(2009/01) January 2009 MTBs

hi snow, I have been craving for fast food in particular fries too!

at this stage i suppose different mummies will have different reactions to food - i can't stand fish and huge chucks of pork for now...

hi all,
I dun noe which 1 to join so i've decided to join this instead :p

I'm a new MTB....or rather very worried MTB

bluen16: me having constipation. had that since young and now preg it gets worse. same like u, take alot of vibre, fruits, veggie, water but din help.

today i can't stand drinking plain water. think of it only wanna vomit.

snow: haha you think of the yellow mee you wanna vomit. i think of fish cake (those that are sliced and put in fishball noodles) i wanna vomit! siao liao

troubled: first of all, change your nick lah.
happy.gif
welcome & u troubled abt what? care to share? we mummies here got natural remedy to make ppl laugh & cheer up..

haha.. i like fries too.. always get my sis to tabao fries back..

welcome troubled.. dun be too troubled..
happy.gif

bluen16
i have slight constipation, but it is easliy sloved by taking spicy food. heehee bcoz i will sure do big biz after i makan spicy food now =p

troubled
yah, like wat samval said, change your nick. seeing your nick, anyone will feel troubled. do voice out, i guarantee you you will feel much better afer pouring out.

hello everyone

I'm new to this group.
happy.gif
Now expecting our #2. due in early Jan08.

Hi Bluberi, I read about your spotting. I experienced that with my #1 and now with my #2 too. As first time mom then, being clueless, I was very anxious and frightened. But my gynae was very reassuring and told me that resting (bed rest!) will make it go away. So, I've got a one week MC to rest at home. It's really boring staying in bed/sofa all day long, but it really helped. Cheer up! Rest well, eat and relax and the spotting will stop. Don't worry
happy.gif

yippy
welcome!

gezzam
planning for a hoilday? =) i just back from my thailand trip, just need to be extra careful. engery level was low too, i find its best to go during our 2nd trim, 3rd trim we will be too heavy to move around.

Hi rachel,

2 days before i found out i am pregnant, i bought tix to NY. It will be a 20hr flight ... i worry abt the baby and if i can tahan the long journey ... cos i always get tail-bone cramp ...

Dr Heng says ok to go in 2nd tri, but not 1st and 3rd.

Thank, rachel!

hi gezzam

I just came back from phuket. I only found out I was preggie when I came back. But when I was really tired when I was there...so do take extra care.

most airlines have restrictions on travelling in 3rd trimester. So better check with your airline if you're travelling in your 3rd trimester.

I suppose just check with your gynae. If he gives you the green light, then should be ok.

gezzam
20hrs flight will be too long for you... will be very taxing for your body. is it for biz or leisure? see whether it can be compromise by postponing this trip. since your gynae is not in favour for this long hours flight, take this into consideration.

mine was just a 2hour flight so my gynae gave green light and ask me to walk around during the flight and take plenty of water.

i went to phuket when i was 12 or 14wks during my first pregnancy.
before that i was no appetite to eat at all.. but after 1 or 2 day at phuket, my appetite changed back, so enjoyed quite a lot of good food.
guess 2nd trim is the best time to go.

Hi all MTBs,
I'm expecting my 1st baby, EDD is 18 Jan 09.
Have been feeling bloated since last week but it seems to get worse and I'm feeling really uncomfortable. Luckily, I still have my appetite, but cravings are more for fast food like KFC...

My gynae is Dr Joycelyn Wong from TMC but planning to deliver in Mt A or Mt E instead.

gezzam: me never travel for 1st & 2nd preg so cannot comment.
happy.gif
wish i can take a trip now once i hit 2nd trimester but dunno hb will allow or not.

