(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

mummies, I am on leave this Friday, anyone wants to go expo babyfair in afternoon? can text/sms me
happy.gif

Friday go racee wat to buy then sat, go wif hubby to carry things back,hehe
happy.gif

mangogal
TODAY newspaper got a list of items that will be on offer for the baby fair
pampers only stated 17%-29% for every 3 packs of pampers purchase and above $60 in a single receipt get free pinic mat worth $15

wintertime, fatfish & all mummies,

thanks 4 all ur concern & advises, bb Jo already recovered..all the rashes outbreak within 1day althou still got some tiny tiny 1 at his face..glad tat he is sleeping well at night(me too)!!
st, thanks for the update! think Expo bb fair got better offer..but not going...too far le..n parking too expensive..

Lenny, re Cod Fish, mayb u can steam the cod fish with ginger,wolfberry & red dates rather than put salt on it.it tastes very nice!

hey hey mummies,

i saw there is this crawling competition at expo bb fair le...hee..thinking of register for bb Jo to try since he havnt walk yet...wohooohoo..

Mangogal & Mommies..

re: baby fair

I will go after Bree's class.. her class ends at 2.30pm.. by the time i get there it may be a little late as Bree will need to eat after class.. got to feed her then move on.
sad.gif

mangogal
u gg down to the bb fair on fri huh... can chk for me the GAIA booth, see wat's their promo?
if their promo is gd, can u get for me their shampoo n shower gel n pass to me on sat? so i no need to go down on sat... hee hee

jo
my boi oso hvn't walk, he crawls oso not tat steady, hahaha

hi mommies!!

re: changing diaper
yes it's really a big challenge changing bb's diaper now. It's either she doesn't want to lie down or she'll crawl away the second i take off her diaper. Then have to struggle and find new things to distract her so she'll let me put on her diaper. Sometimes i even put her diaper on when she's crawling around. lolz

re: stroller
I have XT (pass down from SIL) which is pretty good and bought a new capella which i find it more comfy. My gal will nap in her capella but not in her XT. Maybe capella more cushy than XT. But XT is more sturdy, maclaren's quality is good.

re: fish
i steam fish with wolfberry, smells really great. no fishy smell. And i'll add the wolfberry in her porridge so it's very tasty.

sun
this jab has chichkenpox inside too so bb will take only one jab instead of 2 jabs (chickenpox and MMR).

me still considering if to take this MMRV

cos i scare will it be too much for bb..so far i never take those 6-in jab so not sure if this combine jab ok for him

hi sorry to interrupt
I have a BNWT Kate Spade Bedford Street Noel Stevie (Black) selling at S$288 only and Kate Spade Bedford Street Noel Jillian (pink) selling at S$268 only. All items are BNWT, comes with original Kate Spade dustbag, care card and hanging tag. For fast deal, please email [email protected]. Prices nego. Thanks

st
I intend to give my boy MMRV. Heard from GP need to take 2 doses.. But this weekend bringing him to take jab too.. for his Pneumococcal jab, will find out more.Dat's Y cant go gymboree...
sad.gif

Mini buffet
Neo Garden's Good! Just ordered it for my Mum's birthday last sat for 10pax.

Hi all
Long time never log on.

Jo's mummy, I also intend to register my boy for the crawling contest at bb fair this sat. But he can walk quite steadily already, so not sure if he will be disqualified if he crawls halfway then decided to stand up and walk.

Minnie24
okok pls update when u asked thanks

Pneumococcal Jab
my PD told me got new jab for this which as more protection in it she mentioned this year will come out but duuno when so she wants me to wait and since it's booster it's ok to take before 2yrs old

hmm just wonder any GP/PD mentioned this before to u mummies??

hihi scrumpee, so funny ur post..heheh..i read and imagine then laugh myself..heheh..hmm..r u going for the expo? if yes, then mayb just drop by ask. if can, then just register. if cannot u still can go for shopping..

me still dunno going o not..just feel like wan to let him try when i saw this ads in newspaper today..havnt tell my hubby abt this..he will say im crazy..all de way from amk to expo just for the crawling contest..hahha..he say i always wan to show off bb Jo wor..hmm..im just proud of him ma..kekekek...

hi st,
i brought my boi to polyclinic to take the Pneumococcal Jab cos can use medisave to pay. still have 1 more jab to go before the MMR jab. After this will be the chicken pox jab. Never heard abt the new MMRV jab. dun think i'll go for it.

Hi Jo's mummy frm wat i know MMR jab is offered free at polyclinics
happy.gif
not sure about the new MMRV jab though.

strawberry,

oh..its free?? yeah!! but hor, y u take MMR jab then only chix pox? mine was arrange for chix pox when bb Jo is 1yrs then only MMR at 15mths. hmm mayb bcos i havnt arrange for the pneumococcal! dunno how the polyclinic arrange le.

