(2008/12) December 2008 MTBs

<font color="aa00aa">Ladies, Have a great long weekend</font>
happy.gif

hello,

I am back... suffering from very bad nausea, headache..

Finally is weekend and I can rest.

Anyone having problem cencentrating at work? I having this problem and having nightmares almost every night. I am so afraid.

Now a lot of people in my office know I am pregnant becos I keep on feeling nausea... left my boss but not sure he knows a not.

Hi Ladies

Wow, the thread is moving real fast till I cannot catch up!

A Warm Welcome to all new Dec MTBs!

Cannot sleep well these 2 days... Think it is the weather - use fan, not cooling enough; use aircon, too cold! Faint!

Hi funshine,
i also find it hard to concentrate at work during 1st trimester for my 1st pregnancy.No appetite &amp; feel very sleepy. My eyes can suddenly close while i was typing the keyboard. Situation shall improve once you embark into the 2nd trimester.
Think your boss will know you pregnant one day because such things are hard to hide.

raven_1313,
ya, the weather is horrible.Even my baby gal is sweating. Remember to drink more water &amp; stay cheerful. Don't faint. :)

Hi ladies
wah.. u all are very fast n i cannot catch up at all... Me super busy on friday.
sad.gif

Hi Funshine
Me too. Just scolded by my boss on thurs as i did terrible mistakes tat i never did b4.. sob sob.. i checked thru 2 times n still could not spot the mistakes... HAIZ... couldn't concentrate lor....Most sianz, i m trying to get myself not getting hungry n keep thinking wat food to get for the next tea break, such as bread etc...CHAMZ LEH.. i dun usually eat so much n snack de...
sad.gif

Jowinbaby
me same same.. cannot concentrate in office at all.. keep thinking what to eat cos once I am hungry I will feel terrible and will puke..

so chiam

jowinbaby,

Relax abit. Now we are pregnant. thats why hard to concentrate at work &amp; may make mistakes.Our health is more important.

I try to eat as frequent as possible to prevent myself being too hungry as well. If not, i will feel like vomitting, feel choked &amp; want to faint.Now no choice got to eat many small meals because we are pregnant.We can always start slimming after our confinement.

Hi Vickie and corrine
yes. i experienced the same thing.. Hungry will wanna puke..nauseas.. after meal, bloated...

I am 1 day to week 10.. hope can chop chop finish 1st trim n feel better..

ya.. slimming!! hee hee

Afternoon Ladies, I just call up another confinement lady recommended by fren. Lucky she is still available. Seems like the popular ones are all booked liao.

Had Mac breakfast jus now. So yummy.

Hello ladies, am new here.

1st child is 11mths now and EDD for the 2nd child is 14 Dec (was hoping for 12 days later to match my bday..keke..)

hi all,

my first time visit to this thread. a big hi to all of u.

me now in week 9+, will go for 2nd gynae's visit next Saturday. feeling excited as v saw the bb's heartbeat when v had the first scan. dat time was around week 6+.

Hi ladies, hope u're all doing fine. Haven't been coming in for a few days liao &amp; the post seem to be moving so fast. I'm about 11 wks pregnant now &amp; my 1st boy is about 30 mths. He juz had a deep cut near his eyebrow after a fall &amp; had 3 stitches
sad.gif

Btw, wanna chk how much is the Oscar test on ur side. My gynae told me it's about $300+ @ Thomson Medical.

Hi ladies,

Though this is my 3rd pregnancy, I was equally excited when i saw my baby dancing when i was at the gynae's place yesterday! I am in my 10 weeks now.

Saw alot of mummies here with very age gap! my 1st and 2nd girl is of 15 mths difference. Initially, quite tough coz both so young and needs equal attention. WHen now that they are 20 mths and 3 yrs old, it is really so much easier. At least, i dont hv to read a totally different book for each of them every nite. They can almost share the same types of toys and books, of coz, it may be a bit advnace for the younger one. But I see more pros than cons hving a close age gap.

Hi Sam,
really peifu you! :) I hv got a helper since my no.2 comes along and find it hard at times to even nap. I am also a SAHM.

WOnder how may SAHM here with 2 or more kids?

Heard so much abt the OScar test and been thinking if i shld do it. Is it more accurate than triple test?

ANy advise? or feedback?

Hi Ladies,

Wah, I cannot catch up with thread as it is moving so fast!

Merydith
As per MS, during my 11wks the bloating symtoms became a little eractic. Like for 3 days I will feel really fine and energetic and then ..boom, the next day or two it hits me like a damn hammer. Only now, the bloating has kind of lessen and even if it happens, it only last for an hour the max. Based on calculation on the scan, I'm in my 2nd Trimester now but I still feel bloated after meals.

