(2009/01) January 2009 MTBs

Ah Yo , I also got a fair share of maid stories.. B4 my next mtg.. let me share.. Iusually have cleaning lady 3 times a week. then...

My grand Mother inlaw wana look after bb and my confinement ya. so I tot hire a maid . My house very simple as in I know going to have bb ..when I got married years ago.. so 1st maid , left me after 2 weeks, 3 days before I deliver at the coffee shop.. she run away.. I dnt care, walk back laughing to the maid agency said my maid ran awy , send her packing and mine u , she is 37 years old , I tot they will be more mature. she said she stress, madam hse nothing too do , can watch tv, not like really working.... HUh? Huh? HUh? and she paid 400 mind you... Crazy woman!
want to work back fo rme again.. but cannot have maid that ran away.. run away with me bb how??

2nd maid 2 weeks , home sick.. got 3 year old bb, 2week into my confinement, she took a sarong and came to me in a cradle position , ask me feed her imaginary bb.. Oh no ... send her back.. and the my MIL.. ah gave me "paper Aeroplane"

Now I dnt want maid anymore..too stress.. gone back to my 3 times a week cleaning and a nanny... Life becomes rosy now...:p

Samval : Thanks, i m ok. at most cry for a while, then i happy again... haha...

Samantha : i think it's better to bring ur bb to see doc?

pluf : wow... sooo eventful... =P

pluf: Wow... I tot mine are horrible... looks like these stories are more norm than exceptions... sigh...

blessedmum, I reduce the Frisocrem by half. I used 1.5 tablespoon n 50ml of water. And will slowly incease the intake if Delia can finish and asking for more.

pluf: Eventful indeed. I'd be freaked out if I got a case like your number 2. I'm using PT help too. Once a week for now. Might increase to twice once Jon starts crawling.

EmQ: Thanks for organising everything for the gathering. Looking forward to meeting you.
happy.gif

Ni: OMG... what does these all mean? How will it affect you? Security deposit how? Who is paying for the repartriation fees? Shouldn't be any penalty for you right? Not your fault or decision that maid should go & do such things! Have you contacted your agency? What is their stand? You mention not getting a maid again, but how? Who is going to look after Kyan?

Sorry... so many questions... but once you are more settled, please share... I mean just in case ma... at least if kanna, know what to expect & what to do lol...

Gelato: Just ignore the harsh words. sometimes, they also stress and need to let off a little heat.

Think I will bring my gal to see doc later.

Yeh, man.. I also tot like that to myself..
When I was going though it , Ah Yo.. I tot it was the worst ever.. but now looking back I laugh.. Dnt know where I found the strenght.. I remember telling myself even thu , I was in depression and Crying everyday.. Hhahahahaa telling myself dnt cry dnt cry, cannot be sad, I need to breastfeed bb, need milk, need to produce, and even told my bb she very nasty boss ah.. Dnt let me sleep , dnt let me eat , yet must produce.. kekekekeke!

I think I just bad luck.. got everything at one time.. Like as if my life ah trying to get award for the worst happening story. muahhahahahaha!

Ni: just to share. We suspect my FIL's ex-maid prostitute herself in geylang. The maid did not have a handphone but they found a notebook with many names and numbers. So, even if your maid don't have handphone, check to see if they have a list of contact numbers.

Hi Dazed,

I have made payment to you on last thursday 14th of May. Details as below :

Hi Dazed,

thanks, i have transferred the money to you, details as follow:

From Account POSB Savings 056-23077-7 Ashley
To Account POSB Savings 055-11978-3 Dazed
Amount S$13.50
Transaction Reference 2258318674

Can i pick it up from you during weekdays at Jurong East before 8pm?

Ange: Don't mention. I've 3 kids so more difficult for me to go & join you gals elsewhere... so I'm more than happy to have it at my place... am also looking forward to meeting everyone.

Wah..now i very scare leh.

Just last week my maid came to me and ask me whether she can use her HP or not (my agent told me to safe keep her phone and not to give her), i told her i will consider. Now...i think better not to...

My maid has no off day and no HP usage currently, i think this will be the best arrangment.

Wow the thread is moving so fast.... All the baby photos posted look so cute...... All the hard work worth it yah.

