(2008/10) Oct 2008

<font color="0000ff">Lyndx,

My baby schedule as follows:

715 am - 240 ml milk
9 am - Snack + Juice
11 am - (Lunch) Porridge/Brown Rice with vegetables/meat/fish + 1 serving of fruit
1.30 pm - 240 ml milk
3 pm - Snack + Water/Juice
5 pm - (Dinner) Porridge/Brown Rice with vegetables/meat/fish + 1 serving of fruit.
8.30 pm - 240 ml milk
12 am ~ - 200 - 240 ml milk
</font>

cheerbear
my PD say "okay"... and say accordingly to birth weight, she's average weight ...
cos' my bb weight <3kg at birth weight

jus us,
i need to coax, pat, walk ard to let shawn finish the 150ml. if u wan maybe can try fm for a change to see she like mah but then bm still the best
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Mousebb,

The pigeon baby biscuits is $4.90 per box of 4 packets if I'm not wrong, now KP got sales 20% for members and 15% for public.
</font>

jus us,
not every ntuc hv.. my hse one dun hv too.. that day i go bedok walk walk happen to see so jus buy
happy.gif

mousebb,
if u wan i can bring some for WM to try if she like then u go kp buy lor.

<font color="aa00aa">bluey
Thanks for the info! Will go get some during this weekend.

juz us
My gal is around tanya weight too
happy.gif
</font>

<font color="aa00aa">cheer bear
Thanks for the offer. I will go KP buy on this sat. If wenmin doesnt like it, I still have wenxuan to "clear" the stocks for me. Haha!</font>

<font color="ff0000">Wah Bluey,

Envy you leh..... how much if Skylar drinks that much milk..... She can't even finish her 150ml, sighssss.....

</font>

<font color="ff0000">Cheer Bear,

We give Skylar Gerber star since she was 7months, it actually melts in her mouth and does not contain much sugar.... hehe we had a few to try first.

</font>

Cheer Bear,
The coldness of the teething gel aids in numbing the soreness of their gum better...just like why some of us put the teething rings into fridge to cool it...

I only let Dylan try Gerber stars...just last week I bought Healthy Tims Maple Arrowroot Biscuits but yet to let him try...the Pigeon one sounds good...shall keep a look out for it...

vanilla,
I'll be very happy if my boy drinks more milk and less solids as at his stage till 1 or 2 years old, main nutrients are still from milk...my mum's always complaining that my boy don't want to eat but I'm not worried as long as he's drinking his milk and taking his fruits and vegetables...that's after I know that a nephew of mine who's 2 months older than our babies 'survives' solely drinks fruit juices, frozen bm, almond milk and eat fruits...he's a healthy and energetic baby....

mousebb,
How thick is your carrot stick? I'm interested but not confident to give it to my boy leh...I gave him a piece of apple and he bit off a big chunk...got to dig it out for him as it's too big for him to swallow...

Hi Mummies!!

Bluey.. which FM is baby A on? great that he can eat and drink so much.

cheerbear... think dentinox box indicates to store below 25 deg and max 6 times a day.

<font color="aa00aa">elch
I bought the bb carrots and I cut it vertically into 4 pcs. Be careful when you give apple cos apple is softer and bb can bite it off. My sil gave it to wenxuan when he was around 8 months and he nearly got choke. Luckily he managed to cough it out. It was so scary! From then onwards I dont dare to give him apple and also inform everyone no apple for him!</font>

<font color="0000ff">Gioanna,

Dunnit to be envious, as long as your gal is getting sufficient nutrients, that's most impt
happy.gif

Busybee,

He's on Similac
happy.gif

</font>

Hi Mummies! long time no see no hear!

Sigh. Been so busy with work lately. Coming in here to skive... hehehe....

Wanna share with you mummies that my girl is finally accepting solids quite well after 7 weeks of "force feeding"! Shag....

We realised it has nothing to do with the brands of cereals. She finished up both Bellamy and HT cereals after she finally took solids well. Here's my feeding schedule for her:

6am - 150ml milk
9am - 150ml milk
12noon - Eu Yen Sang brown rice + 120ml
3pm - 150ml milk
6pm - HT cereals + 100ml
9pm - 150ml milk

So far so good, just that we wanna increase her intake of solids for both meals. Hope to keep cereals as her breakfast when we start her on those cooked porridge. Cereals easier to prepare when we are outside also.

Want to buy her some teething rusk as her front bottm 2 teeth came out liao! looks very cute now when she smiles.. haha... any suggestions on what teething rusks to buy? Am looking at Bellamy organic toothphies but it contain mineral salt. Not sure if it's ok. Any mum bought heinz?

hi mousebb - robinson and isetan also sell pigeon biscuits...

juz us - my boy is 6.5kg..i was so happy he put on 0.5kg in 3 weeks!! he still on 3 percentile...

mousebb,
Shall try it out this weekend, must give him some fresh food since he's always taking frozen cubes on weekdays...after reading an article a mummy posted here about man-made baby carrots I'll opt for 'adult' carrots instead...

<font color="aa00aa">Vanilla
Thanks!

Surf
I also force fed my gal with cereals and now porridge. If I dont force feed her, she wont want to open her mouth!!!! </font>

A quote from an article I come across...

