(2008/10) Oct 2008

<font color="0000ff">Little Doggie,

My boy won't be overweight, becos he clears his bowels everyday sometimes twice a day ;p hahahaha

He's on total FM
happy.gif

Juz Us,

He's on similac since infancy so just let him cont'd
happy.gif

</font>

Hi Mummies,

Long time no post! MIA since wife gave birth!

Need help please!

1) Your babies drinks a lot of water? My gal simply love water...can drink up to 50ml per "feed" and often cry for it..even after her milk. Is that normal? worry that she drinks too much!

2) She just cant stop scratching her head (top and back). Wonders wat make her scratches so much?! Any advice?

ps: She's also not teething yet...so can give her biscuit to bite...will be 8 months this coming sunday. sad!
sad.gif

Thanks!

springles53 - I used medela BPA free bottles to feed my girl. But I heard that even BPA bottles need to be changed every 4 months after constant daily steam sterilizing. I been using mine for coming 8 months!

Come to think of it, may be it's time to stop sterilising the bottles. I dodn't sterilise her bowl and spoon :p, except before the 1st usage back then. Subsequently, we just use hot water to rinse. I also don't steam sterilise my pump parts after every use. I wash and use hot water to rinse only. Touch wood lar... so far baby is ok.

Juz Us - we feed milk half hour after solid. But she eating very little only. 1.5 tablespoon for cereal
sad.gif
and half tablespooon for eu yen sang brown rice. She still eat in small mouthful so after 15 min, she starts to get restless and refused to eat. So we hv to go slow with her and then slowly increase. Her main food is still milk lor.

Hey busy bee

You saw my sms last week? Was asking when you will be organising BP for Bellamy
happy.gif

Hi mummies,
Something to share, if you all have time, you can google forthis book called 'The Hygienic Care of Children' by Herbert M. Shelton....very interesting as it debunks lots of beliefs in modern world....I've yet to read all of it but only selectively and I'm intrigued by what's been written...

Mesh feeder, I bot that for minibee... I think it does prevent choking hazard.

Surf, sorry have been busy as minibee is cruising a little and standing every opportunity she can. Abt bellamy's I dun think i will be organising a bp as i have ample supply stocked up and won't be doing one anytime soon

Bluey, minibee drinks as much as Baby Ashton. Have u transitioned to stage2 milk? Minibee loves her stage1 milk. I am still in the midst of transitioning her to stage 2 milk.

cheer
not wire, hard to describe but should be safe for baby. coz meant for baby mah. so far tanya use oso ok, but sumtimes she bite the handle instead of the food part :X

spring
huh docbrown oso got china non bpa one? wah better check b4 buying. mabbe can try mix with some fruit like banana? sweet sweet one, they usually like?

pappy
mabbe is cradle cap? some baby like tanya CC come later. check with PD next visit? dun worry, my baby teeth oso pop about 8.5 month.

elch
it is such an extreme article. as i browse thru it, i think i am lead to belief something - do any and have everything in moderation. once done in extreme and believed in extreme, effects are adverse....

Juzus, hello!! Its been ages! ;) Did u get the munchkin one? I regret not getting the sassy one which comes with a cap. But good thing abt munchkin one i think its bpa free.

mummies,
i got question on bb biscuits. Like pigeon and even gerber stars, they got put sugar as part of the ingredients. can our little ones take sugar? will they develop sweet tooth? can someone enlighten me?

hi pappy,
u dun have to worry abt teething. my bb is gg to b 9 mths old this 18th and stil no signs of teething. PD says some bbs teeth at 1 yr old. so dun worry!

<font color="0077aa">any mummy get the nuby sippy cup?
i find it not good as very hard to turn close the lid. wondering is mine spoilt or its normal </font>

Oh, the pigeon fish biscuits is good? I will check out kiddy palace for it. Am abit skeptical abt pigeon biscuits initially as I don't see it move very fast in places such as KP, dunno if left on the shelves for very long already. Unlike supermarkets, the products move very fast, so will hv fresh stocks. I probably buy bellamy to try also, coz it's organic.

Everafter - ya lor, am thinking if wanna buy the big medela bottle that comes in 250ml. If buy, will buy from spree lor. I hv free bottles from pigeon when I first bought my steriliser, but it's not BPA free. But if I don't sterilise anymore, am thinking it may be ok? haha... if not, the 5 pigeon bottles are collecting dust in my cupboard. I have 3 x 300ml and 2 x 200ml. Big enough.