<font color="0000ff">Jan2009 MTBs!!!</font>

<table border=1><tr><td>#</TD><TD>Nick</TD><TD></TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>BB Gender</TD><TD>Child #</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Gynae </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>Kellie</TD><TD></TD><TD>1-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr KT Tan </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Gek</TD><TD>WAHM</TD><TD>2-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>bluen16</TD><TD></TD><TD>3-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>MtA</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>daymoon</TD><TD></TD><TD>6-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>MtA</TD><TD>Dr Wong Mun Tat </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Chere</TD><TD></TD><TD>6-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Sperzz</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>6-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>Precious_bb</TD><TD></TD><TD>6-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Judy Wong </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>selenal</TD><TD></TD><TD>9-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>blessedmum</TD><TD></TD><TD>9-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Metta Koh</TD><TD></TD><TD>10-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr KT Tan </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>mercsboy</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>11-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>mimylassy</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>11-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>novakido</TD><TD></TD><TD>12-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>usa</TD><TD>Dr James Johnson </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>peppertutu</TD><TD></TD><TD>13-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>MtA</TD><TD>Dr Gordan Tan </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>nicole</TD><TD></TD><TD>13-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Judy Wong </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>xpink_xuanx</TD><TD></TD><TD>14-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>MtA</TD><TD>Dr. Daniel KK Lee </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>Tanwawas</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>14-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>Cherryale</TD><TD></TD><TD>15-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>Dr KK Chow </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>Stephanie</TD><TD></TD><TD>15-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Eunice Chua </TD></TR><TR><TD>20</TD><TD>swan</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>17-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Michele Lee </TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>redrain</TD><TD></TD><TD>18-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi </TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>yiwen</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>18-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi </TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>miffy_ang</TD><TD></TD><TD>18-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>MtA/MtE</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong </TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>Ni</TD><TD></TD><TD>20-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>MtA</TD><TD>Dr. Ho Hon Kwok </TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>De_luxe</TD><TD></TD><TD>20-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>snow</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>26-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr Yap Min Li </TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>Pinkie Pirate</TD><TD></TD><TD>26-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>Dr Chan Kong Hon </TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>Gezzam</TD><TD></TD><TD>26-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>ESH</TD><TD>Dr Heng TL </TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>JS</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>28-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>MtA</TD><TD>Dr. Ho Hon Kwok </TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>Samval</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>30-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi </TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>Stokke</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>30-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>MtE</TD><TD>Dr Kowa Nam Sing </TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>janjan16</TD><TD></TD><TD>31-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC </TD></TR><TR><TD>33</TD><TD>bLuBeRi</TD><TD>FTWM</TD><TD>31-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD></TR><TR><TD>34</TD><TD>Rachel</TD><TD>SAHM</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr Jeanette Chen </TD></TR><TR><TD>35</TD><TD>puppylove</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Beh </TD></TR><TR><TD>36</TD><TD>Jo</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Sim LN </TD></TR><TR><TD>37</TD><TD>conniemummy</TD><TD></TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>??</TD><TD>Dr Woo Bit Hua </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

MTBs!!!

I'm back from check up. now can see the sac. doc even printed the picture for me. too bad.. baby's features not formed yet. so never smile at the camera. haha. at least now the worry of why nothing on the scan is down liao.

sudenly feel like eating pizza.. have to specifically say no pineapple ... i want to eat pineapple!!!

btw, i wetnt to motherhood just now. nothing much leh. maybe we are still far away from our EDDs.. so like nothing really suitable for us. but alot of pple waiting to pounce on you to buy insurance. AIA, GE prudential

Bluberi... glad u are fine. hey.. you work at tanjong pagar area also ah? maybe we could meet up for lunch some day.. hehe
happy.gif

janjan: congrats.
happy.gif
at least now no need to worry to much. How many weeks are you? Can see heartbeat already?

Hmmm.. now dunno really wanna head down to motherhood fair or not. a bit lazy...and my younger gal also not feeling well. sigh.

hey ladies , by the time i am travelling, it would be the beginning of 4 months.

will see how when i reach the date of travelling .. if too tired, cant go liao.

rachel - going to attend to family matter

Re: Long travel when preggie

I flew on a non-stop 18hr flight to LA when I was 5mths preggie with my #1. There was generally no hindrance to my travelling, but I prepared a letter from my gynae certifying my EDD in case SQ wants to check. The flight was very good, with plenty of leg room. Hb and I enjoyed the flight just eating and watching movie/playing games and sleeping. Just remember to get up and walk abt and stretch your legs every 2 hrs.

Gezzam,
The 2nd trimester will be the only 3 mths when we will truly enjoy the pregnancy - no MS or tiredness, and stomach is not that big yet. It's good your travelling date falls on your 4mth. Shd be alright to travel.

