(2009/05) May 2009 MTBs

JRT - Yes, am taking that diploma you mentioned with Learning Capital. Will be attached to either Learning Vision or Patschhouse for practicum... u took that course before? is it tough? Am already given 1st assignment today, due in early nov. can you believe how kwa zhang? they are trying to get it done in 5mths so that's why it is RUSH RUSH RUSH!

May - Where is SK hospital? Are u seeing Prof SK Tay in SGH as well? He is also my gynae and he delivered my gal as well who is turning 16mths tomorrow so our 1st one is pretty close
happy.gif

SK - My #1 came out 2 days earlier nia so not necessary 1st one will come out 2 weeks earlier but old wives tales that i heard is they say normally boys come out earlier but i dun tink so leh..

Latest Update. Do let me know if i missed out your details or made any mistake k?

<table border=1><tr><td>Nickname</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>Gynae </TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>No of pregnancy</TD><TD>Gender of current child</TD><TD>Age</TD><TD>Stay in </TD></TR><TR><TD>Vera</TD><TD>1-May-09</TD><TD>Dr WK Tan</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Jurong West </TD></TR><TR><TD>Xue</TD><TD>1-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>14 mths</TD><TD>Boon Keng </TD></TR><TR><TD>Baby_May_09</TD><TD>4-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Lim Teck Chye</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Punggol </TD></TR><TR><TD>Bean</TD><TD>6-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Heng Tung Lan </TD><TD>Eastshore</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Tampines </TD></TR><TR><TD>andrina_gina</TD><TD>6-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Cheng JP</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>3</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Toa Payoh </TD></TR><TR><TD>JRTlover</TD><TD>7-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Don Wong</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Woodlands </TD></TR><TR><TD>daec</TD><TD>7-May-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>14mths</TD><TD>East </TD></TR><TR><TD>rc_cola</TD><TD>7-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Ben Neo </TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>13 mths</TD><TD>Delta Ave </TD></TR><TR><TD>Piggy_Cow</TD><TD>8-May-09</TD><TD>A/Prof Tay Sun Kuie</TD><TD>SGH</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>16mths</TD><TD>Punggol </TD></TR><TR><TD>JEN</TD><TD>9-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>20 mths</TD><TD>Woodlands </TD></TR><TR><TD>Ah_bunny</TD><TD>9-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Henry Cheng</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>3.5 yrs old, 10 mths</TD><TD>Bishan </TD></TR><TR><TD>915</TD><TD>10-May-09</TD><TD>Dr TC Chang</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>15 mths</TD><TD>AMK </TD></TR><TR><TD>Sue</TD><TD>12-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Khi</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Punggol </TD></TR><TR><TD>laatzy</TD><TD>14-May-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>9 mths</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>adv_sports</TD><TD>16-May-09</TD><TD>Dr SF Loh</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Jurong West </TD></TR><TR><TD>WL</TD><TD>16-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Lee CW</TD><TD>Mt A</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>14 mths</TD><TD>Clementi </TD></TR><TR><TD>Joyce Yong</TD><TD>16-May-09</TD><TD>Dr Paul Tseng</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>6, 3 yrs old</TD><TD>Yishun </TD></TR><TR><TD>SK</TD><TD>19-May-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Jurong West </TD></TR><TR><TD>Cutie</TD><TD>20-May-09</TD><TD>Dr LC Foong</TD><TD>Gleneagles</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Clementi </TD></TR><TR><TD>May</TD><TD>29-May-09</TD><TD>Prof Tay</TD><TD>SK</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>M</TD><TD>15 mths</TD><TD>Buangkok </TD></TR><TR><TD>Tiny_M</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>-</TD><TD>Kovan </TD></TR><TR><TD>baby512angel</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Tan Kim Teng</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>2</TD><TD></TD><TD>2 yrs old</TD><TD>Jurong </TD></TR><TR><TD>liewb</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr Kek Lee Phin</TD><TD>Mt E</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>M </TD><TD>7 mths</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>Poohwei</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>Dr LN Sim</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>F</TD><TD>12 mths</TD><TD>Redhill </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

Piggy_Cow,

Wow... really crash course! Please take care wor!
happy.gif
I just finished a test today and one more grp presentation and another test to go next week... I am stressed up too.
crazy.gif
My course will finish next year April, will finish the final exams before I pop! haha... Nice timing!

Morning ladies..

lee sp - congrats.. like what the others say, its ok, as long as no red discharge..

RE: Yoga - Count me in too, I am interested too.. so we can go only after 12wks?

Tiny M - I also wearing my pre-pregnancy clothes, except they getting tighter.. I did start shopping for some bigger size tops but never wear them yet.. but i think need to wear them soon liao..

Hi SK,

My #1 came out on EDD at the timing that i was supposed to meet my gynae if i never deliver.