Hi missy, yes. I also find my girl behave differently betw weekday/weekend. Weekday my mum take care she doesn't show separation anxiety when I said good bye to her in the morning; she's not excited when see me pop by during lunch break. But at night when we pick her up, she will give me a big smile to welcome us. She will be sticky to me during weekend or when I on leave. She’s able to follow routine timing to eat and sleep at my mum place but not at home. Hmm...

Btw, we bought XT as need from newborn. So far no regrets.

Our Babies 1 Year Old Birthday Bash (Closing date 27 Mar)

Date - 3rd April 2010
Venue - Glendale Park Condo @ Hillview
Time - 12pm to 3pm
The clubhouse is confirmed. We are going to order cake and buffet lunch. Each pax $15 ok? Those who agreed and confirm in the list, kindly make payment to POSB SAV 205-03736-5 and PM me (prosper) details ok - for those who knw that they would be going, pls tt the money automatically thanKs

We will order a big #1 birthday cake! woo hoo!

Attendees -

1. prosper, hb & kayle
2. daphnecrosailo & ugin ( paid cash $15 )
3. starflower & keenan (paid $15)
4. jtho & oli (paid $15)
5. asura & charlene (paid ATR $15)
6. missycandy & kirsten (paid ATR $15)
7. cindy, hb, travis & trishelle (paid $30 via UOB)
8. lizy, hb & vera (paid $30 POSB)
9. sunshinebaby, hb & bryan (Paid $30)
10. babe kazooie, hb & bb shayna (paid $30)
11. mangogal, hb and bb caroline (paid UOB $30)
12. piggysg, hb & bb ryker (paid S$30)
13. P.seed & baby A (paid $15 )
14. alfafa and baby Grace (paid DBS $15)
15. lemon_tea & bb Mik (paid cash $15 )
16. fatfish & bb Cadence (paid $15 POSB)
17. jacqueline, hb and bb Jovan (Paid UOB $30)
18. babydreams & bb Dylan (paid Cash $15)
19. Jo_mickey & bb Eddrick (paid cash $15)
20. donroxx, hb(tbc) & bb Lucas (paid $15)
21. Wintertime, hb & bb Wilbur (paid $30)
22. sinmey & Moiiesha (paid ATR $15)
23. meebaby, hb & bb Chyng Shiuan (paid ATR $30)
24. p3pp3r & Ziv
25. Janbebe & bb Jayden
26. cfchangdee, hb, philson & philston
27. lingmama, hb(tbc) & destinee (paid $15 posb)

KIV
1. Queenie n Tristan
2. Serene & hb & bb Charlene
3. Pigpig & hb + BB Shermaine
4. Keron&jeris & hb & Kayla
5. minnie24, hb & andrique
6. kome & mother + Aven + Anver
7. Princess in dreamland & bb Ian

hi mummies,

hardly came in 2 read e post recently. there's a lot of fairs going on! Tinking of whether shld go 2 e baby fair at expo after gymboree tis sat. Toking abt jabs etc, my gal is due for her last pneumococcal in may then follow by MMR. Strawberry is rite! polyclinic offer free MMR jab. I will be booking an appt 4 my gal after her last pneumococcal jab.

Idlecat
for e MMR jab, if u baby havent start 2 tok, better not 2 jab it caused it will cause autism. Tat's wat my cousin told me. as she's studying on early childhood course. And she did a research on tat. And it's proven! Thus, tried not 2 jab ur baby if they haven't start toking.

Hi all, on the bit about fishy smell, my m has taken to pan frying it w a tiny bit of butter before putting it into the slowcooker to rid the fishy smell. Keenan's been spouting his porridge out, eating very slowly by hamster-ing his porridge in his cheeks! Tried squeezing his pouches but I guess I must now officially call it quits to porridge & start cooking rice & dishes stuff. Man, out comes the beehoon and meesua, his porridge days are over!

Jo, happy to hear that bb Jo is recovered.
My boy has eczema, so very easy to have heat rash on the whole body & itchiness at all joints. Very sad to see him suffer, scratches till bleeding. Ever since I stop BF, he begin to have eczema, very dry, no more baby skin
sad.gif
Hope he will drop off eczema as he grows.

Hi mummies,

I only cook the chicken or pork together with the porridge. Other than that, cook & blend separately. I read a book, meats will overcook if together with the porridge, nutrients not so gd. For fish, I will slice the fish into pieces & put inside the cooked porridge for abt. 1 -2 mins, take out & use spoon to mash it & mix with the porridge on the bowl, so that there will be no fish smell & the meat is tender. I only give Ryker eats threadfin & salmon, he can't take codfish, alot of phelm.

