(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

Strawberry, oh u can get it form Vitakids, i went to the United Square outlet..

Lenny, oki take ur time
happy.gif

ST, ya Caroline prefer this cos it taste sweet,hehe
happy.gif

So Braden likes it?

Asura & Cindy, do update us any good sale at Isetan
Hope u gals went to Taka babyfair too and update also,hehe
happy.gif

Wah this weekeend so many sales,haha

LokYang sale isit the Mattel sale??

lenny
i'll be gg down tmr lei... u gg down later huh...
can help me see any promo for maclaren quest sport pram... n pigeon stuffs n huggies too...
thk q hor!!!

btw, where to get happybaby cereal huh? FSM dun hv lei...

Sun,
mothercare had 30% off for the Maclaren quest sport pram last few mth. Not sure now still have ..
I bought my Techno xt during the promo too. 30% is a lot leh..

Missy,
Lok yang sale is for wat ? toys ? at where ?

<font color="119911">thank u all mummies for ur concern</font>

bb Jo is still having fever, this morning took his temp, still at 37.9,hopefully by tonight will be ok le..last night slept at 9pm but wake up at 11pm-2am..then sleep till 6.30am wake up again...

tot of going bb fair but if bb Jo not ok yet, will bring him to c doc..so sad..

Lenny, such a memorable birthday for Bree!she will appreciate it when she c the pic/photo next time.

mummies, can share ur daily meals with me? i saw many of u give porridge, pasta and cereals. so was wondering, is it 3times solid food a day? or?? a bit confused. tried to introduce pasta to bb Jo, added veggies, meat and half of egg into soup, he can finished 3/4 of the pasta. this is for his lunch. then i cook porridge for his dinner.

Alfafa,

Actually now I see my gal's progress, I kinda wished I'm a stay at home mum during her early days.

Sometimes my heart melt with some of her actions.

The other day , my hubby scolded my son and she got angry with her daddy and break free from her daddy and come over my side as i'm with my son. She saw me patting his back and she did the same! then she proceed to sayang his head as well. So sweet!

This morning, we reprimanded our son, our son cried and she cried as well. She adores her brother but her brother yet know how to handle his sister.

He tried sayang her head and my girl fell backwards and my son was upset saying he dun know n tears form....

my girl also know how to want those to carry her if they are dressed to go out...haha

My girl super small size. 71 cm and weight abt 7.9kg... milk intake easily half if not 35% of Gracie's intake. My gal the opposite of her brother. her brother a super milk machine drinking 210oz every 3 hrs when he was 1 yrs old. She like;s porridge and biscuits, bread etc...

Went to Taka Fair on wed as was there for some mandarin story telling which she enjoyed tremendously, less so for me cos I understood only half of what they were saying
sad.gif
. Taka Fair items - Mostly the same as before.

And hehe, since I am on CCL today, decided to use her nap time to do little gift for those attending Gymboree. Bought the clips somewhere and just used hot glue to attach magnet to the back. Can use it to clip a photo or note on the fridge. I made exactly 24!

3724052.jpg
3724053.jpg

pseed

wow nice. looks like you are really back into craftwork now. So fun. I am, on the other hand, totally missing in action. Thanks for the gift!

Ann,
I am the opposite. Happy to be back at work. Feels like home to me. Hahaha of course, I miss being the one to witness her every first but seriously, to have to face her 24/7 alone with no maid is just so tough ... oh so tough. If I had a maid or at least an extra pair of hands and eyes around it might have been easier. On my own it was just unpleasant man. In hindsight, I made the right choice re-joining the marketplace.

Saw your previous post. How? Thinking of changing a job? Or take a break and take your time to find one. I had a one year and 9 mth break and as much as I complain about how tough it was to be a SAHM I must say that I have no regrets. To be able to spend her 1st year with her was a blessing.

Winter,
oh dear, twice in last month alone. I don't think I need to travel more than 5 times in this current job, so that's good. As it is I already am worried about the 5 times I would be away; can't imagine if it is twice in one single month.

Jo,
mine takes solids 3 times a day. Breakfast lunch and dinner basically with milk in between meals. Well, supposedly lah. Except that my mom has been giving her extra milk feeds everytime my baby wants to snack. Previously my baby would snack on bread and baby biscuits and not always milk. Anyway, my plan is to have 3 solid meals and 3 milk feeds a day.

re: Loyang Mattel sale.
Anyone went?? Is it worth going? Pray tell!

misscandy, thks. At least now I know its norm

alfafa, ur mum can juggle with so many grandchildren? Or is gracie at IC now?

pseed, wow lovely! Nice in advance yah ;)

Mummies,
What jabs did your lil ones took for 1 yr old checkup?

pumpkin
tat's so nice of u...*muacks*
thks in advance!!!
ps: most of the clips are pretty esp the smiling star, where u get it?

sinmey
saw straits times adv - the maclaren quest sport selling @ $199... not a bad deal, hopefully still got stk n the color i want tmr...

jo
my boi only takes solid 2 times a day - lunch (cereals) n dinner (porridge)... rest of the time will be milk feeds...

