(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

sun, our feet will grow slightly when we are preggy, maybe this is why you find the shoe tight now.
If have water retention, it will be worse.

oh, mine is a package together with the NT scan at wk 11.. i think they have different package bah.. my gynae just ask me do the basic one...

irene
icic... hope for the best, no water retention
1840258.gif

sunshinebaby, yah...tink diff. hospital diff. procedure ba..maybe "heng heng" i met a borr..ring radiologist. hahahahha

Elicia, hw u noe your bb's tummy is big? hee so cute..yah i tink my bb's head is big like his daddy! hee..

pumpkin, mine throughout is black n white until the last part then become 3D..when radiologist wanna show my hb bb's face..haha maybe more ex coz of the "coloured" face ba....the pic wasn't very clear..but see the cheeks like "pong pong' my hb says look like me. wonder if its true..boy will look more like mummy...ger will look like daddy?

SG - so u manage to see yr bb's face too? so nice!!

Big hugs to those mummies who are angry with hbs....i oso got angry with my hb the other day cos he doesn't seem to get my msg across...tink communication problems ba..ha...in the end i jus shot him off, say..."u go work la...ignore me"...then when i reach office he called me and pacified me saying dun get angry la cos will affect bb one....

i am feeling quite upset and down these few days...on mc again today and on took a half day's leave rest on wed...my tooth cracked and was in pain since last week, as the nerve is still alive inside...i went to the dentist and he told me i have to do root canel treatment!! i called my gynae office and the nurse told me there is a risk if i decided to go ahead with it...and this risk i have to bear with it...cos will have to do gum injection...and root canel is a series of tooth operation, not just one time only...

whenever i tink of it v upset cos tooth v painful and so cannot eat well...so much that it is causing me headache too...had a gum infection as a result and is on antibiotics currently prescribed by the GP which i visited this morning, jus to ease the pain before i re-check with my gynae on wed (my upcoming appt) b4 i decide to do the root canel...

not onli my tooth is in pain, i've vomitted a few times cos of the giddiness it causes, then suffering from terrible sore throat since few days ago, flu, cough, headache, bodyache and pain...all in one....

i tink why all these could have happen to me at this time...

sorrie for the long post, jus needed to pour it out too...

saw the previous post about CL and so good those who manage to get 1.8-1.9K

i called a few all quoted me 2K.. hubby say dun neg just in case their services also cut by $100

sad.gif

pinksorbet
*hugs* *hugs*
pray the pain will go away okay..
I also have cracked tooth since last month but it didnt hurt..i never check to dentist..also afraid he will want me to do root canal or anything risky..
sad.gif
but I plan to go dentist end nov when i go back Indo..dentist there alot cheaper than in sgp..i really pray its not that serious..and can wait until bb born then do something about it...

*hugz minnie and sun*

minnie - i didn't call the gynae cos the other day i called the nurse said besides panadol, better dun take other types of medicine...
i checked and re-checked with the GP this morning, he said the antibiotics is safe to take for pregnancy...my fren told me she took antibiotics when she was preggie too, so i tink the antibiotics should be mild type one...
if i dun take, oso cannot subside the swell and the pain

sun - i have actually thought about bearing with the pain till i give birth, but right now its difficult for me to eat cos its painful...wat if during confinement i oso cannot eat well? *sobz* i can't imagine...i feel so bad now cos actually now my appetite is back but i have this problem...dunno whether bb got enough nutrients anot...another thing i have to think about is gum infection...which may lead to other causes too...

i got a feeling my gynae will oso give me same answer as the nurse when i asked her...cos that was wat the nurse said...gynae will say the same thing...got a feeling the gynae won't give me definite answer....

since my fren oso did hers during pregnancy i may decide to go ahead with it....she told me the gum injection is jus to sooth the gum and will not cause harm to the bb...

*hugz miss83*

dunno how to bear with the pain cos its hurting me every now and then...the other day pain until i woke up four five times cos cannot sleep well...

ST - i have paid a $500 to my CL (ya i know its quite steep but its a risk i am taking) for the price she's asking...she ask for 2k too...

st
i tink the rate is btw 1.8k - 2k ba... as long as their service is gd, then shouldn't be any prob... cfm 1 tat u'll feel comfortable since she will be assisting u for a mth...

hi mar mummies!
happy.gif
I'm finally confirmed a mar mummy (EDD is 30 Mar) cos previously first scan shows 4 Apr.

I'm quite happy that this is an active thread and I can get to voice my concerns here with you all...sometimes it can get a little intimidating handling pregnancy esp it's my first one.

