(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

jo
it's the normal one not pull up pantz..for the large pack gg at $45+ for 2 packets will end on 17 March..me gg to buy it before 17March and hopefully expo fair if also cheap and if i got time will go

st - why u opt for xt? i see the specs. Xt is a bit heavier. but for 0mths above. where quest is lighter and frm 3mths onwards if im nt wrong... plus colour wise, xt more grey. black... quest more colourful.. heh heh

missy
ya quest lighter by 1kg or less..but XT can lay down flat and the wheels bigger more stable and we got the model 09 black one which is nice
happy.gif

st, thanks for the info. huggies pull up pants at taka bb fair is only $14.95 for L36. isnt it cheaper than pampers normal type?

also, watson is having promotion for pampers normal diapers, L & XXL size, $29.90 for 2packs.

Jo, wah pampers is cheap for watson promotion
happy.gif

thks

Missycandy, ok will apply the gel, if stil lpain then will go for tui na

St, where did you go for Tui Na?

Hey Missycandy..thanks for the address. A friend went to the sale and saw the Home learning set selling at $150. Not display set. She saw the jumperoo too selling at $200 i think.
Anyway, i didn't go..cos' really too far away for me plus no time.

I also got monday blues..but maybe it's more than monday blues..it's everyday blues. haha..been thinking of switching companies....or even changing industry.
Still thinking about it...cos hope to have 'rabbit' #2...

jo
oh i dunno pampers pull up pantz how much i got mamy poko pull up pantz.
and Waston pampers is for the small packet then it's 29.90..for cold storage i think it's the jumbo packet

mangogal
i went to chinatown the one where SA tours is, but i dunno he good anot leh(cos first time)..i used to go those shophouse behind lucky chinatown but just now it's full already and i need to rush back to work

Hi Mangogal..where do u stay?
that time i've a similar problem with my wrist..and i went to the tui na near my place. my wrist recovered quite fast.
If u need the contact, let me know and i need to check if my hb still have it.

strawberrys - no prob. heh. yeh the learning home is actually quite good to use. i bought display set last yr at $50 but i think nw spoilt le. becos kirs keep on pushin it over -_-" smacked the floor many times le. lolx. jialat. now she cn only playwith the stuff n prolly learn the time... plus in n out of the door lor... sigh...

Strawberry, I stay near sengkang Northeast area

dun mind u PM me the add, thks
happy.gif

ST, chinatown ah..ok will go n take a look at lunchtime th,s

went to lok yang total damage 30plus or maybe 40plus for 3 items

Reached there at 11am on the dot on Sun so it was not very crowded or warm, but it certainly got warmer as more arrived.

It's not a big place but if you have specific items in mind (esp the big ones) they do have pretty good deals.

RF jumperoo was at $150 (thought I saw $150, not $200), and Home learning set at $150. Soooooooooooo tempted to buy that dammit.

Potty - about 3 or 4 different models were going at not more than $40 each. Half of the stuff were not relevant though, either for smaller babies or for bigger toddlers.

I bought the Barbie telephone - big pink telephone set that is just oh so cute for $15 or $10 can;t rem. And a seasame street alphabet bus for $10 and lastly a FP giant key set (with lots of little activity bits on each key) for $5. That last item is a gift for my niece.

They the full size tickle me elmo goinf for $40 which is a good deal. Only thing is that I'm concerned that the stuffed toys would be quite dusty since the packaging is such that the box has exposed parts where dust can get in.

Saw kids digital camera going for $50 which is a good deal. But gracie is a bit too small lah so can wait

lots of highchairs/pottys/swings/table set etc.

I thought the sale was quite ok since it wasn't too much trouble for us to drive down from Queenstown.

OVERALL CONCLUSION - most appropriate for MTBs and moms with very small babies as they would have a much much wider selection appropriate for their bubs.

missy
i knew tat XT much heavier than quest... both of them hv 4 decline position... tat's all i know... kekeke

re: heating
agreed w missy, if heating give them more water lor... anyway, still must let them drink a lot lot of water due to the super hot weather!!!!

wintertime
envy u can watch so many movies... my hb will tell me, no need to go cinema la... wait a while more u can d/l fr internet...
3733952.gif

since wilber dun like to sit in stroller, no point getting but my gf told me there's a possibility tat our bb might rely a lot on stroller when they get older...
so next time go out die die must bring stroller, cannot do w/o it... dun noe how true...

jo
currently my son is seeing the PD fr AMK BB clinic... where u stay huh?

st
saw yr posting... tot quest oso can lay flat too? coz i use the comparison table btw XT n quest... the only difference is the wt of the stroller n quest meant for bb 3 mths older...

jo
i used GOO.N diapers for night time since my boy is born... now i'm switching to huggies dry comfort (red packaging) which is much cheaper compare to GOO.N... ^_^

i bought those plastic balls... i think i bought 4 or 5 packs... 1 pack is $2.. =P then i bought the laugh n learn song chair... then i bought a barbie writing board... and some barbies dolls... wahahahax! wanted to buy the barbie keyboard or guitar but find it too kua chang to buy nw ... lolx... still cn buy later... hee... wad else did i buy... hmmm... i knw my damage is $77... heh

jo's mummy,

Sayang for poor bb
sad.gif
And i defeinitely agree with mummies who recommend 2nd opinion, cos i think that dr u saw doesnt know what he is talking about.

