(2009/04) April 2009 MTBs

P.seed,
Aiyo, the world is so small :p yes yes yes once we are
happy.gif
You know Audrey 1st or Patrick 1st? You when to their shop? I remember last visited them at Holland V was last year around Jul!

hi Eunice,
dun envy me…gotta give up on luxury stuff to be a sahm leh…

hi eviangal,
thanks for the recommendation. where can i get iplay brand swim diaper?

hi jasJ,
i can help you to order playmat from the BP organizer that eviangal recommended. think i have KC$10 that can be used to offset the purchase.

mummies,
anyone uses the wean machine? can use steam sterilizer to sterilize?

<font color="666600">jes.goh: Welcome!!! No worries about not starting ur bb on semi solids. Most of us here only started when bb turn 6mths.

LovJ: U r welcome. Which part of Yishun u stay? Cos I'm gg to Yishun Central(Blk 930-near shop &amp; save) on wkend.(still cant decide sat or sun)</font>

Sunbeam: You can get from BP, I think some BP organisers got sell. About $12 per piece. If not, you can check out kidzloft. They might have some left. Going at clearance price. Less than $10 per piece.

KP: Is my cream here yet?

Ow Mummy: Thanks for the info. Didnt know the puree can keep for 3months. Always try to clear within 2 days. Now I can be rest assured to prepare more and keep longer.

eviangal, sorry, missed out your message earlier! Nope, shipment on the way ald, will take abt 2 weeks. Let u know once its here k?

hi girls,

anyone there using nuk bpa-free bottles? or any bpa-free bottles to recommend? im thinking of switching from tommee tippee but im not sure what to switch to. also cant seem to find nuk bpa-free bottles - anyone can tell me where to get? thanks!

hi,

i ordered my tub with neck float from some recent bp for $66. i preferred the transparent type to the opaque type that mambo has. i also thought its preferred not to expose your kid to chlorinated water at a young age, thus it may be better to invest in your own tub if you can.

also anyone has a good website to share wrt weaning? i think im one of the few mummies who have yet to wean their lil one... any good rice cereal brands to recommend?

pravina
oh
happy.gif
then will be far way from there
happy.gif

tot of looking for mummy that stay near there can help me to some collection :p
thanks!

when can give fish/ chicken/ beef/ cheddar cheese eh?

read annabel karmel, all these are intro in 7-9mth period?

DTSmummy,
You are not alone, I have yet to wean bb E, but will start on this weekend only rice cereal, n till end of this month. Next month onwards, reaches 6months old then will start some other puree.
Usually I prefer cereal from Heinz, but no idea why this product was call off from the shelves, so have to explore other brand - HealthyTimes!

<font color="666600">DTSmummy: NUK BPA-free bottles are wide neck bottles. U can find them easily at Kiddy Palace.

Audrey: I have spare Heinz Rice Cereal. If u want prob I can sell u 1-2 box.
happy.gif

Leereiner: I'm only planning to introduce poultry &amp; fish from 9mths.
happy.gif
</font>

pravina, have u checked through your customisation details? The rest have replied to go ahead..let me know asap pls
happy.gif

Yep, i managed to get the romper but i think not very nice leh, the pic looks much nicer:p

Hi Marie.. I live in Khatib area.. blk 871, but is ok for me to go down to yishun..

Is already to my convenience if i can collect from Yishun... Thanks

Let me know . both days , I fine as well.

Hi..

Not to worry. I also just started weaning rice cereal last week only..

But I think my baby J is allergy to the cereal. Now.. Always red red on his face? Any recommendation what should I do?

Now only eating Heinz rice cereals..

<font color="aa00aa">KP,
i been emailing Angela directly; made some changes but all is good...sorry ah.. thot you said email her directly so din confirm with you..</font>

<font color="0077aa">oh the tux dun look nice ah?? yeah, would hv to look at babies wearingthe tux to know whether its nice or not...hmm have to reconsider then.. but the link got nice stuff right?? i itchy hands already!!
=P</font>

oh ok, great pravina, din know u have liased with her direct! will get her to proceed on all the orders then! in the end hor, i purchased 6 towel sets myself for christmas gifts loe:p

<font color="666600">LovJ: U stay at Blk 871! Oh my...I used to stay at Blk 875. LOL.

