(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

im thinking of going to lok yang...today.
What's the actual address?
happy.gif

Regarding Happy bellies cereal, there's a spree going on here in Singaporemotherhood now. Can check it out.

sunshinebb..

i forgot how much i bought from BP liao. Need to go check again though.

sure.. do sms me..its much faster for me to get message.. i might not be able to read ur post from here.

ah yes those goin lok yang sale pls bring along wet wipes. after looking thru the stuff n touching the boxes, my fingers were black!!! and bring along your own AA batteries(at least 3) to test the toys... yesterday they didnt have batteries to test... they said if anything wrong cn go back to exchange... but for those staying far, doubt u will wana travel all the way back to change right? =P luckily my stuff working fine ... phew

Lenny, I don't mind getting a coupon, thanks!

Thanks to all for feedback on bathtime. A used to love playing in the water but since my inflatable bathtub got a puncture, we've been using the adult tub and she seems to get grumpy all the time even though we can see she still loves the water. Bought CB bubble bath to make it more fun but she screamed at me as I was filling the bath. Then it finally dawned on me that she's afraid of the tap!!
When we used to bath her in the inflatable tub, I would get it ready and then bring her in the bathroom so she never heard the gush of water running in the bath. Silly mummy, at least mystery is solved and she can hopefully enjoy bath time again.

Been thinking of potty training but it's hard as she does it in the mornings at infant care. Hmm.

Oh, must share that I went to view a new pre-school near my area. It's The Odyssey Global pre-school, 3rd in a chain of Odyssey pre-schools. It's the first eco-friendly pre-school in Singapore. Looks like an empty shell right now as it's brand new but they have a gorgeous space with lots of greenery. Highlights- a music garden, puppet theatre, interactive projection screen, 1 english and 1 mandarin teacher per group of students for the whole day. Waiting to view the school again when it's up and running and may send her there beg 2011. School fees are nose bleedingly expensive, $1600 before subsidy for full day, $1300 for half day.

Just called JG @ Forums for trial class. they said Playnest is full for the new term. dun know true ot not. anyway.. booooooo =(

P. Seed

Yeah i wanna potty train my boy too, but he's in nursery full time. Think it's easiest if you're SAHM and have the energy to catch them when they look like they wanna go. Esp as my son doesn't poo at the same time or number of times everyday. Sigh. Just keep telling myself that he'll get potty trained sooner or later...

The preschool sounds cool. Most importantly hopefully the staff are competent - that's what you're paying the money for :D

Donroxx..

trials is possible when a baby/ toddler is not coming for a class..

for us.. its normally insider news.. hehe..

P.seed.
Got your message.. will reserve one for you and pass it to you during gymboree?

Mommies..i only have 1 coupon left..

P.seed.

The Pre-school u mentioned is having an open house today.. i kinda missed it. bleh.. My gf went and told me she is impressed but the price is really steep though.

P.seed, so sweet of you. I'm very poor on handicraft
sad.gif

Jo,
Ryker has his porridge 2 - 3 times a day + 210ml milk every 2-3 hrs after porridge. Sometimes, we give him eat/suck the 'cai xin' stalk.. he enjoy biting it.

How's bb Jo? Getting better

Hi Mummies,

Since 8 months, we already potty train Ryker.
Now, becomes a habit that 1st thing in the morning he wakes up, we'll carry him sit onto the potty to wee wee + poo poo. During the day, he still wearing the clothes type, so every 1/2hr & after each meal, we'll carry him to potty to wee wee. Of course, sometimes, he don't like to sit on the potty, but no choice has to force him to wee... sure have. Btw, I'm using the old & simple type of potty(the one we use during young). Now, we begin to train him stand to wee at the bathroom to wee... hee..hee... he is a boy must learn to stand to wee.

Hi mummies,

Anyone interested to take over my mamil step 3? 1.6kg tin (exp 2012) + 800g (exp Sep 2010) tin. Both unopened. Selling coz not suitable for my bb. Selling at $50. Collection at Sembawang or Woodlands. Thanks!

Sun,
re Egg:
I let Vera tried egg yolk (hard boiled one) first at 10 month old. No sign of allergy but she didn't like the egg( she gave me the 'yackie' look when I feed her the egg yolk >_<). Then in the next attempt I let her try egg white too, also hard boiled one. Since then she has been eating food with egg contain e.g. Hot Cake from Mac, her Bday Cake (with cream removed). We were told to let her try egg before the MMR jab at 15 months as the jab got egg contains.

Pumpkin,
re Bathtub,
Vera's still using her bb bathtub during bathing time.

