(2008/12) December 2008 MTBs

haha.. anything la.. its just for fun and its bo liao! keke..

thanks thanks to those who voted oh.. keke.. just for fun lor.. keke.. at the end i will know how big my village.. wahahaha.. i like small communities.. wahahhaahaha

snowger, jappooh,
if the vote count really true one then he's very power sia lor... 1000 over ler!

Pancake
i gave daniell pancake too but i din modify the recipe at all... coz i normally make pancake during weekend morning and everytime daniell see us eating he also wan then i giv lor, so far he ok, the ingredients i use are self raising flour, butter milk, sugar, whole egg & a bit of canola oil... actually sometimes when i bake loaf i also using fresh milk & whole egg & i also give daniell a bit to eat... this time i very daring, last time my elder only had his 1st egg (whole egg) at the age of 3!! lol

Eh hello muumies, i went for Cayenne's 9mth assessment and the nurse told me can feed her some egg to try. Can check with you all, how to serve bb egg ah? Coz i was told the jab at 15mths will contain egg so its good to intro egg now to test for allergy. So what if my bb is allergy? what do i do? TIA!

Thanks Fabbie..

Re: Egg
I was watching the channel 8 series about raising a baby and Xiang Yun showed we can feed egg yolk (hard-boiled one) n add some mashed tofu into the porridge.. Then i told my maid to cook like dat..Jordan is taking it well and he simply loves the egg yolk and tofu!

Rachel,
My son dun fancy tofu but he loves scrambled eggs. So I use 2 large egg yolks + 30ml of milk, some cheddar cheese & chopped tomatoes + canola oil to scamble for him. My hb loves it too so now I make 2 version, one with just egg yolk and the the other with 2 whites & 1/2 yolk for colouring hahahaha

Ok.. More stuff for zach to eat liao. I introduce cheese to him todae. Hope he can take it. Haha

I'll try the scramble eggs tis weekend. I onie use kampong chicken eggs. Btw, wat cheese to use ah??

rachel
haha. u very cute.. watch serial drama n can learn like this ah.. =P

There are alot of website that you can see on wat your baby can take or not take
happy.gif

rachel .. :p

eh .. sounds not bad leh. egg and mashed tofu in porridge .. The mashed tofu is the silken one? the egg one or the plain white one?

Jowin,
Yeah, regardless of if it's from drama series or websites, it's still up to us to decide what to give and what not to give. What's wrong with tofu and egg yolk? If u have doubts feel free to check on internet or consult your PD lor.. as long as Jordan can take it well, i dun really care where i learn it from..Dun u think egg yolk n mashed tofu make a yummy combination instead of everyday carrot/broccoli/butternut pumpkin? Lol..

Sam,
Wah i was soooooo happy opening the envlope u sent me! Like what u said, it's really like opening x'mas presents!! Hehe!!

Er, i am not sure what tofu to give le. But i gave Jordan the plain white one..
happy.gif

hi rachel
I did not object to your food combination or where u learning from. If u think i sound offensive to you in the early post, i m not. If required, i would call the PD or check internet too.

There is nothing wrong with tofu + egg yolk as i give Ashlynne different combination than that boring everyday carrot/broccoli/butternut pumpkin.

I m just joking tat TV drama also can give us information like that. I did not see this drama, perhaps its very informative.

Just suggesting that there are also website where we can see combination and recipes of food tats all.

Thanks

LOL

but hor tv series sometimes cannot learn from them.. cus you never know.. maybe is not tou fu or whatever so.. maybe is another thing.. you know lar.. drama series.. for us to watch nia.. anyway i gave my gal tofu she likes it but not too much.. i havent try egg yolk yet.. but i think i will wait till 1 yr ba.

Fabbie, tats wat i meant in the above post.. sometimes TV serial may not be right. But anyway, its up to own parents who judge lor..

U see purple drink = ribena??? see beer = tea??? LOL

At times, there are sources like books, internet etc.. or even your PD to consult if that particular food shd be given.

infact, nowadays internet sources may not be 100% reliable already.