FYI all mummies, ANTIBIOTICS FIGHT AGAINST BACTERIAL INFECTION, NOT VIRUSES. If anyone has a bacterial infection, they can be seriously sick, and DO need antibiotics. Your body can fight off a virus, but not bacteria.

So any dr or healthcare professional who tells u to take antibiotics for a viral infection, imho, has very doubtful competence.

Hope he gets better ASAP!

strawberrys79
is the tui na near SK north east side..If yes i also want then dun need to go all the way to chinatown

mummies
wat other fruits u give to yr bb huh?
so far i gave apple, pear, banana, honeydew, payaya, avocado... anymore??

sunshinebaby,

heh, not much variety to give to kids this age also lah. kiwi, mango, plum, prune i have given before too. whether he will take them depends on his mood and how overripe they are ;p

sun, which AMK BB clinic? im staying at blk 596A, just next to Cheng San primary school, very near to Pine Garden.

areya,

thanks for the info..i think he shouldn't be allergy to antibiotics..but how can i find out is it true o not??

re Goo.N diapers
my colleague recommend me ler..keep saying very good wor..so very tempted to try..but think pampers, huggies or mamy poko is good enuf ba..prolly bcos its a "japanese" brand tats y so pricey ba..

Pauline Yong is who?? saw u r not well oh...must take care ya..drink more water after LS ing..so tat ur body will not easily get water retention..

jo
u got PM!!!!
but must admitted tat GOO.N really gd... i'll continue to use GOO.N if their price not tat steep... hahaha
anyway, my boi coming to a yr old liao so i tink their skin not tat sensitive... so i tink ok for me to switch to other more reasonable price diapers...
but when i've my #2, i'll use GOO.N for him/her till he/she is a yr old ba... ^_^

jo's mummy,

the problem is that someone has already labelled him allergic to xxx antibiotic(s). what needs to happen is for someone else (the 2nd opinion) to review him and see what they think - namely they need to see his rash, because each type of rash (viral/allergic/autoimmune etc etc) has certain characteristics. So better bring him to be seen sooner rather than later before the rash disappears. The only way to look for allergies to certain things is to send for specific allergy testing (terribly expensive for drug allergy testing), but if the 2nd opinion is really certain that it's not allergic, then ok lah. If they are not sure, then either send for allergy testing, or the next time he does need antibiotics for a proper infection that does require THAT specific antibiotic (ie amoxicillin or whateevr else) they can try him on a very low dose and see if he reacts. Think in Sg they may be more likely to go for allergy testing if they are unsure. Depends on the dr.

Hope it helps.

Our Babies 1 Year Old Birthday Bash (Closing date 27 Mar)

Date - 3rd April 2010
Venue - Glendale Park Condo @ Hillview
Time - 12pm to 3pm
The clubhouse is confirmed. We are going to order cake and buffet lunch. Each pax $15 ok? Those who agreed and confirm in the list, kindly make payment to POSB SAV 205-03736-5 and PM me (prosper) details ok - for those who knw that they would be going, pls tt the money automatically thanKs

We will order a big #1 birthday cake! woo hoo!

Attendees -

1. prosper, hb & kayle
2. daphnecrosailo & ugin ( paid cash $15 )
3. starflower & keenan (paid $15)
4. jtho & oli (paid $15)
5. asura & charlene (paid ATR $15)
6. missycandy & kirsten (paid ATR $15)
7. cindy, hb, travis & trishelle (paid $30 via UOB)
8. lizy, hb & vera (paid $30 POSB)
9. sunshinebaby, hb & bryan (Paid $30)
10. babe kazooie, hb & bb shayna (paid $30)
11. mangogal, hb and bb caroline (paid UOB $30)
12. piggysg, hb & bb ryker (paid S$30)
13. P.seed & baby A (paid $15 )
14. alfafa and baby Grace (paid DBS $15)
15. lemon_tea & bb Mik (paid cash $15 )
16. fatfish & bb Cadence (paid $15 POSB)
17. jacqueline, hb and bb Jovan (Paid UOB $30)
18. babydreams & bb Dylan (paid Cash $15)
19. Jo_mickey & bb Eddrick (paid cash $15)
20. donroxx, hb(tbc) & bb Lucas (paid $15)
21. Wintertime, hb & bb Wilbur (paid $30)
22. sinmey & Moiiesha (paid ATR $15)
23. meebaby, hb & bb Chyng Shiuan (paid ATR $30)
24. p3pp3r & Ziv
25. Janbebe & bb Jayden
26. cfchangdee, hb, philson & philston
27. lingmama, hb(tbc) & destinee (paid $15 posb)

KIV
1. Queenie n Tristan
2. Serene & hb & bb Charlene
3. Pigpig & hb + BB Shermaine
4. Keron&jeris & hb & Kayla
5. minnie24, hb & andrique
6. kome & mother + Aven + Anver

Mangogal.