Hai, din sleep well last nite, keep waking to go toilet, so xian... then in the morning, just after waking up, had rather bad cramps, feels like period cramps, lucky no spotting. Haven't been having MS but recently feel very bloated after every meal.

bluberi glad to have ur update, it must have been scary. I would have panicked too if I were you. Rest well n try not to worry too much. It's good that your family is very supportive.
happy.gif

mercsboy yes, think positive. Hope all goes well for you.

i think in the old days, pple have kids much much younger than us now and their lives have already been much more siong than ours so they are naturally tougher. Besides, medical advances were only made later on, sometimes more knowledge is not necessary a better thing, end up to know more, worry more.

samval hope u din throw up during the meeting!

mimylassy I was planning to whack chilli crabs when i get back, beening missing it... just wasn't sure if I can eat or not cuz I can't eat crabs when i'm having period, will give me very bad cramps and heavy bleeding. There's a word that my mum uses for it but i can't remember it... i hope it wouldn't have same effect on me during pregency.

Any reason why cannot eat banana? I tot it's supposed to be a good source of fibre, iron and folate?

Other foods that pregnant women can't take are food that hasn't been cooked using heat, e.g. smoked salmon, soft and unpasterized cheese like brie and camembert as well as terrines and pates. Deep sea fish e.g. shark, tuna, salmon should be taken sparingly cuz of potentially high mercury levels. Try to avoid eating salads outside in case they haven't been washed properly. Salads at home are fine since usually we take more care to clean them.

rachel m now SAHM but probably will be PTWM when i return to sg

bluen I'm dying for hokkien mee!!

troubled welcome, care to share whats bothering you? it's not good for the baby if mom's unhappy.

JS have you told your hubby? how did he react? Hope you are getting over feeling upset abt this pregnancy... your boy will be almost 24 mths by the time #2 is born, that's quite a good age gap already. Come to think of it, at least he has 2 yrs undivided attention whereas #2 and subsequent babies will have to share attention from Day 1.

Sorry gals for the nick there :p

Any1 having bad cramps at the very start of your pregnancy? I've experience very bad cramps 3 times and had to take painkillers. At that time I wasn't aware that i'm pregnant.

So quickly visited a gynea but he says too early stage, my scan couldn't see a thing. Only mentioned my womb is thickening. Like that only then i started having brown stains, found that it's quite common.

Thank god my stainings have stopped. Till now the gynea still no mention if my baby is stable anot :-(

Rather worried......

is it ok to tell close friends of my pregnancy or better to wait till after 12 wks when the pregnancy is stable?

funne: such a coincidence, how old is ur elder kid now?

rachel: thanks for adding me to the list and sharing the maternity clothing link. i'm also thinking to get a few pieces as i'm getting fatter by the day. heard folic acid and milk powder will make us fat, which may explain my growing tummy though baby is still so tiny.

hi girls, i am back with my review.

some cells in my ovaries is no gd, could be due to cancerous or due to pregnant hormone change, so have to go for further ultrasound of pelvis is advised.

then also there are 2 small lumps which is benign in my both breasts, so far still ok as most woman will have, so advice me to go for regular ultrasound of breast every 6 mths.

haiz...

suika, great that u had changed yr nick...if u say u r troubled, u will lo...must think positive...you only spotting, you see my case, isnt that worse? right?

be a happy mummy ok...

janjan16: i went to the motherhood fair also after my review. i think ok leh...palmer cream having discount, and my hubby made me buy many tubes, and there are alot of freebies given leh...got samples, bags, hair mousse, even got a baby name book FOC etc.

then i subscribed to the motherhood magazine for a year, then there is one big bag of goodies leh, inside got alot of things also like detergent, cream, plaster, sample pampers (i think 2 pc) and some others FOC 2 yrs subscription even more freebies.

then i filled up a form at friso counter, was given a small gift with a milk container and then a free tin of mum for pregnant mummies, you even get to try the milk, i think it is yummy leh...

then register at nestle counter, got free movenpick icecream (yummy!) and a baby bib leh...

there are some nursing bras and others on sales also, but i think its too early to buy, so i buy stuff for myself only lor...

miffy: i personally think if u are not pantang can tell what right? but of coz dun tell each and every one la, maybe like in office, u definitely have to tell someone, or else who to help u when u need to carry some stuff or climb up &amp; down leh?

for me, my family know, my best friend, my 2 colleagues know...those normal friends havent tell yet. hubby even more pantang, he told 1 person only

samval: i am planning for a short trip to BKK in august lor...no choice coz i think long trips i cant tahan, then also now the fares are ex!! hubby is 1/4 thai, so he suggested going BKK to stock up some maternity wear and baby stuff. the dress there are cheap....less than $10 only.. but no budget air for me, i want comfort...