Strange enough, my #1 seems to be able to understand what i tell her. Case 1: Before her birth, i told her to come out by EDD so that mummy need not pay for the additional visit. It came true.

Case 2: I told her the mummy hopes to be tested +ve and be able to meet the gynae on her birthday. True enough, i was tested one week before my #1 bdae and arranged for a visit on her bdae to the gynae's clinic.

Morning ladies!

Thanks Piggy_Cow for the update! It must be tough handling studies and the pregnancy! Sounds like an intensive course to me!

Poohwei: Wow.. Ur daughter very guai leh.. I must talk to my BB and make sure he/she listens to me also.. hee hee..

Tmr is holiday! I have to go shopping for clothes! Even my low waist jeans feels tight! Cham liao! And i'll definitely put on more and more weight cos i'm permenantly hungry! urggh...

morning mummies...

Piggy_Cow, thanks for the update...

Clothings: i dun intend to buy 1st, wana wait till over 12th wks then go buy, although nw my tops oso abit tight, but...last nite got nightmare. so, think i will my best to squeeze into current tops &amp; go buy aft baby is stable...

paiseh all.. typed wrongly.. its SGH... oh.. piggycow! u also having him as ur gynae? he's really nice hor?!

<font face="Comic Sans MS,Tahoma"> hi mikiko !
congratz !! hahaa..so gd to see 2 mummies from the same yr and mth for #1. =)

hi all,
again... brown discharge... really hope all this end real soon... getting kinda worried.. =(</font>.

good morning ladies!

congrats to all new MTBs
happy.gif

re: weight gain
arhhh, then i m also fat lor... tummy getting bigger that i can barely fit into my pants &amp; skirts! hubby also like to rub on my tummy.. haha...

re: scan
i got a shock when my gynae did vaginal scan for me on my first visit! thot tv drama showed scan via tummy...haha... hope the subsequent visit will be scan via tummy (next visit, i will be 10.5wk -- can't wait!)

re: nightmare
WL, relax and stay happy &amp; positive
happy.gif
my SIL had nightmare during her early pregnancy -- with support of family and friends, her pregnancy stablised and she is now abt 4mth
happy.gif
so go out and do things that you enjoy with your family and friends
happy.gif
jia you!

re: MS
any MTB experience worse MS? my MS is getting really bad... barely could eat dinner -- hubby cooked and make special effort to "display" the food nicely for me but i simply no appetite
sad.gif
took the MS medicine and slept thru the whole night! when will this be over??!!

<font face="Comic Sans MS,Tahoma"> adv_sports,
my MS actually getting better. thou still feels nausea, bt not so strong.. mayb ur MS will ends during the 3rd mth.. =) jia you! </font>.

Hi tiny_m,
Last nite visited Dr Adrian Woodworth @ cck. i also kana vaginal scan as he couldn't detect anything from the tummy scan. Only managed to see an air sac about 1.4cm in diameter. EDD is on 26 May 2009.
Being schedule next mon to follow up again.
Given duphaston, folic acid and prenavit.

yoyo xue_ni are u better??? ur bb really look so cute!!!! wooohooo!!! can be a poster boy liao!

timy_m, jrt_lover, poohwei:
Wah lau we can start teachers club here liao!! actually me and hubby are both teachers. he teaches in a boys school and I'm teaching in girls' school. but ive just resigned and thursday will be my last day. will still be in education industry but will be working in an uni....i really feel that altho we are in the civil service and pro family life is being promoted however, there is no such thing in real life. When I was in MOE HQ, i really know what is work life balance cos i enjoyed my real 1 hr lunch time and weekends off. my word of advice, bring some biscuits in to class if u have a stretch of 4-5 periods. don't let your bb or urself suffer and go hungry. there was one hod in my school who insisted on having meeting immediately after school and a poor pregnant teacher was so hungry, when she asked to go and grab a bite, the hod actually told her that she herself havent taken lunch too so y should she eat? take gd care of yourselves before taking care of other things yeah?

joyce yong, the individual renting for maternity exchange is really ex.... can cost around 100 over per pc but shld u take the package, its really irregardless of the cost of individual pcs. so can take the more expensive ones hehehehe... not promoting for them but juse becos i very hiao like to wear nice clothes la and somemore during my 1st and 2nd pregnancy i really din buy much clothes therefore rental is the best for me. btw, u having 3rd child too?? hi-5!! me too... but very scared can't cope lei.... dont have maid and i'm staying with in laws thank God my mother is still in her 40s she can still help me a bit. how about u??

BELLA BAND: joyce,I've seen the bella band before at maternity exchange and was really tempted to buy but was quite ex... there's actually another alternative and that could be bought at mothercare. it costs around $30 for a set of 4 and its called belly belt. comes in a pack of 3 colors. i bought it and really found it useful as i use it on my levis jeans and g2000 pants... even some skirts with hooks also can use.

