(2009/05) May 2009 MTBs

tiny_m,
i'm delaying feeding of porridge till ard 7.5mths where meat will be introduced. right now, i will concentrate on feeding her cereal, fruits and vege 1st..
is avocado very creamy and yucky? i'm thinking whether shld i let shermay try?
fireflies, shermay has this problem also.. after each feeding, the sides of her mouth will have red patches.. this is not food allergy.. this is more to rashes.. but after every meal, we wipe clean her with water. i'm thinking whether is it due to her saliva and grabbing things in her mouth that might consitute to it.

good day mummies !

wow, today time pass very fast wor...come to office and check email and some stuff...now alrdy missed lunch time..

tinym, i succeeded in feeding jaeden cereal during weekend too ! so happy ! i "tie" him on highchair and he guai guai sit there waiting for his lunch...but i was a bit slow lah so end up he cranky a bit...no one was at home, so i had an enjoyable time feeding him and he finished all up in 10mins ! luckily mil is not in else i dont think i can feed in peace...

btw, i bgt the Graco contempro highchair..i like it a lot loh...is in pvc very easy to wipe aft each feed..6 adjustable height, 5 point harness, with castors, adjustable backrest and removable tray. u can see my pic in fb..hehe

mummies, is it baby dont like apples tat are sour ah ?? i feed jaeden apple on sun...he pui out then i try it...is sour ! so i chop into tiny pcs and add into his cereal..he swallow all...think next time i must try the apple first..

re : fm
thanks qin_yi for exchanging her similac with my mamil gold..

so now i only left with Nan 2 HA and Nan 2 Pro (waiting to exchange with 3wkold)

Hi Tiny M,

Thanks for the advice! I shall give it a try! You are so fortunate to have yr mum & dad helping you with preparing baby food.

shers, thanks
happy.gif
will drop by ikea to get it..

oh, m eyeing this, too
http://www.ikea.com.sg/catalog/product_display.asp?art=00130407-1057-9-37-985564947-48071360
-- the plate comes with suction ring

re: sunscreen for baby
any mummies used California Baby® Natural Bug Blend™ SPF 30+ Sunscreen Lotion for their baby? is it sticky after apply on baby?

adv sports..
the chair is sgd 25, tray is sgd 4. total sgd 29. it has a cushion which is sold separately, can u help me find out if its back in stock if u are at ikea n how much. coz i went last week OOS. i wanna buy the cushion padding as well.

i didnt know its so cheap coz i bought second hand for SGD 15 for chair n tray. so silly of me.

jaime, thanks for the info... which ikea did u go? i will probably go to ikea tampines... if black is in stock, will sms u the price...

thanks bean and shers for sharing ur porridge feeding experience! I think my mum is trying with ikan bilis porridge today. if she still dun like it, will delay till she's 7 months..

shers: avocado is good! if too thick can add in a bit of breastmilk! my girl likes it! yummy!

porky: i think babies dun like sour apples. we always make sure that that batch of apples is sweet before giving her. now i'm like shers, test-eat all the the food before giving my baby.. hahaha..

adv_sports: I'm eyeing the feeding set too! it's so cute!!! Think need to make a trip to ikea this weekend!

thanks jaime for the info on the tray and cushion! need to keep a lookout for them!

Hi,
Avocado,
Ask mil to feed Hui Xin today.. tonight will ask her what's her reaction!

High Chair,
We using Ikea white one too.. but without the seat belt!

i also started my boy on baby yoplait yogurt!!
its taste quite nice...
but he gave me the trembling look coz its cold..
happy.gif
but manage to finish in 2 rounds.

esp if milk intake is low, need more calcium

i wanna intro cheese..when can i start n what type?

jamie, tiny_m, adv sports,
am thinking of getting the sack and seat for high chair so that shermay will not go forward.. from kidzloft..

hi, everyone seems to be doing well in feeding baby solid. Somehow my boy doesn't seems to like, first few mouth is ok after awhile he will put my spoon away. Today is the fourth day and he still cannot finish 2 tablespoon of cereal with ebm. How huh?

adv_sports,
can let me know the price for cushion as well.
din know there is cushion for ikea high chair.

cos high chair given by my fren.

jaime,
ya.. u r right.. its just a passing phase.. but this phase seems so long.. whahhaa..

gie,
some bbs need longer time to adapt to new food.. u have given 2 tbsp, its good enough.. dont rush him.. slowly..

