(2008/10) Oct 2008

hi rebecca

Ya, me not tat worried anymore. Just wanna get it done and don't want to think so much for now. :p

hi mousebb

ya Dr Adrian is quite good i heard. But his memory a bit poor. He forgot that he actually told me to choose a c-sect date during my previous appointment! LOL

hi forest

Ya maybe i should demand a 'reward' after my delivery! Hahaaa

hi jen

Oh u from the sept brides thread too? Heehe
happy.gif

Hello Mummies, i had hard time ever since yesterday. Was quite upset as i did not have any BM during the 1st few days. Last night bryan was crying so much, we had no chboice but to give formula. I felt very upset and depressed and wat make things worse is my engorment!! Its so painful that i barely can slp! Now i can only express 30ml each time! Sigh~ Really hope more milk flow will come!

Littlebluey- Gld to know tat bb Ash will be discharged tml, meanwhile do get enuff sleep and rest!!

whitepaper- Glad that ur CL is a modern and nice lady... and u remain optimisstic on BF and milk supply!! *Jiayou*

jellypurin- Ic....good luck & have a smooth delivery yah!!

Karen- My opinion same as many others, most impt is for bb to be deliver safe & sound and morever ur gynae knows ur condition best since he's with u thru out ur pregnancy.. ;)

bbgoh- Thxs for sharing ur birth story....And jiayou on BF!!! ;)

mint- Jiayou mummy and hear updates from u again!!! ;)

Enya- Ic heeee....me fine... meanwhile just try to go out and walk more, else my mum kept nagging at me for not walking more etc lah to ease and speed up labour etc..Haiz.. Sounds as if I'm so lazy lah!! ;p

heeee ic ok ok u go rest soon k...
Me just make myself a glass of warm milk with a slice of pandan cake to go along! Else bb protesting liao!! *Keke*

Nite Enya mummy!! ;D

<font color="ff6000">hi mummies,

just popped by to say thanks for all the well wishes and encouragement! here's my birth story:

contractions regular at 10min intervals on Mon 11pm.

TUES 1am: admitted to Mt A. after CTG and dilation check (2cm)
Told to sleep to wait for contractions to intensify.
WED 7am: dilation still 2cm+ only.
8:45am: gynae came and broke water bag to speed things up.
11am: only dilated 3cm! put on cytocin drip
contractions started intensifying
2:45pm: dilation check - still only 3cm! piangz.
3:15pm: agreed to epidural. cytocin drip dosage increased, contractions increased in pain but din feel anything cos epi is POWER.
8pm: dilated to 8cm.
9:30pm: started pushing.
9:52pm: baby Kate arrives to the outside world!!

Sorry very exhausted after that so haven't uploaded photos at all.

Yesterday night very discouraged cos kate no urine since discharged at noon yesterday. even though I had latched her on and she had sucked very well 8 times yesterday by midnight! at least 10-15mins on each side every time! But only got colustrum so i also admit no real liquid flowing into her body. CL said her lips very dry, and no good to get dehydrated. after consulting with PD, he said okay to supplement with one formula feed.

so last night (everafter, like you) we started formula feed. she cried less, rooted less (even though i started latching her on demand everytime she rooted) and slept peacefully. best part she managed to poo a lot.

i really really wanted to TBF but couldn't bear seeing her suffer and worried abt complications if she got dehydrated. sigh. guess i'm on the track to having a combination until my milk supply comes in. It's only been less than 60 hrs since she was born (so less than 2.5 days) but theoractically she's 4 days old? so hopefully my milk supply comes in soon. will go and search for that power pump schedule and pump away.

won't be able to come to this thread, but can email me at [email protected] so i don't miss anything u guys have to say to me. will miss you all, but have to focus on kate now.... finally know what maternal love means!
happy.gif

take care everyone and let's press on!</font>

bbgoh, mousebb
For me, i pump every 3-3.5hrs. At 1st is 2hrs but getting tired. Each side pump for 15mins. Now i dun look at timing, just pump till "dry". Haha guess about 15-10mins.
Breast will feel sudden engorge, and will leak and i know i have to pump but many times, i drag for another 15mins then pump.
Like last night, i missed the pump at 2am, and woke up 5.30am to pump. I got 180ml. Think should put an alarm clock to wake me up. Do u gals do that?

Congrats LilBluey, bbgoh, everafter and all the mommies who have popped!

Been so busy since bb was born- pumping, bf-ing etc.

Everafter - are you discharged already or still in hosp? If the latter, get the nurse to remove all the clog ducts for u. If at home, press your breasts VVV Hard towards your nipples till you see milk droplets. This will help ease the clogging and you can pump all yr milk out. Don't leave them engorged cos you can get fever, and end up with mastitis.

lili - I will always be auto-woken up to pump 3-4hrly cos my breasts will be soo full and hard that I feel uncomfortable zz. If whole nite dun pump (12am-6am), I will get big heavy rockbuns and yield 180-200ml milk.

bbgoh.. glad that u have a good flow of BM..
Do rest well and take care ya....

forest.. how's yr massage???

everafter.. don feel upset k.. slowly try.. I'm sure yr supply will increase slowly...

gd morn all mummies,

hw's brekkie?

by the way, cheerbear has popped!!! Bb Shawn is 3.2kg, 51cm...natural w/o epi! another idol!!!!!!