Egg yolk is safe to eat.. but not egg white yet.
Fabbie, you can try.. small amount 1st if you worry... especially if babies has any history of allergy, giving food to babies have to be EXTRA careful.

rachel,

yeap. glad the package got to you safely.

Yogi08,

I mailed off your stuff via regular mail today
happy.gif
let me know when you get it.

Now ... really have to decide whether want to throw a small party for Calista .. then can order off the Birthday Direct.com website OR get my hubby to hand carry back from the States since he's going to be there a whole month for work.

Sam,
Get ur hubby to hand carry from the States then u do a spree? Hehe!!

Hi Jowin,
I see. However i would like u to know that ur words are somehow hurtful. Every mommy here is trying to be a good mother, so we try ways and means to live up to it. U didn't aware that i did call up KKH helpline to confirm that i can give Jordan mashed tofu and hard-boiled egg yolk..I did not just learn from drama series. I always double check with KKH because i rely so much on their expertise.

Although Jordan has no allergy history so far, i am still EXTRA careful when it comes to his diet. I'm sure every mommy here will agree with me.

Adel,
Bb Bryan is so lucky to have u as his mom. He gets to eat all sorts of nice n tasty food! May i check the cheddar cheese u use, which brand it is? Is it readily available at supermarkets?

Rachel, I apologise that sound hurtful to u..
paiseh.
happy.gif

of course, i understand everyone will try to be a good mummy
happy.gif
who wanna hurt their own child?

in my previous post to u.. i m actually trying to say that there are website that you can serve as a guide, instead of learning from tv drama.

take this for example:
http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/

N i dun wan to say much to create more misunderstanding.

cheers

posting on forum is juz like sending SMS to friends/colleagues or even hb.. it is all written without the other party seeing the facial expression or how the words came out, so it will be easily misunderstood.
Rachel, i m sure jowinbb din mean what you said she meant so dun be so sensitive abt it. I read what she wrote, it is very general and never mention that you are a bad mother of any sort.
We all as mothers always want the best for our baby, everyone is the same. Whether we prepare it ourself, by helper, by infantcare, by grandma or even giving jar food daily, it is deem alright by each individual parent hence there is no right and wrong. Choose to see it from a different view ok..
happy.gif
then u will be much happier 'chatting' in this thread

Hi gals
I'm super happie today.. cos went on a shopping spree during lunch time and got wat I wanted!!

I managed to get the mickey n minnie figurine for her bday cake. For those of u who are still looking for the figurines, u can get them fr a shop call "Gift-A-Name" I saw both shops at J8 n bugis also haf them. there's 2 types. 1 comes in a set of mickey n minnie, eyes ,closed when kissing, and eyes open when seperated, selling at $6.90. The other type is individual character selling at 3 for $10.

On top of that i got a PM figurine too.. luv it to bits..

Now Bday cake stuff are settled too.. so happie!
Left BB shoes n hair accesories to take care of.

and also catering, since so many of u feedback tat YLS not good.. I shall consider agn.. Lolx

Kath,
As u said this is very subjective. It depends on the speaker on the choice of words and how the receiving end would interpret it. I do not think i'm being too sensitive about it.

Anyways, i do agree that we are all here to share the experience of our babies growing up, and not to create hostility or confusion.

Jowin,
Thanks for the website. I oredy have it.
happy.gif

xuelyn..
ohh. there is such a shop?
did u get to see any pooh figurine?

Hey, u start the latest to prepare among us and u finished it 1st
happy.gif
.. i m still stuck.. lazy lazy me..
Going to order catering soon too...N the lady did not reply me abt the shipping yet.

Kath
happy.gif

Jowin

I think i saw Pooh n hee-haw(donkey) amg the 3 for $10 lot. can'y be sure. U can drop by the shop to cfm. If i go agn will chk for u.

I also bot Summer's bday outfit liao.. kaisu hor.. lolz!

xuelyn,
i've been looking for mickey figurine ler, wanted to buy from BP but OOS now... so the one u got from GiftAName is a cake topper rite? nice or not?