Hi, tiny M and poohwei,

thanks for the info. Anyone using nestle rice cereal? there is no stage 1, except the brown rice. is brown rice heaty for baby?

tiny m,
can start to feed ikan bilis now? i asked my mama last nite when can start feeding.. she says after 7mths.. then ask for meat puree, she says after 8mths better.. dont know whats the diff between 6mths till 7mths and 7mths till 8mths.. hahhaa..
i tot after 6mths can start semi solid means almost everything can eat except shell food..

shers mama very knowledgeable coz my mummy not very sure of most things...

my own understanding: can make ikan bilis stock porridge already after 6 month. after a few times, if ok, can add red dates.

apparently can make babies have rosy cheeks after adding red dates. per chinese baby recipe book, red dates can start from 5 months onwards.

its just the grinded ikan bilis that i am a bit skeptical due to high sodium content.

i bought parsnips (aust) from ntuc yesterday..wanna try today coz running out of vege. any one try before? think will just ask my mum to treat it the same way as carrot since looks like carrot minus the orange.

jaime,
my mama can be quite particular and chim chye.. made me very confused! she says end of this mth then she will start buying and preparing ikan bilis to put in porridge. i know ikan bilis is very rich in calcium.. as for sodium, i think if u diy, shld be quite ok.. coz will wash alot of times before drying and blend. for those off the shelf, i think its equally good but maybe the washing part, not as good and detail..

u enjoying doing puree? hehehe.. from thursday onwards, i will be doing puree daily! hehhee.. coz we r moving back to our own place permanently! i started doing some puree for daily consumption.. still dont like the idea of freezing of food though method is the same as freezing bm.. hahhaa
have u try spinach? brocoli?
how abt avocado? i hope to try this out one day when i pluck my courage to eat avocado! coz i need to be test eat the food b4 giving to my lil one

Gie: Dun give up! Must be firm when feeding baby! See ur baby's pattern also, like my girl wants her food fast so must quickly feed. U cna prob give ur biy fruits to suck on first to let him get used to other tastes.

hayoki: I fed my baby Nestle brown rice sample pack once. Smells v yummy! Think brown rice is ok if u make sure baby drinks water after that. Usually after feeding, we'll add water to her rice cereal or i'll latch her so she can get some liquid..

shers: my mum told me she fed ikan bilis yesterday! She dried the ikan bilis, fry it (without oil), grind it till like powder form then add into the rice cereal and just feed like that. Le Xuan took it leh.. my mum said v good cos got calcium.. as for meat, my PD said can eat pork liao leh.. only fish, she said delay till 7 months or so..

jaime: ikan bilis high in sodium ah? maybe i'll tell my mum not to feed too much.. i like the cushion padding! will go search ikea for it!

tiny_m,
bb shld love the ikan bilis because its so sweet when added in porridge. no need to worry abt sodium because yr mum diy.. so she will wash quite thoroughly.. ya lor.. my mama also says very rich in calcium, good to have it..
ya.. i read up.. saying can eat pork already.. as in puree type la.. but my mama asks me not to.. wait till after 8 mths.. let shermay gets used to 1 favour at a time.. meaning, now is fruits and vege, cereal and plain porridge.. then ikan bilis, then pork.. fish to delay is because of mercury? same as our preggie stage - eat every 2-3 times per week is sufficient? then alternate with vege and meat right? u can ask yr mum to alternate vege, meat, ikan bilis and fish..
i hope i rem these correctly..
weaning is so fun! hahhaa..
and feeding them new favour is even more fun!

last week, i made pumpkin puree for shermay, she loves it to bits.. added into her fruit cereal.. she finished all and wanted more..

Shers,
Ikea sell a kind of padding for the high chair.. no backing. will take pix tonite to show!

Intro meat.. I think it's after 8mth.

Avocado,
Hui Xin took 2 spoon, then reject y'day.. mil said maybe still too hard, so I ask her to steam it today.

Jaime,
Ikan Billies,
you can wash them few times to remove the salt.. then pan fry to make them dry (some pple sun tan them) then grind them into powder and store into fridge.

joyce,
i know what ikea sells for the high chair cushion.. i dont really like those.. i prefer what jaime posted.. got back and bum padding.. so comfy

Good morning mummies

Re: Ikan bilis

For my #1, I bought silver anchovies from giant, just need to wash and rinse, bake in oven and blend into powder. It's tastless and not salty, can start if the baby is on porridge from 5 months onwards. For my little boy, he's now on half bowl 2 HT cereal meals a day, will start the ikan bilis when he's ready for porridge, probably in Dec.

hi mummies...

anyone got any gd maid agency to recommend? dying soon la...so tiring to be working mum and look aft kaiden...weekend wana rest also cant...

pls gimme some info also...cuz i totally newbie in getting a maid...

Adv

Carrot + broccoli, does it taste good? Oh my boy loves the carrot + potato hahaha.. maybe I try sweet potato + broccoli next week hehe..
Keep experimenting :p
U got new puree recipe let me know k hehehe..

