(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

Mummies,

so shall we just stick back to our good old kallang seafood? do we need to book ah since they r always very empty?

coming tmrw for peekaboo. There is another Jap upstairs (think 4th or 5th floor) which has the conveyor belt sushi but don't think they have that many highchairs and after that your clothes will stink so not so good. Maybe when our bb's are older then can go and eat there.

KP, i want order things fr u. Now looking thro. Later email u. U can bring on sat as think tmrw i going w/out helper.

Peekaboo Date
Date: 5 May 2010, Wed
Time: 12pm (Kallang Seafood)

1) edj
2) Gallop
3) Audrey?
4) KP
5) Cal
6) Powerball
7) Catherine

mummies who hv ordered from mums' kitchen
is there leftover food or do i hv to order extra or less?? please advise
cos i've ordered for 40pax, the S$10 hi-tea menu.
shd i increase to 45pax.
i only counted for the adults ( 46 adults coming so far)
Thanx Thanx

<font color="0077aa">APRIL 2009 BABIES 1ST BIRTHDAY BASH/GATHERING!! 
Date - 8th May 2010, 12noon to 3.30pm
Venue - 47 Hume Avenue, Parc Palais Condominium Clubhouse, Level 2 (Multi Purpose Hall). S 598748
HI-TEA Buffet, family shots, goodie bags, mother's day cake</font>

<table border=1><tr><td>no</TD><TD>SMH</TD><TD>baby (Boy/Gal)</TD><TD>attending (Y/N)</TD><TD>hubby/helper/sibling</TD><TD>PM(Y/N, contact details) </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>pravina</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>hubby</TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>edj</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>hubby</TD><TD>Y </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>eviangal</TD><TD>gal</TD><TD>N</TD><TD>hubby</TD><TD>Y </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>audrey</TD><TD>gal</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>hubby + sibling</TD><TD>Y </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>gallop</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>N</TD><TD>Y </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>pei</TD><TD>gal</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>hubby ( not eating)</TD><TD>Y </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>oshgosh baby</TD><TD>gal</TD><TD>N</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>kidzskidz</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>N</TD><TD>Y </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>joie</TD><TD>gal</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>hubby</TD><TD>Y </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>KP</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>N</TD><TD>Y </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>jean</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>hubby</TD><TD>Y </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>rose</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>loveJ</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Yenz2</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>N</TD><TD></TD><TD>N </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>Sanni</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>hubby</TD><TD>Y </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>kris</TD><TD>gal</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>sibling</TD><TD>Y </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>marie</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>hubby</TD><TD>N </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>asp_23</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>N</TD><TD>hubby</TD><TD>Y </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>ow_mummy</TD><TD>gal</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>hubby</TD><TD>N </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>coral</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>Y </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>baby_mummy</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>N</TD><TD>N</TD><TD>Y </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>sharon</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>corine's mum</TD><TD>gal</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>hubby</TD><TD>Y </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>mummyportia</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>hubby</TD><TD>Y </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>pinkypink</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>hubby</TD><TD>Y </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>catherine tft</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>hubby + sibling</TD><TD>Y </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>shers</TD><TD>gal</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>helper + sibling</TD><TD>Y </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>powerball</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>helper</TD><TD>Y </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>piggypig</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>N</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>yvonne ysl</TD><TD>gal</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>N</TD><TD>Y </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>moomum</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>hubby or mum</TD><TD>y </TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>Rin</TD><TD>gal</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>N</TD><TD>Y </TD></TR><TR><TD>33</TD><TD>Cal</TD><TD>gal</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>N</TD><TD>Y </TD></TR><TR><TD>34</TD><TD>bonbon</TD><TD>gal</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>hubby</TD><TD>Y </TD></TR><TR><TD>35</TD><TD>ipanpan</TD><TD>gal</TD><TD>N</TD><TD>helper</TD><TD>Y </TD></TR><TR><TD>36</TD><TD>pumpkinseed</TD><TD>gal</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>N</TD><TD>Y </TD></TR><TR><TD>37</TD><TD>NM maman</TD><TD>boy</TD><TD>??</TD><TD></TD><TD>N </TD></TR><TR><TD>38</TD><TD>baked potato</TD><TD>gal</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>hubby</TD><TD>Y </TD></TR><TR><TD>39</TD><TD>chocz</TD><TD>gal</TD><TD>Y</TD><TD>N</TD><TD>Y </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>
46 adults
28 babies
4 siblings