Samantha
My gynae gave me neurogain too when I last went to see her at 12wks and I've since started with calcium pill, prenatal vitamins &amp; neurogain. The only thing I hate about the fish oil is the after effect. Especialy when you burp! Man, the darn fish oil just envelopes your breath. Oh, by the way, I managed to find Neurogain at a pharmacy in Tg Pagar called Medics something, located near the Singapore Post. It only cost $30 as compared to many locations that range from $32 to $34. I have since stop taking folic acid tablets as it is included in my prenatal vitamins.

I'm getting a bit nervous now as my oscar test is scheduled for this coming Tuesday. Crossing my fingers &amp; toes that all will be well
happy.gif

Hi jowinbaby,

Thanks for the welcome
happy.gif

Where will you be having your baby? I'm planning to stick to my gynae at KKH. Is this your first babe?

Dear all mummy,

I given birth to a baby gal on 28/04/08 and started my post Natal massage on the 30/04/08.

This massage Lady by the name of (Mdm Siti- 91460613) service was ready bad an she is a cheater too. At first when I book a 7days session at $280 with her, she was quite good initaily. She only collect a $50 in advance on the 1st day and claim that the balance amount she will collect at the end of the session. Although she is mostly late by about half hour or so, I dun ready mind because she still massage me for about 1half hour plus from the time she reach.

But things turn out sour when I extend my session to 2week!! In my 2nd week session, she collected $100 on the first day of the session. But her session only lasted for 1Hour only!! I tursted her and I given her the money on the 1st day of my 2nd session. But on the 2nd day when she suppose to come, she called me and claim that something happen in her family and she cannot come massage me for the next 2day. I thought something really happen in her family and say ok. But she just dissapper after my 1st Day of session!!

I tried to call her again but she simply did not pick up my phone call. When I tried to sms her she also never reply. Only after my few sms send to her, she than reply me that she is busy. when I tried to sms her back trying to ask her when she can come massage for me again, she just reply me that she did not recieved my sms. (If she did not recieved my sms than how come she know I sms her??). Untill now when I tried to sms her she still never reply me back. I am really very dissapointed with this massage lady. As a new mummy, everybody know that we need money a lot at this moment. And I cannot believed that this Post Natal lady just went off with the money..really very angry!!

I hope that if any mummy really need any massage lady. Pls try to avoid using this lady. She is really bad.

wow. thread moving reali fast. unable to catch up liao. hehe. everydae buzi wif work n nite lookin afta my boi. damn active.

hope all d mummies doing well. =)

hi jowinbaby n everyone,

thanks for the warm welcome!
happy.gif

hi luthadel,

i m taking "neurogain S" as prescribed by my gynae. as i m a vegetarian, i gotta take this fish oil capsule to ensure that bb's will have healthy brain growth. since it's in capsule form, i just swallowed it n tell myself it's for the bb oni. not me... hee

anyway, u mentioned bout u getting ur neurogain in tg pagar. izzit 'neurogain S'? where is the pharmacy located? at tg pagar market area?

Hi Mummies!
Long time since i last logged in.. wow the thread is moving real fast..!

I had my 2nd visit at KKH ytd. was pretty dissapointed w the svc.. Firstly, the nurse failed to ask to me to go for my routine check, weight,blood pressure &amp; urine test. Then they try to charge me for it. When I told them no one ask me to go for those tests, then the nurse said,"I shld noe ma".. wat kindof attitude is that? and when i try to insist on going for the test, she said "anyway u r in ur early pregnancy and have oreadi seen the doc, its ok."

How can she say tat? me &amp; hubby was pretty dissapointed. Ytd was our first visit at the private suite.

Am I being too sensitive? can I have other mummies views on this? mayb I over-reacted as a first time MTB.. hee

To update, I'm currently 7 wks preggie, and EDD is 30 Dec 08. I hoping my bb would come out earlier,so tat i can finish my confinement b4 CNY next yr.

Hi xuelyn,

I had a similar experience with govt hospital - not at KKH but at SGH. I went to SGH initially cos me and my hubby were desperate to have a rat baby. So I went to SGH to get myself checked for fertility. As it was my first time, I didn't know what they would want me or my hubby to do. I usually went to the clinic on my own. After the third session, I found out from the doctor that she had asked the nurse to tell my hubby to take the sperm count test! The instructions was given to the nurse to explain to me during my first consultation, but I was NEVER told. My hubby was going for reservist and that month where I went to the doc was the last shot to get a rat baby!