Went down to taka fair. Everything abt the same as before, even where the merchandise r placed. Bought a walker toy, Chinese DVDs , some clothes etc. Actually I already hv a walker fm fisher n px (the one that he can push ard, like a shopping cart) but not steady cos tends to moves forward easily when Jovan holds onto it. This one that I bought is sturdier n can be converted to a sit on truck or something like that.

Alfafa
I feel the same way as u. Going back to work soon cos feel that I am getting lazier each day.

teddybb
he's hving ard 4 milk feeds (doesn't include cereal) per day... ard 780ml = 26oz
tink my boi appetite is small compare to other bb ba...

jo's mummy, Vera's eating 2 solid meals and 180ml*3 FM a day. Usually porridge and cereal for solids. We have a problem now, she seems to be bored with porridge and cereal. Yet refuses other food when I introduce new food e.g. pasta... but she loves bread and Bao. When she doesn't want her porridge, we give her bread with porridge. Seems yackie to me but she likes it. When she doesn't want cereal, I give Bread with cereal and she'll eat it. When comes to eating for her, I have to say I always give in coz the priority is for her to eat more. Now at 1yr 3wks, she's only 70+cm and 7.2kg. The smallest among the babies here I guess...

BTW, how's bb jo now? What did the doc say? I hope he's better now?

lizy
my boi oso loves bread... my mum oso give him those adult biscuits dip in milo when she's eating... i'm wondering can he take tat at his age now...

mummies
quite a no of u giving eggs to yr LO... they can eat already huh? wat abt beancurd?

<font color="ff6000">thanks alfafa &amp; sun</font>

hope can go taka fair ler..wan to get something for bb Jo..

ya, re teddybaby, i also wan to know wat jab for our LO now? chic pox?

any mummies started to toilet train ur bb? I tot of starting but dunno how to start. Do anyone buy potty chair here? is it useful?

okie updates. i went to the lok yang sale. those who went last yr, dont bother going again. lolx. its more or less the same stuff..

stage &amp; such for those keen to buy, they are selling in the box for only $40!!!

grand piano i saw display set selling only $15!!! in the box i think is $30 or $40...

they sell barbie stuff (the dolls... guitars... phones... keyboard... cash register..)... fisher price zoo... dinoland.... baby rockers... they have slides n picnic tables but the brand is playgro or something.. not little tikes... then barbie ... hmmm then the usual fisher price play gym n mats... i walked 1st round.. didnt see anything... then walked a few more times... itchy backside n hand.. then grabbed some items... total damage... $77.. but very happy with my loot! heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

the regulars will knw, they tend to bring out different items daily... they are there til 28th march... 2wks to go.. so prolly might have other stuff next week and the week after...
happy.gif
also, only accept credit card &amp; cash only! then now, they r inside the warehouse not in the tentage... its just opposite the tentage last time...
happy.gif

the end!!!

pseed - sooo nice of u!!!!!!!!!! too bad i not going.. lolx! =P

blurjen - i also wana pot her leh. but i duno how leh. she wun sit still on the potty. so i didnt buy those fancy pancy types... hee...

blurjen, i bought the fancy type potty chair but yet to use..still put nicely in the box..bcos my MIL say wait till he can walk then only use wor..if not he cant sit still on the potty..scared make a mess!!

missy, Kirs already getting a pressie from me, so no need to get double la
Same as you for potty-ing. Bought potty/step stool but haven't used it yet. Think some mums have been training their babies since a few months ago. Please share some diligence with me!

Oh I posted this earlier but it didn't go through " Not so creative after all, cos all I did was glue the magnets to the clips hahahhaa, but hope you all like the small token gift. looks cute huh?"

pseed =P yes cute! lolx

for bathing, stopped tub long ago. used the duckie only awhile. then migrated to her standing at the toilet bowl while we shower her. think we started that in november... so she was ard... 8mths plus? initially she was afraid of the shower head n the water... then slowly she got used to it.. now no need to saw la.. play and gets everyone wet... -_-" i dont have adult tub. hee

Pseed.. wow very nice clips! very creative.

re bathing baby
I use the baby tub in the morning or whenever i need to wash his hair.

Baby will stand and have a shower in the evening or whenever he does not need to get his hair wet.

same as missycandy, me no adult bathtub.

<font color="119911">Hi,
i will not b joining the bash, enjoy!

