(2009/01) January 2009 MTBs

Hi Ladies, congrats to all.. Just want to share with u on what i found on the internet.

孕产妇必吃18种食物
1 猪血
2 豆浆
3 牛奶
4 猪蹄
5 乌鸡
6 香菇
7 鲫鱼
8 鸡肉
9 :虾
10 菠菜
11 橙子
12 木瓜
13 香蕉
14 火龙果
15 芹菜
16 白菜
17 板栗
18 红枣

yiwen, hihi ya me too with Dr. Khi
happy.gif
Maybe we will meet at the clinic one day!
happy.gif

novakido, i think i will go and test again using the clearblue test kit. Sigh this morning tested again and the same thing, just a faint line. Told my hubby but he said its better to see gynae for ultrasound and to confirm pregnancy, cos now seems like got line, then suddenly faint line, so really dunno leh. But its true that if its negative, should NOT HAVE LINE AT ALL rite?

Mummies, i find it quite strange cos for my 1st two pregnancies, i tested on the day i missed my menses and got very clear 2 lines appear. But this time round very faint leh. Anyone knows why?

Anyway i gonna see gynae in 2 weeks, but maybe i shld ask for earlier appt...

wah .. pinkie! Thanks for ur info and congrats to u! I was still thinking of sourcing around which is the one to buy..! wah u tested so many times? I only tested once myself and once at GP to confirm.
blueberri: That time when i see dr woody, i also just saw a sac.. in fact that time was only 1 cm.. about 5 weeks.. will be going back this monday.. cant wait to hear the heartbeat.. it wld be 7 weeks old soon!!

Morning all, this thread is moving so fast and so happy to see many more MTBs...

Pinkie Pirate, thanks for sharing, Where can I buy the Decleor Perfect Sculpt Stretch Mark Restructuring Gel-Cream? Is it really good or body shop better? Currently using clarins oil but thinking if I should combine with some moisturing cream...you're very cute leh...baby say "hello" to you everyday..

Yah, I agree, I feel that MTBs milk makes me put on weight, feel so bloated and full after the cup of milk..so I am reducing to once a day instead...hope its ok..haha

Corrine, my skirts and pants are also quite tight now and didnt wana start wearing maternity clothes too..so I wear dresses almost everyday..more comfy..

Rachel, thanks for updating my info =)

Novakido, I guess you're lucky that you've not put on too much weight, as long as bb is growing, its ok..do you drink MTBs milk? Sigh..I guess I wana reduce my food in-take..yesterday met my sister, she said I grow rounder from 2 weeks ago..Sometimes feel quite upset when I see how my body is changing..used to visit the gym 3 times a week and have a fit and body..now I am starting to be out-of-shape..haha..=(

Good morning all MTBs

samval, u try to test in the early morning when u going for ur 1st pee. When Dr Khi help to me to test during my 1st visit & the line is not clear at all, becasue I drink planty of water before, so the urine too "clear". So at there moment i don't believe i was preg but she assure me is preg bcos she can see the line. After that I got the same test kit back & tested in next day morning. Finally see a very clear line.

Pinkie Pirate, I just apply the palmer's stretch marks cream yesterday night but i don't like the smell. Haha , try to finsih it & buy body shop type.

novakido, yes already started bcos I saw my gf stomark is very scarily. So I very work very hard to prevent & reduce.

bLuBeri, I don't feel hungry after that taken standard meal as same as before I preg. My sis say i a bit unnormal.

Samval, I tested when I was at 5weeks, also getting faint line..read from somewhere that it could be due to our body not producing enough hormones yet (early stage), so the line is still faint..but I think 90% you'r preggie..Congrats!! For me, I was too excited and want to confirm asap, my gynae could only see me in abt 2-3 weeks time, so I randomly looked for another gynae with available appt that day...did a v-scan and so happy to see the sac...remember to start taking Folic acid okay?

Pinkie Pirate, the convertion frm pounds to kgs is 1 pound = 0.45359kg
happy.gif
but my weighting scale is in kg so if increse 1 pound is difficult see on the scale.

good morning all

hav question about bb's size. saw some post that around 5 weeks, sac already 1cm but can't detect heartbeat. But how come mine only 0.35cm at 6 weeks and can hear heartbeat le.

any comments?

<font color="0000ff">Precious bb, i think Tangs Orchard can get Decleor.

Swan, I think your measurement of 0.35 cm is for the bb/foetus which will grow inside the sac, whereas the previous post the measurement is for the sac, not the bb/foetus.

