(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

eviangal, yes, can but do u want the 4oz or 2oz calendular cream?

edj, I think I should be able to make it for the peekaboo, we go for yougurt after that ok?? Haha...seafood again?? No other restaurants ah?

pravina, my hubby's travelling and only back on sat, so it'll be me and isaac for the party:p

Isaac has finally fully recovered, thanks god:p

Gallop, I went back to the robinsons sale with hubby almost like an hour after i reached home lor!:p

audrey, forgot to tell u - I asked the casher reg your pot combo, she said it arrived like at 4pm but all grabbed by customers at the cashier and they din even have a chance to display it. Hubby bought the pressure cooker set from wmf on offer. so i arranged for another delivery on mon:p

Eunice,

i dont know lei..but Edgar has runny nose and cough now..i am going to see PD tomorrow..hopefully he is fine...

KP<

i hope so lah...sian ah...keep falling sick...
anyway, kallang leisure park has a japanese restaurant on the 1st floor...akashabu..dont know nice or not...do u gals want to try?

<font color="aa00aa">hello mummies!!!!
busy busy weekend for me.. now back to planning this sat's baby bash!!!!

OKie.. i'm gonna need final RSVPs by MONDAY, 3rd May 2010,5pm!!!

Catering from Mum's Kitchen and for the S$10.00 per person hi-tea buffet, min pax is 40; total headcount for adults as of now is approx 38!!
will post updated table here soon.</font>

<font color="0077aa">babies/parents who are under the weather, please take care, lots of hydration and speedy recovery!!
hear there is viral flu going around so mummies, please take care!!

Lets hope the appetite issue for our babies is a growing up phase and will pass over soon!!
learning and trying experience for us all</font>

Kris,

i dont know what happened lei...anyway, thanks for the advice.i will try to feed him smaller spoonfull at a time and see how it goes...sigh...

EDJ,
it was okie.. my boy is super shy, clung to me and refused to go meet the folks..
plus started crying when ppl sang happy birthday!!!
but all in all, food was good, cake was good, goodies bags and party favors well-received!!
=)

hi kidz: which gymboree is that?? btw where are the cheri kid outlets? i learn from phillips that as long as its the new batch with serial no. stamped on the cap should be leak free.

lovelytulips &amp; edj: at least ur babies still take in food.. chelsey is rejecting food totally for 2 days liao.. n throughout 1 whole day she only drink less than 200ml of milk...her round face no more liao.. all her chubbiness become soft ...haix..

Edj &amp; eunice: Fever, normally doc will say Viral infection... they r down w fever due to fighting the virus...but this time rd this virus is so strong...to make chelsey so sick...

<font color="119911">owmum,
dats y old ppl always say the fats in bb is built up to be used juz in case they fall sick. its gd that bb eats n drink a lot normalli. but after C gets well again, she will definitely gain back her chubbiness.</font>

Hi all, I'm a may mummy. My gal love barney and I'm wanting to do barney theme for her bd coming sat. I have been searching for barney table cloth and wonder if any mummies have pre-loved to let go or know where to get? If you have other barney stuff e.g party banner, plates, cups to let go or know where to get. Please pm me. Thanks a bunch!!

Hi Pravina, did you receive my PM? Just sent you another one
happy.gif

Seems like a lot of babies are having fever, my baby also went through it last week, fever for 4 days highest 40 degrees! PD said it's viral infection too. After the fever subsided, baby had rash for 1-2 days. Heard from some of my frens that it's called roseola infantum, apparently quite common among babies 6-18 mths of age.

Kidz, my baby also having very bad appetite nowadays, I think it's a phase they are going through as they are more interested in playing and exploring the world now that they are more mobile and independent
happy.gif

Pravina, i sent u my details sometime back regarding e birthday bash. Did u get it?

Ow_mummy, once they recover, the appetite will return. Maybe go back to puree if her throat is sore. Did u get PD to check her throat as if red, they can prescribe throat drops so that is not so painful when bb eats.

powerball, good promo on peekaboo, but the 1 for 1 entry only on 28th May leh! Is Dexter well already? You joining us on wed?

KP, wah! More shopping ahhh.. good stamina! I was so tired after the walk to your house, but at least we save on carpark charges
happy.gif

Peekaboo Date
Date: 5 May 2010, Wed
Time: 12pm? ( are we having lunch at kallang seafood?)

1) edj
2) Gallop
3) Audrey?
4) KP
5) Cal
6) Powerball?

Think the Japanese rest looks quite small, may not be have enough high chair?

powerball, moomum,
i did receive.. will update and post again tmr.

gallop.. dunno i read on FB ... that one of the threads on BP on fitflops is a fake one... as in ppl took monies but no fitflops ordered...
trying to find out which one...

pravina, oic.. wanted to order a pair cos so much cheaper than retail, but was afraid that it's fake so till now haven't order yet.. heng ah!

re avent bottles leaking are those BPA de

i brought back to philips care centre to exchg they chg for me 1 to 1, after that shd be ok le, din hear my MIL complain about leak, they have a way on the bottles to identify the leaking batch,
they say muz receipt but end up also chg for me but say "only for this time". i tell them i oso don hope to hv a "next time" or it means their product are lousy.
hee...

