(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

<font color="0000ff">Carter's Sale:</font> Dint go diz AM coz backache &amp; heavy rain. My fren updated me dat itz nt as gd as last yr - less variety. She cldn't find much 4 her 1YO boy.

<font color="119911">Pampers Active Twin Pak Promotion @ Cold Storage:</font> Bought L60 for B2 juz now. Itz around $42.65 for twin paks - today's last day of promotion tho...

<font color="0000ff">Jean:</font> No more sale for me liao. I had 4gotten diz Sat B1's CC got Charity Fair &amp; so I dint contribute anything. Now last min. rush - 2mr AM I'l rush 2 Chinatown 2 pick up craft supplies &amp; churn out wat I kan e.g. hairclip hangers, pacifier clips... Save $ fr sale as seed $ for raising funds 4 victims of e typhoon earlier diz yr... Dan PM stay home 2 wait for Ralph Lauren spree items 2 arrive... 2mr sure gotta burn midnite oil tho...

<font color="ff0000">Charity Fun Fair on Sat, 10am-2pm:</font> If any1 got some x &amp; $ 2 spare diz Sat, go support. Itz @ Level 3 of e NTU Alumni Club @ Slim Barracks Rise (off One-North Gateway whc is between MOE &amp; Portsdown Road). I'm manning a stall. Fair's outside e Yunnan Restaurant - whc I think currently has 50% discount on crabs bt nt sure applicable 2 wat timing...

updates on carter sales:

regret going....nothing to buy at all for bb boys.....bb girls got some nice clothes @ $4 - $7......not much variety really.....

Went Carter's sale at 4plus in the afternoon, nice weather cos the rain had just stopped and there wasn't much of a crowd. Managed to get 10 pieces of rompers and dresses for my girl and another 8 pcs for my friend, 3 for $10 only, super duper cheap!
happy.gif

Agree that not much variety for boys, not worth the travelling, illegal parking and squeezing with the crowd.

Isetan sale at Shaw
saw long Q's forming outside on the way to work. n the mrt was unusually crowded. heard tat there r some good deals for quilt n stuffs. mummies who r free can consider goin
happy.gif

kidz,
so creative ah. hehe. sorry i can't support d event coz this sat i gotta force myself to see gynae for f/u. hate seeing drs!
sad.gif

mummies,
any of u use playpens at home? juz wonder how practical is it? n is it safer than playmat?

i understand tat graco playpen can cost easily $200+. any other brands u'd recommend?

hb n i r considering buying. i tot another playmat wld b more useful but he's for the playpen idea.

gallop, i thought there is priority if siblings are ex students? i am thinking of putting him on a confirmed seat on nursery now, session 2 cos it secures him a place in kindergarten there:p Their lease expires 2014 btw.

I went to carter's sale yest too, selection not that great for boys but still ok lah
happy.gif
Nothing to complain cos of the price..hee

HI Jean,

I have a play pen at home and play mat... both is for different usage.. Play pen can keep baby inside , is good when u want to go to toilet or take something for a short while.. as for playmat, u will need to see him all the time, as he had the freedom to crawl about. Thanks

Jean,

actually i like playpen..i have 2 at home...in fact my bb sleeps in in at nite...i was told by a mummy who has 2 kids to buy playpen instead of cot...and i totally appreciate her recommendation...its really good..u wont worry about him when he is in there...

i dont know about playmat..but i feel its definitely not as safe and u have to be there to look after your bb he may roll down the playmat and knock on the floor rite..it may not be harmful but why risk it...

jean, depends on whether your bb can be keep in playpen....my boy wont wan to be confine in a playpen. so playpen is useless.....now in the store....

Jean
If $ and space not a matter for you, then easier for u to decide
happy.gif

I have a cot for my gal to sleep, during day time, she can stay in the cot quite a while, est > 30mins but < 1 hour. I feel tat bb out grown things very fast, once they r able to crawl and walk, they r happier to explore around rather being keep in a restricted area
happy.gif

Anybody going to Isetan sale? I wanna tompang buy the u-like handheld food processor...tdy additional 10%. Please let me know? Thanks!

