(2008/10) Oct 2008

mint,
The one I bought is what most mum bought which is Dentinox...I placed it in the fridge though to keep it cold so that it's more effective...

Lilbluey,
Alamak think I'll just us those powder as a seasoning when hubby cooks this weekend...

<font color="0000ff">Mint,

To individual preference both are rich in calcium, however, I would prefer to use sliver fish becos they are 'cleaner' &amp; there's no need to remove the head/tails &amp; entrails.

U can opt to get those anchovies that are alrd cleaned (with tails/head removed). Normally, they cost about $18-$19 per kg for those.

However, for both, u will still need to sieve it after you grind it to filter out any potential small fragments of bones.

Everafter,

You can definitely do so, no problem
happy.gif

</font>

<font color="ff0000">Good Morning Mommies.

Bbgoh,
glad that Seline's blocked tear duct is gone.

Jill,
Skylar is eating Heinz and Gerber jars most of the time too, she doesn't like porridge at all and prefer the jars to my cooked food. Sighs but at least she is very easy to bring out, just bring one or two jars and a spoon will do.

Cereal,
Skylar is on cereal too besides her Heinz &amp; Gerber jars, I get Frisocrem Rice and Wheat for her to inter-change between lunch and dinner.

</font>

Lilbluey,
I didn't sieve after grinding and starting feeding my boy...oops! I just rinse it with water, toast it and grind it!

<font color="0000ff">Elch,

They made good seasoning, just like those ikan bilis powder sold by "Maggie" else you can oso use them to cook stock for your baby's porridge/brown rice
happy.gif

If u do have steamboat, can use as base too!
</font>

<font color="0000ff">Cheerbear,

Still can use lar just that if you want it to be fresh then not advisable to keep more than 2 wks, becos we dun prepare it commercially with no added preservatives or etc so dun store for too long.

Can't finish, then use for our own consumption hahaha ;p</font>

Wah.. u all so hardworking. Grinding ikan bilis. Think i shd go get some too. So far, only feeding him fish and vege mixed.

Cheerbear,
Cannot finish give me. Wahaha...

Karen,
Either branch is fine with me.

Friday can't. May need to bring Regina for the jab. Hopefully the stock is in for the vaccine. The nurse told me stock coming in on Thursday.

tok about food, how many times your babies eating + milk? tanya seem to be forever eating, like almost every hour she not sleeping is eating or milk..?

mint
i pm u. anyne else gng jwt? is it like bambini?

<font color="0077aa">elch
same as u i also nvr sieve it :p

bluey
i grind a lot &amp; kp it in fridge ler.. i thk only can use for 2mth bah lolx how?

cheerbear
the teething gel, PD said can apply up to 4times/day.

mousebb
feeding porridge is easy task for me but not milk. during weekend i ll have problem feeding her milk sigh... </font>

<font color="0077aa">Jus uz
is it? then how many ml she drinks per day nw?
seline only drink 120ml with 2hrly interval. 400-600ml per day only </font>

bbgoh,
My girl prefers milk to solids. Trying to make her eat 3 times a day but failing miserably. Now can only manage 2 solid feeds a day.

<font color="aa00aa">mint, bbgoh
My gal also prefers milk to solids. She likes to eat the bb biscuits which I bought on last weekend. Each time when i open a small pkt, will give 1.5pcs to korkor and the remainder half to her. She eat it on her own dont have to feed her which I'm very happy too *lazy mummy*.</font>

bbgoh
she drinks 11oz (approx 330ml) by bottle and latches about 2 more times a day, before and after bed. then midnight feeds vary with her own crying haha

mint
hey tanya oso 2 solid feeds a day. what to feed during breakfast? i always dunno what to give her. else whole day will be feeding same food haha

dentinox
i oso use this. i din know should put in the fridge. will try that. it works quite like a charm. sometimes she cry, i apply she sure stop and ngum the taste haha i think tanya like the taste lol

<font color="0077aa">mousebb
wat biscuit u bought for them? i bought the rice biscuit baby bites i dun dare to let her eat it her own ler

juz us
seline also only 2x porridge.
my neighbour use cereal for her 15mth old gal as breakfast.

any baby start solid breakfast? mean they on 3xsolid food then the milk intake ll bcum lesser, can mah? wondering wat is the minimum milk intake for them at this stage. </font>

bbgoh, my baby on solid for breakfast.

my mum will feed her cereal for breakfast, porridge (with spinach, carrots, pumpkin and fish) for lunch and dinner. her milk intake definitely went down. abt 500ml+/- only a day.

my baby is 8.5months and i asked PD if this is overfeeding PD says it's okay cos my baby is not big.. only 8kg as of last weekend.

<font color="aa00aa">bbgoh
I bought bb bites too! Initially I also dont dare to let wenmin eat in on her own but after I tried it, I find the biscuit dissolves easily in the mouth so now I would give her half pc and she eat it on her own lor.</font>

<font color="0077aa">lyndx
dun mind share yr feeding timing?
since my gal dun like milk, wondering if i just give her cereal + FM for breakfast </font>

<font color="0077aa">lyndx
dun mind share yr feeding timing?
since my gal dun like milk, wondering if i just give her cereal + FM for breakfast </font>

<font color="aa00aa">lyndx
Dont worry too much about the weight of your bb. As long as she is healthy, it doesnt matter now cos it will eventually come to a stage when your gal weight will start to pick up.</font>

bluey,
if do every 2 wks think i will be very busy liao.. anyway my mum already did some and if put in the cube maybe got ard 1.5-2oz so shld be able to tahan awhile b4 i do again anyway each time i jus give 1/2 of his spoon.

xy,
give u cant la.. i sell u if u wan.. do until hand break liao coz i use a pounder to make into powder as i dun hv a grinder at home.

elch,
u put the dentinox in the fridge, wont it be too cold for the gum? i jus left it at room temp leh.

lyndx,
welcome.. think never chat with u b4
"porridge (with spinach, carrots, pumpkin and fish) for lunch and dinner" for everyday will be sian right? actually same as u lor.. my son has been eating this combi for lunch every day so now sometimes i will replace the carrot with tomatoes.