Hi mummies,
need your advice pls. My girl just fell and hit her chin on the coffee table..at first thot it was a light knock but realize that she was bleeding.. There was blood oozing out from the gums of her two front teeth..shld I bring her to see doc now? Or the dentist tmr? Worried that it may have affected the nerves near her teeth..any baby dentist to recommend? Thanks!

moo mum
thanks for sharing the link. my girl's fever subsided yday highest reaching 39.7, frightened the hell out of me! almost wanted to send her to the hospital. but PD said it was throat infection causing it n did not mention roseola. but the thing is, she has some red spots on her temples, neck, back etc. not a lot n not all protruding. she had this b4 her high fever started n PD said it's normal n is associated with fever. but all in all, thank God the kiddos are ok already!

ow_mumm
glad to hear chelsey's fever is gone...im sure she'll get back her chubbiness soon!!

sh...
thank for the info.

edj
good to bring to PD just to make sure i guess. I'm also thinking of bringing N to the PD tmw agn cos of the red spots + she has been a real crier these 2 days. every little thing she cries n feeding her has been a nightmare these 2 days!!!

oh jap restaurant small ah then how? shall we just stick back to kallang seafood then? KP its okay lah...we order diff dishes loh...haha..

Peekaboo Date

1) edj
2) Gallop
3) Audrey?
4) KP
5) Cal
6) Powerball?

Think the Japanese rest looks quite small, may not be have enough high chair?

Eunice,

yes i am brinigng him to the PD tom first thing in the morning....

didnt have mood to pack for my trip which is on the 14 May...

wait till i make sure Edgar is okay then i will start packing...sigh....

Sunay had roseola recently, the fever lasted 3 days and was real high, followed by 2-3 days of rashes. PD told me is quite common too...

Moomum,

so what did the doctor prescribe u?
Has your bb been eating well? i suspect Edgar has sore throat also lei...poor baby....

Roseola usually starts with high fever for a few days then rash? so after fever and 1 week past if still no rash..can we then confirm that its not roseola or it could stretch for very long?

moo mum
my PD said the same thing. she said her throat is v red. then diagnosed as throat infection. was given LEFTOSE for tt n fever meds. Her fever lasted 2 days n was v high but thank God, its gone now. I'm not too sure abt the rash cos after seeing the link, her rash is definitely not like tt.

edj
My girl has not been eating well either. Or shd i say its v hard to feed her. N she keeps crying...last night she cried so much tt she vomitted. poor bb but she definitely felt better after tt. im wondering if im feeding her too much in her condition. but she's only eating half of her usual!! the link says roseola's fever can last up to a wk?

Pravina: tks for all the planning for the bdaebash =)

Ow_mum: Dun worry if Chelsey doesn't eat..that time Kaylene also like this..I checked with PD..she said it's alright..she also din eat anything for 2 days..just latched on and kept on sleeping..cos it was really high fever..but it will take some time for her appetite to recover..

Cal: I'm at sengkang..BTW, hearing that you got multivits for your bb..I tot I should too..ytd I went to Paragon Vitakids and was very lucky to have this lady explain to me..so I bought 2 liquid supplement..one is liquid calcium..since she's not taking milk..she will need this..another one is multivitamins. Think I will stick to this instead of getting over BP cos I realised the dosage on the bottle and what the lady told me is different..cos she says our bb stil very young, so take less.

Pinkypink,

oh okay...then i guess its not roseola then...

Eunice,

for my bb, he only makes lots of noise when i feed him milk...when it comes to porridge, not as bad...though he couldnt really finish his normal servings for the past few days...sigh...he is already so small size....
sad.gif

Mummies,

any of u give bb the cod liver oil? can we give already ah?

edj, i do... beem giving for some months liao... i give the 7 seas multi vitamin syrupo which has 200mg of cod liver oil. Its orange flavoured and sunay drinks it from a spoon.

Moomum,Eunice &amp; pinky: my doc also nv mention to me about roseola at all.. but she almost kana all sickness...Diarrohea as a start, cough n flu,den fever, high fever...den now no more fever liao..end up rashes came...i m jus hoping tt she can faster recover from e flu n cough! n faster start eating well agn... So she will haf the energy to continue walking!

Mummies, glad to know that your babies have recovered from fever (if any).

KP: Got 2oz and 4oz version? I think I take the 2oz then. Cant remember the size of the one i bought from you previously too. need to check.

Peekaboo Date

1) edj
2) Gallop
3) Audrey?
4) KP
5) Cal
6) Powerball?
7) Catherine

A friend just sent me this. Thought I post this up for you info.