Elch - aiyo, at least use hot water to rinse lar...

Busybee - no worries. just checking out
happy.gif
I can buy from supermarkets but their range not alot. Only hv for 4 month, 6 months, Star pasta and the toothphie. I can continue to buy HT too.

bbgoh - I bought pigeon mag mag cup. But my girl still treats it like her milk bottle to drink
sad.gif

Hi mummies

Anyone struggling to feed you baby porridge? Started with pork porridge yesterday and today with fish porridge... Both missions FAILED! She refused to eat and gave a kind of disgusted look. Wonder if it's because of the blandness that's why she doesn't like it. She takes well to cereal though. Read that it is not advisable to add soy sauce to porridge, but any mummy doing so?

<font color="0077aa">surf
i got the pigeon mag mag cup for her too.. yah she treat her as milk bottle too </font>

<font color="0000ff">Kiwi,

Did you try using pork/sweet corn/carrot/sliver fish/ikan bilis/sweet onions? to boil the stock before cooking the porridge. It will actually add taste to it and would not taste too bland, like some of us u can try grinding sliver fish/ikan bilis into powder form and add to the porridge which will greatly enhance the taste
happy.gif

Give your little tot some time, she will need some time to adjust to it.
</font>

hey mummies,
still at work... tks for all the kind words... my maid was sent off this morning... she still got the cheek to tell me "maam, i understand u", and told my sister "maam, next time u get married and give birth, u call me lah... i help u look after like Kieran".... GOSHHHH!!

i really ren her so much lor... cos' am so worried she'll do harm to bb and my parents.. that i didnt scold her... n this morn, my hubby was the one who sent her off, as i have a telcon at 7am.. sigh....

btw, about ikan bilis... do we have to remove the head n the "black" stuff?? or can we toast n grind w the head n all?

<font color="0000ff">Forest,

Was there an episode with your maid? *oops* must have missed it anyway it must a load off your mind now that she's gone :D

It's best to remove the head and inner organs, at least it's cleaner, else get those alrd processed ones (meaning heads/organs removed).
</font>

Mint
Is the one you are going called baby jumpers gym? There's a branch so near our place. I want to go for the trial of this one too. So convenient.

LilBluey

Yes,I added ikan bilis to the porridge, just a small teaspoon. Will try again tomorrow... keep my fingers crossed! So diappointed...
sad.gif

kiwifruit,
my MIL boiled the pork with carrot and added the soup into the porridge to cook. then add in fish, pumpkin and spinach...my gal loves it. Sadly, i have not tried cooking any porridge for her yet..

karen,
where baby jumpers gym? at bt batok?

hello mummies

finally managed to log in!

kylie,
thanks for holding on to my babybanz. my toddler took one look at the retro banz i got her and said "I dont like the dots dots", faintz.

kiwifruit,
yes, my gal have all the ho liao..yah, but dun ask me how to cook. I really have no clues, this is just based on my MIL's description. But it really sounds like lots of work to me..

Karen,
Thanks! i will check it out.

Essanna,
Oh dear. I think u didn't get retro banz, yours should be kidzbanz. Do you want to change to other colour? sms me if you want..
happy.gif

Karen,
The one I'm going on Thursday is at Stadium Walk. But we can go for the one at Bukit Batok. So near us. let's go next week. Heehee!

The baby jumper gym uses the glenn doman approach to teach the kids.

Hi mummies:
Its been a long time since I last posted, and at such unearthly time. Been so busy now that have to cook porridge for my boy. Anyway just to join in the discussion..

Feeding schedule:
I don't even have a "schedule" as my boy still wakes up 1 to 2 times in the night. Morning sometimes he wakes up as early as 6 am, or as late as 9, 10 am. Is this normal?

Porridge time, can be 12 pm or 2 pm depends on what time the porridge is ready haha, this mummy is lazy and not disciplined. Anyway generally he is on 2 solids (sometime breakfast cereal if he wakes up early). 1.5 to 2 hours later he'll have his milk, but each time latch on only 10 mins.

Weight gain:
He is slowing down alot. Now 9.8 kg, 2 months ago he was already 9 kg. So I starting mixing FM into EBM, in case my milk not nutritious enough.

Porridge:
Jia you to kiwifruit and other mummies who just started porridge. I think some babies take a while to adapt no matter what ho liao and how tasty it is. Mine took about 3 weeks before he eat a decent amount. Initially spitted it out.