2 days back, my baby was sick with flu too. Started off with dry cough. Fever up to 38.6. Luckily fever only lasted 1 day. I didn't bring my baby out for more than 2 weeks. Everyday at home, no idea where she get the flu from. No one is sick at home.... sigh don't bring her out also sick. Sh**t, might as well bring her out instead of torturing myself staying at home.

She is still having a cough. Appetite no good. Think my ms will drop. I feel engorge most of the time now... she is not drinking well at all.

Was trying the new teat yesterday, Pluf. She took an hour to suck 1 ouce.

By the way, I noted that some of the babies here are thumb sucking. My big boy used to do that when born until past one year. One of his front teeth started protruding and his thumb had a bad corn. Weaning him off from the thumb was a HUGE CHALLENGE. Fortunately after weaning, his tooth move back to original position.

From then onwards I stopped all my subsequent children from thumb sucking when born.

Date: 13 Jun
Venue: EMQ (West Coast)
Time: 10am~4pm

Attendance:
1) sperzz & delia
2) ni & kyan
3) flo & victoria
4) cheekgal & Brayden
5) blessedmum + daddy & cayden
6) bb starlet & Crystal
7) sus & daddy + caleb
8) dazed & jiahe
9) cjteng & Jovan
10) bunny + daddy & matthias
11) Pluff & bb ( :p)
12) shann & babyern
13) cherryale & Ashley
14) piyo & Zethan
15) Ange & Jon
16) Kelly & LeAnn
17) willting & Juvius
18) Gwen & Tristan
19) suika & Kevan
20) janjan & shyan
21) sher & gernise
22) PAT + daddy & johnny boy
23) Precious_bb & Jensen
24) laugh + daddy & Adler
25) m_int & jewel
26) Miaiko + daddy & Charlotte
27) cheryl83 + kayden
28) gelato & Caden
29) sel + Jaidyn
30) mercsboy + kyler
31) Ashley + hubby + Darius

Am in this forum for close to a year, till now only manage to meet Suika! haha, looking forward to meeting all of you!

Mummies: Do you think we need to get the KTV room as well? I've some hesitation... cos KTV room is at the basement. We get more space if we book that as well, but it'd mean we are either going to be split into 2 groups... or we'll end up under using the KTV room.

shann: You've used the KTV room before right? How's it huh?

Just to share. I ever witness how a worker approach a maid. He just went up to the maid and said: "give me ur hp".
Then he key his number into the maid's hp and wala, that's it! less than a minute, and they are hitched. so now, even if I let my maid out to buy things, I ask her to be back within a certain time period.

KT (ktan): Hi, my baby also similar symptons. Her fever was abt 38.1 and I kasu and start to sponge her. her fever drop by evening but I scare her fever will shot up at nite and bring her to see doc. Doc told me virus. I kenna shocked. now coughing.

KT:
how to stop bb from thumb sucking? i think some of the mummies here their bb also suck thumb. don noe if it's cos he's bored or really sucking thumb as pacifier!

shann/ Laugh: Sorry, realise it was Laugh who has used the room, not shann... so, Laugh... what's your's feedback on the KTV room & what do you think huh? Cos both rooms are on different levels... kind of funny la...

Bunny: just to share. I always pull her hand out when I caught her thumb sucking. and gently told her not to do it. I offer her pacifier the moment I saw her sucking her thumb when she was 2 months old. She still do it occassionally, but if I tell her, she will stop for a while.

Ok mummies some logistics for the 6 Mth Gathering

Time: 12am~3pm (swimming after 3pm)

Attendance:
1) sperzz & delia
2) ni & kyan
3) flo & victoria
4) cheekgal & Brayden
6) bb starlet & Crystal
7) sus & daddy + caleb
8) dazed & jiahe
9) cjteng & Jovan
12) shann & babyern
13) cherryale & Ashley
14) piyo & Zethan
15) Ange & Jon
16) Kelly & LeAnn
17) willting & Juvius
18) Gwen & Tristan
19) suika & Kevan
20) janjan & shyan
21) sher & gernise
23) Precious_bb & Jensen
25) m_int & jewel
27) cheryl83 + kayden
28) gelato & Caden
29) sel + Jaidyn
30) mercsboy + kyler
31) EmQ + Leticia
32) Autumn Leaf + Ashley & Edison

*Autumn Leaf, I've 'reg' for you... hehehe..
*weiyao, you coming? Please add on your name..
*Ni: With your maid issue, are you still able to collate the emails & hp nos?

