(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

Op, gald to knw ur bb is fine now...dun worry too much. U did wat is necessary for her.

Cal, thks for ur advice on the vits. Will get some for my gal n hopefully she takes it
happy.gif

eviangirl: he usually take 6 in 1 and pneumococal together.

I think pneumococal is important and my pd's son had it before and almost didnt make it so i was pro giving it.

i dun think pneumococal jab triggers fever, but its a painful jab. makes sunay cry alot.

Pinkypinky, pneumococal jab triggers fever in some babies. My bb down w fever becoz of this jab n is 2nd time already but the fever is low grade fever. Gave him the jab on mon thinking mon fever will come but turned out it was tues that he came down. So now cannot join other mummies at peekaboo.

OP_mum, i got my suppository fr PD. Why don't u call any PD near ur place and ask if u can buy over the counter. Remember to ask how to use it.

is today outing still on?

for orders that i need to bring for the apr bash, kindly pls PM me directly in case i miss the post
happy.gif

Pinkypink,
did your pd gave his son the vaccine?
if yes, how come get it?

powerball,
i use the wipes when i bring her out.
remember one mummy mentioned b4, her bb kenna during new year eve dinner outside and caused diaroheea. so rather be safe than sorry.

choz,
beside the supplements..most impt is let them have enough sleep. so that it will auto build up immunity.

Kidz,
thanks.
happy.gif

Mummies,
heard from the news that flu thing coming back...
pls take care.

OP_mum,
is really not that easy to be a mummy. *hug Hug*

Peekaboo Date
Date: 5 May 2010, Wed
Time: 12pm (Kallang Seafood)

1) edj
2) Gallop
3) Audrey
4) KP
5) Cal
6) Catherine

Kallang Seafood at which floor?

powerball, so sad, u not joining us today?? then we cant go for yougurt tog!

isaac also just took his 4th dose of pneumococal on sun!

OPmum, such a scary experience, I can imagine, cos when my baby was sick for 2 weeks, I was very worried too! U take care yah? Btw, there's another medicine besides the usual paracetemol u can feed ur baby with if temp goes above 39 degrees.

Hi Chocz, thanks for your concern
happy.gif

Hi powerball, will get from my PD over the weekends . Thanks you
happy.gif

By the way do mummies here have facebook account
My acc is [email protected]

Feel free to add me. oh ya also include ur nicks k. Thanks
happy.gif

news tat my 2 mummies frenz's babies havin fever.. not good news.. when e little ones r unwell.. it hurts ppl who care for them ..
eh everyone pls take care weather these days terrible..

opmum, its called nurofen, my PD gave me one to standby - Its for fever above 39 degrees, he says no need to rush to KK emergency if there is high fever, just take the medicine

KP! Can't go bash coz Jovan fell sick as predicted. Sigh...

Rushed down to SBCC in AMK yesterday night. 39.5deg. No UTI.. so doc says it could be viral infection loh...

Powerball, how do u use the insert? I think might be a good idea to stock up leh.. J was sooo hot yesterday that I had to make a trip down to the doc despite the heavy traffic. He was so weak.. and in pain leh.. I'm glad I did else I wouldn't know the existence of nurofen!!

Then again, trying to get the medicine in and sponging him has been a struggle! Any tricks to get the medicine in?? I've tried milk and syringe. Milk only works during night time or when its milk time. Syringe.. well..success rate really depends on my ability to distract him.. but he is really too fast for me!!

babymum, what happened to jovan? just sudden fever?

all the sbcc docs left and set up a clinic on their own, practically all their patients followed them inc me lor..hahaha..u din follow suit? which doc u seeing at sbcc amk?

for me i use the syringe to measure the amt of medicine then feed isaac using a spoon, so far so good. But i cant feed him direct with the syringe though, he'll voimit.