Jess
the figurine is actually a key chain, remove the chain then can use as cake topper liao.

Lil Rabbit
I dunno which flr.. its same flr as precious tots, ABC, double index.. etc.. shld be highest flr. U chk directory la.. dun wan to mislead u..

artscow
how do i validate the discount coupon? supposed to do it under 'credit & discount' section but can't seem to find it. anyone can advise please.. TIA!

hi xuelyn
i saw this figurine is the same as our cake baker ma.. did u ask her how much she charge u?? N how much u bought it?

Hi jappooh
THANKS.. if you are happen at Lot1, then just check out for me, no need to go there pursposely ok? Thanks.

the next on wait list shd be rachel.

gill,
click "My account". there u will see the "credit n discount" tab.
Click the tab & then key in the offer code to validate it. however once u key in, the expiry is 30days. so the later u key in to validate the longer timeframe u have to work on.
I'm intending to re-do my HM photos using that offer...intending la..its a BIG project..dunno if can do finsh in time or not..

Tina, i use kraft cheese(i.e Cheddar cheese) for Baked pasta for kayson. he loves it..also tried Parmesan flakes..

i also havent started on egg yolk..shd hor...maybe next wk..

llig,
If u want to validate to get free photobook should be validate at 'credit & discount' section but if u want to use the discount coupon (code) to off-set against your order should be do it at "Cart" section.

pastilles,
thanks. any idea if its a limited offer? i.e. only the first xx number of people to key in will get it..

no, it shdnt be limited offer to no of ppl, it oly has expiry time to key in n validate.

Last day to validate is 31st oct. so if u validate on 31st oct, u get 30days fm 31st oct. if u validate now, u only get 30days fm now..

how come u started on 12*12? the promos mainly all 8*8 rite..

hi gill
tats a nice photobook
how do u get the black background n also those graphic beside?" i did not get to see the black background .. thought of doing up one like urs.. very simple..Is there a theme layout tat u chosen?

my 5X7 book, 40 pages, i just dump in photos..

pastilles,
no promo for 12x12 but decided to go for it since i wanted a more pro-looking book..comes complete with spine =)

jowin,
thanks. the bgnd colour can be changed or you can use the background pics that they have. some of the backgrounds are very nice but realised that if i use colourful backgrounds, they'll take away the 'oomph' from the pics.. end of the day, i want the pics to stand out.
no, didn't use any theme. having a theme might be easier ah.. this was quite headache to do up. lol!
(i plan to dump photos in the 8x8 free albums too!)

Luthadel
what kind of milk you add in your scrambled eggs?You say u use gluten/wheat free flour to make pancake, can i get them in coldstorage? I am plan to make biscuit, since Rachel like to bit on things. BTW is it necessary to use gluten/wheat free flour ?

Xuelyn,wow u r creative.key chains as topper.nice figurine .

Japooh,I'm also looking for pooh & friends fig.can let me know after u get to check out?Tia.

Rachel,egg yolk and tofu sounds like good combo;)as long u know wat is gd ,tat is all it matter. Take heart.

ladies
any one able to take over my slot for positive bb class tmr? bb kayson sneezing tis am. tink i beta don bring him go. =(

Jowin/Evanmummy,

i will be going Lot 1 this evening. Will check out for u gal. U wan to knw have what fig and the price rite?

little rabbit,

my granny is getting better but dunno why can discharge yet. The baby bash fall on sat and sat i usually bring my kids to visit her. At 1st think of 1 skip 1 wk for the baby bash but now since she didnt see my kids for wks liao so i think i better give the baby bash a miss and visit her loh.

Hi Gals,

Me haven prepare anyting for Faye BD, think willl just celebrate at hm or with families, go out for dinner and cut cake at hm. No big celebration. Since she wun noe anything + I din celebrate for Maxx oso, dun 1 him to think y meimei have he dun have.

Faye can walk a few steps liao, so happy. All mothers will definitely love their bbs and take good care of them. Now our bbs can do more and more things, we have to be extra careful and always a watchful eye over them. Have to let them to explore, they have to grow up.

Back