Heng, I got pregnant that month with the help of ovulation monitoring... And up till now, my hubby is clueless about his test results. The hospital also very rigid. They insist that I must see the doc to get the test results. What nonsense! *Tsk Tsk*

Though the incident was not for my pregnancy checkup, I was dissapointed that I was not given proper instructions.
sad.gif
So I decided not to go back to SGH... Not too sure if I was just oversensitive, but I guess the nurses might just be "tired" or getting forgetful after seeing so many patients.

Just my point of view.
happy.gif

Hi xuelyn,

I used to be a patient at the Private Suite too. I think for First Time mum, it is very frustrating at times over there becoz they treat you like you shld know what to do. And at the private suite we actually pay more than a private gynae for consultation+scan+routine test and they don't have a package. Sometimes the queue is so long..and when its my turn, the consultation is like a rush.. They normally have about 30 patients to see within 2-3 hrs. I felt that in a govt hospital, the treatment is different then those at private gynae...thats why I change to private gynae at Glen E.

My old gynae at KKH always see me chop chop..scan chop chop, consultation also chop chop..no vitamins given..and does not really brief me much..whereelse at private gynae, I spent almost 1/2 hr for consultation and scanning.The gynae fill me in on technical details on the scan, let me look at my baby move and see it at different angles, brief me on what I need to avoid etc.
So ever since I change gynae, I feel more reassured and understand the changes of my baby better..just my experience
happy.gif

Hi LuthAdel,
Congrats on entering 2nd trimester! I couldn't wait too. I hope my MS goes on holiday forever too.
happy.gif

Jazlyn,
The one I'm taking now is neurogain PB. I got it from Medic Drugstore located at Tg Pagar Plaza. There is a Singapore Post at the other end of the place (away from the market) and the pharmacy is just next to it. It is a big store so you won't missed it if you're there.

Meredith
hahaha, me too I wish the MS will be gone for good! hahaha. Today still feel bloated and lots of gastric juice so guess I'm not off the MS thingy yet.

woah, the thread is moving fast...

Just when to takashimaya to buy some maternity wear... but I still lack of pants and dress to wear to work.

Any place for me to buy this clothings?

I think go govt or private gynae is heng suay one de lor but at least private gynae is attentive and observant (personally I feel)...

1 more week to go for my checkup and test... Hope I can cope with the MS.

MS MS, please go away...

hi funshine

u can try suntec level 3. near toy r us. quite a few maternity clothes outlet there. bigger range. =) or can try paragon level 5 if i remember nv remember. d clothes there r nice as well.

Hi funshine
For me, i will try to spend more on maternity pants as i cannot wear my exisiting pants anymore..always wear skirt to work. For the top, perhaps dun need maternity at the moment ...

haha. ask hb dun black face cos no choice la..
happy.gif
we need to change part of our warerobe ma...Do you have friends to pass u some maternity clothings? My friend passed me some but she so much smaller size than me.. only can wear her tops n yet bottom, only can wear them till max 4th months...
sad.gif

ya.. MS MS MS go away...

Maternity Clothes:
Paragon and Suntec sell maternity clothes. In Suntec, there is a wider range as there are quite a number of shops there. Paragon maternity shops are towards the hi end prices.

Oscar Test at TMC costs $312. Booking has to be done 2 wks before. Just check with TMC, for SBI card, there is discount on oscar assessment.

Amber, din hear from u for quite sometime liao. How have u been?

Ytd, I tried ginger tea. Had a few sips and cant take the taste at all. In the end, vomitted after a few mins tho I had only a few sips.

oh ya, spring maternity has sale now, ranging from 20%, 30% and 50%. i just bought a skirt at 30%. there is sale at dorothy perkins too. but maternity wear only available in marina sq, parkway parade and great world city. i managed to get pants at only $29.

Hi Ladies

Am new here..now in my first trimester.
I agreed..this stage is really suffering.During work feel so so tired and sleepy.

Keep feeling hungry but after eating feel like vomiting.