"Milk is the food for babies and contains all of the elements necessary to make teeth, and until they are made, it should continue to be the sole food. It is not enough that two or three or a half dozen teeth have come through, that they should be expected to do any part of a grown child's work."

elch
i oso got the HT vanilla and maple biscuits.
sad.gif
i dun like leh. very messy and breaks easily! always must dig out from her mouth. BUT tanya loves it haha i think is very tasty, i eat oso like, and she smells so yummy after eating it hehee.

mousebb, elch
i feed chunks of food using the mesh feeder from munchkin. tried carrot, apple, etc oso; quite successful. but a bit messy

busybee
o thanks i better put in fridge then

surf
ur baby can take so much milk after finishing her porridge/cereal? or u wait a while b4 feeding the milk? heinz teething biscuit oso got salt

vanilla
oic. when ur baby born? mine right at the start of oct wor. and born was 3.25kg. haha so she keep falling lower and lower on the percentile
sad.gif

hihi...hope anyone knows of good sale for steriliser..mine just spoilt..

pildough - me stress re. nursery...can't find any christian ones near my area in jurongwest/boonlay...sigh

Juz Us,

I took one to try and it smells very nice! Haha...
What's a mesh feeder?

Cheer Bear,
It might be the leaflet inside the box...not on the box itself...

hi juz us - he is born 2 Oct and was a small 2.67kg, weight went down to 2.3kg and now at 8mths over is 6.5kg...

but if she is still abve 50 percentile still ok lah...if she fall from 90 percentile to 60 percentile..still v good weight...dun worry...also height plays part on weight too... my plc has this 7mth bb so big compared to my bb..her maid v shocked my bb is 8mths, she thot 5 mths only...diapers still small size -- he is helping mummy save $

thanks juz us..
yah, i was looking at the jurong calvary..but they are closed so i have to wait till school reopens... but i also heard waiting list quite long leh..

u mean now don't need to sterilise liao ar...??

springles53,
think robinson still having sales, u can go take a look

libluey,
wow ur bb really power leh....can drink 240ml milk....my bb maxi is 180ml.
happy.gif

<font color="0000ff">Little Doggie,

Is my boy drinking too much now? sometimes am afraid he's too full since he normally finish a big bowl of porridge/brown rice ;p
</font>

<font color="0077aa">mousebb
i also have trauma with apple for baby.
it happened on my uncle's son. he choked by apple then passed away when he was 1yo.

i give seline cucumber stick, its also queit soft not as carrot. but its juicy so she likes it so much </font>

hiya mommies

thread so active today! hee, i just came back from a walk thru with my client. so sian... was on my feet most of the time!

been reading abt heating releasing BPA into the food/milk...jia lat...so now really dunno if should continue sterilising and if its worth gettin a new one esp now at 9 mths

<font color="0077aa">bluey
yr boy really has good appetiate ler.
i dun mind my girl broken my pocket a big hole on FM lolx </font>

hi lilbluey...must ask ur boy to influence my boy to eat like him..then i will be v happy!

my sister gave my boy apricots to bite...we let him chew and leave his teeth marks all over the apricot then mummy eat the rat bitten fruit...

<font color="0077aa">springles
i thk u dun have to get new one le.. maybe everytime u wanna use the bottle or baby's utilise just stir with hot water ll do
unless if u got for #2 then maybe can invest 1 more.
but how come it spoilt so fast? no more warranty? </font>

<font color="0000ff">Bbgoh/Vanilla,

I am contented that he eats enough and gain sufficient nutrients
happy.gif

Milk powder very siong leh like that so muz stock up more during sales.

Vanilla,

We are always eating their leftovers right hahahaha ;p

BBgoh,

Sad to hear about your uncle's son case
sad.gif
tht's why we must never take things for granted
</font>

lilbluey, think if ur bb is happpily drinkg and eating all his food then should be ok lor.....unless PD think that he is overweight.:p

btw is ur bb drinking FM or BM. Mine is on TBM and mix with some FM.

spring
most ppl i know stop at 6 mth as baby stuff anything into mouth anyway so i thot 6 mth no need already. but just googled and seemed most rec til 12 mth. but hot water should work too?

bbgoh
o my, is so scary to hear that! i think i quite careless wif my baby food one, my mum always scold me dun anyhow let tanya eat. coz sometimes eat fruit i will share mine with her

bluey
wow u using similac? mabbe should buy that for tanya. wonder which formula tastiest

bbgoh,
After reading what happened to your uncle's son, I realised that I'm taking my chances giving my boy slices of fruits liek apples, guavas and pears!

<font color="0077aa">i thk any food we give to our baby must make sure under our supervise &amp; not let them playing around while eating.
my 'young cousin' was having 1 slice on his hand then he was learing walking &amp; running. it just happen in front me while i was playing with him too. i was sec 1 when it happened </font>

jus us,
the mesh feeder is cute but is the material ok for bb to use coz it seem like those wire gauze.

bbgoh,
i planning to give cucumber stick too.. maybe will try on wkend
happy.gif

ur uncle must be veri sad.. 1yo
sad.gif

vanilla,
either me or my hb will be the 'rubbish bin' to finish those he cant.

spring,
think no need to buy liao.. jus boil water to sterlise also can.

bluey,
think ur boy milk intake is the most out of all oct bb :p

btw jolly say fri cant wan to change to thur, u ok?

hi, thanks for the advice..i also thinking if should invest since i may have n0.2...
but i'm more upset abt my DR browns' after reading some thread which i can't find now that Dr brown's made in china ( i bought 3 from kiddy palace and have been using them ) and has BPA...

now i don't know wat to do, rush down to first few years and get BPA free bottles??

Back