(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

<font color="ff3399">kidz, i also like the original Hi5 cast! find it the best n can connect to them as an overgrown kid too.. hee

in the end din get to do photoshoot cos mr bon is down with flu and "heaty" with itchy throat. also we all had a bad scare cos last mon we brought baby to visit MIL at work (a TCM clinic) and my MIL let her oldtime patient carry cait. on thurs, that patient called and said her son kena h1n1 and is hospitalised but herself is fine. MIL panic and quickly ask me call clinic ask if shd bring baby see doc etc. luckily the doctor quite nice and returned call, explaining look out loss of appetite, lerthargy, fever, cough etc, then right away bring to KKH cos if go clinic, that's what he will recommend anyway..

so our weekends were spent observing her and playing with her.. haha.. luckily all is fine now.. phew.. taught my MIL a BIG lesson not to anyhow pass to stranger to carry baby..

For the backgrd paper, 6ft width costs abt $50++ and 9ft width costs abt $95. its a very big roll, and if you decide to buy the paper, still have to buy 2 tripod stands to hold the paper up, and big metal clips to hold the paper in place n prevent it from rolling out longer n longer..

total damage couple of hundreds and u can go Cathy Photo, very reputable and they have ready stocks. must carry home yourself, and usually in taxi cant fit the 9ft, need MPV or van.. </font>

<font color="666600">kidz: I've got the BabyTV and Xander loves it!!
happy.gif
Worth to subscribe!
happy.gif
</font>

hi everyone! I'm selling california calendular cream cheap if u're keen...let me know ok? Limited stock for now..2 weeks to arrive
happy.gif
Only $16 for purchase of 2 tubs and above..

Hi mummies,

questions here again... "wu shi bu den shan bao dian"...

me managed to latch my boy on fri, 1st time since his birth... ha!!! as mummies said latch on will increase ss nah... but me have problem leh...

1) usu me gotta pump from both side to get his 1 feed. when he finished 1 side, me switched to the other one, he suck for a while only, less than 3 min bah... why eh?

2) he will give me the smile after rejecting the other side... does this mean he's okay?

3) if he's okay, full, that means me have been over feed him... but he can finished the whole bottle of bm leh...

please englightened me...

my girl sure stick to tv no matter who's on the show... be it hi-5, barney, mickey mouse, dora, little enstein, to disney princess... whatever you play on the dvd, show on tv, she'll watch... even PIL watched hokkien drama when she yet in cc... and her eyes are full attention to the tv no matter, nothing will bother her... me told hubby that we are responbile to what she becomes now - tv addict.. we are the one who intro to her yah... but without tv, both of us cant eat, sit or drink @ all...

ya, once @ work parents are hard to witness baby 1st... 1st flip, 1st crawl, 1st stand up... me went thru this, not seeing #1 all 1st... and my MIL didnt tell me too... she told my hubby only.... she wld tell me problems , but not the happy ones...

she did so for #2... my boy is able to flip 3 days before his 4th month... and me already start to work leh... only on fri, me saw him flip over, me so happy... quickly told hubby... but hubby said he knew already... and me was the last one to know...!!! sob...

Reiner, they say if bb latches, can drink more than what the pump can produce. Within 3 mins, they can suck alot already.

2 possibilities to ur situation : -
a) Perhaps ur bb is already full as 1 of the benefits of latching is that bb will not drink when full vs bottle feeding in which the giver will feel tt the bb needs to drink finish the bottle.

b) Sometimes ur bb needs to be burped in order to continue to drink fr the other. It is very clear if he fusses (turn head left and right but like still want to drink but cannot suck for long)that he will need to be burped.

Mine when full will either push out the nipple himself. He also will smile when he sleeps. So i guess he had enough.

Marie,
You tried the Jap buffet you mentioned before? Is it better than Kuishin-bo?

Kuishin-bo @ Great World City
Now it's food talk time hehe! I love going for buffets at Kuishin-bo! Used to always go to the Suntec outlet, but now I prefer the new outlet at Great World City! The GWC outlet has got all booth seats, as compared to the stool-like seats at Suntec outlet. Been to the GWC outlet once for lunch only, cos difficult to go out with hubby for dinner with bb these days, and for dinner time, they have outdoor charcoal grill as well. After makan, can still go shop shop at the various bb shops there! Love the sashimi and dessert spread at Kuishin-bo!
happy.gif

