(2009/03) March 2009 MTBs

welcome sheryl to the thread!!
i feel uncomfortable when sneezing!!! seem like making the baby feel stress as well especially while lying down, i can feel him kicking me like telling me to stop tat coz he is getting some rest... aiyo.. even while standing, sometime the sneezing so great tat i simply feel tat bb is moving or frighten by it.. cant help it le...

1838957.png
sheryl

norm when i sneeze, i'll put 1 hand on my tum tum but can feel the impact... dun feel uncomfortable la...

Joyce,
Try to put more pillow and don't sleep flat on your head, you will feel better if you sleep at an angle. Flu need time to get better if you dont take medicine. Take care my dear.

St
BB is well-protected, don't worry.

Sheryl
You may do what Sun had done. Put 1 hand on your tummy to hold the sneezing impact so that you will not feel so unconfortable.

thanks alot.. finally i feel relieve.. so it is normal. and than one more thing, feel you sneeze during the time when feeling abit ugent.. any drip out?? sorry ah my question a bit embarassing..

pinkdemoness
Yes, visible twitches are normal. Last night baby gave me a few violent kicks. I was lying in bed with a stack of 15 pgs of A4 paper on my stomach. Then I saw the paper move!
1839015.gif
I removed the paper and saw my stomach twitch a few more times.

Flu
Joyce. My gynae said piriton (small yellow pill) is safe for cold.

Welcome Sheryl !
1839016.gif

Sneezing
I will also press my stomach when I sneeze. Not really uncomfortable, but got sort of pressure, cos stomach already so tight and big, when sneeze, stomach will stretch some more.

Sheryl
Yup, i do have some drip out. I will try to go to the ladies more often, due to the pregnancy we cannot hold our bladder too well.

Sheryl
Try not to hold your bladder for too long not good also. You will experience more leaking especially during 3rd trimester if you hold your bladder too long.

Kome
This is my first prenancy, very kan chiong.. i never really hold my baldder leh.. but now i'm 21 weeks my leaking is already quite bad.. i was think is it my badder got problem.. will my gynae be able to detect badder problem?

sheryl
ic... nope... u experience tat?
i tink oso depend on individual's bladder ba...
should be norm la... if u dun feel comfortable, mayb u can chk w yr gynae...

Sheryl
Normally gynae will just say that maybe bb had press onto your bladder thats why you cannot control well. You can just check with your gynae when you go for check up. Good to let him know also coz different people different pregnancy have different syptoms.

sunshinebaby
Lucky you.. my first leaking i got a shock, after awhile i decided to put pad.. so now everyday i will eith put panties liner or tissue, if not i will feel very insecure. but as Kome mention, it will be worse during the 3rd trimester..cannot imagine, maybe by than i might need pampers already..

Hey girls, I was told at my antenatal class at KKH that weakened pelvic muscles lead to incontinence (leaking of urine).

So we were advised to do pelvic floor muscle exercises also known as Kegel exercise. It's suppose to help. You might want to find out more and give it a go.

wow, so playing games seem so common in guys... sometime i just think of better side.. at least he is at home not out there drinking or gambling.. hee... but sometime i really feel lke pouring water into him laptop... haha... <evil>

sheryl, sometime when i cough/sneeze too hard i also my muscle cramp.. its like squeezing the little one inside,, they not happy.. hee.. as for leak i remember there is one type of pad specially for MTB to contain the leakage.. saw it at parenthood magazine. maybe u can go check it out..

me seem to be very weak since preggie.. almost every week will have to take MC.. either flu or headache and alway LS.. haiz... now start to have back ache also... jialet still got 5 more month.. think my back ache will get worst..

so envy those mothers that can attend antenatal class.. i alway wan to go but hubby keep saying he is busy..

re:flu
early pregnancy I also got bad flu..gynae give me medicine like syrup..i think lower dosage than the usual flu medicine..that's why it took longer to recover.. maybe you can ask for vitamin C to boost ur stamina?

re:flu
i had flu in the beginning of the month. Was prescribed priton too. But my flu took ard 3weeks to recover. Think med is in mild dosage as compared to last time when we are not preggie.

re:quarrels with hubby
Me too quarrels with hubby over housechores, $$, and his hobbies-Computer games. Think it's becoz I juz got married in Mar08 and still adapting to the newly married life and now been pregnant. Hubby is now more understanding, man needs more communication.

re:pain on the sides
I still have the pain for 2 weeks now.
sad.gif
Dunno need to bedrest for good or not. But lying in bed doesnt make my condition better. haiz, hope the pain will go away soon. Going for my DS next sat. So anxious after seeing so many of mommies have went for their DS already... cant wait for mine.