Expenditure for baby bash
condo room rental - S$80.00
Catering from Mums kitchen - S$470.80
goodie bag - S$100.00 ( i absorb the rest of the cost)
Prints cost - Pinkypink to advise
Cake cost - ow_mummy to advise.

<font color="aa00aa">Is it oki if mummies can transfer S$20.00 (estimated cost) per person to my POSB savings acct 180-00720-2 by friday please?
Please email me transfer details with your SMH nick please!
i can return you the excess on the 8th or transfer to your accct back.
Thanx thanx!!

please comment if its oki with the above.
i dun wanna handle monies on actual day cos i'll be busy plus need to pay pinkypink and ow_mummy as well.
Thanx</font>

Edj,
Thanx, i only catered for 40pax thinking we might hv leftovers plus cake!!!
will stick to 40pax order!!!

btw, the sales rep told me mee siam addition is 3.50 pax!!
if want buffet must choose the S$15pax menu

pravina: I used mums kitchen for full month, v lil of leftover for some food. But most items cleared halfway thru the event..haha.. esp their laksa n mussels then. I ordered the $15 per pax international one if i nv rmb wrgly.. E servings is jus nice.. unless we all eat v lil..haha..jus order 40pax will do.. cuz with all e bbs also diffcult to eat..kekex.. n we still haf the yummy cakes..
Btw i faced a problem with pines garden, as e cake is big so i asked em to do delivery, but they do not haf slot to deliver the cake at our timing.. their avail slot is only 4pm. So i might need help to collect e cake, as hubby's car is nt stable enuff to ferry the cake..anyone can help?

Advice from pines garden:

- cake to be hold/put on one's lap to prevent any movements that will affect e cake.

I m alone at the back with chelsey so don think i can hold on to the cake w/o chelsey's fussing..

edj, S$10 hi-tea buffet, menu H
just emailed her asking if can add coffee and spicy sausages but yet to reply.

ow_mummy,
wish i can help you but i'll be at venue early to set up and ensure everything ready.
can some one help collect the cakes please!!

kidz,
give me 1o pkt of $0.90/pkt -- Antiseptic wipes.
bring along during bash?
pay u tat day.

pravina,
okie..thks for organising. really alot of work.

mummies,
i just emailed you all with details.
marie and ow_mummy, i dun hv your email addresses so will PM you instead.

lemmknow if i left out someone or forgot something ...

see you all sat ...
email/sms me if anything!!
=)

i would offer to pick but i have speech day in my school tt day.. if deliver earlier i scared no place to keep. hmmm, must it be in the fridge? Can be kept outside? Cuz i doubt my fridge can keep such a big cake. if can keep outside then no prob, deliver to my house then i bring it over
happy.gif

i stay nearby but also same problem as ow_mummy, not sure if i can handle baby and cake by myself.

but hubby thinks its doable...

so yeah.. i can pick it up.

What time shall i pick it up and i will also need the invoice number
happy.gif

hi mummies,
i got maid issues..
got my maid end nov and now she's asking for higher pay and wants to wake up later..
she been talking to the other maids around while she walks the dog ..
can i know how much a maid gets paid? she's from indo.
any advise appreciated.
thanx

Pravina,

it depends on the number of years experience your maid has...i am paying 380 for mine...she has more than 2 years exp in singapore...