Pravina: Dun mind can u post the link again?

Thanks!</font>

Just thinking about the Xmas shopping I have to do gives me a headache...

Gals, I know this is a bit early.. but can you please point me to any BPs which I can purchase in bulk for Christmas pressies for kids between 1 to 6 years old?
I have like to buy a min of 16 kiddo gifts..

KP, good idea to purchase those personalised towels as Xmas gifts.. if I have not other better ideas, I might want to do the same :)

joie, if u want to order them as xmas gifts, must include in this order leh,cos i asked her and she said no bulk purchase price ald if i order later, thats why i ordered now:p

Anyone interested in getting this toothbrush set for your babies?

Baby Orajel Tooth and Gum Cleanser, Mixed Fruit - 0.7 Oz

3080476.jpg

* Removes plaque-like film
* Safe to swallow
* Fluoride-free
* Gentle, non-foaming
* Soft finger toothbrush
* For babies 4 month &amp; older
* Pediatrician and pediatric dentists highly recommend that parents clean babys teeth and gums every day
* Sugars in formula, juice and other foods can build up a plaque-like film
* Cleaning the teeth and gums at an early age is important for promoting a lifetime of good oral hygiene
* Made in USA
* Helps remove plaque-like film for cleaner teeth and gums

I have checked with the BP organiser on bulk purchase price. This is what she is offering:

1 - 9 pcs - $8 each with FOC normal postage
10 - 14 pcs - $7.70 each with FOC normal postage
15 - 19 pcs - $7.50 each FOC normal postage / registered postage to 1 location
Anything over 20 pcs - $7.20 with FOC normal postage / registered postage to 1 location

Add your name to the list if keen:

1. eviangal

LovJ, your baby is allergic to cereals?
Maybe you can try avocado or sweet potatoes and stop the cereal for a few days?

Go back to the cereal after trying out avocado or sweet potatoes?

Hi all,

Also an april mummy, just started my boy on cereals 2 weeks ago.

Just wondering, how do all of you feed your babies? I've tried the rocker, bumbo seat, and must admit it's really messy!! :p

thanks audrey, lovj, marie

another couple of questions: did u girls buy plastic cutlery for your lil one when weaning? if so, where do you get them, especially bpa-free ones... also, what do u use for baby gum/tongue-cleaning? thought there was some brand called first teeth or sth...

Mummies, just to share:

Free samples

friso : http://www.friso.com.sg/
(their website is under construction so you will have to call them and ask for samples). alternatively, you can email them at [email protected].

enfa : https://sg.meadjohnsonasia.com/main.cfm/country/Singapore
(you can sign up FOC as a member and choose which sample you want them to send to you.)

dumex : http://www.dumex.com.sg/
(you can sign up FOC as a member and choose which sample you want them to send to you.)

smilac : http://www.abbott.com.sg/family/freesamples/freesamples.asp

s-26 / promil : no website to get free samples from but you need to call them at Phone 65-6733-7666
and request for a free sample.

Nestle : website doesnt have option to request a free sample online so you need to call them at 6836 7000 and request.

Heinz : no website so need to call them at 63471700 for a free sample.

huggies : http://www.huggies.com.sg/

Goon : http://www.diapers.com.sg/help.php?section=freesample
(sign up as a member and they will send you a sample of your choice FOC)

Mamy Poko : http://www.mamypokoclub.com/frmMemberLogin.aspx?page_from=memdefaut
(sign up as a member and they will send you a sample of your choice FOC)

fitti / petpet : 6861 9155

Drypantz / DrypersDiaper : 1800 466 3002

Mamypoko / Pull Up PantsDiaper :6265 1648

eunice: its ok to store puree mixed w milk as wriiten on e books or all e other sites tt i read on making puree, but then most ppl don do tt.. btw if u do add milk n mix den store in bb cube? hw many cubes u give bb?

hi hi,
anyone went to the toy sale at No1.Lok Yang Way? is it worth going?? not sure to go or not ..need to cab it and kinda ulu for me...

Nestle roadshow
Join us at our first ever Start Healthy Stay Healthy ™ roadshow in selected Cold Storage and Shop’n’Save’ outlets during the weekends of October!