<font color="0077aa">cheerbear
if u worry boring on same vege, still got a lot of vege can use. eg brocolli, cauliflower, kailan, sweetpotato, potato, xiau bai cai
wat tomato u use? cherry tomato? do we need to remove the seed? </font>

bbgoh, my baby's schedule:

6/7am- drink fm abt 100ml
9am- eat cereal mixed with fm
11am- drink 120ml bm
1pm- eat porridge
3pm- drink 120ml bm
6pm- eat porridge

mousebb, my baby's weight constantly on 25th percentile. funny cos me and hubby both big size. me 1.7m and hubby 1.75m.. but good thing is she looks chubby lah on her face and limbs.

oh talking abt baby bisuits, i gave my baby pigeon ones and she likes it alot! think melt easily and she likes. she can finish 2 long pieces herself slowly.

cheer bear, hahah i was following the thread since preggy days and chat every once in a while but not frequent that's why u din chat with me before =)

my baby still okay not too bored hahah. actually i quite like her porridge. think quite tasty and nutritious. much more healthy than out adults' meals!
oh sometimes mum alternate fish with pork lah..

bbgoh,
brocoli my mum scare the 'flower' part too much 'yi li yi li' then hard for him to swollow so dun allow me to give even i tell her u mummies r giving.

never try the rest b4 except for sweet potatoes which sometime i will ask my mum to buy a few pcs as my hse ntuc dun sell.

i try cherry tomato once but too hard to remove the skin and end up shawn dun like so i give normal one instead and he is ok.. yes hv to remove skin and seed.

lyndx,
i feel is abit over feed but since ur PD say is ok then shld be alright
happy.gif

bb biscuits - how often do ur give? i only buy 3 types which r the toothipeg, gerber star and pigeon small round white one.. but it takes so long for him to finish. for each of the type i hv more than 3/4 left at home.

cheer bear
wat's your feed schedule like?
u give gerber stars? i wanted to buy then ask the lady during motherhood fair she say must 10mth
sad.gif

hi bbgoh - my boy eat cereal+fruit for breakfast and cereal+fish+veg puree for lunch and porridge for dinner. PD said we gave too much milk that is why solid feeding diff...so we cut down on milk to starve him
happy.gif
Milk intake daily is 610ml. Also he will drink water + juice and tea time is fruit puree

jus us,
my feeding schedule is
8am - 150ml
11am - porridge + fruit
2pm - 150ml
5pm - cereal (dun wan to give porridge coz scare too full) + fruit
8pm - 150ml
2 or 3am - 150ml

i only give biscuit once in a while in the afternoon after his nap ard 3pm coz give everyday scare is heaty esp my son dun poo every day and strain when he poo.

<font color="aa00aa">cheer bear, lyndx
Where do you buy the pigeon bb biscuits? Was trying to find at ntuc finest but cannot find leh.

lyndx
Same here. My gal looks super chubby on her face and cheek and many pple thot she is fat. Even me and hubby also buay tahan and like to call her "fei niu". However, the actual fact is her weight is still around 7kg++ now. We dont want her to be too big size too cos hubby and me are not tall. I'm 1.6m and hubby around 1.66m nia.</font>

jus us,
the gerber star is too big for him so i hv to make into a few small pcs if not he will choke.. he like the small pcs as it melt in the mouth
happy.gif

<font color="aa00aa">cheer bear
I give biscuits to my gal once or twice a day. Sometimes when nothing to do and dont know what to entertain her, i would let her eat!

Gave carrot sticks to my kids yesterday. Seems to be too hard for wenmin so she also chewed a few mouths and gave up! Wenxuan likes it a lot! I guess it is bcos it is sweet bah!</font>

lyndx
hey, my girl last check up is 8.25kg only. Your bb is 1 week junior than mine and weight 8kg.. is consider good lei

And her schedule:

6.30am - 180ml (Home)
approx 10.30am - 180ml (IFC)
approx 1.30pm - porridge (IFC)
approx 2.30pm - 150ml (IFC)
approx 6.30pm - 180ml (IFC)
approx 8.30pm - 180ml (Home)

NO cereal &amp; NO porridge in evening.

mummies,
is my bb weight okay?

mousebb,
i buy from bedok ntuc one.. so ex lor.. one box for $3.80 got 4 small pkts 2 plain 2 pumkin favour (i try but dun find that it taste like pumpkin at all machiam like plain one).

<font color="aa00aa">cheer bear
Gerber star is the small small ones is it? I bought a bottle last week and wenmin like it. I just put one in her mouth and she is so happy. It melts in the mouth.</font>

cheer
icic, hey i like ur schedule but tanya sure cant
sad.gif
we must fight to get her finish 100ml milk. dunno is itmy bm not nice
sad.gif
thot of trying fm see if she prefer coz heard tastier?

mousebb
can get from dept store like taka/bhg etc

<font color="aa00aa">lili
Every bb weighs differently so it is difficult to compare. As long as PD din say anything about your bb weight and your bb is healthy, dont have to worry too much.

Each time when I bring my gal for checkup/jab, I will ask the PD how's my gal weight and she would look into the health booklet and tell me she is on what percentile.

cheer bear
Thanks. Will go find again. Maybe I can go find at KP since I'm going to compasspoint on this weekend. </font>

Back