So we must use this way: “DO AS I DO and not DO AS I SAY”

adv,
hee... i used to work ard dat area
happy.gif

as long as u manage to turn into the small street @ safra tampines, the rest of the driving to gimmill building will be easy.

re: discipline
so far, scolding or smacking my gal dun realli work. but it does stop her in her tracks cos i'm talking to her.

hi ladies,

sorry to intrude.
have a good lobang here. need to confirm fast. please pm/sms 90011 110 me if interested.

rainbow hydrocleaner E2 (latest model)
usual price $3424 now $2800
only 3 sets available
8 yrs warranty and full accessories with receipt
there will be 1 person to give 1 hr demo - teach u & yr maid.
$30 per lesson if u forgot in future

it is very good vacuum cleaner. can effectively clean the bed/bolster/floors/cars. able to vacuum the mites n dust very effectively. good investment if you have kids at home and worry abt their health.

please see this link for ppl's comments.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/cgi-bin/forumboard/discus.cgi?pg=next&topic=353635&page=664820

Back