Click here to see products: http://www.mcneilproductrecall.com/page.jhtml?id=/include/mpr_ndc_finder.inc

May 1, 2010

Children’s Tylenol and Other Drugs Recalled
By NATASHA SINGER
A unit of Johnson &amp; Johnson has voluntarily begun a recall of certain children’s over-the-counter liquid medicines because of manufacturing deficiencies, the Food and Drug Administration said on Saturday.
The deficiencies may affect the potency, purity or quality of the products, the agency said in a statement. It said it was investigating the plant where the products were made to make sure there were no other problems.
Consumers should stop using certain lots of infants’ and children’s Tylenol, Motrin, Zyrtec and Benadryl products because some of them may contain more of the active drug ingredient than specified, the Johnson &amp; Johnson unit, McNeil Consumer Healthcare, said in a statement late Friday. Other products involved in the recall may contain foreign particles or inactive ingredients that may not meet testing requirements, the company said.
“The particles may be solidified product ingredients or manufacturing residue such as tiny metal specks,” Marc Boston, a McNeil spokesman, said.
McNeil did not undertake the recall because of adverse health reactions to the products, the company said, but it advised consumers to stop using them.
Although the potential for serious medical problems is remote, McNeil said, parents and caregivers should not give the products to children.
The recall involves all unexpired lots of seven products in 43 different flavors and sizes. These include Tylenol Infants’ Drops, Children’s Tylenol Suspensions, Infants’ Motrin Drops, Children’s Zyrtec liquids in bottles and Children’s Benadryl Allergy liquids.
McNeil has posted a full list of the recalled product lots on a dedicated Web site: mcneilproductrecall.com. The recall comes after federal health regulators cited McNeil on Friday morning for manufacturing violations found during a routine inspection at a company facility in Fort Washington, Pa., an F.D.A. spokeswoman said. This is the second major recall this year for McNeil. In January, after receiving reports of moldy smells emanating from over-the-counter medicines made at a plant in Puerto Rico, the company recalled several hundred lots of adult and children’s products. The earlier recall involved certain lots of Benadryl, Motrin, Rolaids, Simply Sleep, St. Joseph Aspirin and Tylenol.
McNeil has a hotline, (888) 222-6036, available 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. Eastern time, Monday through Friday and on weekends from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. But due to high call volumes, a reporter who called the hotline at different times on Saturday was unable to reach a customer service representative. A recorded message directed callers to the company’s Web site and later disconnected. McNeil said it was working to respond to the high call volumes.

edj, my pd didn't prescribe me anything since I told him I have paracetamol at home and nurofen prescribed by GP. He just told me to give paracetamol every four hours round the clock regardless of baby's temperature. Coz viral infection the fever will go up-down and if temperature exceeds 38.5 degrees, give nurofen on top of paracetamol(1 hour apart). He also said to hydrate baby on half hourly basis, force feed with syringe if necessary :p The rash is supposed to be out once the fever subsides, so if there's no rash it could be some other virus causing the fever. Yeap baby's appetite was terrible,only latched on and nothing else, except for some watermelon juice that we fed him. He was also super cranky - was crying and wanted to be carried all the time. Glad that it's over and he's back to his old self again.

Cod liver fish oil - I asked my pd whether it's ok to give and he said after 1 yrs no prob. So i bought and it tastes super yucky! There's no way I can sneak in a few drops to the porridge too, taste too strong!

rash after fever is quite common rite? my boy also have the rash after his fever and it subsided within afew days.

don wanna drink milk could be becos of sore throat. normally it will come after high fever. my boy even lost his voice for afew days.. he was feeling horrible cos he wanted to say something or cry for something but realised nothing came out.

actually what is the dosage for paracetamol and nurofen/bufen? I thought the latter must be taken only when the temperature hits 38.5D and it's abt 4-6 hourly rite? But my GP was telling me to give it alternate every 3 hours. Will it overdose? anyone knows?

moo mum
my ger broke out in rashes this morning!! now im not sure if its roseola... bringing her to see the PD later. thank God i managed to get an appt so late. my girl is also super cranky. keeps crying at every little thing. even when sleeping also will wake up n cry. last night she woke up n smiled at me n played for 5 mins then suddenly cried!!!

kriston
the dosage depends on the baby's wt. My girl is 9kg n dosage is 2.5ml/4 hrs for para. 3ml/6 hrs for nuro. at my PD taught was below 38.5 then para every 4 hrs. if exceeds 38.5 then nuro every 6 hrly. if give para then temp spikes up, give nuro min 1 hr after para. then monitor as nuro's dose. after giving nuro...monitor n if after 3 hrs, temp still high, then give para then 3 hrs after para give nuro agn (para is just in b/w dose) i hope im not confusing u.

kriston
after reading ur post agn...i think ur GP's instruction is the same as my give nuro, 3 hrs later para, 3 hrs later nuro. this is for v high fever...

eviangal, will email u shortly.

gallop, what is this fitflop thing and one for one for peekaboo? I dont want to miss another exciting Healthy times issue, hahaha

Back