(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

Kidz, ya I sign up at Evans, nearer my house
happy.gif
plus parking cheaper than Forum

pinkypink, the 9am class is full, you must have signed up quite early. I just confirmed and made payment today for the 11am class. But anyway, after going for the holiday program for a week, the 11am class is better for Keene, he can take his morning nap before going for class.
I know Mothercare sells pram covers, you can go and take a look.

thanks gallop! Shall go mothercare then!

I signed up in end april... and 2 weeks ago they confirmed got vacancy then i made payment.

Have u waitlisted for playclub?

Pinkypink, no wonder you got the popular timing
happy.gif
Me and KP only decided to sign up after the holiday program. Yes waitlisted for mandarin playclub too, hopefully can get a space. How about Sunay?

bilingual is how many times a week? Is it also 2 hours? How do they divide up the timing? 50% english and 50% mandarin? You waitlist for next year term 1 is it?

yenz, you intend to send your son for the drop off program at bibinogs is it? I think at 18mths a 3hr program is a bit long..

btw, has any of u tried the long stem strawberries currently sold at coldstorage...i just bought i packet..quite nice lei...the strawberry smell and taste very strong...not the sweetest...but nice...i am eating them now..thats why thot i will share..
happy.gif
meant for Edgar..but too many lah for him to finish..so i help him out...hehe..

gallop,

I intend to send my son to their drop off program, maybe twice a week, coz my second one is coming next month. So at least got activity for him, orelse he can be stressed up, but thinking only send him in next Jan, so he'll be 20 mths old by then. Coz orelse I sign him up for half day class at montessori, but me and hubby dont really like it, coz most of it in fact all of it are childcare.

At the same time, I also waitlist him for playclub mandarin at JG Evans Road, see how it goes...do u think 3 hrs too long for them?

Hi April mummies, anyone keen to buy the Stokke Tripp Trapp (high chair) for your little ones?

I am thinking of ordering 1 set from the UK for my gal and if another mummy is keen, we can share the shipping costs..
Around £220 for Stokke Tripp Trapp, Baby Set and Cushion excluding shipping costs from UK to SG.

Will be around 20-30% cheaper than SG prices. SG Tripp Trapp is around SGD540. Pls PM me if you are keen for more details then I see if I can organise it.

edj, ya loh, today very free cos car being serviced, stuck at home
happy.gif
Keene not sleeping as well as before, think must go for classes then really tire him out, one of the reason why I decided to sign him up for class 3 days a week hahahaha
The strawberry so nice ah, later I buy and try

edj, join us for mandarin lah:p happy to have gallop for company!!

pinkypink, yup, how is bilingual like??

Gallop,

no wonder...so guai at home...
happy.gif
haha...go to the zoo lah...confirm he will sleep like a baby...
happy.gif
yeah strawberry really quite nice...very juicy not very sweet though...

KP,

dont want lah...3times lei...mix with u once a week enuf already...3 times ah...ergh...dont want lah...hahuahauhau

<font color="119911">eviangal,
i wanted to buy when i had kelly but after i brought hb down to take a look at the fair, he said NO. coz we r not the disciplined kind of parents dat will sit down daily to read wif her but im reli impressed wif their materials especially the books.</font>

Gallop n KP: I think billingual playclub is a mix, like if teaching a word will say it in both languages. So it's 2 hours of both languages not one hour each. I think it's quite gd. The jg staff told me maybe term 4 sunay can graduate to playclub already! But depends if got vacancy n if I dare leave him alone... Hehe.

Re pram in plane hold > I couldn't find a pram protector fr my pram so I bought a big plastic luggage protector fr $20 from planet traveller instead, just put it over the pram, then the wheels r nt covered so still can wheel it easily!

I saw a pram bag fr quinny zapp and thin strollers though. But very ex n must carry on shoulder... Hehe. FYI for anyone travelling soon
happy.gif

Edj: Yup, brought Val to the water play area too.. She love it. Going there again during our family day event.

Kris: You agreed its a good program too? Ya.. Hopefully, I will put it into good use.

Catherine: Is your son enrolled in Little Tree House? Noticed that you are a friend in facebook with them. Considering the Sembawang branch for Valene.

Anyone has any idea how much are their fees?