I have this Wrist Support that i bought from Guardian Pharmacy.. Brand" Futuro" Adjustable Wrist Support. it does give me support to avoid me hurting my wrist more.

on top of it.. i apply a gel.. "Voltaren" also avalable from Pharmacy.. Its like a painkiller but its nor oral.. just apply on.. i am still breastfeeding.. so cannot take most of the oral medication..

I also sprained my writs while trying to change diaper for Brianne.. Now she will flip and crawl away and struggle when i try to hold her legs.. : Its really like a major battle.. with me trying and her screaming her head off even after giving her different toys to hoax her even diaper change
sad.gif

Mommies..

I need advice...

How do i get rid of the "soil" taste from frozen chopped spinach?

I bought Waitrose brand of organic chopped spinach.. i rinse it once and put into Bree's porridge in slow cooker.. but when i tasted it.. there is this "soil" taste..

how do i get rid of it??

In addition.. How do i get rid of the strong fishy taste of Cod Fish? Is using ginger good enough? and at this stage where we are avoiding addition of salt into our little one's diet.. is it ok to rub salt into the cod fish fillet to get rid of the fishy taste? Lemon Juice?

Many thanks in advance

Lenny, thks for ur info! Shall get the wrist support tomr
happy.gif

Ya now changing diaper is a challenge, plus she is so active when trying to to let her latch on too, move and struggle here and there morever her she is getting stronger so got to use one hand to support or hold her neck, so tiring...i guess all these exert pressure on my wrist thus the pain is here
sad.gif

stroller - XT vs Quest
I was considering the 2 before decided to buy the XT.
Weight: xt sure heavier than quest. But if u do not really need to fold & carry into car very frequent, i think it's not too much a trouble. Anyway, i find the xt weight is still managable, as i can easily lift it up to put in the car with 1 hand.
Decline position: quest cannot lay flat compare to xt. So, if u plan for another baby, it's better to get xt
wheel: xt has bigger wheel & have the suspension on the wheel. Means xt is much more stable/comfortable to sit in.
design: Quest definitely has more choice/colour to choose from... where as xt only have grey & black(plain single colour nia)

personally, if u wan the stroller only for our 1 yr baby and for the offer price at $199, I think it's worth it. it depends what is your priority of getting this stroller lor. I got the xt, bcoz i need the stroller to be able to lay flat for my plan 2nd one ... haa ... I have no complain about the xt, Moiiesha can nvr sleep in her preloved capella but she can now easily sleep comfortablely in her xt.

missy, go get it ... haha... but must sell at least one of your existing one lar .. cannot tahan leh, 3 strollers for kirsten.

P.seed, thanks for the lovely clips.
Look forward to see all the mummies and the lil ones on this sat
happy.gif

Lenny, thanks for the coupon. Btw, I add potatoes when cooking codfish with porridge so no fishy smell at all.

Mangogal,I also sprained wrist (both right and left) and went to ma guang for tui na. I also apply those plasters at nite as well as the wrist guard to restrict my wrist movement. Yah, it helps. hope you recover soon..before caroline's birthday. Take care.

Stroller-XT
I hv been using it since cadence is born. Great stroller. No regrets! like wat sinmey mentioned Quest is lighter but cant lay flat.

Jo, hope your boy recover soon. Take care!

Lenny,

I read somewhere in the thread some mths back abt adding potato when cooking fish to rid its fishy smell. Or add ginger when cooking I guess. I buy my cod fresh ie not pre frozen so less of that problem.
Spinach best cook it fresh - after freezing it tends to degrade. What's more if fresh, it is easier to handle and u can therefore wash more thoroughly. Waitrose has good produce but not sure if they package local foods for local sale - if everything is packaged in uk, shipping to sg the food loses its freshness in transit. Not sure abt 'soil' taste. Never heard of it ;p

Hi st, you have pm. ;)

Hi fatfish and fireangel, i also add potatoes into my boi's porridge to 'beef' him up a little cos he was too skinny. Didn't know it could remove the 'fishy' smell.
Anyone tried using fresh scallops to cook porridge? i thought of trying leh.

hi guys
im in Qingdao at the moment. its so cold over here. im glad that we decided to leave Andrea in Penang. Im missing her like crazy.

after the review regarding maclaren quest...i think im going to go and have a look.

Strawberry
i have tried using fresh scallop to make porridge for my girl before but i find that u have to chop it up a bit...

RE: Fishy Smell
i usually steam the fish seperately with a slice of ginger and half a bulb of smashed garlic. But then again, Andrea doesn't take porridge anymore..she takes rice now. Hope it helps.

lenny
oops... but if he didn't show any sign of allergy means he's ok w honeydew right?

fatfish
so strange... base on the comparison chart fr maclaren, both quest n XT hv the same 4 positions which i assume both can lay flat ba...
i'll compare the flat position w my P3 when i rx the quest next wk... i'll still keep the P3 for my #2 while my #1 will use the quest ^_^

Back