I understand tat bbies may suddenly develop fever in the middle of the night n oso when bbies have fever, their fever will run very high at night when they sleep..
In any case, u may call me paranoid or watever, whenever I woke up in the middle of the night, I will check on my girl n feel her temp, just in case she has fever, tat's how i discovered her fever few wks ago n when I knew it her fever already at 39.5, it's scary..
When I read op_mum's post, my thought was, if tat night we need to rush my girl to hospital, neither me nor husband can do the driving properly in tat kind of situation..

baby_mummy,
just act nothing and feed him using a spoon.
dun use syringe.
my gal enjoy spoon feeding and for her body langauge can see she wan more...for her medicine and supplment..

KP:just replied u
happy.gif

KP, hehe its been a long long time since I go SBCC. The last PD I saw was Aglow in United Sq. I went to the amk one coz it's the nearest that's opened till 9pm!
Where did Dr Ngiam go?? I hope somewhr near so I can change PD too!! I have not brought J for his 1 yr old assessment leh!!

I dunno what's wrong. But J's daddy suddenly fell very sick on Sunday. Refused to see doc and self medicate loh... Until Jovan fell sick yesterday then he guai guai go see doc!! So it could be passed on from his dad.

kk i will try using a spoon later ;)

Cal, I was about to also ask how u manage to feed the supplements too!!!

But my son very fussy one leh.. for new food, he will taste it first before allowing us to put the food in!! Does Nurofen taste yucky? J seems to dislike it alot!!! I nv manage to get all 4ml in leh... sigh

Mummies, lunch on hor today...\

Cal, kallang seafood is on the top floor...i don tthink u will miss it lah...

Peekaboo Date
Date: 5 May 2010, Wed
Time: 12pm (Kallang Seafood)

1) edj
2) Gallop
3) Audrey
4) KP
5) Cal
6) Catherine

Kallang Seafood at which floor?

babymummy,

i got a reply from sproutbaby guy...he said they r no longer carrying the sprout now doing plum organic food instead....

if u r interested u can email him...he can mix and match for u...

KP, thanks for the info
happy.gif

Baby_mummy, u have to sponge him every 15mins to bring down his temperature. I know this may be tough, coz he definitely will end up crying. Most babies dun like to be sponge. Check tempertaure too every half an hour. Insert is good cause it helps to bring the fever down fast. This is what the nurses do back at the hospital with my little girl
happy.gif
Hope ur boy boy recover soon
happy.gif
will Pray for him
happy.gif

Baby_mummy, i used to feed bb water using syringe plus he seems to like the taste of the meds so pretty heng in this area. Wet the tip of the suppository w a bit water, hold bb down on his side, open up the legs, quickly push the suppository in the anus and then keep ur finger there for a few seconds (if don't keep finger there, it may get pushed out).

U shld get Kidz' recommendation - cooling pillow. I really feel it helps but have to trick bb to sleep on it. I got 2 so that the whole body can lie on the pillows.
KP, i used to go SBCC also for vac but the PD left. U know which clinic did they set up? Btw, the suppository works faster than nurofen so u might also want to stock up. Remember to keep them in the fridge otherwise may melt in the heat.

I also v sad cannot go Peekaboo. Just bought the pikkolo on mon thinking can use today as bb getting too heavy liao. Now the carrier goes back into the box again.

Yvonne, i also paranoid and actually set the alarm on my hp every 1.5 to 2 hrs so that i can wake up to check temp. Btw, at what temp then we shld rush to hospital?

opmum, no worries, just get a bottle from pd to standby
happy.gif

babymum, oh, u used to see dr ngiam too? They are all at gleneagles still! Its at the annex block, its called international child and adolescent clinic. Dr ngiam and all the other doctors from sbcc are all there. Must call to make appt but waiting time is quite short which is good! and he's quite nice, recently went to see him 4 times and each time he charged consultation lower, the last timen being only $20

powerball, dexter still having fever? Is he ok? Seems like falling sick quite often recently. We'll miss his hair pulling, hee

Yep, as mentioned in my previous post, thats where the sbcc docs are:p Still at gleneagles. No to call for appt is 64711077. But usually for his jabs, I go to GPs, unless there's adverse reactions, then i look for PD:p

KP, I like shorter waiting time!!!