Hmmmm... i think i should start let ryker try abit of egg...

re: MMRV - i asked my GP abt it... its including the chicken pox jab... and its 2 doses... 1 at 15mths and 1 more at 18mths... then apparently at p5 they r supposed to get MMR booster... if u opted for the MMRV , your child doesnt need to get the MMR jab at p5. so its really up to u... i will prolly opt for MMRV.
happy.gif

hey idlecat, I was worried abt the link between autism n mmr jab too, though my pd dismissed the rumour. However wanted to be more safe than sorry so I waited till he was 2 before I let my #1 take the jab. We pushed the limit till he was like 2yr and 3months. Though its speculated that boys have a higher risk, this time for my #2, I will still let her take only closer to 2 or after 2yr old. Hee.

jo mummy, thks for suggesting ecreative. I only know Neo garden has mini buffet.

minnie24,
Neo garden got mini buffet for 10pax only? Or u ordered 15pax for 10person?

Jo's mummy
if I really enrol my boy for the contest, I will have to roll his usual toy infront of him so that he will crawl instead of walk.

Sunshinebaby
Hi, yes, long time never log on. I am doing well, thanks for asking. In the midst of 2nd trimester for my no.2, feet began to swell abit, sigh...I really dread the swelling feet and the coming braxton hicks contraction. And worse, the delivery process. I still shiver when thinking of my delivery of no.1 and of course, the breastfeeding period. Oh no...I am complaining instead of enjoying my pregnancy which could well be my last. Really closing shop le.

Anyway, having a party this sun to celebrate my boy's 1st birthday, looking forward to it.

Abt this MMRV jab, didn't remember my PD reminding me to bring my boy for the jab leh...hmm...think I will call the PD to check. But anyone knows if this is compulsory?

Re : MMR + Autism

Super old news, and also old news that that

1) The evidence is badly designed
2) The guy who published it is being suyspended and investigated for this poor piece of 'evidence' that has led to a widespread measles outbreak in uk now.

In other words, it is nonsense.

Even if the paper was credible, which it is not, risk of autism is significantly so much lower than the harmful effects of measles, mumps and rubella, that it is more worth it to take the jab.

So, anyone who is still questioning this link and is conveying such a link over to u guys, they need to seriously get up to date with it.

(Sorry for rant. Makes me so annoyed that ppl are still being misled by this..)

<font color="0000ff">alfafa
can still add on??</font>

Date: 20 march, Sat
TIME: 12.30pm to 1.30pm
(COME EARLY BY AT LEAST 15min or it will eat into your play time as it endes ON THE DOT. Need to register, put on socks, take temperature etc etc inadvance)
Cost: $20 per non member / $12 per member baby (tanglin mall membership) for ONE HOUR gym time

*parents must put on socks. Babies to be barefooted

Note: this is not a class. No instructor will be present. We would be left alone to do our own thing, which is great cos the whole point is that we mommies want to catch up with one another in that 1 hour. And the best part is that our babies would be safe in this environment. Daddies won't get too bored since it is for a short time only. Besides, they'll probably get busy with our crawlers going amok at the gym.

Any small groups who want to chat for longer can always adjourn to somewhere else on their own.

CONFIRMED (max 25)

(1) Alfafa + hubby + bb gracie (paid $20)
(2) Inya + hb + bb Violette (I paid $12 on your behalf)
(3) lizy + hb + bb Vera (paid 20)
(4) Mangogal + hb + bb Caroline (I paid on your behalf $20)
(5) Sharlin + hb + bb (paid 20)
(6) Sunshinebaby + Hb + BB (paid 20)
(7) Lenny, Hubby &amp; BB Bree (paid 20)
(8) Piggysg + Hubby + BB Ryker (paid)
(9) babe kazooie + hubby + BB Shayna (Paid $20)
(10) teddybaby + hubby + BB (paid 20)
(11) idlecat + hubby + BB (paid 20)
(12) Strawberrys79 + BB (paid $20)
(13) wintertime + hb + BB (paid $20)
(14) jacqueline + hb + bb jovan (paid $20)
(15) P.seed + bb Alaia (paid $12)
(16) meebaby + bb + hubby (paid $20)
(17) Meerkat + bb (paid 20)
(18) Daphne (crosailo) + baby ugin (I paid $12 on your behalf)
(19) Jtho + small oli + big oli (I paid $12 on your behalf)
(20) fatfish + bb (paid 20)
(21) Sportyger + bb M (paid 20)
(22) babydreams + bb Dylan (paid 20)

<font color="0000ff">(23) prosper + bb kayle</font>

Back