I have the leftover of banana boat sunscreen for kids, perhaps will use again during my month-end trip.. I am so looking forward to it! Haha.. I am yearning to see the two babes to get peachy color cheek after long day under the sun hehehe!

Shers
Ya pumpkin puree is nice.. but like wat u say better not feed too often. So I guess I will only be giving him the 4 days pumpkin puree once a month..

Yo.. yesterday I have confirmed with my superior that I am gonna work til end of Jan only :p very looking forward to it as well hahaa..

joyce,
this is what i'm thinking of getting.. but this cannot fit all the chair! so i'm not getting already..

there is another seat where u can just clip to all chairs and can take it along! saw it once at cofy shop! so convenient and easy.. but again, one more thing to take along when going out! think its available at KP..

cola,
ya.. i only feed shermay for 1 meal.. dont wan to feed too much 'yellow' food..
sweet potato if buy purple 1, consider 'yellow' food? whahhaa..
i bought another gadget le.. whahhaa... for steaming, blending, defrost, storage.. all in 1.. hhahaa.. i'm so excited! so i dont need to prepare puree in a big batch.. can prepare daily..
for broccoli, when soak in water to wash, rem to sprinkle some salt so that worms will come out on themselves.. then rinse again.. same goes for leafy vege..

Shers
Thanks for the tips, dun think I ever used salt to wash vege haha.. coz in my opinion, once steams, the things will be cooked, and if the worms are inside sure die liao hahaha.. but so far I have never seen worms on broccoli that we bought..

Sweet potato (purplish) is not considered yellow, it’s light greenish.. category of yellow food: mango, carrot, Pumpkin, papaya..
Banana is also not considered yellow food :p

What did u buy.. so far I only bought one handheld blender..

JasC

Yeah, but we don’t join.. just wondering, are u a member? :p
The person presenting to us is very realistic lor, after we say this does not fit into our lifestyle, wow his attitude changed 180 degree..

cola

So do you managed to win the robinson voucher? I'm not a member, very keen but I didn't travel for the past 10 years so I don't need this.

JasC

Yup, I got the voucher.. but I am not impressed by the presentation coz it’s like risk pooling, to put upfront like 50K.. and it’s for holiday?!?!? I dun mind to put that money if my hubby is earning millions and millions per year.. hahahah.. I think they should target those lawyer, doctor, who is earning a lot and have extra money to dump there hahaha.. (my opinion only, no offence to anyone!) Doesn’t make sense to us.. tho we travel quite a fair bit, but then the package only takes care of accommodation, then how about flight tickets etc which I think it is more important rather than accommodation..

joyce,
i saw that also.. but seems better on trolley.. hahaha.. i wan to get something comforty for high chair coz will use for quite sometimes.. till ard 3yrs.. Shermin is still sitting on high chair now..

cola,
my hb who is a better cook than me, says that salt will 'lead' worms out from the leafy vege and broccoli.. aiyo... once steamed or cooked means worms kill and will end up in stomach le.. hahhaa.. also will get rid of soil..
i buy babycook.. whahhaha... after this wed, my helper will be alone taking care of 2 girls.. so give me an excuse to buy this! i tell my hb that my helper no time to prepare shermay's food.. so with this, much easier.. whahhaa.. so he agreed and paid..

Cola
I attended to get the vouchers only
happy.gif
$50K? So expensive! Previously was about $15K! I won't put the money with them either.

So you can go shopping now!

JasC

Haha.. actually I think they counted on the travel pattern that u made previously (like what the financial planner always does)..
Anway, it really doesn’t fit our lifestyle.

Haha.. I dunno wat to buy actually :p

baby yogurt,
cold storage is having promotion for baby yogurt (6mths and above).. buy 2 for the price of 1.. if any mums wan to start feeding yr bb this! bb who loves sour stuff (Jayden) and who reject milk.. a form of calcium also!

morning mummies !

cheyanne, good tat ur boy can drink apple juice...my boy dont like leh...is like i force him to drink poison..in the end i drink all myself..sign..i gg to buy ribena and add with water for him to try this weekend..

tinym/adv, i also eyeing the feeding set ! cheap and cute ! hb say next week send me to ikea to get..wahahaha

gie, like tinym say..dont give up ! i failed the 1st time i give jaeden cereal..but 2nd try, he finish it all within 10mins..such a breeze to feed him tat day..i think sometimes also depend on their mood lah

Hi mummies,
I'm a May mummies as well. my girl born on 20 May. Can i check whether any mummies have apply for bb passport online. How do you resize the photos to 60 kbytes. thank u...

Back