Question: Flu Jab for bb b4 traveling?
To mummies who already brought or planning to bring your little ones for traveling, did you give your little ones the flu jab before the trip? Need some advise. Hee... Thanks!
happy.gif

wondering if any of your babies get extra sticky if you spend more time with them... to elaborate a bit more, when im on leave, i tend to have kirs with me 24/7... she will stick to me.. if i walk away frm her, she wil come after me crying... -_-" but on normal days, when i come bk frm work, i will tk ovr frm my mum... then play with her... bathe her... give milk then put her to bed... on wkends when i have her 24/7 she is also okie leh... but i realise when im on leave.. even if only for 1 day, she tends to get really manja with me... any of your babies like that too???

ah yes.. jus to share also.. ran out of meat for kirs's dinner.. so i ended up making porridge with carrot n egg(whole egg)... i was literally trying not to eat her food la! it tasted really yummy!!! hahaha! its really not bad.. cn try it.. hee!

lizy
icic... i'll let him try out, hopefully he likes it and most important no allergy to it... ^_^

missy
u juz mix all n cook together right? i ate b4 porridge w egg only... i'll cook the porridge first, when it almost ready i'll mix the egg to it then serve... realli taste yummy

re Jovin's fever
last week was a nightmare for me as well as bb Jo. Tues nite started to hav fever. brought him to c doc, given the paracetamol &amp; antibiotic, next day, face &amp; body with rashes, brought him to another family clinic. de doc said he is allergy to de antibiotic called "amoxycillin". being given another antibiotic, paracetamol &amp; a rashes medicine. cried very seriously in de midnite every 1hr. the next day,no more fever but rashes all over his face, tummy, back and ard penis area, all red red one..so shocked!! called up de family clinic &amp; being asked to go back for her to check..de doc said he is totally allergic to antibiotic. ask me to stop giving him and let him recover himself.

am so worry now..how can he allergy to antibiotic which is most useful to defend the virus/sickness?? will he allergy to antibiotic for de rest of his life??
sad.gif

jo,
If his fever is already off. Maybe its heat rash after the fever, don't be too worry about it as long fever not back confirm its the fever heat rash. My boy have rash so often until we're so use to it liao, he even admitted to hospital once coz PD thought he allergy to paracetamol but its not, its actually some virus attack which cause his whole body with red rashes all over his face body and back. At 1st we thought he allergy to food or drug, but after observing we find that its not the food or drug he took, just that his body got auto heat when weather change. So what we did is to clean him with warm water and apply aleo vero gel to his body and put him in cool air condition and his rash just disappear.

Jasmine,

i hope so is wat u said..hopefully is the heat rash due to fever.he nvr had any rashes b4..this time is 1st time &amp; so serious..the rashes is so red, dense&amp;numerous..i c him like so suffer until i wanna cry also..

Wintertime,

he is better le..this morning c him, the rashes not so red &amp; he sleeps well last night from 9pm, only wake up once at 2am for milk till this morning 7.30am..guess its bcos too many nights don have good sleep..me too!! so today not only monday blues..but monday sleepy monday to start the week!!

piggy,

ur boy so discipline &amp; clever ler..will inform u if he wans to wee or poo..bb Jo still poo in his diaper..he is taking 2porridge a day and 180ml of milk every3-4hrs..

re Bathing
bb Jo still bath in his bathtub..i still carry him to wash his hair..hmm gotta buy a anti slip mat to bath for him uunder the shower just like sunshine..

re Eggyolk
had tried given egg yolk and egg white to bb Jo but in small amt..tried to add half portion of the egg into his porridge..can they eat the whole egg?? isnt it too much?

missy, bb Jo also will very sticky to me in de weekends when im with him 24/7. in de weekdays, he is not sticky to me..even when im going off for work, he will not cry..but last Monday morning, he cried for me to carry him when im abt to leave home..my MIL wans to carry him but he pushed her hands away and open his hands wide showing he wans me to carry him..my heart meltz..

Jo's mummy, is the Doc a PD? if not, get another opinion from the PD. they might have something suitable for babies. if you need recommendation, I would suggest Kinder Clinic at Mt A. My boy sees Dr Lee Chien Yee and Dr Terence Tan. I like both of them except Dr Tan tend to have long (read 1-3hrs) wait.

jo
glad tat yr boi is ok now... my boi oso kinda heat rash due to the hot weather... i applied aloe vera gel on him n the rash getting much much better... mayb is juz norm rash not allergy to antibotics ba... u monitor it, ok...

waiting for tis sat to bring my boi to gymboree to hv fun with so many ge ge n jie jie...
tink he's the youngest ba... kekeke

sun, thanks, i will monitor..pray pray..

wintertime,

thanks for the post, very informative info! but when i read thru, seems like not same as Jovin's case..bcos he 1st had fever for 2days, then develop rashes..3rd day fever gone but rashes getting more serious..

wintertime
yup... i went n saw mangogal there too...
i trade in my old pigeon bottles for new ones @ 50% off, get the detergent, some new teats and wipes... i got the maclaren quest model 08 @ offer price $199 (UP:$398)...

wat show u watch? i long time didn't step into cinema liao... sighz

sun,
wow, ur boy is drinking quite alot of milk. Mine only abt 18oz a day i guess cos 1-2 times he latch, so i guesstimate. And it will be worse whenever he is teething. Not sure if its due to me feeding him too much semi-solid?