Miss83
Mine have been 3 weeks already. I seldom walked leh.....don't know is it because i am always wearing platform shoe or not. This week more serious.

kome
have u checked with ur gynae? coz i'm not sure if we have the same pain..
but shoes can play a role too..can cause pain too..the good one for us is wearing 2inch heel..not so flat and not so high..

minnie
I also just got married in march08!
happy.gif

did u also plan to have bb directly after married?

minnie
i oso hvn't done my DS... will be a wk later aft yrs... i'm oso anxious

u rest more to see whether the pain will subside anot... take care ok

Miss83
Not yet, my next appt on 18 Nov so intend to ask him that time. I have buy a pair of crocs santa cruz hope after changing the shoe will feel better.

alfafa, wintertime, kome..*hugs hugs* hope u all are feeling better nw...its good to let out your anger..i guess most of us do have some "unhappiness" with our hbs ba...esp. during pregnancy when we are like emotionally unstable + their not understanding..sometimes abit sian but wat to do..take in deep breath everytime u feel sad, stress or angry. =)

Wintertime, hee..maybe my bb's head kind of big ba...tats why the estimated weight is like 519g at week 22. hahaha..

pinksorbet, yah lor...i also disappointed wor..with the steep px we are paying i tot we'll have like some interesting 3D scan pics to keep. i tot hb can go in mah..coz usually at Dr Heng's there he can see during scanning..but yest'd at ESH they asked him to sit outside until the last part. they do a face scan in 3D..but no pic was given..i lagi sian..basically the radiologist just do her own scan w/o any explanation like this is the heart lah..etc..so the whole scanning is like borr..ring and i have to figure it myself. let's hope there will be another radiologist on your detailed scan maybe better ba.

kome
i think mayb u swith to flat soled shoes and see if it relieves ur pain. Shoes do play a part, i think.

miss83
u r a mar08 bride to?! =D actually didnt think so much about it leh. Hubby n I juz let nature takes it's course. kekekeke..

Thanks sun!

kome
mayb platform realli cannot wear, tink once u chg flat shoe should be ok ba...
me since preggy, nvm touch my heels lor...
anyway, my hb oso dun allow me to wear too...

SG
Thanks

Minnie &amp; Sun
Hope so. Actually my platform shoes abt 2 inches high so i thought should be fine. Who know this might cause the pain. Will try on flat sole shoes and see how till my next check up.

SG
mayb diff hospital will do the scan differently?
hope my DS done at TMC will not be in tis way, i still prefer the radiologist to explain to me while she scan...

sunshinebaby, I cannot attend alone lah.. haha.. cos even if going for my gynae appt alone, when i see all couple couple i will be very sad one leh... very emo hor.. hee..

SG, your bb have big head, my bb have big tummy.. think the range is out of the percentile..

miss83, mine DS was at was TMC too, don't know why it was more expensive than yours
sad.gif
At least my radiologist was very good.

SG, I think you paid more because it was 3D scan? Next time, if you're not happy with the service don't be afraid to ask questions. I was asking so many questions to my radiologist and gynae. Maybe that's why he gave me extra pictures for free - to shut me up haha

elicia
ic... tink i'll feel the same as u ba if hb not by my side... else u can find ans to yr queries here as some mummies hv experiences so they are able to help u...

irene
me oso get a pair of crocs when i'm ard wk4 but now finding the shoe getting a bit tight, not tat comfort compare to b4, was wondering did my leg grow during these few mths anot... ummm...

sunshine, no worry i have done mine at TMC... the lady explained very clearly.. which is which.. the chamber in the heart, facial (to check for cleft lip) and wad she looking at... she even print one close shot of my baby face for me to keep.. hee my bb have daddy nose.. but eyes is close so dunno look like me or daddy.. she even show us bb little feet and we manage to see the little boy playing with his toes, pushing the placenta and rubbing face... although black and white but whenever the lady spotted some interesting stuff she will tell us, then me and hubby will stare at the screen trying to visualize wad she is saying.. hee.. she even show us bb birdie and tell us can go shopping lor.. haha.. hope your DS will be fun like mine...

elicia
how much u pay for the DS at TMC? heard fr yr experience, hope mine will be fun as yrs too...
dun noe is it all radiologist @ TMC will be doing the same stuffs n hope she will give me a close shot of my bb face too...
1840088.gif

elicia...
waahh your story makes me so excited! haha..cant wait for my DS on monday..
can we clearly see bb eyes too? my mom wants to know if bb got big or small eyes..

minnie
ya..got married 8 march 08
happy.gif

actually didnt plan to have bb directly..but along the way we think we want it and then try..one month after that my pregnancy test showed positive
happy.gif
thank God..

yar miss83, like kome said, bb eyes always closed... the gynae said will only open at later stage.. so what we see is 2 lines hee.. so dunno like me or daddy... we also very egar to see he have big or small eyes.. me have big eye and hubby got smal small eyes... we can only see the shape of the nose.. which confirm not like mine.. cos the lady said bb have sharp nose.. haha.. and i have flat nose...
sad.gif

sunshinebaby, i think mine is $285 bah.. haha forget lor.. cos hubby paid one.. lolz..

ohh..i thought can see the eyes bone wide or not..my friend said she could see from the scan that her bb got big eyes..and when she was born, she does have big eyes..

miss83 maybe by judging the length of the lines can predict big or small bah.. but again there is chances of long narrow eye mah.. hee..

elicia
thks for yr info... but i rem there's 1 mummy did for <$150 at TMC... wondering did i see wrongly anot...

pinkdeoness,
I went Paragon M&amp;S and guess what seems like the sales is over liao wor. Humm wandering is it last day yesterday or just that paragon dont have the sales on coz they don't even have the children section there?? But I did brought some clothes from Lucky Plaza at the SONG &amp; SONG shop at level 1. They got Old Navy and GAP stuff that also.

Back