DUPHASTON - Duphaston is a substitute for progesterone, which will help to stabilise the pregnancy in the sense that it will help to prevent cramps and spotting and bleeding. In the USA, they banned it because overdosage and misuse can lead to defects in the bb, but generally, if used within the recommended dosage, should be fine.</font>

hihi,

i just did another test using the clearblue kit. and yes! can see the positive line very clear! so shld be around 4 weeks plus now...
happy.gif

thanks all &amp; let's journey together !

dear mummies, i used clarins tonic oil for my last pregnancy and no stretch marks. It smells good and i really liked it. Think for the whole pregnancy i used about 4 bottles. I tried palmer before but broke out in rashes.

samval when i first tested, it was about 2 weeks after conception, so was a faint line, the following day, when i tested in the morning, the line was much clearer. Do see a gynae, should at least be able to see the sac from vaginal scan.

sel, i am waiting for hb to come back then go and see gynae on tue. During my last appt when i was 5 weeks, still cant hear heartbeat. Gynae said usually at 6 to 7 weeks then can hear, so i really hope for that to happen, this also signify the stability of the pregnancy.

blessedmum, mi still got 1.5wks before i hit week 7.. neck growing long liao
happy.gif

tink palmers is the cream dat make some MTB break out in rashes rite?

maybe we can consolidate orders on strawberrynet?

Samval! Finally yeah! So relieve, congrats!

Precious bb! Putting on weight is so nice... it's a beautiful sign and reminder of your pregnancy! Hugs...

I am using Clarins tonic oil as well!
happy.gif
nice, I am liking it, but I'm also using normal moisturiser...

The thread is moving very fast.

Novakido
May i know where can i buy the Clarins tonic oil and how much is it?

Anyone start to have morning sickeness?

just spoke to my gynae and told her that i'm having cramps in lower abdonmen. said so long as no bleeding/spotting and pain doesnt get worse its ok. its common for preggy ladies to have this pain, especially for subsequent pregnancies. anyway she told me to go down tmrw instead of waiting till the 6 weeks, just to do a check and start on pre-natal care early.

i so scared. probably cos of previous MC, i get paranoid, and walk very slowly like ah mah...

sel,
i tot palmers is good? no? seem like many mummies hve skin irritation aft using it. i was thinking of buying it, now have 2nd thoughts. lucky i have 1 sample so maybe will try first.

i dunno how effective or how ineffective it is.. but read one of the threads and found that quite a few MTBs had skin irritation due to palmers.. so i dun wanna take the risk..

snow, i've got my clarins tonic from strawberrynet.com, but i suppose the clarins counters at major departmental stores and DFS carry them too.

i have nauseous but not vomitting
happy.gif
only 1 time, but vomit out felt really better!

Samval, I have tiny cramps too but some of the books says its because you are very in-tune to your body that's why you can feel the cramps. Also there's a lot of activity happening inside that little womb, therefore the cramps...
happy.gif

pinkie pirate, thks! the information very useful
happy.gif

I just started using the palmer's will update my skin condition but I not prefer bcos the smell.

Samval, congrats!

Hi all Jan09 Mummies, i m also a Jan09 MTB. So excited becos first time mummy. Jus got married in march and hv to postpone my honeymoon liao. hope it will be a wonderful journey for all of us mummies!

jus bought the clarins tonic oil fr pink beauty at tpy central yest. is $55.65. the smell is really nice... hope it wk so tt we can bye bye to all the ugly stretchmark.

My EDD is 11jan09 and my gynae is Dr Adrian Woodworth . Will be delivering at TMC. Hope someone can update me in the chart too
happy.gif

feeling nausea quite often especially in the morning... took many mc liao.. also lost appetite.

hi mimmylassy,

congrats! your seeing Dr Adrian at Sengkang or CCK?

Mummies, when do you all start having morning sickness (or non at all)? And do you all still drink coffee during preg?

Hi Samval,

i m seeing Dr adrian at CCk becos near my hse. My morning sickness is making me craxy in the last few days so i think i preferred a gynae that is near my hse. Read his reviews which is quite ok so chosen him
happy.gif

Some pple don get morning sickness at all. my gd friend is one of the lucky one but most of MTB will have one during the first trimester.