<font color="0000ff">Pkg Tickets for Zoo, Nite Safari &amp; Birdpark:</font> Itz called Park Hopper tickets &amp; valid for 1M fr date of 1st visit. U choose to buy 3-in-1 Parks or 2-in-1 Parks pkg &amp; kan also choose pkg w or w/o tram rides. Kan buy @ door or online (min. 48hrs b4 ur intended visit date). Full details, go to their online booking pg: http://www.zoo.com.sg/online_booking.aspx?l1=15&amp;langid=1

We're juz going Zoo &amp; Nite Safari bt wl definitely get pkg w tram rites so itz easier on us adults
wink.gif

<font color="119911">Science Centre:</font> Went w kidz 2 visit e Pixar Exhibition bt B1 enjoyed it more - esp e 3D movie. Bastion was watching e various videos they were running bt he reali was quite fascinated by e dinosuar bones exhibit in e main ctr. Here's a pic of him hamming it up -- pretending 2 b scared of e 'Big Bird'
biggrin.gif

4085219.jpg

Kidzskidz: Thanks for yr recommendation of the Sealer diaper....bought 3 pkts of XL during the motherhood expo exhibition. Quite good so far...both of boys so far so good....quite good as compared to mamypoko

kidzskidz: Yap! Keen to get the mosquito patches...any idea how many in one box

Eviangal: Thought LTH only got 2 branches --- one at Ubi, the other at hougang, I think. Quite good but changing management soon. 8-( I joined cos got borrow books from library weekly and swimming once they reached K2 but now change of management (to Our Juniors' Schoolhouse, a subsidary of Cheri Hearts') dun really like it cos I dun like cheri hearts....have a nasty experience with another branch....so wait and see...if no good, then change again...

Catherine: There is a new branch at Sembawang now. They took over another childcare. Looks good lei. You mean swimming classes is included in their program? So good?

eviangal: Yes, tat's what makes it different. My elder son benefitted a lot from the childcare. He quit his pacifier and is more disciplined...but he also picks up nasty habits from others...

hi mummies,

anyone facing food strike agn from their baby? chelsey is rejecting food...erm..not exactly reject food..or shld i say she reject her meal..she only take fruits n veg(veg self feed)..whenever i put a spoon of porridge infront of her she will jus open her mouth so small tt barely take in any..i was wondering if she dun like e meat in e porridge or ? somehow she only likes plain porridge(with spring onion)..she don like those porridge with all e ingredients cooked inside...i havin a headache whenever its meal time!
n my MIL comment that: it should be becuz the food i cook not nice....

Ow_mummy,

My boy was also facing food strike last week...but still manage to finish 3/4 of his meal...for him, he will spit out whatever in his mouth and first of all it's so tough to get the food to his mouth...had a very bad headache, but when I offered him plain bread or cake he would take it...but thank God, the past 2 days he has been a good boy...so I guess dont worry, it's just a phase, sometimes they are good eater and sometimes reject all the foods...my hubby oso commented maybe my porridge not nice...hahah

ow mummy, yenz, maybe baby is just bored with the same kind of good for every meal, need to introduce more variety, same nutrient in different form, also, no food is absolutely essential, there is always an alternative. So I heard during the amazing toddler congress
happy.gif

This New Dietary Guidline for Children by HPB is a good guide for mommies worrying over food intake by their babies. It actually recommends 750ml of milk per day, dun have to be all fm, can be fresh milk, yoghurt,cheese etc.

Download the pdf file at:

http://www.hpb.gov.sg/hpb/ere/ere0307.asp?id=70242

SH: yes its useful.

yenz: wen chelsey reject meal is really reject one..she at most take 2 mouthful..

Moomum: i changed her food everyday, no repeat de.. i will only repeat e same 1 week later..

<font color="ff0000">Apr Mommies Order of Mozzies Patch -- Hello Kitty or Doraemon Designs:</font>
Pls chk the BP for product pics &amp; details http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/4084094.html?1276063063
1 box @ $8 OR we order 10 boxes for $70. Ea box contains 24 mozzies patch whc r sealed 2 patches in a pouch (non-sealable) bt u may wanna use two patches each x also i.e. one on bb's top &amp; othr on pants' leg or on stroller, etc. Btw, these r in full colour. Pls indicate ur order in following list:

Nick + Design &amp; Qty Required/Design
1. Joie 1 x Hello Kitty
2. Kidzskidz 2 x Doraemon

<font color="0077aa">Poor Appetite:</font> Bastion suffered dat for 4-5wks til his face was noticeably leaner. Bt past mth his appetite has picked up &amp; his chubby cheeks r returning, so is his Pooh bear tummy
wink.gif
Culprit was his molars -- he was drooling buckets for like 2M+ bt last wkend I was finally able to spot 2 molars (on left &amp; rite) cutting thru in his upper gums - . &amp; all e while I thot it was gonna b a lower molar coz his lower gums r stl veri swollen. Bt he's nt eating back 2 former levels - tho he'll eat a lot of fruits, fruit purees, salmon. He's more reserved when it comes 2 rice, porridge or rice cereal. I load him w bananas a couple of x a wk 2 give him more carbs. He'll also eat plain crackers (Meiji).