Hopefully 2nd trimester these MS will be over.

hi luthadel,

thanks for the info ya....
happy.gif
my new office will b somewhere near there. so it's easier for me to check it out!
happy.gif

hi mimi,

r u saying dat dorothy perkins sell maternity wear too??

all MTBs,

what is Oscar test? izzit necessary???

as for the maternity wear, i checked out some prices yest from mothercare n thyme maternity, not cheap wor. tot of getting them from JB.

btw, i need advises on how to get the correct size of maternity clothing. pls advise me, as i m kinda blur here.

hi jazlyn,
yep dorothy perkins also sells maternity wear. i bought a dress from the great world city branch. but like mimi said, this is only available at some branches.

for maternity wear, i've found that you can just use your regular size of clothing as a good guide, e.g. if you were a sz 12 or M sz. Anyway you can always ask the sales assistant at the shop - they should be able to give you more advice.

i think oscar test is to test for down syndrome in your baby. it is not absolutely necessary and the test does come with some risks, I think. your gynae will advise you more on this. personally, i'm not taking the oscar test, because i will still keep the baby no matter what, so feel that no point finding out so early and end up worrying too much. but that's just me lah... you should think about it with your hb and consult your gynae to make a decision.

Hi Meredith &amp; Snowger,

Thanks for sharin ur experiences w me! Now i noe that I'm not alone, I'm now seriously considering changing to a private gynae. I oso feel like u did. everything is chop chop then go. like they are dying to finish w the paitients ASAP. My gynae promised to show me my bb's heartbeat, but after 2 visits he still did not keep his promise. pretty sad lor..

any gd gynae to recommend pls?

For maternity clothes wise.. I oso can't fit into most of my bottoms lliao.. ha haa.. I manage to get some casual bottoms fr Mphosis. they have a range of elastic, loose fitting bottoms. That may be useful. Spring mternity is pretty cool too!

My MS is oso pretty bad.. on the bad days.. everything that goes in comes out.. including fluids.. on better days i can take many small meals.. I can't stand the smell of ginger &amp; garlic.. so ginger tea was out for me.. Hopefully It will go away soon!

hi tealeaf &amp; jazlyn

oscars test is for checking of down syndrome during 11-14wks of ur pregnancy. there is no risk as its juz as simple as a routine scan. risks involved will be if there's a need to do amnioticesis. (tink wrong spelling. lolx.)

usually high risk pregnancy, dr will advise to do. however, i've seen a few cases of women in earli 20s giving birth to a downie. which is y doing oscars test is pretty common these daes.

personally, i did for my boi so will do d same for my bb. =)

xuelyn, who was ur gynae at kkh?

hi tealeaf
i thought of taking the triple test instead but will seek gynae advise tomorrow.. lets see how...

Hi starlight
welcome!!

hey funshine ...

poor you! Yeah, I'm 11 weeks 5 days and everytime I tell people my MS getting better, it gets worse .. yesterday I was sick almost the whole day. really felt miserable. kept going to lie down.

Morning Ladies!

Yesterday i watched channel 8 News and they said something like pregnant women should not use their mobiles for more than 2-3 times a day. the "waves" will increase chances of Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) and also added that the harmful effects of usage of HP is as high as smoking and alcohol consumption.

They also say children under the age of 7 should not use mobile phones cos it will cause their brain cells to disintergrate..

well..

Hi morning ladies,

it's been sometime since i last posted, i've had extremely bad MS, was hospitalised for dehydration...

since i'm a first time mom-to-be, and have no experience, my question is if we passed the first trimester, and the MS goes away, does all the bloating go away too?

will our appetite return ??? and will we be able to eat normally (i.e normal meal portions and timings)???....i've been eating like every two hours, almost round the clock...so sick, many times, i've no appetite and eating for the sake of eating so that i wont puke......

good morning ladies!
its a new week again. And that also means 2nd trimester is nearer and nearer. Lets count down together for a better each day.... All of us have to be positive. Hence, we can motivate each other to stay cheerful, right?

Each pregnancy is different. My 1st one was pretty bad during the 1st trimester &amp; i lost almost 3kg. Basically, I survived on 6 pcs of white bread (2 pcs each for breakfas/lunch/dinner) a day.i can't take frequent small meals because really no appetite.My colleague even worse when she pregnant last time, she got MS till 7mth pregnant.Poor thing!

Hi Mimi, thks!

I have schedule for NT test instead..cheaper and only less 5% accurate diff from Oscar..keke

btw have you all let ur colleagues or boss know u are preggy? I still have yet to let them know yet...only close friends nt in office know only...i am 12 weeks now.

Hi Santorini,

So sorry to hear that you are having a hard time..Everyone is different. But basically once we pass the 1st trimester, appetite will slowly regain &amp; you will be able to eat more normally.For my case, my appetite improved alot but they are still certain food which puts me off.

We experience MS now because of hormones changes. In the 2nd trimester, the placenta will over the role &amp; thus we feel much better.

Back