Hanabi @ Odean Towers
Hanabi at Odean Towers is nice too, but it's ala-carte buffet so gotta wait a while for your food. That's one reason why I prefer Kuishin-bo, can look at the food and grab fast to makan hehe... But ambience is nice and romantic with dim lightings, especially if you go at night.
happy.gif

Ikoi @ Miramar Hotel
It's also ala-carte buffet style, and this outlet is sooo popular that you've to book in advance, if not you have to settle for the 1.5hrs slots which they have. Ikoi serves up various small dishes throughout the meal, and these dishes can be very yummy and kinda of a surprise! Though I don't quite like the sashimi there (it's fresh but I prefer thick slices like those at Kuishin-bo), I love the surprises of the small dishes!
happy.gif

Makes me so hungry now... waiting for hubby to come back then can go for Jap buffet hehehe... ;)

<font color="ff0000">bonbon:</font>Datz so scary! (e H1N1 close call, nt e backgrd paper thingy) Phew! Thankfully Cait's ok. Wah, lookg @ the cost I'll just stick to my coloured walls or maybe find a nice piece of cloth 4 e job.

<font color="0000ff">marie:</font> Xander also veri fascinated by those swirling clips on BabyTV? i really dunno how itz educational bt it definitely mesmerizes them.

<font color="aa00aa">kp:</font> I nd 2 restock Calendula bt onli nd 1 bottle -- how much 4 1?

<font color="119911">leereiner:</font> Oh dear, hopefully it'll juz b rumours. Itz wonderful 2 know ur bb has caught on 2 latching. How long did he drink fr 1 side? 15mins can change 2 other side oledi to 'balance' out. Bt as Powerball mentioned, latching on bb wl drink more comfortably 2.

<font color="0077aa">moogey:</font> B2 also always trying to watch TV. It helped when he initially preferred turning to his right - coz got TV he'l turn his head e other way &amp; now muscles more flexi can easily turn each side. So 1Pt for TV -- bt future results 2 b seen
wink.gif

mummies who wanted to do the trip with babies... I'm at Banyu Biru Villas now, it's part of the Nirwana Gardens resort. Double storey with 2 bedrooms, like chalets, have kitchens, dining and living room area. Free wifi, $29 for 1 hr massage in the rooms.
Not bad for families. Very cheap too, S$650 for 3 days 2 nights. only things to watch out for are the stairs and ants but we're fine with it. Just clean the table after eating or drinking.

tktotts....can actually.. as per the march mummies advice.. take the normal panadol lah ...

btw mummies... the nursing bra i just tried from AVON... is super comfy leh.. i have never used bras w/out wires - feel like no shape like that... but this is diff leh.. very comfy... planning to get more later.. so more cheap... RM 25.90 .. the nursing bras i saw off hand for comfy ones are EX hor.. so i had to tahan with normal bras... keep sliding the straps on and off.. strapless only o/side as not so comfy for me....http://picasaweb.google.com/mystuff1714/AVONPRODUCTSCAMPAIGN1314#5356869671745630290

<font color="119911">bonbon,
no rush, can always come the next sat if u wan.

pumpkin,
wow u at bintan nw.

anyway i chked out bintan lagoon le, villa is at $3k+ for 4 rooms, each family will have to pay close to 1k inclusive of ferry which i tot is veri bo hua, so mayb can travel during non-peak.</font>

ida
agree with you, never used bras w/o wires before getting pregnant. But during pregnancy, even the wires irritated me!! haha.. bought some Marks &amp; spencer ones (non bf ones) which are very comfy. But the Avon ones you mention sound good.. will check it out :-D

pumpkin
so jealous!! wish i could be at bintan with bb too..

<font color="aa00aa">Don't like Thomas the train that much too but I suppose I like it better than Barney the ugly purple dinosaur! What an insult to my fav colour!! Power Ranger is OUT too,so is teletubby..Think I will faint if Justin wants to wear Barney/teletubby/power ranger clothes!!!

I like Bob the builder ,muppet babies and sesame street! Love muppet babies and sesame st especially as I grew up on them
happy.gif

Who has a Barney VCD to lend me to watch,really curious why so many kids are attracted to Barney?</font>

<font color="aa00aa">kidzskidz,wanna share a bottle of california cream each?so we can enjoy the cheaper price? But hor,please tell me how do I use it,and when do I use it?</font>

<font color="aa00aa">so happy! Went shopping at paragon with Justin today.Bought him the octopus from ELC (similar to the octotunes from lamaze)

Btw,for those searching high and low on Lamaze's Octotunes,they are avail at First few Years from Paragon.First few years also carry Bebepod plus.$119. Looks so good and comes with safety belt to strap the active baby in.That's a plus point cuz I've heard reviews that baby tends to want to climb out of the bumbo when they become active (and able!!) </font>