One thing dat seems 2 make him eat more is when we feed him fr our plate e.g. using our spoon, fork, chopsticks. If we use his own spoon, he'll juz take 4-5 niblles then reject food. Tink Pravina shared b4 she experienced similar scenario

<font color="ff6000">Cath:</font> U juz add on order 4 mozzies patch if nd. Lilmoo helped me order b4 &amp; I give 2 my gal's tchrs 2 stick on2 her shirt when the class goes for outdoor activities. My gal luvs e Hello Kitty design. I tink these r effective 8hrs whc is enuf.

Re Sealer: Yah, nt bad rite? Soft &amp; absorbent. Safe 4 nite use 2. Bt ur boy using XL liao? I got an L size sample &amp; finally used it on Bastion y'day -- stl 2 big coz itz a longer cutting than e Pampers L he's currently using. Bt I order 7 pkts Sealer L 2 stock up. Itz e new type, "Smart", whc wl b available in mkts later. They refused 2 deliver e old type. Anyway, new type snuggier in material &amp; cutting so worth e $1 more per pk I had 2 pay. I actuali KS &amp; ordered 4 pks of XL 2 bt my fren took ovr all for her son. Anyway, I stl hv Pampers stocked up for Bastion 2 use &amp; when those r gone, he shd b able 2 fill up e L size Sealer nicely
wink.gif
I calculated &amp; we hv like 5M stock of diapers for him so by Oct/Nov I gotta lookout for diaper promotion &amp; stock up agn... Haiz, dunno when it'll end. Btw, when u start potty training ur B1 har? I oledi wonder when I kan 'wean' Bastion off diapers...
biggrin.gif

I onli regret nt buying Drypantz there, $14.25 for min.l 4 pks. Bt I went there w/o hb so no way I cld lug home w Bastion in stroller.

<font color="0000ff">Ow Mummy:</font> Aiyoh, how kan ur MIL make comment dat ur cooking 4 Chelsey nt nice? Bbs @ diz age dun reali noe e diff whor... Unless ur MIL been slipping her othr foods 2 affect her tastebuds? Itz juz part of growing up &amp; teething lor... we kan fret bt do little. U juz kp loading Chelsey w e rite fruits.

When Bastion was on strike, I tried e following whc he enjoyed bt nt all e x 2:
1) french toast
2) steamed eggs w mushrooms (swiss brown)
3) ham &amp; mushrooms omelette (I washed e ham 1st so itz less salty, bt feed him veri little of ham anyway
4) ham &amp; mushroom rosti (he lurved e cheese I put in)

Tks ow mum.
Sub u can try asking ur mil to cook for Chelsey for a few days to see if her cookin will improve chelsey's appepite. Lol

Kidz, i went yesterday and the sale for Kiddy Palace still there.

Ow_mummy, Dexter's eating again but not back to what he used to be eating. I agree w Kidz that it could be due to teething. Have u tried giving bread for lunch as it was one of the few things tt he ate when he was on strike.

Apr Mommies Order of Mozzies Patch -- Hello Kitty or Doraemon Designs:
Pls chk the BP for product pics &amp; details http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/4084094.html?1276063063
1 box @ $8 OR we order 10 boxes for $70. Ea box contains 24 mozzies patch whc r sealed 2 patches in a pouch (non-sealable) bt u may wanna use two patches each x also i.e. one on bb's top &amp; othr on pants' leg or on stroller, etc. Btw, these r in full colour. Pls indicate ur order in following list:

1. Joie 1 x Hello Kitty
3. Moomum 1 x Doraemon

halo everyone...

my boi also having food strike for the past week, didn't want to take porridge, refused to open mouth, even if open, he will hold the food in his mouth then spit out. Then yesterday he refused milk also. Got no choice but bring him to see doc as i worried got some problem. Doc checked and say everything is fine, probably due to teething, so if he is happy and ok, just monitor will do.

I oso worried is it my porridge didn't cook properly and taste bad.

After seeing the various posts, seems it is normal at this stage... at least not so worrying. I trying to give him different variety of food and see how. Probably too tired of porridge..

Kidz: my mil from the first day chelsey started on porridge..she make such comments ardy.. she say give bb eat all those fruits n veg puree where got nice...n she insist on using soysauce...she fed chelsey caramel corn tidbits n caused chelsey rashes..she fed her Dark soy sauce (those LOR Chap) with rice.. tts her tasty food.. Becuz my Mil is sumone who don eat fruits or veg de...tts y...

SH: her standard cook is porridge with pork ribs n potato with light soysauce...the pork ribs is not cooked for e soup only..its cooked together with e porridge..end up the whole pot of porridge u will keep eating the small lil pcs of bones...

1. Joie 1 x Hello Kitty
3. Moomum 1 x Doraemon
4. Catherine 2 x Doraemon

Re: Pigeon Porridge
Mummies giving pigeon poridge, i just wanna ask, do u mix with anything else when u give ur bb this? Reason im asking is cos its soooo little!!!! Or do u open 2 pkts?? Thanks!!

Back