de-luxe: no din throw up during the meeting. but i excused myself to go out and grap some biscuits cos aft throwing up all liquid this morning, i was starving!!

suika: how bad are the cramps? very painful? cos if it is just a bit of crampy feeling then shld be ok. also brownish spotting is ok too. maybe it is too early to tell from the scan that's why gynae could not see anything. i was like that too. saw gynae at 4 weeks then can't see anything. can only see womb thickening. went back at 5 weeks and only saw a small tiny dot which is the sac. so tmrw (6 weeks) i'm going back to gynae again to see if can see heartbeat. maybe the reason why your gynae did not tell you if pregnancy is stable or not cos its too early to tell. and usually the first 12 weeks is the most fragile period of the whole pregnancy. how many weeks are u now?

miffy ang: i told my team mates and my superiors. guess we need to weigh the benefits of telling verses the risk of not telling. (refer to my previous post)
happy.gif

wah snow: your dream really huh!!! heng is not you dreamt of some particular food in the middle of the nite, then wake up with saliva drooling...hehe...joking huh...

mercsboy: when do you need to go for a review on your ovaries? anyway, i'm glad that everything turn out ok. you will be ok, i assure you that.

i admire your strength and courage and positiveness. it really helps when i read all these.

haha you really good ah. go motherhood fair &amp; so detail. din know Friso had milk for preg mum? yes i agree u shld take a short trip to BKK to buy maternity clothes there. very much chearper. over here one blouse is aldy $50 and above. if on sale also not cheap. cant find anything that is worth $10 for maternity clothes here. way to go girl..make yourself happy
happy.gif

btw wanted to ask but always forgot. you said ur previous gynae is Dr Chen at pggl. may i ask why u travel so far all the way to pggl just to see her when u don't stay around that area? also, heard that she got a case for negligence and was warned by the medical association of spore or something like that. any idea?

forget to mention, at the motherhood magazine counter, just fill up a form and will be given a free copy of June magazine...

samval: ya lo, i maintain positive and carefree coz i want to be a happy mummy and have a happy baby...so i am spreading my happiness to everyone here....dont u think i talk nonsense at times?? my next visit to the gynae is 26th june, so prob will check with him...wonder why i not kan cheong rite? aiya, if really cancer or what, 3 weeks early or late doesnt make a difference la...so might as well see gynae on my next visit and see what he say.

ya...when i went to the fair, i was thinking when reach home, want to share what i had at the fair so you mummies here can get free stuff too. i didn know friso have milk for pregnant ladies too, all along tot only enfa-mama and anmum...but the friso milk is nice really...can drink chilled also...free drop by and try.

ya, previous gynae was dr chen @ puggol. was recommended by my hubby best friend wife actually, coz i was looking for a female gynae for pap smear. oh really? she had a case ma? didn know about that, but her clinic not as packed lor, usually just have to wait 5-10 minutes for your turn. she is expensive also, and i find her attitude not so good, not caring also, everything money only.

suika yah that's true, i've had cramps several times so far, although today was most painful. Well, it's indeed too early for gyne to tell if the baby is stable for fear of giving you false hope or making you unnecessarily worried. As far as we all know, the 1st trimester is the most unstable period and are all keeping our fingers crossed for things to turn out well. So dun worry so much, we're all in the same boat, the less stress on you the better.

miffy it's very personal, depends on how comfortable you are with sharing the news. We've not told many pple so far, just our parents and immediate family. 2 of my frens know and i told my ex-boss too cuz he was asking me to re-join the company when i return to sg.

mercs looks like it's not so serious... keep your chin up
happy.gif

thanks for the info on the expo, sounds like a good deal, too bad i can't go. Hopefully there'll be another one around the 3rd trimester.

hi ladies... seems like today's topic is on cravings? mi oni craving for pizza hut... at least eating it once a week one.. muz be curry chicken flavour!!

juz nw went to see dr. adrian again.. did an ultrasound again.. so happy finally can see bb's heartbeat flickering away. yesterday can't even see with the v-scan. was told to take the hormones pills thrice daily instead of twice daily. next fri muz go back for check-up again. hopefully no more spotting.

hmmmm...seems like u all see the gynae once every 2 weeks? i seen my gynae at 6th week &amp; 8th week, then the next visit is one month later i.e. 26th june...