<font color="aa00aa">kidzskids,saw the potty that you posted from the first few years too.Cute and they also carry a few other cute designs but I've already got my heart and mind set on the Fisherprice one.Must get the Fisherprice one!!!
happy.gif
</font>

Happylittlewoman
sorry cannot get bumbo le, my hubby refused to give the green light cos he feels my bb will not sit in it for long cos she has thunder thighs.
sad.gif

my bb also loves to look at the tv.. will always turn her head to look at it..

today 2nd day back at work and already i'm exhausted..somemore had to attend an event after work, by time i reach home (10pm), bb sound asleep.. v sad..

want to buy a 2nd hand bebepod, but no one seems to be selling..

oh i just had jap buffet at hanabi 2 weekends ago.. they hv 3 outlets, 1 at odeon, 1 at katong and 1 at bukit timah.. i think their sashimi is very fresh..

of cos ikoi is good too, but need to book way in advance

<font color="aa00aa">pei,they have both type of bebepod at paragon!! Quick go!!

Dodos,I'm not sure,I just see price and never see in detail so not sure whether it comes with tray or not.Maybe you can go see for yourself
happy.gif

Oshgosh,i think it's cuz can sit until quite old,dats why hard to find seller</font>

<font color="0000ff">Pumpkin Seed:</font> U veri shiok hor? I can juz picture u by e sea, wind blowing thru ur hair as u crack 'kuay ji' 2 eat!! Heheh
wink.gif

<font color="119911">Idaa:</font> Avon nursing bra cheap leh + comes in diff cup size. I want 2 get so gotta tobang u rite? R u Avon rep - dan I buy fr u better stl. Email me if u got other Avon lobangs. TIA!

<font color="aa00aa">Rose:</font> Sure, can order the Calendula 2gthr &amp; if possible, collect fr KP when we next mt her. Can also pass u a Barney VCD when we mt -- there r gd lessons fr his series, juz dat most of us can't stand the character
biggrin.gif

<font color="ff6000">Watz cheapest 4 a new Bumbo w Tray?</font> Kidzloft selling $79.90 for chair + tray. Bt currently OOS...www.kidzloft.com/index.php?main_page=product&amp;cPath=6&amp;products_id=302&amp;manufacturers_id=

<font color="ff0000">Letting our bb watch TV:</font> JTS: Actuali no harm when allowing them 2 watch. I grew up watching lots &amp; lots of TV. Anyway, I've learnt fr some artciles/wkshp dat main guidelines are
1) Prog has to be age appropriate
2) An adult must be there to mediate the child's learning. This is based on the Mediated Learning Experience (MLE) concept i.e. a child may learn if left alone w whatever learning tool bt a child will learn better and learn more when there is a mediator to guide, explain and encourage a child to explore.

In the case of letting our children watch TV, no pt just leaving them there glued to the goggle-box. Must spend them sitting next 2 them to pt out, ask questions, etc. Examples
a) What is that in Barney's hands? (if dinosaurs hv hands...)
b) Is Thomas late? Why?

Btw MLE applies to all aspects of learning, nt juz 4 watching TV
wink.gif
Hope this helps...

<font color="0077aa">More of Hello Kitty...</font> Went 2 Gmarket &amp; keyed in 'Hello Kitty' -- 4pgs of prdts came out... Bt didn't hv x 2 browse all

<font color="0000ff">Mandarin Children's Educational VCDs</font> Any1 can recommend &amp; got lobang? I reali nd 2 wk w B1 on her Mandarin -- her English-accented Chinese is becoming a headache so my hubby suggested getting her some kidz shows 2 watch since we've onli been buying her English ones + watching onli English kidz TV channels... ANY1 CAN HELP??!!

<font color="666600">HLW: My colleague told me it's better than Ikoi @ Mirarmar. She's quite fussy at food one..so when she say gd....must be gd lor! :p</font>

moogoey.. yeah.. coz my assets so not the power lah- so use non wired.. like haiyo.. not nice
happy.gif
.. but interesting that i find this comfy . . feel like not using also... and not bad.. shape still there.. heheheh

kidz... i have PMED u and sure can tompang me.. and i have read somwhere in March thread that someone got bumbo + tray @ $70 .. let me check the archives if can find
happy.gif

<font color="119911">shall we decide on a plc for buffet tis fri? to mark the end of most mummies' ML, keke. faster decide on a plc, hopefuli got gd sashimi n dessert.