Ingredients wise, I am in a dilema, my mum says simple will do, easy eat easy grow, don't let the baby get used to eating so tasty food. I don't mean add soya sauce, but to add in all the nice ingredients all at one go. So each meal, I would only use one kind of meat, at most with one kind of veg. What do you mummies think?

Also like to ask, if give fruit or fruit puree, must wait a while after the meal then can give? Any harm if I alternate a few mouths of porridge and fruit? Thought it will make the taste less monotonous, but dunno will it affect digestion or something?

Mint:
Its been v long, but just to thank you for answering my question the other time regarding the ingredients Mrs Wong used for her chicken porridge. As I mentioned, I think my baby rejected initially coz not used to it, not becase its too bland. But now ok already.

Kindermusik:
Sorry to Cheer Bear and Karen (I think) for not following up that time we were discussing when to go for the trial if the swine flu is in control. Thanks jellypurin for starting the list, I'll go locate the post to add my name. Looking forward to starting my boy on something, maybe gymboree too. I think he is v bored at home.

Cya "later" mummies, gg back to bed yawns.

Good morning mommies

It's mid-week-yay! Looking forward to weekend and Father's Day! Any plans for you mommies and what have you planned for your bbs &amp; daddys? We are just going for a simple brunch.

Purpleangel - You hve to decide if you want to go the simple way by simply pasting your pics into pre-designated scrap album kits like SEI kits, or be bold enough to get plain / printed pages and start being creative. For the latter, you need to decide how large your album would be ie. 8x8 or 12x12 and then you get the relevant sized paper, glue, embellishments, pics and start scrapping. You can sign up for class at MwL or Laine Papeterie to get a headstart or simply go down to any of these shops to discuss with the sales assistants. Have fun! Surf around the net and you will sure get links to scrap galleries, scrap tools needed, and 101 scrapping, techniques.

Dimple &amp; Jelly are are experts ...
happy.gif

Wan Chuen - Nice to see you online. I read that some bbs do not have fixed schedules whilst some run by the clock. SO I think as long as your bb is doing well, there's no reason to stress. Er btw, I think it's not gd to mixed your ebm with FM. Your ebm is the best milk in the world so dun need FM to substantiate it ;)

Tasty food - no soya sauce to be introduced becos it will stress their tiny kidneys. Think some moms use ikan bilis powder / stock, and some boil poil bones. For me, I simply put 1 meat into the slow cooker with the ground brown rice and cook. Pureed greens added when nearly ready. The result is a yummy tasty porridge!

Hi Ruffles, thanks for ur advice on cooking porridge and for EBM. Heh.. not sure if BM is best for him now coz sometimes I skip meals and resort to unhealthy snacks. But will do my best in BF
happy.gif

No plans for Dad's day leh..

morn mommies

forest
i recently kena warning letter liao from MOM. i am going to be blacklisted soon! i shd be happy so that i can dun hire anymore. i am stressed out by this responsibility. by the way, once you hit 4 maids under 1 year, u will get a warning letter :p

you must take care of urself. me stressed at new job too

karen
sorry, late reply. all biscuits on the shelves contains some form of sugar/sodium. it's inevitable. even bellamy's toothiepegs had got some, unless u wanna bake them urself
happy.gif

wan chuen
ur bub is doing well. ur bm is best! i understand ur concern for mixing fm, but ur bub will gradually want fm over bm so add just a bit if possible
happy.gif

ruffles
me no expert lah... i am still beginners, but scraplifting from mags is the way to go! if any of u mommies out there that is into scrapbooking, i am proposing a crop party! let me know
happy.gif

re: ikan bilis
my mom splurged on these japanese sardines that we bought from isetan scotts. they are not salted and all parts should be used according to the japanese man selling it. we tasted the dried sardines and it was fresh and tasty! will be grounding them up and let rebby have a taste of it this weekend

re porridge - some bb still dont like textured food so may have to blend porridge..like my son! if we use slow cooker and cook till death the rice grains, he still find them grainy and spit it all out. So am still blending the porridge till consistency is like cream soup.

But i think some bb grow thru a phase of food fighting...i thot it was teething and even iced my porridge for him (he eats better but still a struggle).

Any one tried chicken? Heard that chicken not good for children below 1 cos of phlegm..is it true?

Back