I see that no one has mentioned constipation....are you all ok with it? I've been suffering for more than a week and i've been feeling miserable.
sad.gif
Has taken stool softener and is waiting for it to happen....can't focus at work...it's affecting me and all i can think of is to visit loo soon.....

My DS is 21 Nov...still a long way to go....really can't wait. I looked forward to each scan so that I can see my baby
happy.gif
the joy is indescribable.

Welcome Hamsterden
I do have constipation occasionally. Normally i take some FM and the next day will be able to clear my bowel.

pinksorbert, yah till the end of scan..radiologist will take a pic (black & white) of the bb's face and dunnoe wat button she click, it will show a 3D face (coloured) then she will rotate the screen till the features are sharper to be seen. =)

Sayang pinksorbet, poor thing lor...but if the injection has no harm to bb..maybe just take the injection and see hw. toothache so bad cannot eat very poor thing one. *hug hug*

pinksorbet,
the injection is LA. If you think you can tolerate the pain, then dun take LA. Me is the kind that need 3 tubes of LA when doing root canal. But my dentist assure me doing it in 2nd trim, no harm.

sorbet
tat's make sense, tink u chk w yr gynae on yr next visit n see wat he said... realli hope yr toothache faster disappear n u can eat norm...

1840708.gif
liann!!!
yr bb gender oso dun noe yet?

pinksobet,
My tooth also ache like hell. The dentist actually wanted to pull out my teeth but then I haven't pass my 1st trimester, so she advise me to check with my gynae, she put medicine to temp. fill up to ease the pain. She did ask me either I want root cannel or pull out I start away say if need to I will just pull it out. I don't want to suffer the root cannel treatment, even they inject pain killer you will also pain like hell de. I got my sis who done it b4 as she got no choice coz is her front tooth. For mine is the back tooth so I guess to pull it out is better than root cannel treatment ba. You better check with gynae if it will affect the nerve. I have check if pull out is ok. Now Im also dragging whether to go pull out soon.

han li ann
i oso do suffer from constipation from time to time, u gotta eat a lot of fruits and veggies.. have a habit in having fruit every morning before eating breakfast, it works for me...

SG, cos during my DS they will measure a few things.. and after that a report will be given to me.. from the report i saw all within normal range only the abdominal diameter is way way off.. and the lady who do the DS for me did mention my bb waist is abit thick.. heee...

i also have tooth ache, but its bcos my molar suddenly decided to come out.. maybe too much calcium intake.. hee.. aiyo peiseh 26 yr old liao still grown tooth..

SG - yap may decide to go ahead with the injection...will still double confirm with Dr Heng again cos i'm really scared abt it
sad.gif

Ivy - what does LA stand for? my fren's gynae oso told her its ok to go ahead witht he root canel when she was in her 2nd tri...

sun - thanks thanks...i oso hope toothache faster disappear cos i cannot tahan

Jasmine - u scaring me leh...some who went thru the root canel before said after pain killer injection will not have any more feeling le...i thought this was the case as they did when i pulled out my wisdom tooth...no pain when doing that cos of the injection...the dentist will numb my nerve when i undergo the root canel lor...so i hope no feeling oso...

if i wanna do it i better get it done now cos i feel its the best time...tummy too big in the 3rd tri le...

mine is the pre-molar tooth...if counting from the front tooth to the right, should be the 3rd/4th tooth, quite near to the front too...
sad.gif
if its at the back i will most probably extract it out like wat u said lor...

welcome li ann

I have constipation too, sometimes ok sometimes not good...in fact at certain times i even have diahorrea...one moment constipation and the next diahorrea....however i do heard its normal to get piles during pregnancy...

drink more water...and try taking prune juice...fruits too...

pinksorbet
I just remembered that the last time I went to see my dentist was when I was 11 weeks pregnant. I asked him about my wisdom tooth, if I should pull it out..but he advised me to wait til 2nd trim as it's safer for us..
maybe it's okay to do root cannel on 2nd trim..

re: milk
mummies..lately i'm getting so bored with anmum milk..tho i have to admit that anmum taste the best among other pregnancy milk brand..
thanks to my hb..he just bought me meiji milk strawberry flavour..I love it so much! so now I switch to meiji for a while then later get back to anmum..
I heard from a friend that meiji milk is cheap and healthy too..coz it's fresh milk

pinksobert, i paid mine for $400 which after that also heart pain...so the rest i called even tough it's also $2k but they only asking for $200 deposit.

sunshine, ya the price is around this range but so far i called no one quoted me less than $2K

jasmine: i just came back from M&S vivo...they also dun have kids dept there...heard only wheelock... stupid parkway branch salesgirl told me vivo have then i go all e way there n got disappointed...haiz...