How long has she been working for u?if its only a while i dont think u shd give her lah....u can call your agent and check with them....

i guess it depends on her working ability and attitute also loh..mine was quite good..she has been with us for 8 months now..and we gave her a small increment this month...out of our ownwill...

edj,
her atitude actually sucks now..
she has told my mum twice now that she does not want to look after children,
she's nicely told my mum that the other maid down the street earns 20sgd per sunday ...
i pay her 10sgd now cos me still paying her loan, and her monthly salary is 360sgd.
plus we moved to a bigger house and she's been complaining too much work when my brother and i clean our own rooms and bathrooms; so i'm kinda angry abt all this..
she's been with us for 6mths, we gave her extra monies during xmas, CNY and her bday.. also out of our own will...
and she's very slow...slow in cleaning, only speeds up work when i'm around..

pravina, maid issues are never-ending, i also having problems. My one says Sunay is too much for her to handle. sigh.

My mom has an indo who worked here for few months already, getting 300.

<font color="0000ff">Cal:</font> I've reserved e last 10pkts of antiseptic wipes 4 u
wink.gif

<font color="ff0000">Freshening Antiseptic &amp; Alcohol Wipes:</font>
Just rec'd the latest quote. Price inclusive of GST liao. Those interested pls PM me your order &amp; tt to me by Thu -- POSB Savings 129-06329-7. I'll bring to Sat's party -- gotta borrow's B1's luggage bag 4 this

$1.80/pkt -- Alcohol wipes. 10 indiv wrapped pcs/pkt. Extremely gd 4 disinfecting highchair, table surface, diaper-changing stations, toys, stuffs dat bb wl put in2 mouth. Dry w wipe &amp; let alcohol evaporate b4 giving 2 bb (1min or so, longer for soft toys). Hv abt 30pkts to spare
For pdt details, refer to this site http://www.yumtrade.com/shopexd.asp?id=2230

$0.90/pkt -- Antiseptic wipes. 10pcs in a resealable pkt. Wonderful for cleaning hands, face, wounds. Also kan b used in plc of alcohol wipes bt it takes longer 2 dry coz itz alcohol free. Has authentic 'medicinal' smell. For pdt details, refer to this site http://yumclick.com/online-store.asp?id=558
<font size="+1"><font color="ff0000">Note: Antiseptic wipes all taken up. Each carton is 48pkts so if any other mommy interested, u nd 2 consider how 2 split 48pkts... Expiry is usuali aroun 20M.</font></font>

ok im in
happy.gif

Peekaboo Date

1) edj
2) Gallop
3) Audrey
4) KP
5) Cal
6) Powerball
7) Catherine

Next outing date to be decide :p

SG Zoo Excursion
Date: 7 - 11Jun2010, pls vote for the date!
Time: 9:30am

1. KP
2. edj
3. Audrey
4. Pei
5. Gallop
6. Oshgosh
7. Powerball

Hello all mummies,

im a April09 mummies too, this thread is like F1 formulae. Needed some advice here,( regarding febrile fits)

Recently my baby girl just celebrated her Ist Birthday on the 5th April.

On and off, she would have a fever when teething. But this time round, on the 13 of April, her fever is unusually high. It went up to 39.3 degree.

I took one day off, bring her to doctor at wdls polyclinic. Doctor suspected dengue fever, so a blood test was taken and as expected she cried non-stop. Luckily the test show no traces of dengue virus in her blood sample.

We were told to go home.

In the noon time, i fed her medicine (paracentamol)to bring down her fever as well as light sponging. But she throw up..Only drank a little milk.

Her fever goes on and off the whole day long.. I didn't expect it to worsen. The night itself after i fed her medicine, she fall asleep. It was around 10.30pm.. At 1am she woke up crying. I pick her up and curdle her, check her temperature, its about 38.3 degree celsius and she fall asleep again. I thought she will be alright in the morning when she woke up just like any other time when she contacted fever. I was real wrong.

At 2.30am she cried again, i cuddle her and she was like shivering all over. I took her temperature , oh my god! it was 39.7 degree celsius, i immediately woke up my hubby, Grab her health booklet and some stuff ,carry her and took a cab , rush her to A&amp;E KK Hospital..