I used to see Ong EK but heard that dr ngiam is good but TMC is so much nearer to my pl than glenE. So Ong EK also in gleneagles?? Yesterday's visit set me back by almost $100!! But the good thing is, I'm 3rd in queue lah..

Ya loh SBCC is now part of healthway group and I really don't have a good impression of healthway group. But I like the dr from healthway punggol though heee I even went all the way down to get J's vaccination. But recently the nurses are getting quite blur leh.. so I might switch to somewhere more convenient once I finish all the vaccination package.

<font color="119911">Powerball:</font> We eat out often so I use lotsa alcohol wipes to disinfect high-chairs, e table surface in front of them (coz they'll drop their spoon there, etc). Also use alcohol wipes 2 disinfect supermkt trolleys (B1 luvs pushing e kiddy-size ones @ CS). Oh &amp; diaper-changing stations o/s -- MUST disinfect. Alcohol wipes has strong smell bt dissipates &amp; evaporates fast so disinfecting is quickly done. I use antiseptic wipes 2 clean their hands &amp; face -- esp if strangers "molest" them!!!! W two kidz I end up using a lot lor. Datz why I'm reordering. I reserved 20pkts of alcohol wipes 4 myself during Feb order &amp; now I onli hv abt 6pkts left.

Y'day I was organising my household supplies cupboard. I took the alcohol &amp; antiseptic wipes 2 put on flr 1st. Later when I put them back in I felt something amiss -- seems less pkts than I took out. Guess wat? Bastion was "helping" me by taking &amp; throwing in2 a box I had on a shelf! I realised he was practising his basketball moves - I had bought a small hoop &amp; attached w suction cups 2 sliding door so now &amp; then he'll go throw the basketball in -- exactly same move he was doing 2 throw e pkts of wipes in2 e box on e shelf. Prob he was practising 4 Youth Olympics
wink.gif

Mummies,

re: suppositories...i actually feel voltaren is really good and effective in bringing down fever...u can try checking with your PD at your next visit...

KP, today like ok but think not bringing him out. I think i will join you guys for lunch but u all don't be late hor as i have other errands to run after that. Keep a seat for me!

He more or less stopped pulling his hair liao. Hahaha... now he imagines he receives calls n has "conversations". TV controller, his blocks, etc all have become his phone.

<font color="0000ff">KP:</font> Cfm got stock 4 e Thomas Train toothpaste? Also do u stl hv bundle offer for Calendula Cream min. 3 bottles purchase izzit? Helping my fren order.

babymum, i dont remember seeing ong ek there leh..only remember there's a william, yy yip or something and more..try dr ngiam lah, he's good
happy.gif

powerball, u want me to bring ur stuff today then? bring dexter lah!

kidz, thomas just went oos, back in stock either tom or 2 days time. Fruit splash in stock though. Nope, no more as CB raised prices, its now at 18.5 each for 2oz

edj, u better not last min not come hor!:p

What is it abt the 1 week at JG? We discuss with Gallop later k:p

feeding med
spoon is good. i use stringe to feed as well. But i do not feed med directly. First, i will feed him with water using stringe. After that with med. Water can be given in between feeds of med if you want. He does not struggle as much as being fed with med immediately and all in one shot.

OP mum
glad your bb is fine now. If it's me, i would be so anxious and scared. I think i would be a mad woman shouting at the driver. Also, couldnt care much abt safty but juz wanna reach the hospital asap so that bb will be attended to immediately.

marie, yes, i did, emailed u ald, pls check
happy.gif
low on stocks for apple snacks, so will reserve upon funds transferred
happy.gif

so sori for the late reply..almost forgot abt the april mummy's bash .. I will be there..hope am not to late..