Miss83 - i oso having same thought...best to do during 2nd tri hor? can't imagine having to lie on that seat with my tummy in the 3rd tri, so uncomfortable than worse gotta open the mouth big big for the dentist to perform the op...

i tink i will check with my gynae on wed, then make an appt with the dentist on thurs...even if i can't go thru root canel i hope there are other methods to numb the pain or improve the situation i am in now...sighz

ST - i very heart pain oso...my this CL like so scared we play her out, even ask us to write on a piece of white paper said we paid her and still owe her $1.5k which is payable after her tenure...she kept the paper leh! pls lor, we should be the one who are scared she will run away rite?!

Actually dun feeling like giving her so much de, but dun wan to create unhappiness even b4 she start work....

pinksorbet,
yes, i agree with u that it should be us who are scared that she'll run away!
my CL quoted me $1.9k and asked for deposit of $200 or $300. so we gave her $200, just in case she really runs away... now we just pray hard lor, not so much about the money but really worried that if she plays us out, where to find a replacement last minute?

Pinkdemoness,
But is their sales still on? Wheelock and centerpoint got kids section. City hall don't have also. Wandering Plaza spore have kids section?

pinksobet,
In your case guess to bad you have to do it. I also scare of root cannel. Hope everything will be painless for you. Im thinking also when I should go pull out my tooth scare scare...

Elicia..wah looks like yr report very detailed wor....mine just indicate readings normal..no mention of the measurement, maybe my gynea will be able to run thru' the "x ray" pics ba..from there shld b able to tell. =)

pinksorbet, yah better to check with Dr Heng first at least gt her opinion..

Re: CL, i wonder if we are nt really satified with CL's performance by then hw har? i guess no choice still gt to let her carry on ba..like all based on luck & recommendation. Looks like quite alot of us here getting CL..me too..tink mine asked for $1.9K..my mil's fren recommended one. hopefully she's gd ba. btw, wld u all let bb sleep with CL or inside yr own room? me still struggling with this qns wor...my mil says shld let bb sleep with her..but like tat if i wanna breastfeed then gt to pump out and CL feeds my bb ah? like no bonding leh...hmmm....

Jtho - ya man exactly...that day my hb sorta hinted to my CL to sign on the paper that she has collected the $500 deposit from us, and we will keep the paper...however she doesn't seem to get it...

Jasmine - i suggest if the pain or condition is not severe or cause of concern wait till after u give birth then extract ba...

SG - a few days ago i called Jo (Dr Heng's nurse) up and asked her abt the root canel thing...she told me if i were to talk to Dr Heng she will give the same answer too (the risk we bear lor) so i have a feeling Dr Heng may not give a definite confirmation too...she even ask me to wait till after i give birth, but i tink by then my tooth will have got infected real bad....

Anyway will still check with Dr Heng on wed...

Regarding CL, i suggest u let her sleep with yr bb, cos no point in engaging one if u do not allow her to do that...as the point of employing a CL is to ease mummy's burden and let her have sufficient rest especially at night...i too thought about this issue too but decided to let my bb sleep with CL...at night she will wake me up if bb needs milk, otherwise just pump out the milk during the day so CL can feed yr bb at night when u r sleeping...

Try to get plenty of rest in the day when bb is sleeping too, so at least u still can afford to bf at night...my CL will probably knock on my door to wake me up and ask for me at night if i need to be ard to feed the bb...

Else u can try to bond with bb more during the day....at night u can rest and pump up the milk for CL to feed...

I guess its based on luck and recommendation to find a good CL lor...

pinksorbet, hmm..true ba norm. gynae will not give a definite answer..whether safe or nt safe..esp. pertaining to root canal..but anyway just ask n see wat she says.

good suggestion...hmm hao ba, i shall leave my bb with CL..else really no point paying. day time feed & play with bb..nite time pump milk to store for CL to feed at nite. =)

SG,pinksorbet
I was thinking the same too..at night will pump milk and give it to CL so i can sleep..
but my question is..if i bf the bb during the day and at night bb drink milk from bottle..will he be confused? what if he later reject my breast n prefer bottle?
I heard from one of the mummies that NUK teats are the most recommended as it's similiar to our nipple..but i'm still not sure..afraid that bb later will prefer bottle

Back