Our Babies 1 Year Old Birthday Bash (Closing date 27 Mar)

Date - 3rd April 2010
Venue - Glendale Park Condo @ Hillview
Time - 12pm to 3pm
The clubhouse is confirmed. We are going to order cake and buffet lunch. Each pax $15 ok? Those who agreed and confirm in the list, kindly make payment to POSB SAV 205-03736-5 and PM me (prosper) details ok - for those who knw that they would be going, pls tt the money automatically thanKs

We will order a big #1 birthday cake! woo hoo!

Attendees -

1. prosper, hb &amp; kayle
2. daphnecrosailo &amp; ugin ( paid $15 )
3. starflower &amp; keenan (paid $15)
4. jtho &amp; oli (paid $15)
5. asura &amp; charlene (paid $15)
6. missycandy &amp; kirsten (paid $15)
7. cindy, hb, travis &amp; trishelle (paid $30 via UOB)
8. lizy, hb &amp; vera (paid $30 POSB)
9. sunshinebaby, hb &amp; bryan (Paid $30)
10. babe kazooie, hb &amp; bb shayna (paid $30)
11. mangogal, hb and bb caroline (paid $30)
12. piggysg, hb &amp; bb ryker (paid S$30)
13. P.seed &amp; baby A (paid $15 )
14. alfafa and baby Grace (paid DBS $15)
15. lemon_tea &amp; bb Mik (paid $15 )
16. fatfish &amp; bb Cadence (paid $15 POSB)
17. jacqueline, hb and bb Jovan (Paid $30)
18. babydreams &amp; bb Dylan (paid $15)
19. Jo_mickey &amp; bb Eddrick (paid $15)
20. donroxx, hb(tbc) &amp; bb Lucas (paid $15)
21. Wintertime, hb &amp; bb Wilbur (paid $15)
22. p3pp3r &amp; Ziv
23. sinmey &amp; Moiiesha
24. Janbebe &amp; bb Jayden
25. cfchangdee, hb, philson &amp; philston (will tt to u tonight)
26. lingmama, hb(tbc) &amp; destinee
27. meebaby, hb &amp; bb Chyng Shiuan (paid $30)

KIV
1. Queenie n Tristan
2. Serene &amp; hb &amp; bb Charlene
3. Pigpig &amp; hb + BB Shermaine
4. Keron&amp;jeris &amp; hb &amp; Kayla
5. minnie24, hb &amp; andrique
6. kome &amp; mother + Aven + Anver</font>

Lenny
lolx couldn't get to sleep last night so went in to post something..think too nervous thinking bb's 1 Year today so can't get to sleep.

Strawberry79
Happy Bellies i bot it at NTUC beside Hougang Mall.

Mangogal
bb Brendan doesn't like too sweet and sour stuffs so i mix EB cereal with baby bellies. Too sour he will poo poo a few times

jo's mummy, missy
I think my bb also cant sit still leh. she can walk n walk n walk, nv sit on one place more than 30 sec except her high chair which i will bring alot of toys to entertain her while feeding her.

anyone try to teach ur bb self eat? I want to try but scare will create a mess

Sunshinebb...

got your message too late.. i already out liao.. pai seh..

happy bellies.. can get from NTUC that has international section.. which one do u want.. i bought mine from BP.. my gf has a multi-grain one.. if u want.. let me know.. i can pass it to you at Gymboree..

Sun,

i think the offer is for '08 model.. but i got my techno xt for 09 model, coz the causeway point outlet made the mistake .. haha

Prosper,
u got my payment ? I had pm u the ref no.

Date - 3rd April 2010
Time - 12pm to 3pm
The clubhouse is confirmed. We are going to order cake and buffet lunch. Each pax $15 ok? Those who agreed and confirm in the list, kindly make payment to POSB SAV 205-03736-5 and PM me (prosper) details ok - for those who knw that they would be going, pls tt the money automatically thanKs

Attendees -

21. Wintertime, hb &amp; bb Wilbur (paid $15)
22. p3pp3r &amp; Ziv
23. sinmey &amp; Moiiesha (paid $15)
24. Janbebe &amp; bb Jayden
25. cfchangdee, hb, philson &amp; philston (will tt to u tonight)
26. lingmama, hb(tbc) &amp; destinee
27. meebaby, hb &amp; bb Chyng Shiuan (paid $30)

KIV
1. Queenie n Tristan
6. kome &amp; mother + Aven + Anver

Sunshinebb..

hmm.. if bryan is ok in stroller and know how to sit up. it will be fine..

for Bree.. she refused the stroller and will cry murder when she is on it. i had to carry her for the whole day as she also refuses her daddy to carry her for more than 1 hour.

as for the rides.. i strap her on my Ergobaby carrier.

mommies..

i didn't buy anything from the sale except for a Chicco portable mosquito repellent.