Cheerbear, speedy recovery!!! n see yr bb shawn's foto real soon!

hi,

Just to update.

I had delivered my bb boy yesterday. 3.73kg natural w/o epidural. Giant bb. Dr Adrian Wood kept shouting "Bb is big...". BB was almost stucked bcos of his bigg shoulder but luckily still manage to come out after few hard pushes.

Congrats Cheerbear and Jess...
Another 2 babies here....

Trace.. My breakfast not bad today.. soya bean with pancake... hee... today last day at work hor??? happy???

Trace.. my bee hoon here sucks leh...
hang on another day ya.. u gg for ML soon....

I feel so breathless at times.. leg start to get pain after sitting too long.. haiz...

Vanilla.. heard chicken is no good for wound... so u better don eat ya... the best is eat fish for at least 12 days after C-sect...

<font color="0077aa">Congrats cheerbear &amp; jess,
Rest well
happy.gif

Trace, 'ren' till this evening &amp; u r 'free' liao...yeah!</font>

<font color="0077aa">VaNiLLa,
from what I heard u r right abt seafood, chicken, eggs. I also heard cannot eat liver for 1st 12 days too.</font>

tweety,

try not to sit for too long..walk ard..like go toilet..ehehe..

my pelvis will b painful aft sitting for a while..so need to walk ard..but walk too much oso pain..so cham!

jjmom,

yeah!! counting down the numbers of hours left in this ofc! hahaha

JJmom,

so no these 'forbidden food' for 12 days? Alamak..think reali have to go vegetarian liao.

Hmmm..y some are telling me have to avoid for at least 3 mths? Puzzled...

<font color="aa00aa">Cheerbear, Jess
Congrats!
happy.gif

Jess
Wow! Dr Adrian was so excitedly wor! Really peifu you! Do it naturally w/o epdiural somemore! Havw a good rest!

Vanilla
I guess bcos Dr Adrian has too many patients giving birth in Oct and that's why he has problems remembering all his patients' details. Hahaha!!!

everafter, Dimpletot
Dont be discouraged. I was like you, unable to pump much for the first few days but after a few days, with consistent pumping, now more stablised liao. I also supplement my gal with Fm when not enough bm cos cannot starve bb mah. Dun give up. Jiayou!!!

Trace
Last day of work for you today! Good for you! Have a good rest. Calves aching? I know this is very xinku. Get your hubby to message for you. Should relieve some of the pain. Dont walk too much hor!

lili
I'm trying to be more disciplined but find it difficult to wake up each time cos too tired le.</font>

mousebb,

yeah! trying to cut dwn on walking oso..but when in ofc, i hv to climb lotsa stairs!! pengz..so no choice..
sad.gif

so hw r u? managed to get ample sleep?

<font color="0077aa">VaNiLLa,

For seafood &amp; eggs, u have to avoid longer if u r BFing your bb
happy.gif

For chicken &amp; liver, can take after the 1st 12days of delivery or when your wound has healed.</font>

MOrning Mummies,

Congrates Cheerbear and Jess! BBs are BIG!!

Fire fighting last nite from 1 am to 5 plus am... very tired now.. now my gers pattern starts coming out.

<font color="0077aa">Rachel &amp; Regine's Mummy,
LOL...your 1st come back post, already make me laugh liao
happy.gif

No time no see, what have u been busy doing? Don't tell us makan &amp; shopping hor? Or u so on BFing tat u can resist not coming in forum huh?</font>

<font color="0077aa">Rachel &amp; Regine's Mummy,
there is this common saying tat eating eggs may cause the wound to b infected. Juz take extra care bah.</font>

Vanilla
There's always pork &amp; fish. But so boring, right? Eating these for the next 12 days. Guess I have to pay attention about the food too.

JJmom
How much cannot eat eggs when bfeeding ah? I am already thinking of avoiding preserved foods like bacon &amp; ham which I have been eating quite often for my brekkie.

forest
I read through the comments on Dr Paul Tseng here. From what I gathered, yes, he's pro-natural but I also read a mother who had a C-section because her bb is breech. So I think he still doesn't really do natural birthing for breech babies.

Engorgement
I have heard from friends and read here that it's the #1 enemy of mums who bfeed. I know massaging will help. I went for my ante-natal class but still don't get how to massage. Anyone has any advice or videos to share?

<font color="0077aa">Karen, eggs have to b introduced to bb only after certain age. I can't recall how old now, gotta check with my sis again on this. Think same reason as peanuts &amp; seafood, worry of alleges.</font>

Vanilla.. I think fish is the safest for us...

Trace.. I so lazy to move around leh.. walk or stand too long also pain.. really cham leh...

rachel's mummy... how are u???

<font color="aa00aa">Rachel &amp; Regine's Mummy
Yo! Long time no time! How are you?

How to be ho seh when every night not enough sleep
sad.gif
?

Trace
Just hope to have enough sleep dont dare to think of ample sleep lah..hahaha! Dont know when will that happen?</font>

<font color="#C48793"> Hello Mummies!!!
how's everyone today?

Rach's Mum,
long time no 'see' liao wor~
hw are u? copin well? hw ur BB doin?</font>

Back