No coffee or tea as advised by gynae! i felt something amiss without them everyday
sad.gif

there are ppl who still take coffee/tea during pregnancy, bt nt overdose...

i abstained frm all forms of caffeine..
no coke/pepsi
no coffee
no tea
not even grn tea..

feel so deprived... only milk, fruit juices, soya bean and other non caffeinated drinks...i used to drink at least a cuppa everyday and green tea is my staple drink...
dunno how long i can tahan...

wow wow, this thread is getting more and more alive!!

yiwen
thanks for helping me to update =)

congrats to all new MTBs to this lovely thread of ours!

mimylassy
where you stay? me at bukit panjang, my mum at cck ave 3.

re: Putting on Weight
it will be wise that even if we have hunger bangs, we choose the healthier range of food to take. for example fruits, wholewheat biscuit/bread etc rather than choc or sugary snacks. bcoz putting on too much weight, our gynae confirm will advise to control our diet then. as there will be risk of having too high blood surgar and high blood pressure that might complicate the pregnancy. not to mention there will be more KGs to loose after our delivery!

so mummies, eat wisely and happily! =)

<font color="0000ff">Jan2009 MTBs!!!</font>

<table border=1><tr><td>#</TD><TD>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>BB Gender</TD><TD>Child #</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Gynae </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>daymoon</TD><TD>5-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>MtA</TD><TD>Dr Wong Mun Tat </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Chere</TD><TD>6-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>mercsboy</TD><TD>9-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>selenal</TD><TD>9-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>blessedmum</TD><TD>10-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>mimylassy</TD><TD>11-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>novakido</TD><TD>12-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>usa</TD><TD>Dr James Johnson </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Ni</TD><TD>12-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>MtA</TD><TD>Dr. Ho Hon Kwok </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>peppertutu</TD><TD>13-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>MtA</TD><TD>Dr Gordan Tan </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>swan</TD><TD>17-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Michele Lee </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>yiwen</TD><TD>20-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>bLuBeRi</TD><TD>21-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>snow</TD><TD>26-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD></TD><TD> </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Rachel</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr Jeanette Chen </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>puppylove</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Beh </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>Precious_bb</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Judy Wong </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>Samval</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>Cherryale</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>Dr KK Chow </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>Pinkie Pirate</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>Dr Chan Kong Hon </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

*MTBs, do add on to the list and i shall do the data entry =)

mimylassy
hey, =) so your mum be helping you to look after your bb in time to come?

CBL
do check with your gynae since you are in doubt, but i believe it should be safe since your gynae also prescibed out to others too.

corrine
you can wear dress or stretchable pant =)

Samval
i do not have morning sickness for my #1 and now too. no cravings yet and i dont drink coffee. you can still drink but try to keep it at one cup daily.

heehee today had sashimi for lunch =p

<font color="0000ff">JAN2009 MTBs!!!</font>

<table border=1><tr><td>#</TD><TD>Nick</TD><TD>EDD</TD><TD>BB Gender</TD><TD>Child #</TD><TD>Hospital</TD><TD>Gynae </TD></TR><TR><TD>1</TD><TD>daymoon</TD><TD>5-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>MtA</TD><TD>Dr Wong Mun Tat </TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Chere</TD><TD>6-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Joycelyn Wong </TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>mercsboy</TD><TD>9-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang </TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>selenal</TD><TD>9-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Lawrence Ang </TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>blessedmum</TD><TD>10-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>mimylassy</TD><TD>11-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD></TR><TR><TD>7</TD><TD>novakido</TD><TD>12-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>usa</TD><TD>Dr James Johnson </TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Ni</TD><TD>12-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>MtA</TD><TD>Dr. Ho Hon Kwok </TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>peppertutu</TD><TD>13-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>MtA</TD><TD>Dr Gordan Tan </TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>swan</TD><TD>17-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Michele Lee </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>yiwen</TD><TD>20-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi </TD></TR><TR><TD>12</TD><TD>bLuBeRi</TD><TD>21-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Adrian Woodworth </TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>snow</TD><TD>26-Jan-09</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr Yap Min Li </TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Rachel</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>KKH</TD><TD>Dr Jeanette Chen </TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>puppylove</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Beh </TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>Precious_bb</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Judy Wong </TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>Samval</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>TMC</TD><TD>Dr Caroline Khi </TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>Cherryale</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>Dr KK Chow </TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>Pinkie Pirate</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>TBC</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>GlenE</TD><TD>Dr Chan Kong Hon </TD></TR><TR><TD></td></tr></table>

*MTBs, do add on to the list and i shall do the data entry =)

Samval, me too, cos I had a MC before, I also walk very slow like ah ma once i know i am pregnant
happy.gif
wow this is your #3, congrats!

i find myself less careful with my diet this time round, even forget to take folic acid compared to when i was pregnant with my son, take all supplements religiously.