Huggies diapers are still ex and pigeon wipes is cheaper at NTUC.. so..

I will be going to the baby fair this Friday at Expo after Bree's class. Hope to get some stuff there..

blurjen - if u wan bb to learn to self feed, u have to be prepared for the mess they will make.. its part n parcel of learning... im not too keen on cleaning up for now... so i dun let her do it... but i do let her try when the spoon is empty... wahahahax... like cheat her like that... oops =x what you can do is give her carrot sticks... or food that u can put in a bowl or feeding tray and let her use her hands to take herself... i only do that for her biscuits... hee hee... good luck!!!

Sunshinebb..

i bought a tin of Brown rice cereal but haven't tried it for Bree yet.. i want to finish up her Earth's Best.

hmm.. Let me know if u want me to help u buy soon.. cos Vita Kids do have a branch at Forum Shopping mall or the NTUC Xtra at Jurong point does have as well. Bree has class on Friday. if you want.. i can check it out for you or buy for u then pass u on Sat during Gymboree. U can SMS me ok? in case i miss your post.

Pseed..

That's very nice of you!..

Re: your question:
Bree is still using her bath tub.. she can't stand for a long time so can't let her use the shower and my bathtub is the sunken type with rough surfaces for anti-slip purposes.. hmm.. not gonna be good for her bum though..

re: toilet train
my boi will tell me 'en en' when he wanna to poo n i'll quickly put him onto the potty... aft he's done will clean him up, much cleaner compare poo in diapers...
but sometimes he cannot wait and poo in diaper... if outside, no choice let him poo in diaper lor...

re: bathing
i use a small round shallow tub that he can fit in instead of his norm bath tub... save water n easier to bath him...
i still carry him when washing his hair, aft tat he'll sit on the anti slip mat while i apply shower gel on him... last will wash away the shower gel b4 putting him into the tub to let him play a while...

lenny
not sure AMK hub branch hv anot... or those NTUC finest should hv right? i wanna to start off with the brown rice one...
how much u got from BP and u know how much NTUC is selling?

lenny
actually his EB is gg to finsh soon n i wanna let him try out asap as u know he's quite a fussy eater...
hopefully he'll like HB cereals, if not i need to resort to mix both of them slowly till he can accept HB cereals... sighz

i'll chk it out in amk hub tis wkend, if dun hv then i'll sms u to get for me... ok w u?
thks in advance hor ^_^

Date - 3rd April 2010
Time - 12pm to 3pm

Attendees -

21. Wintertime, hb &amp; bb Wilbur (paid $30)
22. sinmey &amp; Moiiesha (paid $15)
23. meebaby, hb &amp; bb Chyng Shiuan (paid $30)
24. p3pp3r &amp; Ziv
25. Janbebe &amp; bb Jayden
26. cfchangdee, hb, philson &amp; philston
27. lingmama, hb(tbc) &amp; destinee

KIV
1. Queenie n Tristan
6. kome &amp; mother + Aven + Anver

P.seed
Nicely done and so sweet of you, too! I'm too rusty with arts and crafts these days. Just making feet molds for Shayna a week ago made me sweat buckets!

Urmm, potty training so far. We decided to start her on a no frills egg potty when she was 7 months. I'd recommend getting a light weight sturdy potty that's easy to clean and move around (we even brought it on trips as it was not that bulky thus saving us $$ to buy those travel potties). We use different locations to let her potty depending on when she needs to. All babies are different so mine's a once-a-day or sometimes the-alternate-day pooper. I try to fix a time in the morning, afternoon and evening to let her try to poop. If she pooped in the morning, I'll be super duper happy as I'll not have to get her to sit until the following day. If not, she will try again in the afternoon, then so on in the evening if nothing happened.

How to make her potty
As her stools are quite large, we usually make sure she drinks some water before sitting on her potty.
Sometimes, she does it without much hesitation.
Mostly, we need to do the 'Errr errr' sound to cue her on.
Patience is required. I've waited 25 mins before once or twice because she was constipating at the time.
Have things to let her play as a distraction when she's trying to move off the potty. If she insists that she has none, we will stop and try later.
We let her see her finished product (sorry TMI! ;p), do the 'smelly' expression and praise her for her good effort!
That's all!!

Re: bathing
I still use the BB tub, sit it in the standing shower as it's too big to fit in the bathtub. She enjoys bathtime a lot so I just continue. She always loves to stand in the tub, play with her washcloth, the bubbles and shake her bottom. Then I'll also turn on the shower to rinse her off.

What a lotta work! I'm tired from shopping at Taka this morning. Didn't find a thing at the BB Fair. But bought a nice walker from the toy store upstairs. Hope she'll have fun with it. Have a good weekend mummies!! Catch up with you all next week!
happy.gif

Back