sorry for posting at this odd hour.... been sleeping and then waking at odd hours for the past few nights. i always wake up at 1am to go toilet, and then ard 4 or 5am will wake up again, toss and turn, can't really go back to deep sleep after that. sigh.... anyone having the same problem?

samval, i rem you were mentioning that you were having trouble sleeping, is it?

my friend was telling me my sleeping and waking times will probably be an indication of the times my new baby will be waking up for milk. if that's the case, not too bad, 2x a night.... haha. but then again, when I was preg with my #1, i slept very well, but end up when born, he always wake up and cry every 1-2 hrs leh.

bluberi, i'm sure you were overjoyed and comforted to see your bb's heartbeat
happy.gif

mercsboy, i'm impressed by your positiveness. keep it up!

de_luxe, del monte bananas are especially "cooling", so best to avoid them, the same way we will avoid watermelons etc.

Re: Travelling

I was asking my hb whether we can have a short trip somewhere, maybe to Perth, before the arrival of our #2. Cos when we have 2 kids, it's going to be doubly hard to travel!! We were kind of traumatised by a short trip to Thailand with our #1 when he was 9 mths old, so I have not flew since then. Now that he is older and a little more sensible, it's time to bring him out of singapore see see look look liao.

So new mummies out there, go and travel and see the world before your babies come out!

bluberi: good morning &amp; vry nice to hear that ! now can ease your mind a little. Just remember to take it easy and do things slowly until you pass the first trimester. You said that the other day cant see anything thru v scan then the next day can. Wow, one day really makes a difference issit? I din know that. pizza ah? haha. me now think of food i wanna vomit.

twws: Yes I'm also like you. wake up to go to the toilet and try to sleep but cant, so keep tossing and turning. by the time i fall asleep again is around 3 plus then i have to get up at 6am to get ready for work. i also hate the feeling. i don't drink water before going to bed, but still wake up to pee. today is sat and i was up since 6am. Another thing is, at night i cant simply fall asleep. I dont know why. i feel very sleepy/tired but the mind simply cant shut off. don't think of anything also cant sleep. very sian. for my first two pregnancies, i don't have this during the early stage, only have it during the final stage. The best part is that i dont feel fatigue at all unlike those first trimester symptoms. What abt you? do you experience what i have? Care to share what happen during your Thailand trip with your #1?

mercsboy: ya Dr. Chen had a case. don't really know what happen but just that she kena warning. when are u planning your trip to BKK? i see my gynae every 2 weeks cos first time I was only 4 weeks so nothing much to see. then today (6 weeks) she ask me to go back to check can see bb heartbeat or not. i think once everything is cleared today, then most probably the next appt is monthly already. if today can't see the heartbeat yet then have to go down again next week or 2 weeks time. sigh... at this time cant sign package yet so spend every visit not cheap wor...

i won't be going to the motherhood fair this weekend cos my #2 is sick and down with bronchitis. maybe another time lor. donno they have another one at end of the year or not?

mumies, today i'm going down to TMC for my 6 week check-up and i'm really praying hard that can see the heartbeat by today. so anxious. pray for me and wish me luck. keeping fingers and toes crossed now.
happy.gif

samval: doc showed me something white and flickering. is that called baby heartbeat? he never say leh. doc says its 6 weeks and that its now still a cell and someparts will grow into hands, legs, head etc. never say thats the heartbeat. so i assume no heartbeat yet lor. next check up wil be 2 weeks later.

asked him if can don't take the irritating pill that caused dizziness he say cannot and being dizzy is a good thing. walao. but he very funny, explained alot on how to save $$ on the pregnancy. he rather we spend on quality food for ourselves and baby then to go stay in the 1-room ward in the hospital. haha.. afterall we're gg to there to give birth, not holiday.

we're still contemplating if we should go TMC cos it seems that many pple are giving birth there, and i'm afraid it'll be too cramp. skali all of us labour pain at ard the same time.. will the hopspital run out of rooms? and doc says he can choose TMC or Mt A. ask us not to go for gleneagles cos he scared we'll be stuck at traffic jam at orchard road, then end up baby will be born before we reach hospital. dam funny.

mercsboy: indeed there's a lot of freebies there. but since i was alone, i dare not sign up for the magazine. cos i'm scared it'll be too heavy for me to carry. i also took the free june issue even tho i alr have one at home. and hor, i hate milk wor. so when they ask me to try friso, i freak out. haha.. i alr have 1 tube of stretch mark cream, so didn't think of buying the set. i think i don't feel pregnant enough, thats why the stuff there didn't really interest me ba.

bluberi: i craved for pizza ystdy too. then ordered pizza without pineapple. strangely, after the pizza arrive, i could only take 1 slice and then i feel yucky liao. then make hubby eat the rest of it. i think if this goes on, he'll be the one to put on weight, not me hehe.