my MS is esp bad at night, starting now, very sian. so usually for dinner I will have very little appetite but yet my stomach does get hungry, dun know wat to do.

sel, i tot if many of us wan, we can consolidate the orders coz more than 3pcs got 5% discount rite?

seems like pink beauty sell clarins tonic oil price quite reasonable. may as well get fm there. save shipping time.
happy.gif

mi oni drink soyabean milk, MTB milk, plain water n milo. izit safe to drink fruit juices dat are cold?

juz nw went SA tour to cancel my shanghai trip, gotta pay amendment fee $160 for 2pax, used some of the balance deposit to get hotel stay for bkk trip in aug n insurance. managed to get them to refund the rest. went shopping at OG and gt two pairs of maternity pants (with adjustable elastic inside) at $15.90 and $17.90 b4 20% discount. the brand is FIME, exclusive to OG.

Hi Rachel, thanks for sharing v good info again..must remind myself to eat healthy food...try to avoid sashimi okies?

Oh, didnt know pink beauty sells clarins oil. Do they sell Deleor stretch Mark cream too?

Samval, congrats yeah!! I experience nausea from week 6, MS started week 7, now goin on week 8..seems to get better already...its better to avoid coffee, tea and coke. But if you need, limit to 1 type of drink, 1 cup a day. That's what gynae said...

Sel, me too..I used to drink at least 2-3 cups of coffee a day..but now..I stop drinking..sometimes feel so sleepy and I miss my daily dose of coffee..but no choice..we have to give the best to our little one...we need to avoid caffine when we breast feed in the future too..

Tomorrow need to work, I am getting Monday Blues already..sob..haha...

Precious bb
haha, i already control my intake of sashimi liao wor. only took 4 pieces =( if not bcoz of being preggie, i will eat at least 20 pieces and above =p

btw, when your EDD?

Hi,

I have additional brand new NUK premium bottles and Bfree bottles from 1st month celebration gifts.

2 NUK premium bottles are at 300ml each = blue and green coloured bottle cap. Selling at $10 each.

2 Bfree bottles are at 260ml each, comes with the cleaning kit and 2 additional teats sellling at $15 each.

Please pm me if you need further information.

Hi hi, anyone has a list of confinement items you will need when you deliver? I am thinking of purchasing the confinement items when I go back to SG on a trip...

Hello, I'm new here, and I have tested myself positive when i missed period for 2 days. Now I'm CD33 (usually CD28). I only went to my chinese doc who confirmed that he could feel baby's pulse. Oh my.. so exciting. Will go see gynae only this saturday.

According to pregnancy webbies, my EDD is 28Jan. Of course that has to be confirmed again when i visit gynae.

Meanwhile, can anyone advise what I should look out for in getting a good gynae?

Thanks

Wah wah wah....just 2 days never come in only...this thread sooooo long already.

Sel: You bought the pants already ah? very comfortable rite? then if tummy bigger already, the 'coloured" part can be lifted up and extend....and then if u hang properly after washing, most probably no need to iron. you bought the long one also ah....i too short la, dun think can fit in...

novakido: ya lo, me and sel so near hor...initially i tot she malay or wat...then realize she eat char siew rice so she confirmed chinese la. maybe one day we meet at the gynae. hehe...

swan: my appt is 2 weeks leh. maybe becoz i am spotting so doctor wants to see me in 2 weeks? gynae also gave me duphaston. initially i was spotting, but after taking that, seems ok leh..

MTBs,

last saturday, hubby bring me go walk walk during GSS, tot can stock up some clothes/shoes since my shoes all so high ones...went in to a maternity wear shop...OMG, want to faint, the price are sooooo expensive. one normal 3/4 pants already cost $80.00...

have any one here start buying maternity wear? me trying to find comfortable kitten heels, charles &amp; keith one cannot make it...too painful...

hi ladies,
wah wah this thread is getting very exciting and moving very fast. me still no morning sickness yet so hopefully can stay that way. Or may still early cos usually will start from 6-8 weeks onwards? In fact, i don't have much of those preg symptoms, so sometimes i'm asking myself am i really preg or not??!!

Cherryale: ya me too had MC before so very scared and walk slowly lor. i'm also like you, forget to take folic acid and a bit bo chap this time round.

mummies can i check where you go and find the chinese sinseh that can feel pulse if preg or not ah? can go to those TCM shops where got physician? like the Eu Yan San medical hall?

Later at 2.30pm i'm gonna see gynae for first check up. Paged for her ystdy and was told that since i have cramping, better to go down today. So scared. Hope everything goes well. Keeping fingers and toes crossed.

Back