Jen bibi and joyce Im also very interested in buying online maternity clothes but I've yet to purchase online before. do count me in if u guys are planning for a spree yeah?

piggy cow:jia you jia you!!! believe and dare to achieve!!

stretchmark cream: a word of advise ladies, pls apply stretchmark cream now... cos according to my experience, the 1st child i yaya papaya thought that my skin was quite gd and since i din see any stretchmark so dun need to apply. however, as i entered my 2nd tri the stretchmark started to sprout like nobody's business. my mommy laughed at me and till my 2nd preg it was still quite purplish..... now, i diligently put on cream for 2x a day.... currently using Mothercare extra intensive stretchmark lotion. its quite gd and cheaper.... think there are many other gd brands around like clarins... my gynae say really cheap and good one is to buy olive oil. try it! we will all be happy, pretty and confident mummies together!!

Andrina,

I have a helper at home, currently 2 kids are attending full day childcare, they are in k2 &amp; N2, so next year when bb coms, 1 will be in P1, so, maid will take care of bb and No1. My mil will come over to help to oversee everything just like the 1st 2.

Thanks for the info on bella band, will go mothercare take a look.. then at least those clothes that I bought recently can still be worn.

<font face="Comic Sans MS,Tahoma"> andrina,
thanks. feeling better. think of the positive side. =) am trying not to overwork or overstress myself.

Stretchmark :
I've heard it depends on whether ur mum hv it anot.. If your mum hv it, most probably you'll get it too. But in some cases, my friend's mum don not hv stretchmark bt she hv it. Depends on luck maybe...</font>.

oic... at least urs the age gap is better. my eldest will be in n2 next year and 2nd ger will be in n1.... sigh... and worse, the childcare is going to close next dec... still looking for 1 in tpy now...

do go and take a look. if i can, i'll take a pic for you to see later.

xue, yeah it really depends. my mummy dun have anything at all!!!!!!!!!!!!! but to play safe really must take precaution before it happens haha..

btw, any mummies had c section w epi before? how is it like cos i hav to go thru c section again and i am still deciding which to take... ga or epi....

hi mikiko,
world so small...kekeke... i reached there about 6.40pm then the nurse said need to wait for half hour. so i went to makan first then wait again. seems that i blurr blurr go in and blurr blurr come out, especially Dr Adrian talked so fast. seems that i dun have time to think much and i'm out of his room liao.

me lor. i had c-sec w epi for #1 due to breech. im hoping tt this time i can try natural. hehe.</font>.

RE: Stretchmark - do we have to use those specially for stretchmark or just normal moisturizer is ok? so we apply on the tummy only?

Hi xue, cal ur gynae to check wif him c if is ok anot la...for mi, i m K.S type, if like tat, i will cal back &amp; ask. ur son is veri cute...
happy.gif

adv_sports, i actually nv think of it liao. but dunoe y juz dream of it...anyway, thanks for ur encouragement..

Re: Stretchmark.

Gynae was also commenting that i was so lucky that there wasn't much stretchmark. Who knows during the last few weeks, the stretchmarks came out. Now i m going to apply the cream faithfully from 12 weeks onwards. Not gonna take any chance. I am using the Elancyl cream (Green tube type.)

<font face="Comic Sans MS,Tahoma"> WL,
i had called gynae on sun. she said if stopped then its ok. if not must see her immed lor...

Vera,
there's 2 types i know meant for stretchmark. 1 is cocoa butter cream and the other is aloe vera.... </font>.

xue, after op did u have any side effects?? tis jun/jul i just went for a hemmoeroids op at mt a... diff anaesthetist from my previous c sect then i vomit and shiver a lot...very scared later like that again... also heard from a fren that will hear the vacuum sound as they gush out the water from tummy true??? hahah my mummy keep scaring me with all sorts of horror stories but considering to try epi cos i really want to bf immediately when i can...

stretchmark... think any kind of moisturizer in the first mth and 2nd is ok but when ur tummy starts to grow bigger then its better to buy a specific one for stretchmark prevention.i like cocoa butter cos the smell is very smoothing but din work for me. until my fren gave me a bottle of clarins one, then it seemed to have effect. but too ex... a bottle costs around 50-69. the one i'm currently using is mothercare intensive. $19.90. so far so gd maybe bcos i ks every free period i'll go and apply in the toilet hahaha

Xue,

In order to do VBAC (Virginal Birth After C), you really need a very supportive O&amp;G, some gynae will tell u things like.. the chance of whatever rapture is higher..the waiting time is shorter incase this happen.. blar blar blar..

I had a friend, her 1st was Breach, wanted to do VB for 2nd, her gynae told her that, I helpe her consult my doc abt this. She is confident and switch gynae at wk 36 to Dr Paul Tseng. She was successful to have a VBAC for 2nd birth.