In the cab, i kept sponging her, took her temperature again, it shoot up to 40.6 degree celcius, then all of a sudden she got febrile fits, her eyes wide open, she shakes her whole body. I cried, i've never been so frighten before, I kept pleading with the cabby to go fast. ( Marsiling mrt to kk hospital)
My hubby console me , kept ensuring me that our baby will be fine. Our taxi almost hit the filter lane kerb upon reach KK Hospital. (135km/Hr) I even told the uncle i will pay for if there is any summon. ( guess i was mad at that time)Luckily there's no accident.

when we reach , i jumbed out of the cab with my baby girl and ran towards the A&amp;E entrance. The nurse took her temperature it was crazy, the temperature was surprisingly high at 41.8 degree celcius. I panicked and cry .. The doctor was immediately call in to attend to my daughter Ist.. there she was given medicine, but again, she threw up, doctors got no choice but to insert medicine through her anus.

Nurses kept sponging for her as she kept crying.. by 7am her fever subside a little, and she was transfer to the children ward. We stayed there from 13- 17 before the doctors discharge her. During this period, they wanted to take her blood sample, but i refuse as polyclinic has it already.Her urine was also tested in case of urinary tract infection.

And now she is well already but i hope there won't be any aftereffect in the near future
and her growing up
happy.gif
Worried mum

omg i read OP_mum's post .. and i cried .. sob sob..
lucky bb is betta now..
y e sudden .. v high fever any one has any advice?

Hi OP,
The way how KKH Wards MO handle blood test sucks!!!! 2x my gal hospitalised....the blood test made had cried like hell and vomitted!
but when the lab assistant take her blood.... no problems..no crying also!

Btw, ya...i agreed we wish our child can be treated by doctors asap incase of any delay.. pls do not overlook on only one accident will destroy everything.

Last time when we went to KKH, the cab driver see that my gal was very unwell, he volounteered to drive faster.... After that i regretted why i didnt stop him, cos wat if a accident happened at that time...i will never see my child again or my child wont see me again. Just my 2 cents.

We mus believe our child sure can make it...they will be strong with us around.

OP_Mum, one day I also woke up at 4 am realizing my baby's temperature has shot up to 40 degrees, I was very scared/anxious and called my dad, who told me give medicine and monitor if need be go to hospital first thing in the morning. I fed him nurofen and it came down to 38+ within an hour. Now that I read your story I wonder if I should have rushed to the hospital also but I find that polyclinic/KK love to do blood test on babies which I dun like, prefer to seek pd's advice.

You can read up abt febrile fits in this link:
http://kidshealth.org/parent/general/sick/febrile.html

OPmum,

yeah what caused the high fever? As for fits..i was told bb can have fits a few times...not a problem..just make sure the fit doesnt last for too long...there shdnt be any long term impact on the child...so dont worry...

Just took my name out. Dexter down with fever again fr his jab.

Peekaboo Date

1) edj
2) Gallop
3) Audrey
4) KP
5) Cal
6) Catherine

OPmum, can feel your pain when your bb had the fits. I would have cried also if placed in a similar situation.

OP_mum, did u stock the meds to be inserted thro the anus when bb down w high fever? It works faster than nurofen. Was advised by my PD to keep some just in case.

Yup my colleagues also recommended stocking up suppository to be inserted into the anus in case of high fever, but our babies too young so must half the dosage.

Pravina,

wat???u pay her $10 every sunday? for what?
in the contract, it specifically said no sunday off for them right? so u dont have to pay her mah...did she ask for it or u willingly give her?

thats the problem with many maids if you treat them too well...they will take it for granted...stimes in a dilemma ..cant treat them badly also coz honestly very poor thing lah come all the way here to work away from family but when u try to be nice to them they will climb over your head....

i guess for yoru case, since her attitude is bad, u shd try talking to her and asked if she still want to cont working or not...if not then talk to agent and get her changed lah...i feel life is already so complicated, dont let this maid issue be another...

i changed my previous maid after 4 mths she was with me....she kept forgetting things and dirty...i have to keep reminding her to do 1 simple task...very fruttrating...esp then i just gave birth...so after 4 mths..i told myself enuf is enuf...i spoke to her and finally both of us agreed to change..so i sent her back to the agent..

edj, just replied your sms, think something wrong with my phone, only received your sms.. Ya see you at peekaboo tomorrow, will bring your stuffs plus jacket for Edgar..
Keene woke up, got to go..