Do u have existing stroller? Why decide to change now?

sunshine - i mix everything together n let them cook together. heh. takes abt 1hr or so in the slow cooker.
happy.gif
ehhhhhh i also eyeing the quest leh... wahahahz... dunno wanna buy or not... wait hb wil nag nag nag nag nag...

*hugs hugs baby jo* nt sure if cn give whole egg or not leh... i jus give... =P she seems ok with it.. so maybe wil give 1 egg once or twice a week... then tofu also... cn mix with the porridge...

teddybb
when my boi is teething he'll drink less so i'll gauge n give him less lor...
u feed yr boi a lot semi-solid ma? wat u give him??

i hv one P3... tis is gd and steady which we love it alot...
my hb is looking for a lighter one so tat when my boi can walk, easier to bring it out n oso easier for me or my mum to manage if either one of us gg out w my boi alone... ^_^
the P3 will keep for #2... =p

missy
u mix all n cook the texture is sticky right?

re: stroller
actually leave with 2 colors - black/red or grey/orange... if u dun mind the color, is a very gd deal... but the quest realli lighter than P3 but disadvantage was cannot hang too heavy stuff behind it... but hb saw other nice color of quest when we're at taka jalan jalan, i told him, he can chose his fav color if he dun mind paying $400... hahaha

nopes nt sticky leh. its okie leh. i was quite happie with the consistency.. its almost egg like.. in bits... then the rice is like those teochew porridge consistency... it also didnt stick to the pot leh... hmmm

halo all, today so busy

hee glad to see Sunshine on saturday
happy.gif

Jo, oh dear so heartpain to hear ur boy suffer over the weekend, maybe chk wif PD if there is any alternative cream or solution
after rashes gone, apply natural moisturiser for his babyskin to heal faster
happy.gif

P. seed, wah thks for the clip
happy.gif

I actually also order small birthday cookies for all the babies here cos next day is Caroline's bday
happy.gif

Any mummies gng to Expo babyfair after gymboree this sat?
finally can catch up with you all liao
happy.gif

I am gng cos looking for playpen and stock up Pampers since there is good offier...

Wristpain:
Mummies, think i hurt or sprain my left wrist while carrying Caroline over the weekend, will those bander support help from Guardian pharmacy effective for pain relive?

sun, me too already 1.5yrs nvr step into cinema!!

missy, me too using slowcooker..mix all vege n let it cook for 1.5hrs..the texture very nice n soft enuf..but recently my fren went to bb fair @ taka, the promoter of Avent says tat using slow cooker to cook porridge for long term o any food is actually making de food heaty when being consumed..so its not good 4 bb..however i dunno how true is it..as mayb she is trying to sell her Avent new product (chopper cum steamer).

hahaha... sigh so many ppl have a lot of ways of doing things... if heaty then give our babies more water lor.. lolx... usually il give kirs a cup of water to drink... she will tk sips during the meal as well as after... heh...

mango - for pain relief. apply those gels or eat painkillers.. the band is supposed to jus hold and compress it.. doubt will help much? if really ache long term.. might wan to check it out. tk care

sunshine - u knw the diff btwn xt &amp; quest?

mangogal
u mean expo fair got pampers promo? u know how much..cos tot of getting from Cold Storage.

normally the baby fair is for huggies leh..

ST, saw it at the Mother and Baby magazine, anyway will go down and compare the prices

MissyCandy &amp; Jo, I also use slow cooker to cook caroline porridge, huh will be heaty? Yalor give more water ok mah..

MissyCandy, wat kind of gel can I apply, I hope to recover before this sunday, thks
happy.gif

mangogal, I'm also keen on Pampers prices, please let me know if you find out. I'll be going to Expor fair on Sunday as DH is away on biz trip, I feel like it's my duty to spend his money while he is away. Keep the economy afloat and all.

mangogal
icic sigh cos the Cold storage promo ends this wed and it's cheaper than NTUC..
i also carry my boi and pulled hurt my hand leh..i just now went to tui nen..

wintertime
i also want to watch alice in wonderland cos got johnny deep
happy.gif
butno time

St &amp; P. Seed,
ok will update their prices
Usually I use Mummy Pokko, so will compare these 2 brand for prices and update here

St, tui na isit painful?
I very scared leh :p

mangogal
It's the first time to the place..not pain leh he just beat beat then bao my wrist..so exp $24 for like less than 10mins faint..hopefully can heal lor..else when i turn my wrist will be pain

Back