Enjoy our exclusive offers, with $30 purchase of Nestlé Nutrition products!

*Date Venue Time
10 Oct &amp; 11 Oct Compass Point Cold Storage 2 p.m to 5 p.m
17 Oct &amp; 18 Oct Tampines One Cold Storage 2 p.m to 5 p.m
24 Oct &amp; 25 Oct North Point Cold Storage 10 a.m to 1 p.m
24 Oct &amp; 25 Oct Causeway Point Cold Storage 2 p.m to 5 p.m
31 Oct &amp; 1 Nov Westmall Shop ‘n’ Save 2 p.m to 5 p.m

Activity Highlights:

• One-to-one advice and tips on nutrition and weaning by our Nutrition Advisors
• Nestle weaning food sampling and treats

<font color="0000ff">RE: Baby Orajel Tooth and Gum Cleanser, Mixed Fruit - 0.7 Oz</font>

* Safe to swallow
* Fluoride-free
* Gentle, non-foaming
* Soft finger toothbrush
* Pediatrician and pediatric dentists highly recommend that parents clean babys teeth and gums every day
* Cleaning the teeth and gums at an early age is important for promoting a lifetime of good oral hygiene
* Made in USA

I have checked with the BP organiser on bulk purchase price. This is what she is offering:

Anything over 20 pcs - $7.20 with FOC normal postage / registered postage to 1 location

1. eviangal
2. powerball

RE: Baby Orajel Tooth and Gum Cleanser, Mixed Fruit - 0.7 Oz

* Safe to swallow
* Fluoride-free
* Gentle, non-foaming
* Soft finger toothbrush
* Made in USA

1. eviangal
2. powerball
3. Pravina
4. Pravina

<font color="119911">Re: Heinz off shelf

i checked with my fren who is workin inside and got the below reply, hope it clears your doubt:

The 1st Rice Cereal is temporary unavailable due to a labeling issue that will take about 6 month to rectify as this concerns an amendment of the packaging and reprinting process.

On shelf now we are having two other cereals. Alternatively you can also try Heinz Farley’s Rusks and Heinz Biscotti that can be crashed and mix with milk formula that taste really good. There are also plans to put on shelf three other variant of Heinz Biscotti between Dec ’09 and Jan ’10 period.</font>

ow_mummy
I only give 2 oz per feed. But i think she wants more. but since new food, i'm giving her only 2 oz per feed. im giving her juice as well 2 oz a day cos she having slight constipation.

RE: Childcare
What's a "suitable" age to send kids there? any recommendation for good childcare @ Sengkang/Buangkok?

<font color="119911">eunice,
min. age for childcare is 18mths, anything younger will b infant care. u tinkin of sending ur gal? cant comment much on childcare in sk/buangkok coz i send my to Punggol, but i noe F*I*H is reli bad.</font>

kris
yeah thinking of sending her... ur girl goes to punggol one? whats the arrangement like? ohhh i heard abt tt f**** one too!!! n thanks for checking on the rice cereal for us.

Marie
can sell me ur extras? or now u wanna "stock up"??

Marie
when is the expiry? i dun mind 2 boxes cos she finishes 1 box in less than 1 mth. plus she doesnt seem to like the healthy times brown rice cereal =( what apple juice?? u getting rid of stock ar? i want apple-prune.

<font color="119911">eunice,
kelly goes to carpe diem, its got veri gd environment. the onli childcare resort in spore. all centres operated frm 7am - 7pm, u can choose half or full day but basically i send her for full day coz i got more free time, sometimes i send her after bfast at 10am n pick her up ard 4pm. but if u r working, it will b seaier to send full day.</font>

Dunno why isaac is having rashes on his face also, started on his neck but now seems like cheeks also have, like very small ones...any babies experienced it before and anything to recommend to apply?

Eunice... I'm intending to put my girl at the infant care at our place (Faith) here as well.

There are 2 actually, one across the other road (but I don't really like that one). I find the one near our place pretty good. If you need more details, let me know, cos I've already visited and enrolled my girl for it.

Kris, dun think its food allergy bah, cos the rashes only on the neck and lower cheeks, they are those tiny tiny ones, like from far cant see kind. Recovered from fever yes, he had fever last week.

Back