OP Mum: Glad to read that your bb got well already. Can really understand your feelings at that point of time. I guess there shdnt be any after effect... Glad that she is doing well now.. Enjoy her growing up process..

Just took Val for a flu jab. Its the 3 in 1 flu jab. Doc say need to take 2 dosage. Hopefully, she doesnt have any fever from this jab.

Sunay took flu jab and pneumoccocal yesterday, had slight fever today also. sigh.

Must go for flu jab number 2 in a month since we travelling in June...

Pinky pink: Sunay took both jabs at the same time? I wanted to as well. But the doc advised me to take the pneumoccocal jab another time if not it will be too tiring for Val.

Op_mum, take care ya, I trust all r well for u n bb now. I can feel for u, my girl oso had fever recently..

eviangirl, yup, both at the same time. From first vac til now i think he always takes 2 jabs per visit to the PD.

Next visit in a month will take flu jab dose 2 and Hep A. Then at 15 mths take chicken pox.

Wow.. thats alot of jab. I think so far Val only takes 1 jab per trip.. Those 5 in 1, 6 in 1 jabs...

Any side effects from the pneumoccal jab? Now I am thinking if I shd bring Val for that jab tomorrow.. Another safety jab before setting off for the trip. Just concern if it will trigger fever...

Next month, she needs to take her flu jab 2 too..

Thanks you mummies for all the caring and sharing, really appreciate for all ur many advices
happy.gif

Hi wendy, thanks for your concern
and yes it happen so sudden that left me feel so helpless. Doctors suspected my girl of dengue, urinary tract infection, stomach flu etc but non of these caused my girl to be so ill. So small, yet have to undergo so many test. I myself also never had that high fever till 41.8, its so scary. In the end doctors only say that it could be virus infection. Then for that few days when her fever finally comes down, she is thus allowed to return home. im so glad that she has since recovered
happy.gif

Hi Cal, thanks for pointing out the danger.
I too regretted my action, but at that point of time, everythings seems slow, journeys long, my baby crying etc and that is enough to makes one do silly things, Guess all mums will become like that ba
happy.gif

Hi ow_mummy, Hi edj
Thanks for the encouragement too. I thought it might be her teething that cause such high fever but doctor never give me a definite answer. After all the possible test, end up only tell us , it maybe virus infection, but not sure of what virus.( im mad with these type of answer) wonder if all doctors like that
sad.gif

Hi powerball, kidzkidz, moo_mum
I never stock up on the insert. Yah, ought to buy some and put in refrigerator just in case. Can i just purchase from any pharmarcy off shelves. Thanks for the thoughts and prayer
happy.gif

Hi eviangal, thanks you for your concern too
happy.gif
I have opt for the 6 in 1 jab for my gal. This coming july she will be taking her (MMR)mums, mealses and rubella jab. Doctor advices me to feed my gal with eggs in case she develop allegy to eggs.

Hi pinkypink, thanks for the concern too. By the way i also considering whether to take chickenpox vaccine for myself and baby. I have not contact it before. Doctor ever advise me to take the vaccine if i still want to ttc, have my second baby coz worry might effect baby if kena.

Hi Yvonne, thanks for your concern too. U must also take good care of ur girl too, fever really is no joke. Hope ur girl recover soon
happy.gif

For me , it's a lesson learnt and It's never easy being a mum
happy.gif
Hip Hip Hurray to all mummies Give urself a pack on ur shoulder. Excellent work, Goodnite Zzz

Back