Pravina - if its not to late, i will transfer the $$ to u ASAP. only for me n my gal
happy.gif

my gal also got the fever - sad thing is she got it the same day when she turned 1
sad.gif
.. but she got better within 2 days.. thank GOD!

Babymum,

My baby's PD also Ong EK at SBCC Thomson, always went to see him since was assigned by my gynae since birth, but I noticed that he always rushed me during the consultation, so I change to other PD under Pediatric, but lately I want to jab my baby for the pneumococcal, then the nurse told me that he has moved to Mt Alvernia, and the waiting time there is like 2 hours as usual. Maybe you could look for him at Mt Alvernia but not sure what clinic is he under.

Just something to share, I guess my baby got his viral infection from his Thurs class at JG, coz after the class he's very different, then I noticed he has higher temperature than normal on Thurs night and also Fri night. The worst was on Sat morning, he refused to take shower, drank very little milk, and that afternoon was his birthday celebration. Thank God, he still could entertain the guests, but very inactive unlike his usual pattern. He also vomited during his party after I fed him banana. Once we reach home, he still refused to drink his milk. And after his dinner, he had diarrhea for 3 times in about 2 hours interval and vomited all his porridge. I quickly rushed him to KKH A&amp;E, waited there from 10 til near 2 AM. I would say the medication given is not really good, as the diarrhea continued til yesterday. They did not even ask me to convert his milk to soya based milk. Yesterday my son had diarrhea again for like 3 times in 2 hours, brought him to PD and he gave him prebiotics, hope this will help him recover, but he has lost 1 kg over the past few days.

Any idea how to avoid all these viruses?? it's really heart-aching to see them being weak and unable to eat as much as they required.

Kiston, Thanks, my girl is fine now. Well at the very least, i'll be all prepared if such incident will to happen again:0)

Nowadays, the whether very humid, i let my girl drink plently of plain water and home brew barley water. Also, i reduce the amount of milk powder coz too heaty le(4):)

Yenz,

ai yoh Poor Z...
i dont think u can prevent these viruses lei...its in the air...so i guess th best bet is to help build up our bb immunity as high as possible so that they wont fall sick so easily lor...

Hope Z can recover soon...ytd, the class only has 7kids. In the pool, there were only 2 bb in each pool..so sad...
sad.gif

Edj,

Last week it was also the same only 8 babies max in the class, most babies were not feeling well...I think tmr will still not be able to go for class I asked for 1 week MC, coz I think best is to let him rest and fully recovered coz JG also have rising case of HFMD. Our babies need strong immune system so they wont get any of these viruses.

powerball: is it? Hmm, maybe then sunay's fever after vac was from pneumococal... cuz PD told me he will likely get mild fever from the flu shot...

Cal: That time pneumococal vac was very rare, like 4-5 years back... so PD hadnt given to his son. so kana lor. But hear his story very heart pain, i read his story in Mother and Baby to advice mummies to give the jab and he shared with us also cuz i was a little hesitant about giving bb so many jabs...

good morning mummies, sorry to interupt. I'm a 2008 mummy and i have a gently used Little Tikes Wide Tracker walker to sell that is excellent when ur child is learning to take his first steps.

Thanks for reading!

Product Description
Used only indoors. Condition is 9/10.

Collection at Bedok, Alexandra. Can provide free delivery if needed. Pls call or text me at 9029 7390 if u are interested.

Asking for S$30. Retailing brand new ard S$50.

The Wide Tracker Activity Walker provides a special delivery of fun. It has a wide handle and stable base which make it easy to walk behind. The textured wheels with speed adjustments help prevent slips and tumbles. It folds for floor play for a younger baby, and then opens into a walker when the child grows. The walker has lots of stimulating skill activities including a spinner, a sliding bee, a clicking caterpillar and butterfly. The three "letters" drop into the mail slot or store behind the two flip down doors.

Measures approximately 15.85" x 18" x 17."

Back