Good luck for successful VABC.

Xue,but juz nw u say brown discharge again, then u dun wan go back c her or give her a cal again? play safe mah...

vera, i used those for stretchmark 1 during my #1..4gether the brand already. but hor, heard frm my friend, cocoa butter smell is nt veri nice. so, u may wan try the smell b4 u buy...

Ladies,
so busy today coz half day.
I will go off to genting in the afternoon flight!

Everyone, enjoy your holiday!

Ta ta..

wah joyce....i'm so proud of u!!! hope i can be like u but hubby very pro c section cos he say he dun want to see me go through all the pain and scold him hahaa... but really if i have the chance, i'll try to deliver naturally too but becos of me being a thalaessemia patient and pelvic bone too small, i cant go thro normal delivery....sigh

Afternoon MTBs,

Hi rc_cola, enjoy your trip to Genting.

Hi Joyce, I will be interested to read your birth story. Thanks for sharing.

Hi WL, try to stay positive and happy.

Hi Xue, your son very cute.

andrina,

some says VB, pain is only that moment, while, C-sec, pain last 2 to 3 days.. altogether: same pain!

I think nothing to do with the structure of pelvic bone as it will expand when the time comes..

I attended Ginny's class to learn these.. just one lesson during my 2nd pregnancy.

My 1st was horrible. Labour takes abt 20hrs..&amp; without food
sad.gif

i shivered terribly after my op. But no vomiting. vacumm sound?? I din heard tt during my op. haha.. Thou i had epi, i can feel ppl tugging and pulling my lower body. hahaa.. at least my hb is with me.

Joyce,
I had told my gynae abt VBAC. She's quite supportive and said I might hv the chance to go natural if everything is gng well. =)

WL,
i just went washrm and check. It had stopped. What I can do now is try not to move so much and rest whenever i can...</font>.

Re: Stretch marks
I am now using normal moisturiser daily. Anyone know where we can get the olive oil?

Re: pre-natal yoga
I am also interested in joining. I have gym membership currently, but only goes once a week or alternate week as I can only go swimming and do cycling or walking now (so only do 20mins to half hour each visit). I will stop my gym membership during my 2nd trimester and go for pre-natal yoga.

Re: weight gain
I can barely squeeze into my pants and skirt now. I went shopping for maternity pants last Sunday, the shop owner says that I must be 4/5 months pregnant. I say not yet and he says then must be 3 months cause I look obviously pregnant from the side - faint. I only 2 months pregnant wor, so sad. I think must be because I keep eating non stop.

Adv sports,

My MS, in fact it should be called whole day sickness, is getting worse too! Gosh, I feel like puking the whole day. Yesterday was worse lah, I felt terrible and started sobbing in the shower room. Surprisingly, after crying my MS was gone and I slept well throughout the night. haha.

I hope my MS will be over soon!!!!

Re: vaginal scan
can advise how does the gynae does it? insert something inside to scan? or the same method as they scan the tummy?

Re: stretch marks
i better go and buy the cream now..

Piggy Cow:
My current child: No1=girl, No2=Boy

Why want a 3rd since they have formed '好'? hmmm, hubby wants more kids.. but this will definately be last. I have compromised 1 more! ;)

BabyMay:
My pantry lady already commented my backside changed way before I confirm my pg status!
I used to walk while taking deep breath, so that my tummy would be protruding. Since now I have announced my pg status, I don't care anymore.. just let myself look pg.

last mth, when I wore loose dress, there is even pple wanting to give me seat in MRT.. it was embarrassing..

Vaginal scan: it's like doing Papsmear, but insert deeper!

baby may 09 and 3wkold:
if u want, there are lots of those shops in tpy that sells olive oil and moisturizing oil. quite cheap cos each is lesser than $4. think most supermarkets sell it too. try Ginvera... i used it later on for removal of my bb's cradle cap too.

3wkold: vaginal scan is one in which the scan is long. gynae will apply some lubricant onto the top of the scan and cover it with a condom(to prevent bacteria and infection). and like wat joyce said its really like a papsmear but slightly deeper. no pain at all.

joyce: u had 20 hrs labor?!! APPLAUSE!!! very brave of u to have a 2nd and 3rd one!! btw, how much is ginny's class?? 1 lesson is sufficient? actually my birth choice is also becos of my thaelaessemia (blood disorder). taking a step at a time to see if i can go thru normal.

Xue:
u mean when they were abt to take out the bb u cld feel the pulling and tugging? as long as there's not much things to hear can liao... hahaha btw, is the cost also cheaper for epi? btw, u better rest more, relax more and sleep more on your left side. read from a book that it helps to improve on blood circulation and delivery of blood to placenta.

Back