Cjteng - I was there about 5pm! Missed u by a bit. Why don't u ask ur hubby to try one time first? Actually bathtub is not deep enough cos our babies are quite tall now and u need a lot of (warm) water if u use bathtub. Good to go there also cos they will fit the right size neckfloat for u - yesterday, Ryan was wearing "L" size but just the week before he was wearing "M" size. They will also do a bit of massage for bb.

Blessedmum, bunny - yes looks like we might bump into each other one of these weekends!

Only 4 mummies voted! A few others either dun mind either or would love to have both... but just in case we can really only have one, please vote:

Nutrition Talk: 1.EmQ, 2.laugh 3. Piyo
Cooking Demo: 1.suika

2 more playmats needed, anyone driving able to bring?

3 (emq, blessedmum, shann & dazed-standby).

*Laugh, does your bro have any kids? Does he by any chance have a playmat we can borrow?

Attendance:
1) sperzz + Delia&Damien
2) ni & kyan
3) flo & victoria
4) cheekgal & Brayden
6) bb starlet & Crystal
7) sus & daddy + caleb
8) dazed & jiahe
9) cjteng & Jovan
12) shann & babyern
13) cherryale & Ashley
14) piyo & Zethan
15) Ange & Jon
16) Kelly & LeAnn
17) willting & Juvius
18) Gwen & Tristan
19) suika & Kevan
20) janjan & shyan
21) sher & gernise
23) Precious_bb & Jensen
25) m_int & jewel
27) cheryl83 + kayden
28) gelato & Caden
29) sel + Jaidyn
30) mercsboy + kyler
32) EmQ + Leticia
33) Autumn Leaf + Ashley & Edison
34) Pinkie + ryan

** Pinkie, I reg ur name for u
happy.gif

sperzz: Hahaha... that's a good one... pinkie pirate, you are on!

BTW, there's another pinkiepiggy here le...

Mummies: Opinions, please...

We are having a big interest here... very nice! Do you think we should:

1. Stop at 35 babies?
2. Book the KTV room as well?
3. Move over to shann's bungalow?

* shann, your place big enough hor? Can accomodate 35 babies & sets of parents, plus a few older siblings bo? Looks like head count may reach 80 or more..
If you have big space would be nice lol... but maybe a 'public' space is better... cos less cleaning up to do later... if not after 80 of us leave, you'll have massive clean up job ah...
At least with a function room, we clean a bit, the cleaners will take care of the post event mess... hahaha..

Ladies, u would like to order the buffet from Neo garden or Lexin.
Neo garden: $12/person + transport$40
Your choice of 9 courses are:

1. Thai Pineapple Rice
2. Mixed Cabbage
3. Spring Onion Fish
4. Honey Chicken
5. Spring Roll & Breaded Scallops (F1)
6. Mini Chocolate Éclair
7. Ice Jelly w Cocktail
8. Fruit Punch
9. Baked Potato

Lexin:$10/person + transport $40
1)Fried Hong Kong Mee
2)Sliced Fish w/Ginger
3)Salad Prawn
4)Pork w/Honey Sauce
5)Spinach w/Mushroom
6)Deep Fried Spring Roll
7)Chicken w/Cashew Nut
8)Sambal Sotong
9)Beancurd w/Crabmeat
10)Fruit Punch

EMQ: ur function rm big enuff to accomodate how many pple? I think mayb we also can book the KTV rm. Ya, u had missed out Ashley. Thats y I update the list again.

Bunny: My baby oso didn't like pacifier. But I would rather she take the pacifier than her thumb. I try the avent pacifier. sometimes she takes, sometimes she refuses. So alternatively, I will give her clean hankie to chew. U can try.

sperzz: I think someone here commented that Neo garden not so nice lately... I've not tried Lexin, previously many of you used for full mth... I'm interested to try them... how abt the rest?

sperzz: No problem... I was trying to search for the latest list when I posted it... cos think a few mummies mention coming but have not put in their names....

EMQ, ya I think we can order from Lexin. They r cheaper too. I think order for 30pax shld b enuff, usually the portion will b more than enuff for 40pax.

sperzz: Recommend is 30 guests... but we have babies ma... ok think we better book KTV room as well... to play safe...