Re: Mass Gathering
Date: 24 Dec 2009 (Friday)
Time: 12pm
Venue: TBC

1. Kris
2. Jam
3. Rose
4. Owmum
5. Marie
6. Pei
7. bbmum
8.</font>

Morning mummies!

Yeah!finally finished my assignment.Can do watever I wan without smthing hanging in my mind..

Dodos, Pravina, Cat, Audrey, Ultraberry: The beanies have arrived!!! Yippie. Just arrived last nite. But according to the seller, got sm mistakes this time so she refunded me le..those affected are Audrey and Ultraberry. She's nw sorting the stuff out..Cat, I will let u know when u can collect...u going for the buffet dis fri? Maybe we should all go den we can collect from Cat =) Wil update u all via sms. Audrey: I dun have your hp no. so u will nid to check ur email or you can PM me your no..

Kris: u wrote 24 Dec..dat's xmas eve..hee..tink u type too fast le..=) I'll go!
Date: 24 Dec 2009 (Friday)

1. Kris
2. Jam
3. Rose
4. Owmum
5. Marie
6. Pei
7. bbmum
8. Rin

Re: Watching tv
Actually a lot of PD will advise against watching..citing ADHD and eyesight prob but I stil let bb watch, but nt too much each day..I also have baby tv. She loves it too..I'm also showing her baby einstein. Looks boring to me.It's like baby tv type..but she seems to enjoy so let her lor..I agree wif kidkidz..i tink the danger comes in if u treat it like a babysitter and dump your bb in front of the tv for a long time..else I tink shld be ok since we all grew up watching tv anyway..but I have a few frens who are reali determined lor..nt letting the bb watch for 2 years, cos that's wat the PDs suggest..

Rose: I oso dun like barney but a lot of kids love them and like wat Kris said, it has educational value..my nephew just started to fall in love with it..so I bought some barney bookis and vcds for him lor..their songs are also catchy..

BTW, I have first few years discount card, entitles to 10% so if anyone needs it to buy the bebepod, can borrow if u wan to..it's applicable to all unless its already a discounted item..so u might need to check..=)

heh.. amended the date below

how about jap buffet then?

Date: 24 Jul 2009 (Friday)

1. Kris
2. Jam
3. Rose
4. Owmum
5. Marie
6. Pei
7. bbmum
8. Rin
9. Moogey

my hong kong frenz doesnt have tv @ home!!! so no tv for her 3 princesses...

if no tv @ home, what'll you do with your jr at home everyday eh?

<font color="aa00aa">But dodos,you just posted where you can look at the real thing,bebepod plus on sunday.You just bought it right?May I know why you want to sell it away ?</font>

Tan SL,
No problem, I have decided to slowly hunt for a Bumbo seat here as my girl's neck is not that steady yet, so no rush to let her sit in the Bumbo yet. Agree that Bumbo seems quite cramped for big babies, esp those with chunky thighs!

Fever in Babies
My girl went for her 5in1 yesterday and now her temp is 37.3, not exactly considered as fever right?
She is 5.1kg only and 58cm! I was worried that she is very small but doc kept assuring me that she is average, and yes from the graphs, she is in the 50th percentile. Doc said girls being smaller or average size is better than being overweight, so I rest my mind at ease.
happy.gif

kidz and Leereiner,
I have asked quite a few of my top students in school, and top means they are among the top few in the whole level! Most of them don't watch tv at all! I have these two P3 and P5 boys who are among the top 5 in the whole level, same went for their eldest bro who had already grad and in Sec 2 now. They have no TV at home! Makes me ponder whether I shld do the same to my own kids next time cos it's like soo cruel leh. Deprive them of some enjoyment in life, and it's basically just study, tuition, assessment books in their childhood. Poor thing!

kidz,
Actually 10,000 Why (十万个为什么) is good but I think it's more suitable for kidergarten kids and above.
Otherwise you can try letting your girl watch cartoons on 弟子规 and 三字经, learning about moral values in the process as well. I think Giant and those DVD stores like TS and Poh Kim do sell, as for which ones are good, I am not sure. If you have frens heading to Taiwan and China esp, can ask them help u get cartoons and stuffs, super duper cheap over there! Last year when I went Taiwan with my students, my luggage was overweight at 30plus kg, full of books and magazines. =p

I've the contact of a supplier who supplies Chinese books, VCDs, DVDs to schools, if you need the contact, can PM me. If you are interested, can get them to send you the catalogue.
happy.gif

Back