MTBs: anyway, the good news have spread. i know my colleagues. all of them cannot shut their mouths, go around spreading for me. one even say.... not you say de ma.. that means confirm its her spreading for me lor. now it has become an open secret. also good. i can officially be a pregnant girll and enjoy all the privileges such as being late for work due to MS or taking MC as and when i feel like skiving. heheh

twws:

i'm also like u.. cannot sleep thru the night. so tired i dozed off ard 8 ir 9 pm. then keep waking up. now my sleep pattern changed a little. instead of waking at 3am then toss and turn till 5 to sleep again, i will drag my bedtime till 10 or 11pm then sleep. will wake ard 1am and 3.30am to pee.. then sleep (like got sleep like never sleep, i also don't know) till morning, 7am then cannot sleep anymore.

janjan: the white and flickering thing is the heartbeat. haha your doc so funny. good to have gynae that is once in a while humerous also. you mean doc gve u the pill to stop dizziness issit?

Hello All,

So many posts already..happy to see everyone's progress..guess we are roughly at the same stage, bloatedness, MS, wishing 1st trimster fly past fast...I feel so tired during weekdays..sleep at 10pm every night..so only post during weekends..

Wana update my visit to the gynae last week..very interesting..bb was 8weeks..grown so much since the last time. Heart beat is the flickering thing, and it flickers so0oooo very fast...BB was very active too..one moment was sitting up, the next was at sleeping position..hubby said he saw BB did 360 degrees turn...guess BB was having fun in me...haha..though can't see features yet, but can see the shape, like a bean.

I will be goin back for blood test and Oscar end June. Anyone doing blood test too? Wonder why we need blood test. I am thinking if I should skip the blood test, as I fear injections. I think my next visit to the gynae will be a scary one for me =(

Me also crave all sorts of food, mcdonalds fries,old chang kee curry puff,curry chicken,fried egg,chicken rice,fried carrot cake...all the unhealthy stuff...haha...hope BB will not be too big!

mercsboy, thanks for sharing info on the fair..I'll be popping by later =)

bluberri gd to hear that things are progressing well
happy.gif

twws i've been having trouble sleeping the past 2 days, find it difficult to fall asleep even tho i'm tired, then will wake at 3am to go toilet. Thanks for the info on the bananas.

precious bb i seem to crave unhealthy stuff too, things that are very high in sodium like instant noodles and hot dogs, usually i eat instant noodles like once in a few months but i've already eaten 2 packets in 1 wk! Trying to ren...

Wow, you can see so much at 8 wks, can't wait for me to get back to sg and have next scan, by then shld be ard 11 - 12 wks liao...

I've done the blood test, think it's quite routine to check what you're immunized against.

oh. so the flickering thing is heartbeat ah. haha... stupid gynae make alot of jokes out of it. never tell me that is the heartbeat.

i ask him can don't take the pills or not cos i feel dizzy after that. then he say cannot. its to balance my hormones. and being dizzy is a good thing. must take. walao... so means i have to bear with the dizziness lor.

precious bb... sounds so fun.. can see your bb swimming inside.

i also asked doc if i need to do any tests, he said if there's test to do it'll be after 3 or 4 months ba. right now, i only need to do urine test each visit. i think its to test for protein and don't know wwat else la.

oh ya, the day before i saw our co doc, she says my blood pressure a bit high. ystdy gynae checked, he said ok. passed!. phew!

de luxe, yap..same here..I also try to ren my cravings..but not easy..usually I compensate with a healthy meal after 1 un-healthy meal..

Yap, I was suprise to see bb moving so much too..

Janjan16, think better take the pills, it'll be good for ya..dizzyness, sleepyness, MS are all part of a healthy pregnancy..I use to dread it when i was week 6..use to cry after I puke every morning..then must drag myself to work..cus very xin ku..but now I am use to it le..though MS is getting worse =)

Doctor is right, test will come only after 12 weeks or so..I will be doing Oscar and blood test at week 12..thankfully your blood pressure ok =)

Back