Audrey,
Yeah you are right, not much time to do shopping during term time, plus not much sales too! =p

MNG Sale
Those mummies who like MNG clothes can check out their sale before the sizes are gone. Went Aeon Tebrau City at JB on Wed and MNG at Isetan Marine Parade yesterday, a lot of ladies are grabbing MNG clothes! MNG clothes are slightly cheaper at the JB outlet of course.
happy.gif

Hi Mummies, any of you have started feeding cheese to your lil' one? I'm wondering which type of cheese is suitable for babies at this age. Thanks in advance.

Re: Bb cot/Playmat

I have bb cot, playmat and a toddler bed (those fr Carrefour/or u see at pasar malam). Agree that they have diff usage.

But i find for sleeping in the living room, toddler bed is the most useful as when bb older, can still use and can move it around easily + bb can play in it. However, still have check on them as the barrier is very low. For extra safety, i sometimes place the sponge mats around the toddler bed. My bb cot is now used to keep all the baby toys for easily access in the living room.

Sh,

actually for fish, i heard u can give cod and this fish called ngo her..in hokkien..dont know what is it in english...heard from my aunty lah..

Re: cheese..i am actually very confused also..i read u can give cottage or chedar cheese..but i saw that all cheese contains salt lei..is that okay?

For #1, I gave threadfin...ngo her can go wet market &amp; ask the vendors...just ask them bb eat wat fish...ngor her better than cod fish...cos I find cod fish a bit thick n difficult to mash...

For cheese, there's this "Laughing Cow" brand just for bb one...think dun have salt...but difficult to find. I found in Jason Market @ City Hall...

Hi Sh... I've started Chloe on Ngoh he (threadfin fish). But must cook with meat, if fish alone, I find it too fishy. =)

thanks all....oh, so ngoh he is threadfin fish....trying to know the english name so that go ntuc can buy....hee.....trying to start fish soon....
happy.gif

catherine, laughing cow cheese???? saw at ntuc leh....don know izz the same as u say....

Sh...I remember it's several red circular small pcs bundled within a "net"...not the triagular one tat we usually eat....let me try to find a pic

Mummies who gave prunes, did u give those sun dried ones? Realized tat those contain preservative. Is there such thing as preservative free prunes in the market?

Dear mummies,

I have the following sample to let go. Pls PM me if interested.

1.Mamil gold step 2, 400g, exp 17 mar 2010 + $3 off voucher, selling at $8.
2.Similac stage 2, 400g, old formula, exp 12 Dec 2010, selling @ $10.
3. Simiac stage 2, 400g, advanced formula, exp13 June 2011, selling @ $10.

Self collection at Hougang. Thank you.

hi,

i just bot colby cheese...i will try it tomorrow and let u all know..
it was one of the recommended cheese for bb from the wholesomebabyfood website...

hi ladies, anyone keen to bring your babies for classes like music, etc during weekdays?:p We can go tog! Powerball?

I tried the pasta stars again yest. This time I added homemade tomato sauce, brocolli, potato, pork and some cheese. Those mozarella chesse that we adults take. She eats it still. but I find the pasta a bit lumpy and hard. Not sure how to cook the pasta. She eats it probably because of the sauce which tastes pretty good.

However, because of the hard and lumpy pasta, I had to throw quite a lot away. =(

Another failed attempt. Need to try again next time.

Eviangal, that's seems like a big and delicius meal for Baby V. Maybe you can puree the pasta stars with some water to help her, so it will be more soggy?
I am sure the sauce will taste delicious with so many types of veggies.. and cheese.

Hi,

may i know which brand of playmat is better? LG or Parklon? any major diff?i am thinking of getting one.
size wise, which one would u recommend?

Eviangal,

how old is your baby? u started feeding tomato already ah?
your recipe really sounds very yummy..even i feel like eating it..hehe...i just bought cheese for bb yesterday...will try later...

am thinking of making some ch and vege stock for him tomorrow..
when u intro vege like ginger, onion celery do u follow the 4 days rule?
thnking of makig celery stock...

Hi edj, LG is better than Parklon in terms of quality. Some say it's firmer and the embossed pattern is better than parklon too.

Size depend on your needs, personally I fell 2100 X 1400 and above would be better.

KP, don't mind but need to find one that matches bb's wake times. I tried kindermusik and actually wanted to sign up but the timing was not right.

Back