Laugh: I just checked, venue still available for that morning, can you pl ask your bro to help book first! BTW, which unit is your bro staying at?

sperzz,
can we have Gim Tim?
raved by Ni and some others.
i have tried LeXin and Neo Garden, so wanna something new. hee

my hubby is coming for the gathering, the driver has to come.

Monring ladies!!

Ni:was shock after reading about your maid story..so now the agent got help you to look for a replacment maid bo?

blessedmum :bunny picture was in my facebook..she got go for the TB gathering.
happy.gif

Attendance:
1) sperzz + Delia&Damien
2) ni & kyan
3) flo & victoria
4) cheekgal & Brayden + daddy
6) bb starlet & Crystal
7) sus & daddy + caleb
8) dazed & jiahe
9) cjteng & Jovan
12) shann & babyern
13) cherryale & Ashley
14) piyo & Zethan
15) Ange & Jon
16) Kelly & LeAnn
17) willting & Juvius
18) Gwen & Tristan
19) suika & Kevan
20) janjan & shyan
21) sher & gernise
23) Precious_bb & Jensen
25) m_int & jewel
27) cheryl83 + kayden
28) gelato & Caden
29) sel + Jaidyn
30) mercsboy + kyler
32) EmQ + Leticia
33) Autumn Leaf + Ashley & Edison
34) Pinkie + ryan

** Pinkie, I reg ur name for u :)

sperzz: Maybe we confirm no. closer the date... cos we have close to 10 daddies... I think.. plus 35 mummies... maybe ordering for 35 or 40 pax maybe safer...

HI Samantha, I also shocked my baby got the virus. Very worried coz at 3 months of age, fever can only be controlled by very mild paracetamol.I fed paracetamol at 37.7. Sh**t fever, did not subside but shot all the way up to 38.6. For cough, I have no medicine.

Only at 6 months of age, they can be given both paracetamol and BRUFEN. BRUFEN is very effective for fever, is my 'life-saver medicine' for my older 2 kids. The problem with babies younger that 6 months, they may be susceptible to meningitis. If fever persistent and there is stiffness of neck, KKH will aspirate spinal cord fluid to make a diagnosis. IN fact it is the protocol for all babies less than 1 month with fever. It is very terrible. So I was very worried. Spent the night sponging her. Then lagi worse I kena blocked duct that day, Sigh... stress ah. Waited 6 hrs before I could give another shot of medicine... finally stablise at 38.0

AS for the maid issue, my previous maid has no off day. But she was disturbed my garden workers in my condo....Security guard also disturb her. Must control their dressing sometimes.

Hi Bunny, just to update you, my baby still having those sticky mucotic motion but not daily now except during the time when she had fever 2 days back.

As for thumb sucking, my son used it to comfort himself, to sleep, when hungry. Sucked very hard. So I used a watch strap, tied a teat to it with a string for many months. He will remove it at times and I will punish him with my stockings. For my daugthers, I wear mittens all the way and when older, I sewed lace stockings (with holes for ventilation) to the sleeves of all their shirts. I think my kids suck thumbs more than others. Not all kids thumb suck so bad.

today my team half down! 3 mc and 1 on leave... seems like flu virus very strong here...

emq, i think should be fine bah, if have 5 playmat, each can take 7 mummies liao... no need to have karaoke room lah... will be too split up liao...

EMQ,
Sorry my bro don't have playmat cos the youngest kid is already in Pri 2.

The KTV rm is quite spacious & nice ambient but then kind of funny to split between 1st level & basement.

cheekygal, Gim Tim's price is on a higher side. $15/pax. If nobody object, I dun mind order from Gim Tim.

Ladies, pls vote.
Gim Tim: $15/pax
Neo Garden: $12/pax
Le Xin: $10/pax

cheekygal: You confusing me liao la... hee hee... ok, I see you are re-posting sperzz's posting...

BTW, you wanna help change the time to 12-3pm (swimming after 3pm)... thanks...

samantha: i gave avent & nuk but not eating. if fact, he's chewing it like chewing gum. ya, i also give hankie but after a while, back to thumb. sigh... i guess have to constantly take it out. hope he won't make it a habit.

blessedmum: facebook name is our actual name is it? can't remember wat's my facebook. kekeke...

Back